Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM

Mlgchewbacca is a Private
Polarstar Questions???

Hi
Im in the market to purchase a Polarstar, it would be my first Polarstar.
I was wondering what the main differences between the PR-15 CQBR and
the PR-15 Carbine. I know the lengths are a difference, but I was wondering if they both have the same fusion engine? On Polarstars website, with the blue nozzle the PR-15 CQBR has a fps of 330-350 while the PR-15 Carbine has a fps of 355-405. I have a KWA M4 and M16, I know alot of people say that with KWA bodies you have to do some work to get the fusion engine to fit, which is fine. Thats why im debating on which one to get, if I did get the CQBR could I put the engine in my M4 and or M16? Im just not sure which Polarstar to get. Any personal preferences of your guys would be helpful also. My budget is $1500, for the whole setup, input on what to get and why would also be great.
Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Genius is a Private
The longer the barrel, the higher the FPS on a gas gun. I'm sure that is the only reason the carbine has a higher FPS than the CQBR.

My suggestion would be to buy either of the complete PR-15s and just put whatever externals you want on it, instead of trying to install the system into a KWA.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Mlgchewbacca is a Private
I was just wondering if I buy the CQBR, if I could just switch out the fusion engine into my KWA M4 that way when I wanted more range and longer barrel if it works?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM

zing is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlgchewbacca View Post
I was just wondering if I buy the CQBR, if I could just switch out the fusion engine into my KWA M4 that way when I wanted more range and longer barrel if it works?
the Kwa M4 is not a TM compatible body, so it would take some modification. Not sure how much. If your looking into switching bodies, look into getting a cqb and a field upper receiver. I plan to do that eventually as an alternative to the nozzle swap. its easy, but why bring a field gun to a indoor environment?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
If you REALLY want to install it into a KWA, you can either ask Bingoworks to do it or you can ask them how they do it. They have all their guides on their website.

http://www.bingoairsoftworks.com/
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
Fallen warriors airsoft is Ohio's only dealer of polarstar and he's also a certified repair center as well. 2 guys on my team had him put fusion engines in their KWA's(sr-12,BR and cqr) and it took a little bit of shimming. It's only 1.5-2 hrs from cincy. You might even be able to come to an event and drop it off and he might be able to get it done before the days over...send him a message though I'm sure he can hook you up!

http://www.liveleak.com/c/natej740

Also check out my GoPro Airsoft videos....

http://www.youtube.com/user/natej7400

Tags
polar*, polarstar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: