Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 PM

vivalamexico is a Private
Do not deal with glockboi or sniperboi- scam from airsoftsociety.com

The guy obviously tried to pull something over on me for which I caught him in a bunch of inconsistencies. Not to mention 2 days of serious headache..

I have a FS/FT thread HERE and on numerous other forums trying to offload my USP compact. I have excellent forum feedback across multiple forums and over 100 all positive feedback on ebay spanning nearly 10 years. (ive been a member since 2000) This ain't my first rodeo.
Airsoftohio.com I have the same FS thread posted here locally so you don't have to register with airsoft society or anything.

Here a transcript of our text messages followed by an aim conversation complete with the pictures he tried to pass off as his own gear. Ill omit some parts of the conversation that have no bearing on the actual transaction.

me: Hey man it's Alex I'm selling the USP compact you asked me to text you for details on the sniper2.
Glockboi: Ohh yes I do not have pics but it is mint cond i would love to trade ur gun is awesome! It was not always my gun so i dont knoww all the facts but shoots very accurate
me: It's a 2k2 sniper? You have pics?
GB: Yes i do not have any pics tho it is mint and brand new scope a barska
me: Is it vert feed or right feed?
GB: Sry bout no pics can we still trade and rite feed
me: wait a scope? its a paintball gun right?
GB: yes aha it is short distance
me: right feed is good. does it have pump arm grooves on both sides or just one side? Im trying to figure out the year.
GB: It is removable i will leave it off if you want but do u wanna trade man
GB: both sides (referring to the pump arm slot question)
me: well I would love pics, even cell phone pics. I want to determine the year first.
me: Ahh crap both sides means its too new. Im looking for older. sorry buddy
GB: sry mi phone has no camra
GB: wait hold on wat u mean i think i mest up i am not gun guy so wait wat is both sides cause this gun is not new it was my cousins and it is in good cond but not new
me: pump arm slots are grooves down the side of the body 1 side means its pre2k both sides means its 2k+. I need pre2k because it works better with unregged co2.
GB: Ohh ya sorry sry mi cuz just texted me and said it was pre2k so it takes unreg co2 i dont know exactly what that means (duh thats why you just regurgitated what i sent you one text before)
me: I really want to see pics cause if it its as you say it is I want it.
GB: Uhh i can't i dont have cam but would u mind shipping first i have very good ebay feedback
me: I also have good ebay feedback and I have been a member since 2000. Im also a paypal premier member and have been a member since 2001. Plus I've been trading on automags.org for a long time, since 2003. Does your cousin have pics?
GB: wait wats your email i have them on comp
me: email is vivalamexico@gmail.com

There a few texts here where I try to help get his email client fixed, mysteriously it keeps "failing" to send to me.

GB: yes what is the full name of this gun so i can save the pic and i am not a gun guy sry if i look dumb lol
me: Its a wgp sniper2 (now he asks me what the gun is called and I give him the specific name which he uses to get a picture from google image search from haveblues tech site in his armory section. The kicker here is its a picture of his computer screen, taken with his camera phone, which he told me a few texts before that he didnt even have a camera phone. Also he didnt save the pic as wgp sniper 2 it was timestamped as if it came from a camera phone.)

heres the pic he sent:

GB: sent hope you like it and the color is nice but it looks bad on there
me:what forum is that posted on?
GB: Not a forum i uploaded it r we ready to do this man (did not upload it you liar)
me:The problem is unless your cousin is haveblue or he bought it from haveblue there is no way that is your cousin's gun. 5 seconds of google search will bring up that exact same pic from haveblues armory.
me:Also that pic was taken with a camera not emailed directly, why not just take pics of the actual gun? Not gonna lie I'm getting a little leery. If we do this I want to use an escrow service, this ain't my first rodeo and I dont feel like getting scammed.. (i should have stopped with him right here, I didn't but whatever)
GB: That is just like the gun its not his but it is the same thing i will get u an actuall pic tmr when i get home from vacation
me: That would be super I'm not trying to be a jerk you seem like a legit dude (yeah right) I've just been down this road and with out real pics to confirm Im going to be a little worried.
GB: Yaa i understand 100 percent np would you mind shipping first tho (again with the shipping first crap I haven't even seen the thing at this point)
me: I never ship first, Ive been paying my dues since 2000 literally. Between ebay and paypal and the forums I frequent, I shouldn't have to. If you are worried we can use an escrow service.
GB: So r we good to trade i will text u a pic tmr and when can u ship (I thought you didn't have a camera phone how are you going to text me a pic. and again with the shipping.
me: I can ship after I see pics, confirm your identity through ebay or other forums, and receive the sniper or escrow receives it.
me: whats your ebay account name?
GB: Dabuyer550 and my rule is i nvr ship first but i ship same day i receive
me: Thats funny my rule is never ship first (for trades, money is different) considering how long I've been ebay and paypal and I have 107 feedback all positive I think you could break your rule.
GB: K then we ship same time and it is fastest and easiest
me: Would you feel more comfortable with an escrow service?

there's a few texts here of me explaining to him how an escrow service works....

me: well the third party is an actual company not just "some guy I know". Yes I saw your ebay feedback 34 total and one negative again I have 107 feedback all positive spanning 10 years.
GB: Sry i don't want to deal with it sry but does this mean we are a no go? (no escrow service, no pics, i ship first it really should have been a no go but lets drag it out even more)
me: no not necessarily. I've done direct trades. I just need pics with your name and the date written on a piece of paper next to the gun before you ship. If all is in order we can ship same time with tracking. (at this point I know I'm looking needy but he is so vague and I've gotten nothing from him)
me:If it's the gun you say it is then, yes. If not, then we may have to adjust.
GB: Kk np ill do it tmr

we hash out thats its going to be a direct trade and hes all good then
I get a grainy cell phone pic of an obviously blue to black fade gun, he claims his cousin took it.

me: its blue? I got it it looks blue.
GB: Aha it is not sry prob the lighting and its does lol so r we good
me: I'm not into the blue sorry. I was looking for old school dust black it was the only color of the time (not really but whatever). Sorry you had to jump through hoops, I just dont want a blue gun nor do I want to have a blue gun reanodized.
GB: No it is black but fadded and it was the flash or lighting sry for confusion
me: yeah dust black is good, I still want better pics.

THIS IS WHERE HE SHOWS HOW AWESOME HE IS:
GB: Dude i am tryin ok but i that u need pics but dont be a ***** and i am tryin when could we ship. (someone please invent a device that allows you to backhand someone through the internet. unbelievable.)
me: wow awesome, forget it. Have fun on your vacation. (one of his texts was about how he wasn't home cause he was on vacation in Virginia beach)
GB: No dude i wanna deal just dont say i need this i need that come on i am tryin
Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 PM

I AM NOW ANGRY

me: Look man, my ad has a clear description of what you are getting plus multiple clear pictures. I get one crappy cell phone pic and I'm supposed to just ship off my 200 dollar gun? you are high on drugs.
GB: OK i understand i no i saw yr pics and i am not with the gun now so its hard to get pics.
me: Something in my gut is telling me not to do this deal so I'm not. I'm going to get it sold through other means. Thanks for your time.
GB: look i no u want pics and i want to send them and thankyou
me: So my gun isn't going anywhere yet. Get home safe from vacation, take clear pics, and we'll talk. But calling me a ***** and being downright pushy doesn't help me trust you. Get it?
GB: Just a quick question when I send u pics tmr how r we doing shipping
me: You ship first, then I'll ship or no deal. My feedback is better, Ive been a member longer. Otherwise I'm not doing it.
GB: ok wats the buss u said the third party
me: It's called escrow. we pay a fee to an escrow company that only sends the packages when both are there.
GB: Ok i accept that that is fair thanks when should we ship them out
me: When we hire an escrow service and I actually commit to the deal.
GB: ok how much is it
me: usually its a percentage of the value. Usually for something like this 10 to 20 bucks.
GB: K np and sry I was an *** earlier but i have been trying to make deals all nite and everybody keeps telling me to ship first
me: They probably want you to ship first because their feedback is better, its common. The only time I've shipped first was when I traded a cocker for a BKO. the person had waaaaaay more feedback so I felt comfortable.
GB: Yaa but i do not trust feedback cause u culd still rip the person off just the same I hope u understand
me: I do but then why have feedback at all. Feedback is a way of showing trustworthiness. My feedback says I'm more trustworthy than you. Ive been on ebay FOR 10 YEARS with not a single negative feedback.
GB: Ok i understand but is it possible for u to rip me off
GB: do I need to include an extra box cause they test guns or do they just log boxes (most likely asking so he see if he can ship a brick in a box and hope escrow wont open it.)
me: Of course its possible but don't you think if I wanted to rip someone off I'd use a different username not the same on I've been building good feedback with since the year 2000. Ive been trading on open forums for a looong time plus on ebay when ebay had 0 seller/buyer protection. You have my phone number, you are going to have my address. All this and I still haven't decided I want the sniper because I don't know what the hell it looks like!
GB: Aha i am just sayin
me: Sure I understand, Im always leery with trades it's different than money. All you can do is ship and trust that I wont rip you off. I never have, and I never will. I know what its like being on receiving end of a scam. Anyway go enjoy your vacation, get some real pics and get back to me later. cool?
GB: Aha ok cool i hope we can do business i guess its up 2 the photos lol
me: haha totally pics are worth a thousand words.

he inquires about my other gun, which I had already sold to a stand up trader for my totally reasonable asking price. he tries to trade me a spyder. I tell him no.
I then mention I only like cockers, mags, phantoms, and sheridans. after some more talk about why I hate spyders. he mentions he has two phantoms and he'll trade me a phantom for my USP. So Im intrigued but not hopeful. He descibes the phantom for me after Ive given all the information he needs to just search phantoms.
He mentions phantoms are his faves hes going to put 2 up on ebay the next day but he has no idea how much its worth. If you own a phantom you know roughly how much they are worth. Im not trying to be elitist but come on.
I tell him a vsc phantom in fair condition can sell for 220 and up so Ill trade my USP plus some cash if he wants.
He then says well how about a straight up trade, my usp for the phantom and I say great I want to see pics when you get home.

Heres the aim conversation detailing the phantoms, and the pics he sends me.

me: ok here I be
GB:: yo
me: I dont know why you were having so much trouble with the email. weird. your outgoing mail server must be whacked
GB: idk but i rly want this trade and god must not be happy with me cause i have been workin my *** off aha
me: hahaha. well direct connect me so I can see this phantom
GB:: wat u mean dir connect
me: you can direct connect over AIM so you can send pictures and things
vivalamecks: if your mail aint working use AIM
GB: np but how
me: **** must be always on now. just drag an image file right into your text window where you would type and hit send
GB: not workin
me: Transfer completed:cci-2-s.jpg
me: see how that works. now we should be connected just drag and drop. unless maybe you have an old crappy version of aim
GB: you get it
me: i accepted it but it hasnt popped up yet
GB: is it loading
me: doesnt appear that it is. maybe its done and in the downloads folder.
GB: still says waiting for conf on my page
me: what? i accepted.
me: stop it and retry. ****ing aim garbage.
GB: omg this is dumb god hates me wtf
me: Transfer completedhantom.jpg
GB: YES
GB: u get
me: nah.. god doesnt exist how could it hate you. AIM is just a ****ty program

heres the pic he sent me, it came direct from google image search if you search "phantom VSC" and its not the full size pic its the thumbnail

me: yeah you said your phantom was red yesterday thats blue..
GB: i have 2 but this one is better in my opinion never been to match
GB: i have to upload pic of other
me: yeah man I dont want blue. blue is the devil.
Dsports17: aha i will upload pic of other hold on bro
me: you got it. undercocking kit is tits!
GB: ahahah nice
me: hey whats that engraving say on the stock...
me: Transfer completedhantom good.jpg

here the next one he sends. I didn't find it on google search right away but the size is exactly the same which means thats where he grabbed it. oh also its not red at all like he said previously.

GB:: u get it
me: yeah. whats the engraving on the blue phantom say on the stock?
GB: do u like and i will ask mi cuz it is wih him in jersey i will text him tonight that pic is a month old the other was just taken (take note of this)
GB:: r we good???
GB: omg
me: well I found that blue phantom you are selling through google imagesearch and theres a whole ****ton of photos of it. the two pics you sent are sized as coming out of google imagesearch without going fullscreen. Im not sure what to think..
me: Phantom2.jpg picture by RotaIsAGG - Photobucket
me: theres a link to the big photo...
me: along with countless others. why wouldnt you just direct me there.
GB:: aha dude i am not a comp guy i dont know how to send you kinks n **** aha
GB: i hardly am ever on let alone how to use
GB: do you like it
me: but you know how to pull a picture from google imagesearch and send it through IM?
GB: no clue sry
me: yeah I like it but im not sure its yours is what im getting at...
GB: what do you mean
GB: how long is this gonna take i can just sell it to a friend who sells to a paintball feild but i like your usp but this is getting frustrating
me: i mean I dont believe that you are the owner of these guns. i can find the exact pictures you are sending doing 2 minutes of google search. you didnt take these pics and you keep referencing your "cousin" who I dont even know. you are making me nervous and frankly I don't really want to do a deal with you anymore.
GB:: ok thats fine thanks for wasting all my time
me: no you are getting frustrating. you are "not a gun guy" who "owns" two phantoms and you can't send me one pic that I cant find on my own by searching through someones photobucket album that is clearly not you?
me: you wasted my time pal you cant try scamming people and expect them not to be a little pissed at you.
GB: my friends put albums up there when we shoot do u wanna see more
me: I want to see a pic of a phantom that you took with your camera with a piece of paper next to it with your screen name and todays date written on it.
me: whos your friend
me: whats his name and or screen name. (I wanted this to cross-refence the username for the photobucket album I found with pics of the phantom he tried to pass off as his own.)
GB: nope he is not part of this and i am done working my *** off for you good bye and good luck getting a paintball gun and i am rly not a paintball gun guy but i am an airsoftgun guy
GB: good bye
me: hahahahahaha nice try scammer Ill make sure everyone knows to stay away from you.
[B]GB:[/B prove i ws scamming u
[B]GB:[/B: i have the gun right here what r u sayin
[B]GB:[/B aha yr loss bye dude
GB signed off at 2:50 PM.
me: I dont need to, I can just upload all the texts we sent. which I saved and this convo. anyone with half a brain can see your trying to pull something.

Funny thing is if he had the gun right there he could tell me what the engraving on the blue phantom's stock said. he said hed have to call his mysterious cousin again. what a liar. do not under any circumstances do any business with him.

Recent development! Hes banned anyway.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:36 PM

TheMechanic is a Private
It reminds me of this time a random guy messaged me on Yahoo saying he needed a respresentative in the US to cash money orders for him. I was supposed to cash the money orders, keep $100 per and then Western Union him the rest. An obvious scam, but my curiousity got the best of me. So I signed up. He actually sent me two money orders. They looked absolutely legit until I googled them to see what kind of security features they had. The ones I recieved had em all except one, a teeny tiny water mark on one side near the edge.

I love how f'ing dumb these scammers are and how easy they are to get trapped in thier lies. btw, that USP compact is a nice gun. I have an M4 I will trade you, I just took a pic of it today:

________
Herbal vaporizer prices

Last edited by TheMechanic; 09-08-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Im actually trying to get rid of all my airsoft stuff. Thanks for the offer though. If you have anything paintball related feel free to offer up. Im looking for some pretty specific stuff though. Or cash always works

Nice aliens quote in the sig btw...
Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM

Falcon is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Falcon
I wouldn't trust anyone with 'boi' in their name to begin with.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
I wouldn't trust anyone with 'boi' in their name to begin with.
That actually should get included in the "how to avoid getting scammed" thread in the BST section....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Stander is a Private
i'm surprised you kepy with this guy for so long, what with the bogus pictures, shipping issues, and generally unintelligable way he communicated with you. I honestly couldn't understand what he was saying in a couple sentences.

Anyway, you've got a lot of patience.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:21 PM

Thats what my girlfriend keeps saying... no wonder she stuck around for 3 years already.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Ban Hammer (Retired)

Loki is a SpecialistLoki is a SpecialistLoki is a Specialist
I agree, I've dealt with a lot of people in my online trading "career", and I quickly figured out that if the person sounds retarded, I immediately end the deal-making process.

Even if they DON'T directly rip you off, I find them to be a HUGE pain in the *** anyway.

You did the right thing, although I would have tried to get his mailing addres as well.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM

Mavrick is a SpecialistMavrick is a SpecialistMavrick is a Specialist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
It reminds me of this time a random guy messaged me on Yahoo saying he needed a respresentative in the US to cash money orders for him. I was supposed to cash the money orders, keep $100 per and then Western Union him the rest. An obvious scam, but my curiousity got the best of me. So I signed up. He actually sent me two money orders. They looked absolutely legit until I googled them to see what kind of security features they had. The ones I recieved had em all except one, a teeny tiny water mark on one side near the edge.
A friend of mine got involved in a similar scheme. The deal was that they would ship these car parts to (my friend) along with money to pay for shipping. (my friend) would then ship them to someone else and keep whatever was left of the money (1000). My friend, being the smart person they are, kept the parts and the money. Scamming a scammer, thats how it should be done.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 PM

Cephalos is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Cephalos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
A friend of mine got involved in a similar scheme. The deal was that they would ship these car parts to (my friend) along with money to pay for shipping. (my friend) would then ship them to someone else and keep whatever was left of the money (1000). My friend, being the smart person they are, kept the parts and the money. Scamming a scammer, thats how it should be done.
Dang! Nicely done.

and wow that first post is quite a read.. interesting though. I don't think i could have dealt with that guy as long as you did.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM

i70Pb Airsoft is a Private
Unfortunately this happens all the time, I see a couple of people a month that bring in items that they just got "online" not working or not the described parts on it. It's sad, but you just can't trust people now days.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Sniperboi0717 is a Private
I guess it doesnt look good my sn with this scammers lol
Old 09-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Skate is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperboi0717 View Post
No, I suppose it doesn't. Maybe you should contact a sight administrator to change your name to something that follows the guidelines of the English language....

Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperboi0717 View Post
That doesn't even make sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: