Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 PM

PacMan is a Private
Flight suit loadout help

in my quest to start my first event loadout, I've stumbled across something rather appealing to my ascetic tastes, The Flight suit, because its a sexy alternative to the mainstream BDU. However, i have acquired some questions about my possible attire, and figured real, experienced people could answer my inquiries far better than Google.

1. How hot does it get in these things?Any tips on reducing the heat?
2. What kind of loadout themes could i run with a flight suit?(PMC?)
3. any recommendations of gear that would compliment the flight suit?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Armand h is a Private
I know for a period of time the marines used them for a period of time in iraq
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
MARSOC (Theme of loadout) commonly used/uses Sage and Khaki Flight suits.

They use FSBE II gear, which is Coyote Brown (Gear that would compliment). Sometimes the FSBE II stuff is called "True Coyote Brown", as other Coyote Brown gear just looks... Off in terms of color.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Daxter is a Private
Honestly if you're going for a flight suit, I'd go with any pilot gear. Make yourself look like a downed pilot. That's something I haven't seen before. It would be a lot nicer than seeing the cliche Marine or Army loadout. Tis why I've gone for the British impression.

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:19 PM

PacMan is a Private
British i hear? sir, do you possess an LA80 enfield of some sort? im a huge fan.
*just noticed the "l85a2 user" thing. so what brand is yours?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM

slim. is a Private
PJ's have also used khaki flight suits
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM

PacMan is a Private
i think i may just buy an OD flightsuit, and use it for a generic marine loadout and pick up some surplus pilot gear and try and assemble a CHEAP pilot loadout. if i do that i may pick up a JG p90 because i know vehicle personnel utilize these. not sure if pilots do, but oh well.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM

Daxter is a Private
I'd settle for a classic army P90. Airsoft Arms has one for 170. It's a sportsline but that just means you will have to put some time and effort into making it as good as you want it. As for the suit, I've got a flight suit but it's not for sale (tis my dad's). I can send you pictures maybe and show you what you're looking into. as for pilot gear, they are issued I believe an M9 with 1 or 2 magazines. Pilot helmet would look awesome if you can find one.

Also, an alternative to the P90, a Bravo or Matrix RDW would also look nice with a loadout like this. Look into those as well.

ADD ON: Here are some links to what I'm talking about:
RDW- http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=33479
P90- http://www.airsoftarms.com/Classic-A...-Value-Package
M9- http://www.airsoftarms.com/KWA-M9-Ta...lowback-Pistol
Flight suit- http://www.gibson-barnes.com/index.php?id=18&cat_id=21
Flight Helmet- http://www.gentexhelmet.com/#02-fixed

This is just what I found. I've bought from Evike and Airsoft Arms before so I can vouch for them. The others, I cannot. But just make sure you're out there looking. I'm sure you can find half of the gear at a gun show or something along those lines.

Last edited by Daxter; 09-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM

maglips is a Private
Downed pilot is sort of a specialty gig, used by event staff, I wouldn't go there. Plus, I wore a flight helmet for BS2 (I was the chopper pilot) and wearing one for extended periods sucks.
To answer the most important question you asked....flight suits get effin' hot (they're nomex) but are good in fall and spring. Wear a flight suit and a flight helmet in the middle of summer and you are a gauranteed heat casualty.
Run a flight suit until next summer, then see if you want to add some sort of blouse/trouser combo to your collection. You may be fine with just a FS and not need anything else. Scorpion runs a flight suit about 90% of the time.

Stay in school and you'll do great! And don't forget your vegetables either! - Scorpion

Last edited by maglips; 09-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Daxter is a Private
Oh, and not to be a buzz kill but this thread would serve a greater purpose if put in the Gear & Accessories section.

http://airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

That's where most loadout and impression threads are.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM

PacMan is a Private
Ive been looking into the JG for sheer cost, $140, and all thats wrong with it is i have to cut the spring or replace it to be cqb legal because it shoots at a surprising 400 sumtin FPS. tbh i may just take the jury rigger approach and make a pilot helm with a bike helmet, some scrap stuff and a pair of full seals (only reason im even thinking of doing it that way im fairly confident in my abilities to do this, and the more cost i can cut on things that can be cut, the better.) The only concern now that i know what i want (thanks to you all) is comfort in my suit. i dont think a hydration pack is going to be enough to survive our states summers.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM

Daxter is a Private
Okay but just letting you know, I've been the owner of a few JG's and clones and they eventually fail on you. Costing you more to fix it than what you payed originally. If you do get one, just make sure you take great care and make whatever modifications necessary.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 PM

cj93 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax_7 View Post
Okay but just letting you know, I've been the owner of a few JG's and clones and they eventually fail on you. Costing you more to fix it than what you payed originally. If you do get one, just make sure you take great care and make whatever modifications necessary.
Ive run a JG m16 for over 3 years with little to no problems. Just so ya know. Ans to the mod, P90s are ridiculously easy to work on, in fact theres a video on it on mechbox.com. Oh and i would like to add that U.S. Military vehicle crews do not use P90s, but use what you want.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM

Daxter is a Private
Another discussion for another day. PM if you want the details on my JG failures. But over all on the flight suit ideas, I'd go for it. It would be different and would take some getting used to but it would be a pretty neat and different idea.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:28 PM

Panda is a Private
A flight suit would actually be a decent idea during the late fall to early spring period, but wear one in June and expect to get watched closely. Flight suits are extremely hot due to the fact that at 30,000 feet, it's well below zero degrees. Should they need to eject from their plane, a Hawaiian shirt and jean shorts won't help you in -50+ degrees. Yes, it can get that cold. I would also like to add that most pilots carry a knife, M9 pistol with spare ammunition, and a basic medical and survival kit. That is based from what my uncle (Former USAF) tells me.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Yamz is a Private
This is not me, but I kept this picture from Operatorchan. It shows just how nice Coyote gear can look with a Sage flight suit. Hope this helps or gives you some inspiration.

Tags
flight suit, gear set, loadout

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: