Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 06-16-2014, 11:42 AM

Wolf902 is a Private
Exclamation Lack of Events?

Hello.
I have been a part of air soft in Ohio and nationally staffing at Lion Claws for sometime now. I have been noticing that there is quite the decrease in OP's in Ohio this year, at least showing from the events page. There used to be tons of ops through out the summer to go and play at.

My question is, is there any other place that has events listed at? Maybe I am just not seeing them all. I would really love to see Ohio get some more op's and milsims out there to play at.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:56 AM

ld513 is a Private
I know Devil's Playground hasn't been posting their events on here lately. You can find those on facebook.

Also, Springfield hasn't had many games lately, but I think that Blade mentioned they are going to start hosting a few more...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:04 PM

hellscrusader is a Private
I've noticed the same with river bottom assault they haven't had much this year either
Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Rellim is a Recruit Private
One of the biggest reasons is the lack of hosts. For example, Northern Ohio took a big blow in the number of events due to some unforeseen, yet detrimental circumstances that happened a couple years ago. Right now there are really only 3 or 4 main groups who host events. If there is a desire for more OPs, there needs to be some new blood in the "hosting" realm.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 PM

alecmclovin is a Private
Dp in mason usually waits until the last minute to post on airsodt ohio for their events. They take place every other week and rotate from Saturday to Sunday each time.
I talked to Blade personally at the last Springfield open play and he has just been busy with life and has been busy preparing for blind fury. He said he planned to have more events before blind fury and would be posting them soon.
I have also been shocked with the lack of events. I know splatter park is not hosting airsodt stuff and I used to go to the night archers and moonlights decently often.
Places like CIA indoor Airsoft in Cleveland and black ops Airsoft in Cincinnati don't post o the events page.
Proverbs 27:19
Jesus Christ is my Savior, ask me anything about Him.
http://www.youtube.com/user/alecmac111
Old 06-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellim View Post
One of the biggest reasons is the lack of hosts. For example, Northern Ohio took a big blow in the number of events due to some unforeseen, yet detrimental circumstances that happened a couple years ago. Right now there are really only 3 or 4 main groups who host events. If there is a desire for more OPs, there needs to be some new blood in the "hosting" realm.
Ah, yes I remember that as I knew and worked with this circumstance directly. I completely agree that we need some more people to just host events. If you have large land, why not just put up some obstacles and have fun. Ohio was a huge airsoft state with tons of places to play and I don't want to lose that. Sure you can say, well I go to lion claws op's, that must be awesome and they are but there is nothing like just taking a nice Saturday or Sunday and playing in your own state for fun. There was a night archer/moonlight at least every month in the summer,mercer used to host all the time. Places like Elite action have seem to not have op's anymore or do not post on here. Yes I have gone to places like CIA before and they are cool sure, but after awhile (especially since I have a polarstar) you just want that old field play back. All these new kids to airsoft all they think of is indoor airsoft and they haven't even been out to a field before.

My team has a field out in Lorain ,I believe,that we practice at from time to time. I am going to talk with my CO and the field owner and see about having some games there.

Last edited by Wolf902; 06-16-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM

DrenneR is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf902 View Post
Ah, yes I remember that as I knew and worked with this circumstance directly. I completely agree that we need some more people to just host events. If you have large land, why not just put up some obstacles and have fun. Ohio was a huge airsoft state with tons of places to play and I don't want to lose that. Sure you can say, well I go to lion claws op's, that must be awesome and they are but there is nothing like just taking a nice Saturday or Sunday and playing in your own state for fun. There was a night archer/moonlight at least every month in the summer,mercer used to host all the time. Places like Elite action have seem to not have op's anymore or do not post on here. Yes I have gone to places like CIA before and they are cool sure, but after awhile (especially since I have a polarstar) you just want that old field play back. All these new kids to airsoft all they think of is indoor airsoft and they haven't even been out to a field before.

My team has a field out in Lorain ,I believe,that we practice at from time to time. I am going to talk with my CO and the field owner and see about having some games there.
I personally still hang with a few friends that throw some stuff up on there own places and have fun, we do that all the time. you normally won't get any real attendance tho, people worried about insurance and stuff.

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 PM

Panda is a Private
Everything has moved to Facebook for the most part. Fallen Warrior has pretty regular games, as does i70 and Black Ops Global, so it isn't necessary to post really. Devil's Playground posts their events on Facebook primarily. OOBI still posts their events here, as well as Springfield events. Valley Creek doesn't really hold events anymore for whatever reason, and SPEAR has moved their games to DP so Red Dragon lies unused except for the occasional event there.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 06-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
I suppose by detrimental event, we are referring to:

Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 PM

RaptorNGA is a Private
I've also heard from a few people who do hold the events that most of the time they apply to have the event posted and their being ignored or taken for ever the moderators of airsoftohio to pass them on to the events listing.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Negative on the event posting RaptorNGA. I personally look every day for new events and if they are repetitive, without proper information or simply not postable, they get validated right away. No exceptions.

As far as my own events, I have been super busy but when I have one, I post it only to find out players don't read it or RSVP to it...and end up showing up anyway. So yeh, facebook is getting more popular nowaday but AO as a special place in my hearts and I will always post the events here, regardless of the outcome

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 06-17-2014, 09:06 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Raptor..most mods do not have access to the event posts to be able to approve them. That is reserved for admins who have been doing a wonderful job from what I can tell when the events are list correctly with the credentials ie. Insurance safety regs etc.... what I do dislike about the fb way of doing it is... unless the different places are constantly sending calendar invites there is really no way of knowing what the turn out is. At least with the rsvps here a player had some idea of the turnout. I know I've hated driving hours to an event for only 20 players or less to be there. Hell I could do that with just my guys in my back yard. Ao Is the one shop stop. Now I've got to be friends with the ao page and ao classifieds and fallen warriors and devils playground and hidden valley etc etc etc.

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite
Old 06-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorNGA View Post
I've also heard from a few people who do hold the events that most of the time they apply to have the event posted and their being ignored or taken for ever the moderators of airsoftohio to pass them on to the events listing.
To second Franc that is simply untrue. Franc, myself and Evil Head are the admin who approve events and when one appears we review it and put it up (exceptions being made for games like come bbwarz in the park). When they show up, they are reviewed and put up.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:28 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
All we can do is hope some more people can get games going.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:16 PM

RaptorNGA is a Private
Well must have just been the people I was talking to then. My bad was just sharing what I picked up from people. May have been repetitive events that they were trying to post then.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:21 AM

Warfox is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warfox
War Den has open plays every 1st and 3rd Saturday April - October. We also have the following Ops scheduled:

Boot Camp & Barbeque (Micro MilSim) - June 28th
Operation Echo (Vietnam Op) - July 26th
Operation Firefly 2 - August 30th
Operation Tribulation 3 - September 27th
Turf Warz - October 25th

There is also talk of one additional Op at War Den this year but that one is yet TBD.
www.wardenairsoft.com
Old 06-20-2014, 11:01 AM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Any change to get them on the calendar?

-----------------------
Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Wolf, That idea that events were being ignored came from when Loc was the only one that could approve events and was super busy with life. If I remember correctly that was like back in 09 or 2010?

The admins have been doing a good job at posting events, the issue is that with all the repedative events the calander quickly fills up and makes things look cluttered.

With that being said I would still like to see more milsim games as it seems as opens and BF/OOBI are the only major ones.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 06-21-2014, 10:11 PM

Waffles4900 is a Private
I don't know about you guys, but I have been thinking of buying some land or buildings (like a abandoned factory for example) and opening an awesome field, but it's a large investment. Not only does the land or property cost a bit, but there's setting up legal things and whatnot. If you ask DP about rules they're always referring to insurance rules. Imagine being in their shoes under strict policies. To top it off, there's always some punk *** players who ignore the rules and do something illegal. What if they are found outside the field property line (out in public) with a suped up m4 and silencer. No orange tip in today's public? He'd be shot right then and there, and guess who is going to have some blame no matter what happens? The field. Waivers and documents are just scrap paper to some retarded ****s out there. What happens if the field doesn't work out? Like barely anyone shows up? Waste of money, big time. That's thousands of dollars just gone. It seems risky to me.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:28 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
I completely agree. All of these things do happen and wallets are empty for many people. The best thing any one can do is try. Heck even some random open land (that can be obtained legally) can always work out if you get enough people to help build obstacles.

Look at splatter park for example, in my opinion still one of my favorite fields in Ohio. They only have Air soft open plays once a month if were lucky now. (Hosted by Air soft Alpha). Why not try to put on another form of Night archer/Moonlight or even a day game? No one has to buy the land, just have enough to cover the rent. There are many fields out there that can be used with out needing to buy them. You can utilize online payment and have a cut off date so if the funds are not there you can always cancel and refund others. (Lion claws does this.)

Warfox it would be awesome if you guys could get that on the calendar! I'd love to come out but never would have known with out your post.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Swampdog is a Private
I personally miss when all events were posted here. It made it easy to see all events, registered players etc. Now its a pain in the butt to find a game and know how many people are going to be there. I hate the idea of driving an hour or 2 and only a handful of people showing up especially with the cost of gas.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Tiimelord is a Private
I miss the sheer number of fields that were accessible from pretty much anywhere in southern Ohio. Valley Creek, Red Dragon, Hell's Basin, for starters, were all great fields to play on.

I also feel that the lack of events being posted (directly) through AO is dwindling due to the large amount of the community relying on Social Media for game dates. Sure, it's not hard at all to follow a FaceBook page, but not everyone on the AO site is a member of FaceBook, etc.
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil
Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
That's true... would be great if the event hosts maybe worked together rather than competing for bodies. If they did that they would actually create higher head count since. Sans fallen warriors who are the one field that host pretty much every weekend. I will day this. There is usually at least one game going on every saturday. But the unfortunate way it is now. A player has no idea what the turn out will be like since the rsvp went bye bye.

-----------------------
Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 AM

Rellim is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I suppose by detrimental event, we are referring to:

WIN. This is brilliant
Old 06-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
It's actually pretty old. When all that crap went down, I saw it, a lot...

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: