Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Hawthorne is a Private
Madbull 40mm Airsoft Grenade

I've been looking into getting a revolver grenade launcher but wanted to know to know some more info first. I've already done research and found answers to most if not all of my question but one other question I had that I couldn't find an answer to was what is the effective range of an airsoft 40mm grenade? I know there are a lot of factors that come into play when you ask that question so I am going to make it more specific. What is the average range of a madbull xm108hp 40mm grenade whaen it's fully loaded with .20's and charged with 800psi(standard preassure of non-regulated co2) of co2? I just wanted to know this info before I get into 40mm grenading because I didn't really want to spend $125 just to buy and test an xm108hp grenade and co2 adapter and endup not wanting to get into grenading. I am looking for answers mainly from people that own a mad bull xm108hp grenade or people that have extensivley used this perticular grenade, but of course any help from any one is appreciated.
If possible, I would like the range of the grenade when it's shot straight, and at a 45 degree angle. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Hawthorne; 04-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 PM

ISKRA is a Private
First: In most of the grenades I've used, 800 psi is near impossible to fire because of the extreme pressure. under that pressure, it also start to deform the ball bearings and/or the piston. Eventually, it will ruin the fill valve. The CO2 is unregulated at 800 psi, but you need to have a regulator to bring it down to 300 - 400 psi.

As for effective and accurate point target range, CO2 will be approx 75 - 100 ft, and the Green Gas will be approx 50 ft. The area target range (30% of the bb's hitting a target) would be an additional 50 ft added on the the rages above. This was with a full 120 rd grenade. Range is drastically effected by the amount of bb's you are launching. Please note that I have not tested the range extensively. These are approximations.

The effective range also depends on what your mission is. If you are primarily working in open areas, long ranges, or in the woods, then range is paramount. If you will be doing CQB/CQC/room clearing, volume or the amount of bb's will be the critical factor. More the better.

I also recommend watch a few YouTube videos of these in action. After a few, you will be able to estimate the range. Videos with a body of water in them make it easier to see the bb impact and spread.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Hawthorne is a Private
Ok, thanks for the help. The only reason I thought madbull co2 grenades can handle 800psi of co2 is because of the one co2 adapter madbull sells that does not have a regulator on it. It looks just like a propane adapter except it attaches to a co2 bottle which means that the direct 800psi coming from the co2 tank is what is going into the grenade since the adapter has no way of controling or regulating the output preassure coming from the co2 tank, right? And I don't think mad bull would sell a product that would damage their other products......... But if I were to get a co2 adapter, I would definatly but the one with the regulator.

And as far as the mission I am going to be playing, I am basically going to be a support gunner(not m60 or saw status, but you know what I mean). And I mainly play in a large canyon where there's semi-dense brush, dense brush, ravines, hills and wide open areas(canyon is mainly seim dense brush). There's mid to short range with a few long range places, unless you climb one of the many hills surrounding the canyon where there are many long range shots(100yds+). But I'm not playing sniper role, so I'll stay off them hills and stick to playing on the ground. Ocasionally(once a month) I play at the local fields where there's everything from a trench field to a cqb town(i know i'll be pwnage on that field). So I'm going to be playing in just about every environment/setting there is, so........

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Hawthorne; 04-11-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: -

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: