Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Panda is a Private
AAR, Operation: Scorched Earth

I'm on an iPhone so i'm not gonna type much right now, but thanks OOBI for a good event. Things didn't turn out as expected, but we definitely made the most of it. Nice job to all forces, especially UCT for steamrolling all game. Then again, we could probably have steamrolled to if we had a guntruck....

Discuss, gentlemen. I'll post a detailed breakdown later.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 07-13-2013, 08:14 PM

ExSoul is a Private
Hey that was a blast thanks so much guys

"Damn few"

"That of which we allow to defeat us defines us, That which we over come against all odds, fear and expectations empowers us and designs us"
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Big thanks to everyone who made it out. The turnout wasn't as high as hoped but as faxon said we adapted and moved on. I will say from our perspective that this game is proof positive that the quality of player is the determining factor of how it will go and everyone who played today was top notch. Great hustle by all players who were able to make their objectives work with the resources at their disposal. I will write a full AAR once I get my laptop back from the wife
Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 PM

MistaOrange is a Private
Had a lot of fun, Jonah, Sky, Blade, and everyone else in the organizing chain did a great job working out some of the kinks with the Cartel having 7 and PLA having 5 total. Also thanks to Snake for being as good of a CO as he could with very limited resources.

As always (it seems) the Springfield RSVP numbers were off, so it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Still a very, very fun event. I'd rather be outnumbered than easily overpowering the other team, to me it's a lot more fun that way.

Also, someone cap the amount of BBs that Forge is allowed to fire in one day.

My one and only complaint was getting shot 3 times by the Humvee when I was standing in a building with my red rag on top my head in the final scenario, however that was partially my fault for still being in a live area as there was a live man in the building across from me.

Also, Jonah, you should definitely look into the dual-field Ops, I know it was a joke at the time but that would be freaking legit as heck. I would throw my monies at you.

Great game gentleman, can't wait for the next one. VIVA LA CARTEL!

Also, met a nice guy today, goes by the name of Warrior on AO. We took him along to Subway with us at lunch, he was nice, and also a great comrade on the field. Would definitely play with him again

Op's planned; Op: Chimera, Op: Cold Hard Truth, Op: Sidewinder

"Nobody has ever defended anything successfully. There is only attack, attack, and attack some more." -George S. Patton.

Last edited by MistaOrange; 07-13-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:54 PM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Let me start out by saying a big old thanks to Jonah and Sky for hosting, and to the Springfield people for letting us run around on their land.

Well I drove myself and Panda up, and it was both of our first games in awhile, and I would say we picked a pretty good one to get back into the swing of things. We got the distinct privilege of playing as members of the Veluca cartel, which was very fun. The day started out with us pushing Jonah's "Fischer Price" jeep out of the mud down at CP5, then chronoing and all that jazz. From briefing, it was clear that there was a big disparity between the people registered on AO and the people that actually showed up. Tan had more than double the green/cartel forces, and that made it easy pickings for them pretty much all day. Having a Humvee gun truck also helped (just a bit :P). Regardless, I had a crapton of fun. Panda, Warrior, and I ran the checkpoints from 2-6 collecting cocaine in our most operator-stealthy manner. We then fought it out against crazy odds in Gold City, where I got 4 kills hiding on the corner of 1 building and channeling my inner Rygar to become invisible. After dying a couple more times and such, Panda and I went on our own little mission to break into Gold City, which Tan held. We snuck all the way through the brush and almost made it into firing positions when the Polarstar SAWs caught sight of us and put a quick end to our plans.

We broke for lunch, where I got to enjoy the REAL reason I came to the event: the pulled pork. It's ridiculous how good it is. After lunch, it became Multicam vs. All, which evened the numbers out a little. We immediately decided to take the fight to the enemy right off the bat, but the Humvee put a quick end to those plans. We fought it out on and off with MC for the rest of the day, and it was a very good time. My AK had a malfunction (because how could I go to an event without breaking a gun?) and I ended up using a friend's trishot shotgun, and I got a kill with it. That was pretty cool. We ended the day fighting in the airfield, with the Humvee terrorizing us as usually and me getting shot straight in the ear. That was a good shot.

The raffle was good, with people winning free passes to Crucible! Lucky guys! BB's were also distributed, but I didn't have the physical prowess to claim any of those. Overall, I had a whole lot of fun, and hope to be regular fixture in this series. OOBI, your events set the bar for the most enjoyable times for me. Thanks to all the players who came out today too, we were all a very, very awesome group of people. There was no yelling, fighting, or flaring tempers. Everyone was courteous, friendly, and made it an awesome time. I hope to be back out again soon!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 PM

MistaOrange is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed2014 View Post
BB's were also distributed, but I didn't have the physical prowess to claim any of those.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I jumped in front of BigRed to grab some free BBs. Big thank you to OOBI for the raffle opportunity, and also for the opportunity to prove to BigRed that I am more swole than him.

Op's planned; Op: Chimera, Op: Cold Hard Truth, Op: Sidewinder

"Nobody has ever defended anything successfully. There is only attack, attack, and attack some more." -George S. Patton.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed2014 View Post
.........channeling my inner Rygar......=..... dying a couple more times and such,
*snickers* There, that sounds a bit more accurate Bred. LOL don't want anyone to get the impression that they can borrow my soooper secret airsoft power to wreak havoc on the enemy!!

Wish I could have been there guys. Sounds like a really fun day. More fun than the one I had most likely. :/
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:05 PM

Bearcat is a Private
I enjoyed the event, I enjoyed the concept of a persistent setting. I think that it will only improve and attendance should increase in the future as well.

As having been on both sides of the fighting yesterday I feel uniquely qualified in saying that the hummer was a very big advantage if you let it be. The two encounters I had with it as a foe I was able to take down the main gunner and it becomes a lot less intimidating at that point. That said, the ride on that thing to lunch was absolutely awesome. If there is any photographic evidence of all of us bunched up in there I would love to see it.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM

Fodder is a Private
First - want to thank Amped Airsoft for the humvee and OOTB Industries for putting this on, and Blade for the site. Without all of em - the game wouldn't have been nearly what it was.

Spent the am hiking from comm tower to air base, only to find we owned it. Then hiked to CP3, over to Gold, and the squad finally saw enemy units. We sat there for a good 4-5 minutes, hearing that base was send 14 people as well as the humvee. When finally the enemy got distracted, we hit em. I even saw where I THINK BigRed went, and watched the area for a minute or two and didn't see him there. Wandered on down the hill from CP3 and got tagged in the road. 30 seconds later a squad of MC came around the corner and saw me standing there, and went guns-up. Took all I had not to look at my killer They walked right into the same guy, and he got 3 MC before MC backed off. Then the humvee came over and some of em said to respawn in Gold Town. Once again I just told em we didn't own Gold and we'd better go to CP3. By the time the humvee got turned around, we did own Gold, so was a short trip. We hiked to Bravo, took it, then just wandered toward parking.

The afternoon was much different, courtesy of a torn rotator cuff in left shoulder (found out later). Ended up hitching a ride in the humvee and just staying behind the driver in medic mode. We used it pretty much all afternoon as a gunship, and I agree with all before this post. It absolutely was valuable, though the turret gunner was a bb magnet. Lost count of the times we'd pull behind a building, heal up (sometimes with defects), and head on back through. Constant gun runs through the airbase mostly blunted Green/non-MC's attacks, though once they got into buildings they were dug in like ticks.
My one foray onto the field was to take CP2, and I believe BigRed's tri-shot killed me as I not-so-stealthily came from CP2 in the opposite direction. I knew I passed one guy, but missed 2 others. Including Mr Shotty. Why he waited until I opened up and got a few, I don't know. Immediately after that, as I'm talking to one of them, we see all of Atlas walking in line from the other side and just unloading. A few guys just looking saying 'What is THAT?' then scrambling for cover. It was neat view to see literally hundreds of BB's in the air arcing toward us, and I just watched as they lit me up at range. Spent the rest of the day again doing gun runs, then hiked home. No sportsmanship issues, no butthurt I saw, and Green did great for being so horribly outnumbered AND with no vehicle goodness.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM

hollowsnake is a Private
First off I would like to thank OOBI for setting up this event and especially Jonah for asking me to help out by commanding for Terra Verde/Cartel. Overall this was a tough, hard fought day. Outnumbered about 3 to 1 makes things really interesting and I applaud the Terra Verde Players with their enthusiasm and never say die attitude.

The Humvee, oh wow was that a difference maker on top of numbers but man you can hear that thing from a distance. I also made my dumbest decision ever which was "let's charge a humvee." I managed to take the roof gun out but curse windows that roll up.

Also to the player that managed to hit me in the ear when I taking a break in the tower and got loud about, I have to say amazing shot cause you hit me three times in the same spot of the ear if i sounded agitated I meant nothing by my loudness. Sat down after that lol.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 PM

JMDECC is a Private
I'd like to thank OOBI for setting up a great event and Blade for hosting it. I love Springfield, its such an awesome field.

I had a great time at the event despite Terra Verde being so outnumbered. Something I learned from this event is always pack all sorts of different gear because you never know how things will end up changing on you.

I thought this would end up being a conventional force on force battle throughout the day, ya know, large squads being sent to capture and hold areas for prolonged periods of time/expecting heavy contact ... that sort of thing. I packed a heavy *** full loadout to prepare for this, only to discover that we were largely fighting a geurrilla war all day due to our numbers. Constantly going full speed and running up and down hills proved to be pretty taxing for me and I decided about 4:30 that I had reached my limit and decided to take off. Next time I will be sure to bring a lightweight chest rig just incase

The Humvee was definitely a surprise and I thought it was so cool to see out on the field, even if it was shooting at me. Surprisingly it wasn't all that hard to deal with though. The only time I can really remember a bad encounter was early in the day when Terra Verde and the Cartel all tried to engage it from the hospital in browntown. We all got lit up pretty quick.

Saw nothing but good sportsmanship all day really. No one complained about low numbers, no one complained about switching teams, no hit calling problems, etc. It was a great event, looking forward to the next.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 AM

Panda is a Private
I had a great time. Thanks Jonah and the OOBI crew for putting on a solid event, despite the less than expected turnout. It was a lot of fun an I'll definitely have to make it out to the next event in this line. Let's hope there's more people though.

My event story starts and ends with bigRed driving me everywhere. Thank you, I owe you a pee pee tap. Anyways, upon arrival I realized the event would not be as large as I had expected. I also realized that there were a lot of people in multicam, but hardly any Terra Verde forces. UCT definitely had the upper hand, however, i can confidently say that UCT never found the cartel's coke from all the CPs and I'm pretty sure t's still at Springfield where we hid it. As soon as we were permitted, a runner team consisting of BigRed, Warrior, and I began hitting he CPs for coke at a rapid pace. We manage to procure all the coke with ease, although this was mostly because tan went to take the airfield and Brown Town instead of our coke. Green was spread pretty thin, with runner team gettin coke, some people defending Brown Town, and others (Wubbahh) getting hopelessly lost for over an hour. Runner team regrouped with green command and proceeded to defend gold City against one attack, but were overcome in the second attack in which tan sent the humvee and more troops at us.. We then attempted many times to attack gold city, failing to get in as tan was dug in. Our best effort was the total black ops maneuver BigRed and I pulled high crawling through brush and such till we reached the hospital in Gold City, at which pont we were found and put down. After that, it was endex for lunch.

Primary objective of conquering the pulled pork was so successful I contemplated another one. I don't know why it's that good, but I'm so okay with it. After the glorious refueling with pulled pork, the great minds at OOBI showed mercy on he meager green/cartel forces by moving all non-multicam to us. While this did help, the Multicam leftovers still had a very sizable advantage with that damn humvee. It literally became the bane of my existence, seeing as how it could be on top of you in 30 seconds and without cover (I never had cover) you were a goner. Runner team reunited as a distraction while the rest of the Terra Verde/Cartel/UCT traitors attacked. Some got through, but those who didn't likely succumbed to the humvee as I did. I ran from the far left extreme of the airfield to the right side buildings. I think the rest of runner team was KIA on the way, but nonetheless I fought until the humvee trapped me in a building and forces flooded me. After that, we respawned and i attempted to take another building only to get trapped again. After this, we bravely defended CP2 and moved down for the final attack o. The airfield, which i do not believe was successful. After this, it was game over, and the raffle began. We started with tickets, butthen as Crucible passes ran out, they just tossed bbs at us. I manaed to snag a bag, albeit out of a guy's hand accidentally. Sorry about that, but I needed rounds.

As I said before, it was a great game. I wish that we got the humvee instead of a few more troops, but you gotta play with the cards you have been dealt. I will be making the best attempt I can to make this next event, so long as the Veluca cartel still runs strong.

VIVA EL CARTEL!!!
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job

Last edited by Panda; 07-15-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Jonah, good job last weekend. Yes, 12 versus 30 can suck but it gave us great ambush opportunities

The field is really looking like Vietnam right now. Widowmakers! where are you?

The Humvee was a major PITA. Sorry Lurch for telling you the Launcher would not be needed. It would have definitely helped us. I guess Blind Fury attendees better get ready for it already...

Sportsmanship was great. Pissed at myself for getting "bang bang" or shot because I was focusing on doubtful incidents but also glad that those who took shots did not try to blast me in such little protected position.

Comment for the Cartel; If you guys can handle such amount of drugs, I am pretty sure the money is good, which mean you can EASILY afford reliable radios!!!

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM

pounder is a Private
I was the driver of the HMMWV all day. It was a last minute switch as Angus had something come up at the last minute. It was a ton of fun driving around all day. This was my first experience running with a vehicle for an extended period of time. It made a huge difference with capturing objectives and taking the fight to the enemy. The one downfall of the vehicle is the woods. It is very slow, cumbersome and loud while navigating the tight trails. This is where Green had the advantage on the vehicle. Out in the open though we could cover a lot of ground very quickly.

I want to thank everyone involved in organizing and running this event. Airsoft would not happen if it was not for you.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM

Valkyri is a Private
Thank you again OOBI for introducing ATLAS to the Springfield field with a great game!

I know we were forever grateful for the humvee because well, we are fat and lazy and didn't want to walk everywhere XD. And also I think Forge had a mini orgasm every time he sat in the turret position with his M60.

Quote:
We snuck all the way through the brush and almost made it into firing positions when the Polarstar SAWs caught sight of us and put a quick end to our plans.
We get this quit a lot! No our SAWs are NOT Polarstared, they are just that scarey .

I didn't get to shoot much as I am our team's Medic, which I am always happy to play. The cards made things interesting for sure! I liked how they worked and was relieved that when I made a 'diagnostic' people did actually follow it. It was my initial fear that people would just brush off the diagnostic and/or get frustrated with me. But people had great sportsmanship about it, and some great role-playing definitely ensued :P The cards are definitely a fun addition but I can easily see the temptation of skipping certain cards or not role playing.. but with the type of people that play OOBI games, this wont be an issue!

I can also see the two man drag rule being a great thing.. however because of the general lack of players and the average group being 5, it never really worked for me to create a casualty point because there weren't enough players during a firefight to sacrifice getting the wounded. But I can't wait to see this rule in later games.

My favorite medic moment (which I think Jonah was laughing at me ) was when multi-cam was in the tower at the air base and we were under heavy fire. With cries of 'Medic!' I was literally crawling to each soldier as to not get hit and ended with an upside down heal in the upper tower. Ahh, good times.

Also, shout out to the other Lady on the field! Always great to see fellow women type play.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyri View Post
We get this quit a lot! No our SAWs are NOT Polarstared, they are just that scarey .
Yeh, lets talk about that shall we!!
When Lurch and I ambushed one group of Multicam just below checkpoint2, we were able to shoot the first 5-6 guys but lucky as we were, the damn gunner did not get hit and started shooting the hell out of his M60/SAW.....no need to say, you freaking lay as low as your finger nails will allow you to dig in within a second.

It would be interesting to know how many rounds you guys shot throughout the day

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 PM

MGD is a Private
OOBI you guys did a great job putting on the event, it was fun and you defiantly made the best of it with such low numbers. Amped Airsoft you guys are amazing for bringing the HMMWV it was a lot of fun running around in.

The first half of the day I ran around with MAELSTROM, who seemed to reach all of our objectives to late to do anything so it turned into a few hours of walking around the woods. We finally wound up "guarding" the airfield till lunch. Where we made have broken and played around with several of the cheap springers that OOBI was using as a weapons cache.

After lunch I think I started off running with ATLAS going to secure CP6. On our way back to the airfield, ridding in the HMMWV, we found out Cody was the only left at the airfield, fell asleep and was over run by Badger. So as we approached the airfield we saw Badger in the top of the tower and unloaded on him. There were several thousand round expended just for one man; I couldnt even see where my BBs where going due to the amount being fired.

After that I spent the rest of the game at the airfield hanging out talking to one of the OSU guys (who's name I can never remember) and Jonah till the game ended.

It was a fun game and I cant wait until the next one, when hopefully more people show up.

Ops: Intervention, Dark Horizon, Moonlight 1&2, Crucible, Tomahawk, BlackGate

Im the commander of the men in black pajamas! LONG LIVE IAC!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM

hollowsnake is a Private
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
OOBI you guys did a great job putting on the event, it was fun and you defiantly made the best of it with such low numbers. Amped Airsoft you guys are amazing for bringing the HMMWV it was a lot of fun running around in.

The first half of the day I ran around with MAELSTROM, who seemed to reach all of our objectives to late to do anything so it turned into a few hours of walking around the woods. We finally wound up "guarding" the airfield till lunch. Where we made have broken and played around with several of the cheap springers that OOBI was using as a weapons cache.

After lunch I think I started off running with ATLAS going to secure CP6. On our way back to the airfield, ridding in the HMMWV, we found out Cody was the only left at the airfield, fell asleep and was over run by Badger. So as we approached the airfield we saw Badger in the top of the tower and unloaded on him. There were several thousand round expended just for one man; I couldnt even see where my BBs where going due to the amount being fired.

After that I spent the rest of the game at the airfield hanging out talking to one of the OSU guys (who's name I can never remember) and Jonah till the game ended.

It was a fun game and I cant wait until the next one, when hopefully more people show up.
That would have been me
Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 PM

Wubbahh is a Private
First I want to thank Jonah and all of the OOBI members that were there, even with the low amounts of people, the event was great. Also I would like to say thanks to Amped Airsoft for driving 5hrs to get that Humvee to Springfield.

When we started the event the Terra Verde forces were hopelessly out numbered, but the cartel would never let their drugs be taken away from them without a fight. So when the first scenario started I was told to go to browntown and wait there with some cartel members until our red bag filled with drugs was dropped off. Right as Jonah got there with the bag, the UCT forces and their damn Humvee came in ready to kill us all. Since I had no cover, I was told by the other cartel members to run and get the hell out of dodge. Yeah, making me the person to book it with the bag of drugs was a very bad choice...... I got lost. My lack of springfield knowledge and the horrible radios the cartel members had, I was SOL. I guess the all knowing blade was able to unscramble my location from the distress calls I was giving, because BigRed, Panda, and the rest of the cartel had no idea what the building with the furnace was. (I was at the Hunting Shack) So after I was saved by the glorious almighty blade, I followed him and the strikers on a long journey that ended by getting mowed by multiple MGs in the airfield. After being harshly interrogated for my drugs, I was ruthlessly held captive for an entire 15 minutes by the UCTs. I still have flashbacks.....

So while at subway for lunch, a crazy thing happened. The cartel members and the UCT were evenly matched, but we kinda ganged up on that poor subway, eating everything and anything we saw.

After sacrificing poor little panda’s soul to the gods, Jonah decided to even out the game and make it everyone vs Multicam. The forces were now more evenly matched, but the UCT’s still had that humvee. After playing for a good 2hrs into this scenario, Breds gun decided to die and i couldn’t let him not have a pew, so I walked up with him and gave him the last resort gun. A UTG trishot, and it seems that he got a valiant kill with the beauty.When we got back to the field, our new objectives were to defend CP2 and it seemed like we held our ground because not a single UCT member got even close. So taking advantage of having a lot of UCT dead, the cartel decided to take back the airfield, and I just had to go into the tower, but right as I did this, the damn humvee came into the airfield. I wasn’t going to back down and I had a lot of unused mags. I claimed the top of the tower and I started to shoot at the humvee. Single handedly, I was able to kill most of the people in the humvee multiple times, but it seems like i never got the medic in there once. After holding it off for a good 15 minutes, they finally decided to jump out of the humvee and storm the tower, that didn’t end well.

TL;DR

I'm bad at life, got lost, Blade saved me, Held the tower, had fun

Thanks again Jonah, and I hope to play at some more OOBI events here soon.

(20:34:03) Rygar: I got a rape whistle once. I blew on it and blew on it, and never once did any women come to rape me. Dammit. I took it back as defective.

(17:53:50) Duo_Chan: Tactical M14's are an AMAZING idea

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: