Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Operation Braaaaaaains IV (Oct 26th)

presents:

4624 Dayton Springfield rd. Springfield OH 45502

We are overhauling the event structure this time around. Safety concerns really limit our options for night play, and we have received mixed feedback about the use of invincible or otherwise difficult to kill zombies.
Our goal is to speed up the intensity of the game, and really give the players the opportunity to FEEL like they are a part of a zombie horde, or are being chased by one. This is why we are doing two scenarios in the day.
The survivors will be split into two groups. Group A will be playing as zombies for one whole scenario, while Group B will be playing as zombies for the other scenario.
The reasoning behind this gives us a few things.
1) Guarantee large numbers of zombies at all times.
2) Eliminate the need to confusing "super" zombies.
3) Add objectives and real game structure to the zombie faction.
4) Zombie players don't need to carry their extra weapons for 3 hours (less broken property)

Each player will be issued several "brain tokens" that zombies will attempt to collect during each scenario. As they get more tokens, they will have the opportunity to trade them in for extra raffle tickets as well as gain points for their faction.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com

Last edited by Sky; 08-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
[reserved for additional event information]

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM

WhiteOut is a Private
Yesssssss!
MARSOC (WIP)
Old 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM

BioStare is a Private
So pumped. These are some of my favorite events. I've been waiting for this.

So thus, BioStare means...absolutely nothing.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:05 PM

1st recon is a Private
so will there be any night ops at all
Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st recon View Post
No........
Old 08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st recon View Post
There will not. It adds too much confusion and safety hazards to the game with very little reward in return. This new format will give us a better opportunity to deliver a quality game.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM

HardLock is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to HardLock
WHERE is this being held?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Sorry, forgot to put in on the thread and not just the event calendar. This is at Hidden Spring Ranch.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Yessssss! I loved Braaaaains there.
MARSOC (WIP)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
I cannot wait

Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 PM

Spartan1138 is a Private
Brains 3 was awesome, can't wait till 4! I like what I'm hearing about most of the overhauls, but I'm kinda sad about the lack of a night game. I understand and totally agree with the reasoning, but still, it takes away from the fear factor of fleeing from a zombie horde... Still, it sound's like it'll be fun!

"What will people think if I tell them I'm a Jesus Freak? What will they do when they find out its true? I don't care if they label me a Jesus Freak, there ain't no disguising the truth!"- from Jesus Freak by DC Talk

"To my future wife: I may wear a kevlar helmet, a bullet-proof vest, and carry an m4, but I am still your knight in shining armor." - The White Russian
Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 PM

T271 is a Private
Bringing a full squad this year. Already made Soviet recruiting propaganda for it.

Airsoft music videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/09kesler/videos
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM

Ghost1186 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ghost1186
I may not have looked hard enough, but if you are human and then turned zombie, are you stuck as a zombie for the rest of that scenario? I can't wait I was always running the zombie games and now I get to play in one!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Thanks to Airsoft Smith for being our first event sponsor. Please do your best to show them your support.

Ghost, that is still being worked on. With the new policy of having 1/2 the players start as a zombie for a given scenario - we don't have to follow our previous policy of being stuck as a zombie until the end. The details are still being worked out - but we are considering having 3 "lives" as a human before your luck runs out. That will all be sorted out before October.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Ghost1186 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ghost1186
Sounds good sky, if you ever wanna get together and/or talk about hosting zombie games I am your man, did the outbreak series and I know the do's and don'ts and would love to hear your side, because I plan on bringing my series back in the spring, and would love to set up a uniformed system so it will make it easier on the players.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
^ totally. We are constantly tweaking the ruleset - and these kinds of games generally attract newer players so it's quite a challenge to get everyone on the same page.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
I am pleased to announce another sponsor for the event. Amped Airsoft will be supplying the bb's for the day. Thanks guys!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
What to expect if you start the scenario as a human player:
  • You will need to find ammunition on the field.
  • You will need to gather food and supplies.
  • You have 3 “lives” to survive the scenario and stockpile the most goods.
  • Your three lives are going to be represented by three tokens that you will carry on your person.
  • If a zombie gets two hands on you, you have been killed, and your brains have been eaten. You give a brains token to the successful zombie. At this point you are dead and must go back to respawn
  • Once you run out of tokens and get turned by a zombie, you are now a part of the horde.
  • If you tag a human player, and take one of their tokens, you can then go respawn as a human player.

Tokens will be reimbursed at the end of the scenario for raffle tickets. The more tokens you get (ie, the better zombie you are) the more raffle tickets you will receive.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
We have another generous sponsor to add to the ranks. TNT Enterprises is donating some great raffle items for you guys.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Little update.

The far west side (camp ground area) will be closed for airsoft from Sept. 28th to December 8th due to the hunting season. I am working on a way to easily ID the specific area before the event.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 09-28-2013, 03:03 AM

Patronus is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Patronus Send a message via Yahoo to Patronus
Dammit! I always miss these and I've always wanted to go!!! Crap.
Death is my Dance Partner
Old 09-28-2013, 12:09 PM

Viking is a Private
I'm definitely interested, been wanting to go to a zombie game for a long time. Don't know if I will be able to make this one as none of my aeg's shoot 350 fps or less. Might downgrade a AK105 when I get one of those.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I'm definitely interested, been wanting to go to a zombie game for a long time. Don't know if I will be able to make this one as none of my aeg's shoot 350 fps or less. Might downgrade a AK105 when I get one of those.
Go melee only. Worked well for me the last two times...
Old 10-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
We might be a little early for weather updates, but high of 56 sounds pretty good right now for zombie games.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: