Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Daxter is a Private
@Jdavis: I found a British Military Vest. I'll send you a PM and I want to hear your opinion.

If anyone has any word on any MK.6 or MK.7 helmets (preferably not on Ebay), send me a PM about it. I'm going for the real deal here guys, no cheapy chinese copies.

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM

Torque is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
I have also seen the bottoms with a chocolate chip top and IBA equipment, so it would seem pretty much anything can go with the DDPM bottoms..
Any pics of this combo, esp the IBA? Would love to see that but my Google-fu is fail.

I've definitely see the woodland DPM smocks worn with the DDPM bottoms.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Merc is a Private
Here is an entire thread of uniform mixing goodness. I didnt see Chocolate chip though.

http://gearsoc.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=178

6MM MILITIA
Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 PM

Daxter is a Private
I just ordered DPM's and a vest (not the Osprey but it is similar to Jdavis's vest). I will take pics when it gets here and let you all know how it turns out!

EDIT: I got the DPM's and the vest. I am very impressed. Very comfortable and breathable. I'll be sure to put up pics soon.

EDIT: PICS!!

Last edited by Daxter; 08-15-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM

Torque is a Private
Where did you pick up the vest?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Daxter is a Private
thesportsmanguide.com had it. They are very nice.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Torque is a Private
@Merc, others

Just found out there's a difference in material between the DDPM hot weather trousers (that I currently have) and the 'windproof' material jackets and trousers. Apparently the windproof material is thicker and more like ripstop, but harder to find. Going to look for some on the interwebs...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Kung Fu Moses is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Kung Fu Moses
While off topic, I figured this would be a good place to drop that I'm working on writing a game about the resurgence of the IRA, and was hoping there'd be enough people on AO to keep the British side completely DPM.. It looks like there might be if everyone comes out of the wood work. Lol

"Being a fireman is NOT cooler than being a cop..." "BUT THEY'VE GOT COOLER UNIFORMS, COOLER TRUCKS, COOLER SIRENS, THEY EVEN GET TO CARRY AXES!!!!!!" "AXES!?!?! I get to carry a gun. A real gun, with real bullets, I get to shoot bad guys.. IM LIKE DIRTY HARRY. Can you even name a famous fireman?" "Smokey.. the... Bear?" Firefighters: We've got cooler everything. And a frakkin BEAR.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM

ESW-Arclight is a Private
I am not sure if you guys know but the brits are phasing out DPM, they wanted a digital camo. Some of the SAS units already phased it out and I saw some photos of 3Para in Afghanistan wearing multicam. I am friends with a SAS member and he hasn't had DPM in like 8 months atleast. This is good because there should be more surplus out there. I personally always like the DPM a lot so it will be sad to see it go. There was a bunch on ebay a few months back.

good luck on building up the kit

kary
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESW-Arclight View Post
I am not sure if you guys know but the brits are phasing out DPM, they wanted a digital camo. Some of the SAS units already phased it out and I saw some photos of 3Para in Afghanistan wearing multicam. I am friends with a SAS member and he hasn't had DPM in like 8 months atleast. This is good because there should be more surplus out there. I personally always like the DPM a lot so it will be sad to see it go. There was a bunch on ebay a few months back.

good luck on building up the kit

kary
It's not Multicam, it is a british variant of Multicam called Multi-Terrain Pattern. It is similar in pattern to DPM but uses the 7 colors of Multicam.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM

ESW-Arclight is a Private
I knew it looked slightly different than normal multi-cam, I wasn't sure if it was the camera angle. I am usually up on the textile news I somehow missed the new name. I only heard which company was bidding their contract. I bid a job for one of the SAS units last year to build some shotgun gear but they redeployed elsewhere and ended up cancelling the bidding process. They wanted MOLLE mag pouches for their magazine fed shotguns.

kary
Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Crye Baby

Quebely is a Private
IIRC Bowman headsets and ESS Advancer V12s are pretty standard with the Limeys (as shown in your pictures). I'd look into getting one of each for additional swag.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Daxter is a Private
Swag is always a nice thing. I've been planning to get ESS goggles for a wile now.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM

Torque is a Private
For those British lovers out there who need some inspiration on your loadout, I found this:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...tish-bash.html

The thread just keeps getting better and better as you go on, it's amazing.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 PM

Viking is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Moses View Post
While off topic, I figured this would be a good place to drop that I'm working on writing a game about the resurgence of the IRA, and was hoping there'd be enough people on AO to keep the British side completely DPM.. It looks like there might be if everyone comes out of the wood work. Lol
Not to get off topic, but I'm digging the whole IRA game idea. I don't foresee getting the large number of people turning out for the event in DPM (I don't know why more people don't run DPM, It's one of the best working camo's for Ohio), however it should still turn out to be a great event if planned properly. There's more than enough new's, videos, and other content on the internet to base missions and story lines off of the subject matter, should make for a great event.

Let us know when your going to hold this event, if It's not to far and I don't have anything going on, I'll try and make it out and film it for the You Tube channel.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Viking, PM inbound; but that's why I'm going to make MultiCam British.

"Being a fireman is NOT cooler than being a cop..." "BUT THEY'VE GOT COOLER UNIFORMS, COOLER TRUCKS, COOLER SIRENS, THEY EVEN GET TO CARRY AXES!!!!!!" "AXES!?!?! I get to carry a gun. A real gun, with real bullets, I get to shoot bad guys.. IM LIKE DIRTY HARRY. Can you even name a famous fireman?" "Smokey.. the... Bear?" Firefighters: We've got cooler everything. And a frakkin BEAR.

Last edited by Kung Fu Moses; 10-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

soldier of fortune is a Private
www.majorsurplus.com has british des DPM load bearing vest. also I would suggest getting on the operation eastwind forum. the guys in the british role should be able to hook you up with far more information then anyone on Airohio
Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Viking is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of fortune View Post
www.majorsurplus.com has british des DPM load bearing vest. also I would suggest getting on the operation eastwind forum. the guys in the british role should be able to hook you up with far more information then anyone on Airohio
Theirs also www.cadetdirect.com and www.flecktarn.co.uk
Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 PM

EagleDriver is a Private
The guys at the Zeroin forum in the UK are a great resource for UK loadouts.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisp...itish-Loadouts

The forum is actually run for the web shop of Zero One Airsoft, so one thing they don't like is posting links to items for sale on other sites. But the forum members will PM you with any such links that you would need. They are a great resource for finding British gear and tweaking a Brit loadout.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Daxter is a Private
I got mine from Sportsmanguide. Now they have some terrible stuff but these DPM's are amazing. 100% legitamate. Not reproduction and it really wasn't that expensive.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:38 PM

Taffy is a Private
Count me in. I have complete Woodland DPM and Desert DPM uniforms and kit from head to toe.

Blind Fury 8
Blind Fury 9
Blind Fury 10
Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 AM

Daxter is a Private
Yeah, if anyone here is interested in forming a British impression team, get in contact with Torque and I. We are contemplating the thought of this.

Here is the team site:
http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/group.php?groupid=356

Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Thanks a lot guys.. Now I'm counting my pennies too see whether or not I can pull off a generic SF loadout. Haha. It's actually not as expensive as I thought it'd be.

http://www.hassayampasurplus.com/Home_Page.html
They've got everything I feel I'd need except an Osprey cover or a vest.

I'm thinking about going DDPM, so I can still run with my team, and woodland equipment..
This is why I wish we had more games that were pattern vs pattern not color vs color.. So I can mix and match.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 AM

Torque is a Private
One note on the Osprey body armor. I've been doing some research, and here's a few things I've found:

1) There are currently 4 versions of the Osprey, Mark I through IV. The first three are commonly found in DDPM, but the Woodland DPM does exist. I believe the new Mk IV is only found in MTP, but haven't confirmed that. The Mk II and Mk III are the most common, but still rare and hard to find.

2) The Osprey literally comes in like 6 sizes: S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL. They also have the British sizing designation (like 170/112). The problem with this is without trying one on, you may or may not get the right size. So it's a crap shoot. And of course most of the common sizes are out of stock because they're being used in theatre, but the odd sizes are more plentiful (like S or XXL).

Last edited by Torque; 10-30-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 AM

Well right now my PC is a medium, so if I get a large I oughta be in good shape. From what I can tell, the "armor" that we're interested in is just a cover. I found Osprey covers for only $10.00 all the way up to $120.00.

Tags
british, dpm, loadout, mk.6, mk.7, sfsg, uksf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: