Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Back from the End of the World. Daybreak AAR

Well I cannot say thank you enough to the crew of dedicated amazing players who made the second installment in the series even more epic than the first. Everyone was not only amazing in their characters but stayed in them for the whole time creating some of the most amazing moments I have ever witnessed and been a part of. I will post the full story post up later but I wanted to get this up for people to start posting their experiences while the memory is fresh!

Tell me what worked, what did not, and above all please pass on some of the great stories I heard all weekend long, I know I'll have several of mine later on!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Oh man!! You think my AAR's are long for open plays. OH BROTHER, you better clear your schedule to read this one when I get it typed up!!!
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM

Slash is a Private
I didn't go to this event, but I'm very curious what it was all about. What were the missions and story like?

-s
Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 PM

Assassin_Mouse_Girl is a Private
So once again I'm so sorry I could not make it to daybreak guys....I had to be a stripper vampire and dance in a cage all night >__> ANYWAY!!!!

I looked on the old Daybreak forum last night and saw how the Queen was able to disappear from the story, and Wrath I couldn't have written a better temporary disappearance for the Queen. I was so happy how you guys didn't forget about me that I let the woman out in me and literally cried a bit because I was so upset I didn't go. I really do hope that the Apocalypse Saga will continue and I can bring the Queen back next year. Like a phoenix she will rise from the ashes and return to the wastelands to reclaim her rightful place.

Last edited by Assassin_Mouse_Girl; 09-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM

Stingar is a Private
Daybreak was so amazingly awesome that there are only a few things it can be compared to, such as Chuck Norris and bacon. The Stover family kicked butt, and we kicked even more butt after we joined up with the slavers. That last battle when the Stovers and slavers captured the O'riley fort was pure epic. I only wish we had found all of those locks! ARG! We did, however, collect a wheelbarrow (literally) of food.

Excerpt from the journal of Stingar Stover, the people fixer-upper,

It's been a crazy past two days. The days have been windy, and the nights almost freezing. So much has happened, I don't have time to write about it all. The one memory that keeps coming to mind is when the Slavers and us were taking the O'riley's fort. I was at the back of it, moving along the wall looking for people who were hurt. Suddenly, Rygar turned around the corner in front of me, his coat flowing behind him. He had a big grin on his face as he raised his shotgun towards me. I hit the deck just as he fired and luckily, he missed me. I pulled out my pistol and fired three shots. The first two went wide, but I think I hit his leg with the third one. Just then, I heard the call for a doctor, and I remembered my duty. I don't fully know what happened to Rygar after that, but I hear he was executed by a slaver. Oh well. The fire is dying down and it's my turn to get more wood.

Last edited by Stingar; 09-24-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM

Papa G. is a Private
There and back again.

We have returned from the end of the world.

While at Daybreak, we saw everything. Every player left every ounce of their energy on the field. We left mentally and physically exhausted. The immersion experience was awesome. Acts of kindness were viewed with skepticism. Vows of allegiance were accepted cautiously -- friendship had to be earned. Once earned by a valued few, you knew your back was safe and you were free to advance together on the enemy.

What did I personally see? There was a ravine battle of stealth, surprise, blood, and retreat. There was a Merchant who wanted to own the valley, but was double-crossed in his own double-cross. There were Mercenaries who made the late Slaver Queen look like Mother Theresa. There were snipers who helped clean the O'Riley hornets nest. But, others are better able to tell about the battles, I want to share some from my journal about the Stover camp and one special evening around the Stover campfire.

We were led by Killjoy, who lived up to his name for his enemies, but to his cousins he was a source of strength and wisdom. He asked for input from the clan, and then made the tough decisions. One of which was the decision to do the unthinkable -- to band with the Slavers. This partnership proved to be the end of the trouble in the Valley, but once again, I will let others speak to that world-changing event.

I want to write of Christmas Eve. Having been at the end of the world for some time, makes one thirst for the simple joys of yesteryear. We celebrated our new-found ability to generate electricity through the windmill, by stringing Christmas lights above the homestead. We made some simple home-made candies to "stuff the stockings", and invited our neighbors to join the celebration. Under the protection of a temporary Christmas Eve truce, we gathered at the fire and celebrated. We laughed, and told stories, and sang Christmas carols, and listened to Bing Crosby crone the same on an electronic victrola. We broke bread together, in the form of Christmas candy, and enjoyed tales of the good 'ole days, before the fall of all we held dear.

It was with heavy hearts that this magical evening had to end, for we knew that a sentimental tear shed together was not binding enough to end the turmoil. At dawn's first light, we would have to return to the use of steel against steel to set right the current events. While it indeed made the necessary deeds of the following day bittersweet -- flowing tears for the loss of another's blood at my own hand -- it will long be remembered as a beautiful tribute to the society we have lost, and hope someday to regain.

May Charity and Goodwill soon return to men, and in the meantime, we rejoice that STOVERS RULE!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM

RoJo is a Private
Gentlemen (and ladies),
I can't begin to describe how much fun the Cleveland Crew had participating in this event. Both our newbies and Nightfall veterans had story after story to share after the event.

I continue to be impressed with the story-line and the in-play objectives, that make this event so much better than your typical shoot-um-up event. The calibre of people attending was also quite noteworthy. Again, I'm impressed with the dedication, attention to detail, and depth of emersion into their characters. Not only that, but everyone's friendliness and welcoming attitude to "us new guys" was very much appreciated.

Finally, I was impressed with (most) everyones professionalism, abiding by the rules and safety first attitude. Truly, we had the right mix of people participating in this most epic adventure.

Can't wait for the next one... RoJo

Howdy,
As we've been unpacking our Daybreak gear, we seem to have in our posession a black waist lengh men's leather jacket. The label inside is "Marc New York" and I'd guess it's a size 50+ (It's big on me and I'm 6 foot... 225 lbs).

Obviously the coat has been roughed up (for that post-apocolyptic look that's so in vogue right now), but it still seems to be in very good shape and should have many an epic battle left in it.

I'm guessing this would be someone from the NAC, as that was our faction and we were all mingling our posessions in Cooter's pick-up when we broke camp and moved back to the parking area.

If you're missing a coat, just give a shout and I'll be more than happy to get it back to you. You can contact me on this forum, but a better bet might be to email me at robert.kreigh@gmail.com.

Thanks again for an AWESOME weekend event.

RoJo...

Last edited by Agent Spencer; 09-24-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Double Tap
Old 09-24-2012, 12:12 PM

-Jackal- is a Private
Daybreak, as written by Sir Stanley Livingston Mungingsworth, Slaver.

After having lost my fortune in the fall of the world, I would see no greater goal than regaining what I once had though, other factions that rose from the ashes of the old world did not suit me. If one is not willing to work and elevate him/herself, then I would make use of them by force. Many factions, save for one, saw putting another into forced labor as wrong or immoral; not that I expected such low class creatures to understand such things. What is right, is what I right for me. The slavers, while unrefined animals themselves, shared my sentiments, so to their faction I was drawn.

During the day, we traveled swiftly along the bottom of a gulch, only to be fired upon by the NAC. An Irishman who's name is not important to me, and myself found ourselves captured by these animals. Though they seemed diplomatic, save for the shooting us part, I found their hospitality with a distinct lack of tea and therefor lacking. My only thought was: how dare these low creatures get one over on me. I dare say, I would have my revenge.

The slaver faction has proven themselves cunning, diplomatic when need be, but overall ruthless. Mr. Wrath led our group with bombastic enthusiasm with the aid of the sadistic Mr. Shen, a man obsessed with control and his cape.

It was during the night that the slavers truly proved their metal by moving not by the trails, but amongst the thorns, trees and undergrowth of the woods, braving the open fields, bathed in the silver light of the moon as we moved swiftly and silently to the NAC encampment wherein we took their guard as our slaves and took their food and supplies which were rightfully ours. After all, if an animal cannot guard his own, he deserves not to have it.

Though the night was cold and dreadful, I found myself braving the hard ground with a dreadful root down my back, with only a fire and what clothing I had for warmth.

The next day, we joined with our mutual allies, the Stovers. I hope I spelled that right, not that it matters as I am sure most of you low class things cannot read anyway. Now getting back to things, we attacked in the morning along another dry creek bed, only to be thwarted and pushed back. Myself and Mr. Shen retreated up the sides of the river and hid atop the ridge behind a tree. When the enemy was up far enough, we opened fire, taking many of them out so our mates could escape and continue with the attack. It was with great regret that Mr. Shen was taken captive. As I walked away, I could hear his high pitched screams of terror (though I did sense a hint of pleasure in his voice as it sounded through the forest).

In the end and with the help of our allies, we were able to take the Lower Village and raise the black flag high. The coup de gras for me was my opportunity to execute an animal by the name of Rygar (with his own gun no less), who on several occasions, managed to make fools of us on several occasions. Though I respect and admire his tenacity, ruthlessness and above all else his ambition, I could not however, abide having such competition. It is a pity really. A man like that would make a good slaver. That is of course to say when and if he understands how a safety works on a gun. Stupid silly animal that he is.

Until next, yours truly, Sir Stanly Livingston Mungingsworth.

Last edited by -Jackal-; 09-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Assassin_Mouse_Girl is a Private
The run down structure was deserted, but only recently as a littering of food and other various items scattered about the floor proved life was in this building. What stood out were the various scraps of black cloth that lay in random piles, along with surgical tools and odd bindings that appeared to be for restraint. Upon the one of the walls, layered among the crusting paint, a mass of words formed, their medium comprised of crimson blood…

If one should find this message, may the world know I am currently alive… My location is unknown as these damn dogs have kept me blindfolded and restrained during travel so where I will be heading to next is a mystery…I have come to realize why these government fools have kept me alive this long, and the thought is sobering…I am only alive because I am a woman…It seems that this theme has been haunting me, even among my men I felt their eyes watching my every move, but I hope that their loyalty, and the fact that I have brought them from the ****hole they resided in, will keep their respect for me intact. I am still a goddess of these wastelands and these idiots have made the mistake of taking me as their captive and I will find an escape no matter how long it takes… or even if it kills me.

Sahkmet the Queen
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Jewbacca is a Private
I'd like to make it clear, this entire post, other than this part and anything in parenthesis, is written in character. Please do not take offense, as I have no problems, or at least no major problems, with the behavior of anyone at this event. In particular, the slaver I refer to as "Fancy Boy," while despised in character, acted the utmost gentleman throughout the event, and I have nothing but respect for the player, even if my character despises his. Also, I have tried to only refer by name to those people who's names I was given, and remember, in character. My apologies to the Ninja Squad, as I failed to memorize all your names, so chose not to use any of them. So, without further ado (whatever ado is):

Daybreak, as witnessed by a fresh recruit to the NAC

The way I see it, there's two kinds of people in this world. Those as needs killin', and those as don't. Now, I don't claim to be the one to decide which is which, but what I do know is that when someone treats people like cattle, forcing them to do work then slaughtering them when they is no more use, those doin' that are the first kind. So, when Prophet told us Atlas was gonna be hitchin' our wagon to the New American Combine, I was right happy to do so.

We was put under the command of Captain Coby (or was it Admiral? I never rightly learned his title), and his XO Ruffie (never found out what XO stood for. I reckon O is for officer, but don't know me many words as start with X). There were 16 of us all told: Our two officers, the six of us from Atlas, and a family of 8. Those guys were crazy skilled with kung-fu or karate or somesuch, and they moved so quietly you'd never believe it, so we took to callin' them the ninja squad, like those japanese guys with the black pajamas.

We set up camp at a place called the ammo dump. Rather stupid name for it, if you asks me (which, of course, nobody does), as ammo was the thing we had least of. No sooner did we get our camp sorted, than one of the ninja squad spotted a slaver at the bottom of the ravine near our camp. The ninja squad had skills, but they lacked a bit in weaponry compared to Atlas... and their guns just couldn't hit someone that far away, so I ran over to take him out.

He was a right fancy boy, wearing that top hat and fancy suit like he was going to some high falutin' ball. I took aim, but he spotted me. I never seen a man climb a hill so fast, but he got out of sight before I could get a clear shot. I'd be seeing Fancy Boy quite more than I'd like over the next day, though I didn't know it then.

There was two families in the valley of light, so Cody, or was it Ruffie, my mind's a bit fuzzy on that, sent the ninja squad to make nice with the Stovers, while he joined Atlas to do the same with the O'Riley's. We met a merchant in camp right at the bottom of the hill, and Cooter (another of the men in Atlas) found a hidden cache of food. We traded some of that food, and a can of Pork and Beans I had on me, for some more ammo. Glad I picked up those Pork and Beans - not really to my taste, but the merchant was right happy to see them. Got 'em when I was travelling through the land called R Kansas before the fall, don't rightly know what the R stood for, in a town named Ben 10 Ville, apparently named for some picture book character... crazy what they'd name things pre fall.

So we met the O'Rileys, and they seemed a nice bunch. And they was already huntin' slavers, so I liked 'em right off. We ran into the Ninja Squad, and they told us they made friendly with the Stovers too. The Stovers claimed no love for the slavers either. While we were at the O'Riley's home - meeting with a nearby merchant and generally bein' social like, both the O'Riley leader and the Stover leader showed up and asked for our help attackin' the slaver's camp. Seemed they set up camp nearly on the Stover's back porch, and none of us liked 'em so close. We got most our people together, along with the Stovers and O'Rileys, and found the slaver camp empty. In fact, I didn't even see the camp, before word came back that they wasn't there.

We got orders to rush back and check out the O'Riley base, fearin' some trick. Once that town was checked and clear, Atlas was sent down into the creek behind it. The six of us found 3 slavers, waitin' in ambush. 2 of them holdin' guns to me and a few others on my team, the slaver told us to move back, across a little wooden bridge. I dropped into the creek, turned, and put a bead on his no good face. Had ourselves what they call a Mexican stand off... but as we had 4 guns on them, and they only 2 on us, as Forge had already taken care of one of the scum, they accepted my offer of their surrender. We took 'em captive and interrogated them a bit, but they claimed no knowledge of where their leader was. He was the one we really wanted. Then for reasons I wasn't told, we were ordered to disarm them and let them go.

When we got back to our camp, Cody told Prophet to take Atlas out, and not return until we had the slave leader captive. We didn't have to go far. After a bit of searchin', we found him in the merchant's camp at the bottom of the hill. Now, we don't want to cause trouble in any friends' camp, and we called that merchant friend right enough, so Buckle and Valkyrie went in to trade with the merchant - really to make sure who was in there. Buckle slipped out unseen long enough to report back to Prophet, then they kindly waited their turn to trade. Prophet hid in the woods outside the camp, and had the other three of us hide in different positions, covering all exits.

When that slaver scum and two of his lackies walked out of camp, Prophet and I lit them up like the Stover's camp with their fancy power lights. (Jonas then told us they were officially out of play at that time, so we weren't actually able to take them captive. I'm told something similar happened again later, although I wasn't there for that.)

Meanwhile, the ninja squad had been sent to the O'Riley camp, as a sort of garrison, in case those slavers, or anyone else, caused trouble. A couple of those Power priests came by our camp, askin' if any of us would join them on what they called the walk of light. I was curious - though they seemed a strange lot, they were said to be skilled medics and it's always good to be friends with someone who can patch you up in a tight spot. So me and Buckle went with 'em on the walk. They started readin' about some strange prophet, and a guy who was only a half man. Apparently the prophet burnt his hand or somesuch. Whole story seemed a bit unbelievable to me.

But, I had heard from people I trust that one of them Power priests could walk through active firefights and not get so much as a scratch, so maybe there were more to it than I thought. Anyways, it seemed one of them people had lost a bit of old-tech. A hand held power light. As we was doing the walk, and they was talking about how the power provides stuff, or somesuch, there lyin on the ground right in front of our feet was the power light. I don't rightly know if it was the power or just dumb luck, but it did get me thinking.

Just after we got back from the walk, some mercenary came into camp with a warning. Seems the Stovers were planning an attack on the O'Rileys. He said we should get our people outta there, as it weren't none of our concern, but Cody felt different. He thought this was our chance to prove to the O'Rileys that the NAC was on their side. He sent all but 2 of us down to help in that fight.

A right terrible ambush it was too. The moonlight was up above the hill that the Stover stormed down. And they had people already in the trees. That moon made us easy targets, but we couldn't see a thing with all the glare from it, or the trees hidin' em. Me and Forge got hit right off, standin' outside a buildin' at the front line of the fight. But our medic, Valkyrie, got us inside and healed us both up right. The three of us held that buildin' while the whole of the Stover family seemed hell bent on takin' it. Guess they were plannin' to start their invasion there. Turns out one of the O'Riley's - I think it might of been their papa, was layin' flat outside, helpin kill those Stovers invadin' his land. I think, without him, we would've been rushed off even sooner. I got hit again, and Valkyrie got forced out of the buildin' in some kinda parley. It was just Forge holdin' it and the Stover was about to rush in from both sides when they were all called off on account of it bein' too dark to see and shoot. I guess maybe some cloud was blockin' the moonlight (11:00 hit, and live fire ended for the night).

So, we made sure my hit wasn't deadly, and headed back toward base, leavin' Valkyrie and Forge behind as garrison with the O'Rileys. We was stoppin' by the merchant camp at the bottom of our hill when Prophet got word on the radio of trouble at the ammoless dump. We ran up that hill - not a fun prospect, running up that hill - and found both our camp's defenders bleedin' on the ground. They survived, but the slavers had come durin' the Stover attack, and nearly cleaned out our water and food supplies. Just glad they didn't find the little bit of ammo we still had.

It got me wonderin... seemed awfully odd that the Stovers and Slavers attacked at the same time. Almost like they was workin' together. But that was just a guess, of course. Stovers, they told us they hated the slavers, and as far as they was concerned, we weren't no target. They just wanted somethin' they though the O'Riley's had.

So Cooter and Cody went off to harass the Slavers a bit. I heard some stories about that, right funny ones, but don't reckon I recall 'em well enough to do 'em justice. I suggest you ask Cooter about those. We got some vittles in us, and settled down for the night. I got a couple hours sleep, but not much more with the cold and constant danger of slaver attacks. So I got up and watched the fire. By then only Cody and Ruffie were up, and they both went to get some shut eye, leavin' me alone to watch the camp for the next few hours.

I was gatherin' firewood to keep us all warm, usin' a power light I borrowed from Prophet, when I heard a twig snap. I went lookin', shinin' that light around every which way, and saw an arm and sleeve stickin' out from behind a tree. I called out to the guy who owned it - a slaver if I ever saw one. Turned out there was three of 'em, includin' their leader, trying to cause trouble. As they wasn't armed, I did the hospitable thing and invited them into camp. Just cause they be the kind that needs killin', don't mean I'd shoot an unarmed man (also, no live fire until morning - they were trying to sneak up and tag me, then rob the base again). So, we talked a bit... they was sure to be a bit loud and woke up half the camp. The ninja squad, sleepin' in tents on the other side of camp, didn't seem disturbed. Eventually, after tradin' a few barbs - includin' Cooter yellin' out "Marco" - apparently an inside joke havin' to do with the trouble he caused 'em earlier - the slavers headed out to cause trouble elsewhere.

Once they was gone for a bit, it was decided to return the favor. I woke the Ninja Squad, and they went after the slaver base. While they was gone, one of the O'Riley's came by. Seemed he was cold, and their fire had been put out. They was trustin' to their skills at hidin' their belongins to keep them save from the slavers, rather than keeping someone up all night watchin'. Not a risk I'd take, but it worked out as I heard it - nothin' went missin'. So anyway, this O'Riley chap shared the fire and some conversation with me, even helped me gather a bit more wood. When the ninja squad came back, they told me they couldn't find no slavers. They put out their fire, and in the dark the base was just too hard to find.

So I left them to watch over camp, and the O'Riley and I went on a bit of a walkaround. We checked to make sure everything was safe at the O'Riley place, then stopped in and chatted a bit with the Stovers at their fire. Wasn't what I'd call the most comfortable conversation, but everyone put on a friendly face on both sides. Much nicer than talkin' to the slavers at our camp. Then we went to find the slavers.

Guess we got turned around a bit, as we found the place we thought their camp was, and it wasn't there. But there was a lot of activity in the woods. We decided it weren't too wise to try to sneak up on so many active slavers, so we headed back to the ammoless dump to report our belief that the slavers had moved their base. Turned out we was wrong about that - I reckon they just put out their fire, and my trackin' skills at night failed me.

So we got back to base, and passed what remained of the night uneventfully. Next mornin', I woke up the camp (the Ninja Squad had gone back to sleep) and we packed up and moved onto O'Riley's land. Seems they had invited us, for mutual protection, to fly our flag with theirs. We was expectin' more trouble from the Stovers and the Slavers, although we didn't know if they was together or not.

Valkyrie and Forge was laggin' behind, bein' that they had to be relieved from their duty at the garrison before theys could go back and pack up at the ammoless dump. And the CO and XO were behind havin' a meeting, which I understand to mean enjoyin' their mornin' coffee and leaving us to do the real work, as officers are known to do. Once the XO arrived, he sent the four members of Atlas who was there, Prophet, Buckle, Cooter and meself, to scout that creek where we caught those slavers yesterday. It was a good idea, as we found at least half the slaver forces sneaking up that creek.

Got into a right serious gunfight, and Prophet called for help. By now, Valkyrie and Buckle were back, so they ran down, along with most, maybe all of the Ninja Squad. Buckle and me got hit before they all got there, and had to retreat back to our new base on O'Riley land. 'bout as soon as we got back, the Stovers attacked in force. There was no longer any question in my mind, the Stovers and slavers was working together. Those as work with slavers is nearly as bad as slavers. What's more, they only yesterday said they hated those slaver scum, so they wasn't exactly honest neither.Well, it was a close thing, but we managed to push them back. I'm not sure exactly how things went with the rest of the NAC fightin' those slavers in the creek, but I found myself fightin' alongside Buckle and a bunch of O'Rileys for most of that battle. Those O'Riley boys really know how to use their guns, and I was glad to have 'em on our side.

Once things settled down a bit, and the rest of the NAC troops returned to the O'Riley home, Buckle, Cooter and I were sent up the hill to hide and ambush any enemies who came our way. We saw a couple men come down with a flag of truce at one point, then return later. But of course, we let them pass - I don't think they ever knew we was there. A bit after that, a couple of them power priests went by. But no enemies. After a while, what seemed like the whole of the O'Riley family, followed by the rest of the NAC, came up the hill. Prophet waived for us to join them, to assault the Stovers. I wasn't so sure that made too much sense... they seemed to have all the ammunition they needed, but I knowed we was runnin' low, and the O'Riley's didn't have all that much neither. Still, orders is orders.

Me and one of the Ninja Squad tried to cut through some brush on the left of hand side, thinkin' to flank the Stovers and put them in a real pickle the way they had to us last night. But, those stinkin' slavers had the same idea before we ever got there... I got shot by a good half dozen of them, and they just left me to die. The Ninja Squad boy, he pulled out, which was a mighty wise thing to do, with those odds. I managed to hobble back to base and get fixed right up, after a bit.

I don't know how the rest of the attack went, but I do know it didn't last long. We was routed right quick, and found ourselves returning to the O'Riley home, to await their final assault. Some of them slavers and Stovers were up the hill, out of gunshot range, so I snuck up in some brush along the first hill, thinkin' to spy on 'em a bit as they planned their assault. I took a few shots as situations presented themselves, at some Stovers... one or two I could have sworn were dead on, but some kind of providence must've been protectin' them, cause they neither reacted, nor even tried to fire back. I don't think they could see me.

Then I saw that guild merchant, I think his name was Rygar, facin' off with the leader of the slavers. They both agreed, gentleman like, to step back and allow for a fair fight. But when Rygar turned around, it wasn't the slaver leader he had to face, but Fancy Boy. They fired on each other - I heard later that Rygar's gun misfired, or maybe he left the safety on - and Rygar went down. I knows what slavers do to those I capture, and I didn't wish that on anyone, let alone someone as powerful as a guild merchant, so I opened fire on Fancy Boy. Seems I missed again. Had no problem shootin' quite a few people that day, but Fancy Boy - he was slippery as a snake and my shots just couldn't hit him. His shots, however, were true. He had a right good eye to, spotting me right quick, where the Stovers never spotted me at all. His first shot hit me dead to rights, and then he come down and took both me and Rygar as slaves. Turned out they had a man called Jonah captured too.

Now I heard stories about how they treat their slaves. I made it quite clear, the moment I got my hands on a weapon, they was as good as dead. They didn't like that none, and their leader remembered the ambush me and Prophet caught him in the night before. Seems they had an even bigger bone to pick with Jonah and Rygar, so the Slaver's leader decided to do away with us, and make a show of it. They planned to take the O'Riley home, then execute all three of us, publically, right outside. Just then, a call for help came in from the Stovers - I guess my friends and fellow soldiers were holdin' up better than I was - and they left one slaver in charge of the prisoners while the rest ran off to help.

About then, two of those Power priests came along. They wanted to give us what theys call last rights, or was it last lefts? Not sure what those be, but I was more worried about my body than my soul at that point. Anything better than letting those slavers make my death into some kind of sick show. So I's told the Power priest I'd join his religion, sign his little book, if he'd kill me. A mercy killin'. Well, that slaver didn't take kindly to havin' his prisoners killed, no sir. It seemed he had signed that book as well, so the Power Priest was in an interestin' situation. Luckily, the slavers hadn't thought to search us for valuables, and Jonah, he pulled out a handful of coins from a pouch, and gave 'em to the priest, to buy us. The slaver, greedy as they all are, took the money and let the priest kill us - he wouldn't let us go free, just be killed for that money.

So I signed their little book, as did a couple of the ninja squad who were captured while this was all happenin'. And, takin' the merchant's gun, the Priest shot me, Jonah and Rygar. After that, the slaver left us for dead and, I suppose, joined the assault.

But weren't quite dead, and we crawled back to camp to get healed right proper. (I have to explain respawn somehow, right?)

By this time, our base was nearly overrun. It didn't take long until we were all flushed out of it, and had to set up a temporary camp inside the merchant's camp at the bottom of that hill. At least five of our men had guns that no longer worked, for one reason or another. Quite a few of the rest were completely out of rounds. We just didn't have the supplies to hold the O'Riley home, let alone take it back.

The slavers caught Rygar again. And Fancy Boy took him outside the O'Riley House to make the same show they planned before - minus me and Jonah of course. I couldn't let that happen, so I ran, full tilt at Fancy Boy. My first few shots were shot too soon, 'afore my gun was in range... and sadly, they was my last, as I too ran out of ammunition. It was a crazy thing, how long it took for one of them slavers to fire back at me. It's like everyone, on both sides, had stopped to watch the show - except me of course. I suppose that only lasted a few seconds. Fancy Boy killed Rygar, and one of the slavers hit me.

Luckily, Valkyrie was around. She fixed me up, and one of the O'Riley's handed me some ammunition (I actually bled out here, but I'm sick of explaining why I came back from death, and Valkyrie was nearby - it just wasn't safe to get to me). I ran into Prophet - usin' his sidearm as his rifle was out of ammunition, and we made one final charge on the house. I ran at them, screamin' like a madman, firin' wildly. Nearly got to the house before they reacted too, and gave Prophet time to take up a great spot. Then I got hit by quite a few shots, and was down for quite a bit this time. I'll recover, but not in time to join that fight.

We never did retake the O'Riley home, at least not yet. But the O'Riley's have joined us, and we know who our enemies are. Who knows, maybe we can even get some help from the Guild, as they don't take kindly to the killin' of their members. Once I'm back on my feet, I've got score to settle with Fancy Boy.

Jewbacca, Jewy to my friends.
Wookie to the Ninja Squad mama, whatever Wookie means.
Newest Member of Atlas

Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Coderrob is a Private
to the slavers:

....marco!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:41 PM

Wrath the Furious is a Private
This has to be a very long post to cover all the things I need to, so I apologize in advance. If you just want to see what I said toward your faction, scroll down and look for the bold names. First off, thank you to the game and field hosts who made this sequel a possibility and thank you to all the players who came out for this event. This type of event requires a lot of preparation and needs a large number of players in order to function well. I would definitely say I got my $65 worth out of it, but there were a lot of difficulties with this game as well.

This game really started here on the forums long before we entered the field and so did many of our problems. At Nightfall, the Slavers were a large and powerful force who made friends with cannibals equally content to watch the world burn. The N.A.C. was and will always be our enemy, but the three other factions were willing to talk with us. Some wanted us to help them raid other factions' locations. Others offered to join up temporarily to help them achieve an objective in return for the ability to keep all the slaves we took and guaranteed free passage with them back to our HQ. Being a slaver is a business as well as a way of life, and mutually beneficial agreements like this helped move the game along. It also allowed for a lot of deception and double-crossing. This wasn't just from us, but basically everyone did it throughout the game. I found that there was plenty of options in interacting with others that made the game so great. I never imagined how different Daybreak would turn out.

After Nightfall, everyone who went, and plenty of people who missed it were demanding a sequel. The slavers were raving about their dominance and hailing our delightful little Queen. The stage was set for us to return to claim all that we wanted, and many people thought the slavers would turn out to be the largest faction in Daybreak. In reality, we were the smallest. Out of a total allotted 60 positions for slavers, our band had 9 members. This significant problem changed the game from the moment it began. Some people complained about the price, but these were usually newer players who don't understand the cost of putting this on. With all the veteran players expected to return, we should have been fine, except many people said Irene is next weekend, I'm in school and don't have time/money/ride, or I have football/ a track event that weekend. Nightfall was done during the summer, when people didn't have classes or team obligations. Working summer jobs with plenty of notice to request of, people had money to pay for the game and the ability to make it there. I honestly believe the time of year screwed us over, because I was turned down by the vast majority of people I contacted to join us for something related to college/high school issues. A far more minor annoyance, but something to be considered was the attire during this game. At Nightfall, the slavers and only the slavers were allowed to dress in full black. It was meant to indicate who we were and anyone dressed like this was to be associated. This time, the other teams all had players dressed in full black, which was confusing to us and others. I was really surprised how many people had to ask what faction I belonged to. My entire outfit was designed to make it very clear, and while we also took advantage of players who looked like they belonged to other teams this time, I much preferred the way it was at Nightfall. We were in black and that was that.

In addition to our numbers problem, our fame and dominance from Nightfall had encouraged players to go anti-slaver this time around. People who hadn't even attended the first game seemed thrilled to face of with the previous victors. Once again, this would have been fine if we had 60 players. We got absolutely nowhere in the first day with 9. Although everyone being anti-slaver doesn't allow the story to progress much, as a faction with large numbers we could have taken many slaves and used a position of strength to strong arm a treaty with someone if we wanted. With nine of us, who were split into two groups at the start of the game, we couldn't even capture slaves. To take a slave, you had to have complete control of the situation, so we would have to kill everyone we encountered to capture the slaves, because as long as we were actively engaged in close proximity combat, people could not be taken. In the few occasions where we did encounter small groups which made it possible for us to take slaves, when we were later spotted by literally anyone regardless of faction, we were killed and taken prisoner, and our slaves were set free to respawn at their bases. We couldn't hold people long enough to do the simplest thing we are supposed to, so for the purpose of the game our existence was practically useless.

Unlike Nightfall, at Daybreak no one even considered talking to us. The N.A.C. was of course our clear enemy, and we wanted to face off with them as much as they wanted to come after us. We couldn't even get to them, because the Stovers would simply shoot us on sight, not once giving us a chance to negotiate or asking us to work with them to harass the O'rileys like factions from Nightfall would have. Using the ravine to bypass the Stovers only led us to the O'riley, who also opened fire first, and asked no questions at all.

This brings me to the next problem, one that I have seen twice now as I faced a similar issue at Crucible. Our camp was too close to people that were hostiles. Any and every time we tried to use the path to travel places, the stovers could see us, and to get to the entire rest of the towns, we had to pass them, which they never once let us do. We often resorted to traveling off paths, but getting anywhere takes far too long and you can only get entangled in so many thorn bushes before you have to find another route to pass through. Later, when we would become allies because of Jonah's influence, several Stovers also told me they were glad we were allies, since they were constantly preoccupied with us as our camp was too close.

I don't know how the objectives worked for other factions, but all I know is that they simply didn't work for us. For the entire event, I was given three objectives to start and was supposed to receive the rest through a somewhat scripted exchange with a roleplayer. During the first day, meet with a roleplayer named "the Crow" to receive all of our game objectives aside from the starting three. During the night, take slaves. For the final day, decide who we wanted to team up with. Everything involving our story of rebuilding and gaining influence here relied on our meeting with this contact. Well, the meeting never happened.

We were supposed to meet the Crow at the top of the ravine between the villages. Since traveling on the road was impossible, we had to use the ravine to move to the location, with one person on the high ground of either side to watch for enemies and help find the Crow. We split into two groups to find him with Sky leading OSU a long route around the enemy to come up from the bottom of the ravine while TOAST moved from the top down. The idea is we would meet in the middle of the area the Crow should have been, and we would be sure to find him in that way. However, we never found him. On top of this, it appeared all three factions were roaming around trying to find us, which the NAC, then the Stovers eventually did, and I believe I parlayed with an O'riley too, so there is no way we could have privately met with a contact and obtained our objectives even if we had found him. Three of us got captured by NAC, and two of us by Stovers, one member not dressed in black was pretending to be an independent merchant and traversing the ravine bringing us supplies and also looking for the Crow on his own since others wouldn't shoot him. The other three were MIA. Our team was completely split up, with no objectives, no opportunities, and no idea what we were supposed to do, with the exception of taking slaves. I already covered how well that worked out. From Potato, our "merchant", we had obtained a side mission from a real merchant to bolster his influence by helping the O'rileys, who were still shooting us on sight, so that was also not even possible.

After all of this Sky and I met Jonah while we were prisoners of the Stovers, and told him that we had no objectives. He admitted he hadn't expected everyone to go "Get 'em slavers" and realized there wasn't much we could do. So, he had Sky and I get in his jeep and drove us to his roleplayer camp to get objectives and items of value to the family faction so they might actually have a reason to interact with us. The O'rileys needed a silver hose and were already informed we would be bringing it directly to them to negotiate some sort of truce. We were also given a large battery for the Stovers. I told Jonah about our situation, the fact that I had no idea of the whereabouts of my men, and that along with missing leadership they had no objectives to go after anyway, so he told us to just go meet the O'rileys up the road, and go back to camp to see if we find our slavers. Our understanding was since the O'rileys knew we were coming and were directed to give them something they needed, they weren't going to shoot us so we could just walk over, except the moment Sky and I left the compound following Jonah's wishes we were shot and captured. I had probably only taken 5-8 steps outside the gate, when a couple members of the N.A.C. declared we were prisoners. The attack was really well executed, so kudos to them, but the only reason we were even there is we had been taken there by vehicle, and we were told to go directly to the O'rileys, then find our guys. We weren't even supposed to be in combat, so Jonah had them let us go. I feel bad for the N.A.C. who put great effort into a clever plan, but game play mechanics outweighed roleplay needs at the moment and our faction desperately needed to be reorganized and informed. At the time we were frustrated with the entire situation I have just described, but we were in no way upset with the N.A.C. for doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

To the Serpents of Sadism,

There is nothing to be said that you don't already know. You guys fought well and I know we all had fun. Thanks to all of you for coming, and thanks to Russian and Potato for cleverly using your outfits to get invaluable resources and info for us. OSU and TOAST were great as always.

To the N.A.C.,

I think like us you found this game came out very different from expectations. We will always be enemies and it was always my desire to find and kill you guys. Our location on the field coupled with the "undecided" groups that had already decided against us kept getting in the way of that. I had conversations with Ruffy and Deuce later in the night, and found out you guys were basically getting punished for our problems. I had no idea you were told not to attack us, and with the exception of the city of lights incident was completely unaware there was anything stopping you. That was never my intention and if I had known that was the case, I would have told Jonah to let you keep doing what you were doing. The city of lights incident was just problematic because of our faction's situation, and I really did want to go toe to toe with you in this game. Before the goggles off, people were apparently concerned because no one could find us for over two hours. There was speculation that maybe we quit or got hurt somewhere, but the reason we were gone was to take the long route through the back edges of the field to assault your base from behind. We made the long trip through the brush, moving slowly and quietly as possible, with as little flashlight use as possible in the dark woods, so naturally it was very time consuming. We were hoping for an all out firefight at your base and I was very disappointed when you weren't there. Since there wasn't much else to do, we stole all your supplies and had a bit of fun with it, but my target was you. When you came to our base at night with Billy and Cletus, I thought you guys were funny. I was "yelling" and taunting you angrily because as Wrath blames you for the loss of his large faction and his most desired prize, Slave Shakmet, of course he would be aggravated with you. It is entirely a part of the character and I was not mad about anything you had done. I think there was somehow a misunderstanding there. I was expecting you to come for us in the night, and again in the early morning. I was honestly surprised when you didn't, although you and some other faction did get some supplies back. I honestly think we lost some because we hid and camouflaged them in the dark, and we don't remember how far away from camp they were. You guys were great roleplayers and very fun to fight with. To Ruffy and Deuce, its always great to see you guys, even if you are fighting for the wrong side.

To the O'rileys,

aside from shooting the crap out of eachother, we had very little roleplay interaction between us. When I brought you the hose my plan was honestly for us to team up and assault the Stovers from both sides. After they were beaten down, we could take out the N.A.C. with ease. I kept hearing rumors from travelers that you were getting close to the N.A.C. and by night wanted to confirm this. We went to find your camp, but we didn't see any of you in the buildings. I noticed the flicker of a fire on the treeline, so we went to the far back of your base and instead found the Jackals who we chilled with for a bit. They were certain you should still be in the complex or stationed in it, so we went back to search for signs of personal belongings. I considered stealing resources too, but I was still thinking of joining up with you, so what I really wanted was to find out where you stood with the N.A.C. We didn't realize you were camping the the trees along the path and bolted when we saw the lights. I actually thought you might be N.A.C. but we chose to go as far as the trees in the back and wait there. You couldn't do anything to us, and we were sick of crawling through thorn bushes so we just stood there and you eventually did see us. After our interaction I decided we would go with the Stovers, but until then I was still considering you. Regardless, you and the N.A.C. put up one hell of a fight in the end.

To the Stovers,

Well, we had a rocky start but in hind sight, I am really glad we became friends. Just getting you to stop shooting us relieved so much pressure off of us and provided easier access to travel that it alone made a partnership worthwhile. I consider our final victory over the lower village an impressive bonus. You guys had a lot of eager players and plenty of exciting roleplay personalities as well. I had a great time working with you. I don't remember his callsign, perhaps he is Stingar, was a phenomenal medic for your team who kept the Stovers and slavers in the fight as we inched our way to victory in the end. Killjoy was also fun to work with. I had my suspicions from the start when J.R. arrived wanting to talk with me in private with his bodyguard and you in tow. I denied him the privacy he wanted, but he was still ballsy enough to try to double-cross us anyway. Even though we had talked, I still found it odd you wouldn't bring some personal guards to my camp, and J.R.s comment for his guard to stay there because he "didn't want us to think he was trying something" was a bit too unbelievable. I waited for quite a while for him to try something and after talking for so long finally figured he wasn't going to. I had my Matches ready and really should have drawn them when he crossed us. Being the third person he pointed at, I would have had enough time to draw but all I could think was, "Why is he crossing us when it is so obvious to me he stands to gain so much more from backing us if we win?" I was about to offer that he could have the distillery for himself and he would become a supplier for all our needs. I had no idea there was a bounty on me, or that he could take over the entire valley. That seems pretty farfetched for an alcoholic old man with family issues to take over and maintain an entire valley with a windmill, distillery, and generators by himself, but whatever. I'm still surprised there was a bounty on me, as I felt pretty ineffective for the first day of the game, but maybe I just have high standards for chaos. Anyway, despite our early complications, a few skirmishes we had against you earlier and our final alliance were a lot of fun. Most importantly, our joint efforts have actually progressed the story of the game.

Instead everyone fighting slavers and telling N.A.C. not to bother them, we now have you with full control over your land and us moving into the old O'riley home. Our alliance protects you from becoming slaves and you can help provide us with trade and goods of value. The O'rileys definitely have a reason to stay on good terms with the N.A.C., at least for now, and will be coming for your heads harder than ever. At roleplay events like this, I find the change in story arch to be far more significant part of the game anyway.

To the Jackals,

We had a lot of smack talk before this game, and honestly if I had it my way we would be enemies. We were at Nightfall and Wrath makes far more sense as an opponent to the Power, not to mention the history of my avatar which the character is somewhat based off and his dislike of religion, but going into the game I suspected everyone might be against us. I was so close to shooting you all at our first interaction I can't even describe it, but with so many against us I thought at least having you as indifferent was far more valuable in practical terms than it was worth enslaving you in roleplay terms. I turned out to be right as everyone came after us in the beginning and later, you actually helped revive several of us, so you were far too valuable as a friend for me to be your enemy like I actually wanted. Anyway, I had fun interacting with you guys and it was nice to see some more connections to Nightfall.

To Rygar,

You are hilarious. I find it very hard to take you seriously with your witty character J.R. You were certainly very influential in this game, but I think we can both agree your execution was well deserved. Sorry it took so long, I kept thinking we would break through the O'rileys any minute and instead the fight just dragged on and on. I have a feeling you and I will do this forever.

To Jonah,

You already know I love these events. Sure, this game did not go smoothly, but it was totally fun. Even with our early problems the slavers were still all having fun. We got to go out and be whoever we wanted, scouring the land as the sinister menace people wanted to be. I wish we had more players so we could have been more effective, but playing the bad guy is fun. Besides, I got to wear my duster, cowboy hat, and spurs with my handsome new revolver and favorite matches at my side. It's impossible not to have some fun doing that. Thanks to your quick adjustments in game, you found a way to open up roleplay interaction and ended up with a division of players that were practically even-matched. I'd say you did pretty well my friend.

To Mouse,

Yes my dear, you are important enough to this series to get mentioned. I did get asked a lot about you and why you couldn't join us for the game both in story and in real life. I would say for sure that you were missed at this event. I was really looking forward to betraying you and taking over as Fuhrer King Wrath on the second day, but then most slavers didn't end up coming and I found out you couldn't make it. There could be no better prize than turning the Queen into my slave, so I ended up vaguely writing my plans into the back story to explain your disappearance, but pitted it mostly on the N.A.C. because it made the most sense. If I had accomplished my take over, it wouldn't make sense for there to be so few of us. If we had all the players we needed and I had pulled it off, it would have set the game up for a huge rivalry between us during the third installment, (Afternoon Tea), which was officially announced to us at the end. That is not its actual name and we don't know when it will be yet, but there eventually will be a third according to Jonah. You, Jonah, and I will need to figure some things out for the next game. Jonah wants to continue to progress the story and so when you couldn't make it, he basically killed you off. I wanted to leave your dramatic return as a possibility so the official story is you were last seen wounded and forcibly taken by vehicle, but we need to sort this out sometime before the next game.

As I was creating my back story, I invented two groups, known as the Gunslingers and the Sheriffs to explain Wrath's past and attire. Both are long-gone, but when I decided to usurp power and enslave you, I also realized I needed to leave you opportunities for action in case you foiled my plans. Should I be ostracized from the Serpents of Sadism, Wrath would set out to rebuild the mercenary group the Gunslingers under his command. I have mentioned the idea of the Gunslingers to some people here as well as TOAST, and there is a good amount of interest in it. The idea behind it is to be entirely roleplay oriented working with any and all factions for a price, but my history with the N.A.C. and the Queen would make things a little rockier between us, leaving room for plenty of roleplay interaction, but not pitting our group against any one specifically. The Gunslingers, as the name suggests would be pistol wielders. I am considering some special weapons to allow for it, but attire would require a western themed duster and at least one pistol, if not multiple. Shotguns and carbines would be welcome, but no m4s, Aks and the like. Cowboy hats are recommended and the group could even have special mission to give out to any/all of the other factions aside from just fighting for pay. I am still working on the idea, but my vision is us as a smaller roleplay faction instead of a true faction with their own objectives, who could fight along side anyone at anytime similar to the two mercenaries we had at Daybreak.

In terms of the story, the Queen indeed survived the attack and after being captured by N.A.C. is rescued/escapes before she is taken out of the state where her execution was supposed to take place. Her followers who have once again found her have informed her of Wrath's treacherous plans, and she returned to the Valley of Light to stake her claim to the land. With her return and many loyal followers the N.A.C. will once again have their major target back and Wrath will lead the Gunslingers in profiting off the war between the Stover, O'rileys, Slavers, and N.A.C. There are many things to work out, but if we can get some reasonable numbers for the slavers next game I am all for the return of the Queen and the rise of the Gunslingers. Also Mouse, you being a stripper vampire somehow does not surprise me at all. Lol

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 09-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM

CaineHazen is a Private
Send a message via AIM to CaineHazen Send a message via Yahoo to CaineHazen
Sigh... reading all this makes me depressed I couldn't make this one. Not been a good season for me to make games overall, hopefully it'll look up here soon!

R'lyeh exsurgebit ubi astra parata sunt
fnord
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 PM

Killjoy is a Private
So, I got 12 hours of sleep last night and I'm good to go for an AAR.

Day 1: I met a lot of awesome people, you Stovers were an amazing group to be leading, and we had more fun than any of the other factions hands down.

The first day started out with our priorities being the objectives. From right after we got our stuff unpacked, people were being sent to look for resources. We found an outstanding amount of food and medical supplies that day, as well as a wheel barrow to store them in. So far we trusted no one, the Slavers, N.A.C., and the O'rileys all were on our land.

NAC: We didn't get to know each other that much honestly. But by day one we suspected a type of alliance between you and the O'rileys. You and the O'rileys combined were just too much power in our valley, and we don't want that, do we? So yes, you were a threat to us, and we watched you very closely. Although very friendly, we couldn't let it happen.

Slavers: In day one we were totally independent and what's ours was ours. When I discovered your camp was empty I immediately took the chance to send guys to grab food or other things we could find from your camp and we even took your flag and raised it in our camp to rub it into the Slaver prisoners that we had's faces.

O'rileys: We were good at the start. Making an alliance to help one another if the Slavers attempt to attack us. In day one we went by that alliance, aiding all the wounded when you guys were hit by Slavers. You and the N.A.C. were getting dangerously close, with your flags flying together, we simply could not trust you or the NAC. Also with intel that you had a lock we needed from a merchant, and you continuously telling us that you don't worsened our distrust towards you. At the end of the night the Merchant of Death provided us with enough ammo to harrass and keep you on edge the rest of the night giving you the message that you are just merely guests on our land and that will not be tolerated.

Stovers: We had a great first day in my book, collecting three of five locks wasn't bad at all along with two of three of the power cells. We had plenty of food, water, and medical supplies from our scavenging. Papa G and others, the stuff you brought was awesome.

Night:

Stovers: We had more fun that night than any other faction hands down. We had a fire started immediately and bring the only family with electricity turned on our Christmas lights and music. We got out homemade instruments and sang Christmas songs, ate stone soup, cooked a chicken over the fire, and had a great night. For all of you that stayed up as long as I did, all I have to say is LOL

Slavers: That night I had to change the situation with the NAC and O'rileys joining forces. The land was rightfully ours and the O'rileys shoved their fake deed for the land in our faces. It was time the Stovers made a stand for good. The Slavers needed friends, we wanted our land. What's a deed when we take your land forcefully? We made an agreement on the mutual alliance and waited until morning to strike.

NAC: We saw you guys a couple times during the night and sang Christmas songs with you. At least we had some fun before we became enemies.

O'rileys: We simply no longer liked you. We harassed you that night to give you a bit of a taste of the future of your base.

Day 2: What a day. So much change in storyline. But it was fantastic.

Slavers: With our alliance made we began our attacks. And man did we pound them. We pounded the O'riley base all day, making sure they understood our message. We took a short break where we went into defense mode as I spoke with Wrath about a few things concerning our vault and the deed.

O'rileys: In the morning this Great Short Chieftain of Death rode down to your base in my chario-- stroller to say good morning. I could tell the air was tense as I was getting gross stares and the only people that would talk to us a bit friendly were the NAC. We ended up assaulting your base all day. After you decided to rub the deed of yours in my face at MY camp we've simply had enough. The mercenaries working with you tasted our lea--plastic too. We raided your camp all day, and finally, in the last forty minutes took it as we took your resources and gave your camp to the Slavers. Your fake deed is worthless to us now. The valley is in the rightful hands of the Stover family.

NAC: You were with the O'rileys when everything happened and all you are to us now is the government scum that planned to take the valley.

The Stover Family dominance was shown and the trash talk wasn't for nothing. I hope the message goes to all factions surrounding the valley that it is ours and that it is a privilege to walk on it's soil, not a right. The Stover Family is striving and our electricity is still running. The Slavers have proved to not be as much scum as their new slaves and the land we have given them was a privilege which we think they deserved.

The Stovers will always own that land and if you disagree you will be dealt with just like the N.A.C. and O'riley scum.

And for all to remember, STOVERS RULE.

-Killjoy, Chieftain of the Stover Family AKA The Great Short Chieftain of Death

EDIT: Also, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Papa G and all who came with him. They brought and did so much for the family and I couldn't have done it without you.

Task Force Facebook Page (Like it up!): www.facebook.com/TaskForceELITEAirsoftTeam

Task Force Youtube (Subscribe):
www.youtube.com/user/KILLJOYAirsoftOhio

Last edited by Killjoy; 09-24-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar View Post
Oh man!! You think my AAR's are long for open plays. OH BROTHER, you better clear your schedule to read this one when I get it typed up!!!
Okay, I give! Ya'll have written some really great 'Rygar-esque' Novels, and I am LOVING IT!!!

I'm off to compete in a wing eating contest at B-dubs for the company I work for. Will get back to work on my AAR upon my return.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM

Killjoy is a Private
Past all the in-character stuff, I'd like to thank all who came out.

Jonah: Hands down one of the best events I've been to. You never disappoint me with your events at Chilicothe. I know you had to re-do everything because of the small amount of attendence but you did great.

Rygar: Nice try lol. But you made the game that much more fun with your personality and attempt to take over the valley. You and your guilded merchants and mercs were a fun addition.

Wrath and Slavers: It was good working with you. An amazing final stretch and victory for both of us. I know the first day was rough for you guys but I hope that made it worth it. I look forward to playing with you, Sky and all the other Slavers again.

Leader of O'rileys and O'rileys(didn't catch your callsign, sorry): Damn, that was a tense game. But we couldn't have done it without you guys. You were a fun enemy and you put up a damn good fight.

NAC: We didnt interact much with you guys besides the slinging of plastic, but you guys fought hard with the O'rileys and were a fun and interesting group.

Stovers: The best faction I could ever lead would be you guys. Awesome time guys. If I could do it again I would. You were amazingly helpful and fun. STOVERS RULE!

Task Force Facebook Page (Like it up!): www.facebook.com/TaskForceELITEAirsoftTeam

Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Ambrose is a Private
I must say that this event was better than bf 9 and was well worth it. Now I'll post my story later ( got to make that rough draft). But man I experienced the 3 worst moments of my life. I mean like my pistols would run out of gas and bang I was dead, alright better stop talking, got to do homework
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Space Wizard

Okay, I've slept the better part of a full day since getting home yesterday so time for some results as well as my take on the event and some specifics.

So for me this was a very different mentality in approaching Daybreak than I had going into Nightfall. As has been mentioned we had numerous setbacks before the event that had to be addressed, often on the fly but in the end I think the re-writes and the adjustments added to the event and created a very different feel than the resource gathering intensity of Nightfall. Players ability to not only create but stay in character were on constant display which to me enriched the world in a way that I by no means could do simply by writing it.

The two families role-played their needs, objectives and relationship with each other perfectly and my hat is off to the 08th for your characters as well as Papa G. and his crew and the Stover patron Killjoy and his people. When I walked through camps people were busy going about the business you would expect to see people going about if you had to make your way after the End of the World. It was that level of detail that made walking the world a believable as well as enriching experience for me as well as the other participants.

The New American Combine played their role perfectly and I am highly impressed with not only your organization but your ability to win the "Hearts and Minds" of the citizenry of the Valley of Light and keeping motivated as well as your presence well known. Cody and Jordan you guys did excellent in rotating your people and letting them loose when needed! With the exception of the last objective of the day you achieved all of your tasks with flying colors.

The Slavers what can I say. You were outnumbered, outgunned and apparently the diabolical enemies of all present before you had a chance to even say hello. While I know this created chaos in the first day of the event and made it hard to complete (and in your case) retrieve your objectives as soon as we discussed it face to face we adjusted on the fly and you guys managed beautifully. From your amazing theatrics to your vile slaveryness you guys again brought the dark edge to the game that made you everyone's favorite clan to hate . In the end your coalition was strong and you were able to get a foothold in the Valley by claiming Lost Hope for your own. Hats off and many thanks to being as adaptable as you were throughout the day.

Jackals once again you guys steal the show. Honestly Link I had no intentions of reprising my role as the NAC representative from Nightfall but as soon as you asked me if I was still with the combine on our first walk the concept came to life and made the whole experience that much more fun for me! The nightime conquer the darkness objective was nothing short of epic. So much so that we walked past our end point due to being so engrossed in Link's reading from the book of Light as we walked. Italian and Bearcat you guys presence and characters, dialogue and interactions made your band of three seem much larger. Using your role player medic rules to capture as many souls as you did in exchange for reviving players was a stroke of brilliance and buying our deaths at your hands rather than that of the darkness was appreciated.

Sidd, Rygar and Duec you guys were fantastic as the Merchants in the Valley of Light. Sidd I was sad that you had to leave early and I am glad that things worked out okay in the end. Rygar, your set up was great and our interactions were some of my favorites of the day, especially shooting you in the gut to free the O'Riley and the N.A.C. commanders and putting a gun to your man's head to "buy" your freedom . Duec your taking over the Merchant of Death role was appreciated and you pulled it off perfectly!

Carbon and Machete your role as mercenaries was handled fantastically. You didn't give in to the easy rode of pure killing for killings sake but handled yourselves like contracted professionals.....even if you did let Rygar's chicken fall into the fire . Machete thanks for playing along when I put a gun to your head to free "J.R." from the slavers you guys were Aces!

While the turnout was not what I had anticipated after the huge outcry and pages of PM's I had received asking for a sequel I can honestly say this is the most fun I have had playing/hosting airsoft in as long as I can remember. I do disagree with Wrath that the event didn't go smoothly (it wasn't smooth for the slavers in the beginning to be sure ) and I am personally thrilled with the way the event turned out. If it gives you any idea, we had everyone organized and on the field a full 30 minutes before the event started and not only did we brief on time but we started on time as well .

Now to the good stuff..........

The results

As the dust settled over the Valley of Light the only thing that became clear was this was just the beginning. The New American Combine's efforts in public relations found them new territory and new allies as the men of the O'Riley Clan took their oaths and swore allegiance to the New American Combine. For their part, the O'Rileys were able to finally lay to rest age old territory dispute by recovering the journal entries from Clayton Stover proving the claim that the creek line was payment of a gambling debt. After what seemed like an eternity of fighting, the land they bled for was finally legally theirs.

In the village of Raven's Crossing, Papa G and cousin Killjoy were able to celebrate the retention of most of their territory while forging an alliance with the remnants of the Slavers who took possession of the village of Last Hope. While they were unable to secure the extra capacitance batteries they continued to be able to provide ample power from their wind turbine as well as acquiring enough ammunition and food to weather the coming storm. One thing is for sure with the Stover clan, they will be a formidable opponent to dislodge when the time comes.

The remnants of the Serpents of Sadism, led by the Sherrif Wrath was able to not only overcome the initial mistrust of the other families but capitalize on the generational feud and help the Stover's secure their lands for the price of the sacking of Last Hope. Displaying their trademarked savagery they pushed the outgunned O'Riley's and Government troops from the homestead and flew their black banner at days end claiming their prize. In a display of bravado unseen in the Territories in many years, they publicly executed J.R. Courtland, Guild trader. Time will tell what consequences that may bring but the slavers again proved they are not to be trifled with.

Winter's coming to the Territories and I imagine people will hunker down for the long winter ahead but look our for the spring thaw, I smell a storm brewing and I suspect we've only just begun to tell the tale of the Valley of Light.

The victory for the event goes to the N.A.C. and the O'Riley factions. While all factions were amazing and did fantastically both of these Factions were able to complete all of their objectives but the day two objectives.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did this weekend and I hope to see you all at the Third installment of the series to be held spring 2012.

Stormfront, Tales from the End of the World.

Last edited by jonahm740; 09-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM

Wrath the Furious is a Private
Killjoy, I messed some details up on our end too. Starting at goggles off you guys approached us on our return from the NAC camp. They proposed the truce between us, and we decided to consider it. They also asked for locks which they were fairly certain we had but I had absolutely no knowledge of. I had my suspicions you were working with the NAC, but your guys seemed rather delighted to learn that we had basically just stolen everything of value from them. I still decided to take my time to see if you were playing me, and although I never found the NAC and O'rileys together, I was definitely starting to believe you were telling the truth. The ice-cold tone of the O-riley's when we finally encountered them at night set my mind and I immediately returned to you to solidify an alliance. I later discovered from a merchant that at least one of the locks was supposedly in one of the ammo crates we had in our possession. Honestly, after acquiring them we never really looked at what we had inside. Acquiring resources was of little concern to us, and gaining a foothold in the land was top priority. I later went back to find the lock for you, but I couldn't figure out where it was. I also had the final power cell you needed, but during the night we relocated the stash and I no longer knew where it was. I think someone stole it because the place it was thought to be in along with some of our other supplies was empty, and as already noted by several people here, at most times our base was completely unoccupied. We really didn't use it for much until people wanted to sleep, and it was basically the place where we kept extra water if anyone needed it. If I had held on to those I would have made sure you got them, but I just didn't care enough about what we had early on to keep tabs on all of that.

EDIT: Also, I do agree with you Jonah. The event did go very smoothly from an organizational perspective. That was actually rather impressive. It was a long post and I don't want to go back to it now, but I think what I meant to say was at the outset the families didn't act quite as expected. I feel like we thought they would be much more against each other, like they were overnight to early morning than they were during the first day, and were instead more concerned with a rag-tag handful of slavers.

Anyway the event was incredible and well worth it. You just can't get these kinds of opportunities out of run-of-the-mil-sim.

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 09-24-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM

armyus516 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to armyus516
With the first day, it was a set goal for me to earn the trust of the people in the valley, it worked better than planned, not only could I roam where I wanted but, I was adopted by J.R.Courtland and more trust was gained, when the sun set I met up with "Contacts" to browse camps to find whatever information we could, and take some valuable assets. We were caught both times we had tried and parted was, We had planed what chaos was to resume at sunrise.
When the sun rose and breakfast was had, I went off to meet my "Contacts" to prepare for the following bloodbath. We first made a stop at the NAC base to collect some missiles and the launcher and gave them to the Stovers, We returned to our camp and shortly after J.R.Courtland had showed up with Mr. Stover himself (If it as I recall) and tried to capture Wrath and Mr. Stover, his attempt was foiled and he was shot, by his own son. We went to resume our attack on the O'riley's...... I had been given the over watch position, until I ran out of ammo and gave the rifle to it's original owner and began to move in on the compound, with enough losses and supressing fire they gave themselves up, and we had taken the town. A few short minutes later they had counter-attacked, but we help them off for the day. It's getting close to Christmas, It's going to be a cold and bloody winter
( Since I am the recent adopted son of J.R, I am going to 'inherit or claim' his business of trade')
-- Spriggs "Russian" Miliskanim
Traveler,Soul taken by the Jackals, Son of J.R.Courtland and, ......Undercover Slaver.
(20:27:49) Dax_7: MY GOD CARBON..WE CAN HEAR YOU.
(20:28:02) Dax_7: Grow some ears...errr...eyes
If there is one thing I warn you not to do, it is to ask me to think outside of the box. My overactive imagination will consume all you know.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:54 PM

Bearcat is a Private
//Musings from and Illuminator of The Power on the day after Daybreak//

The sun was shining quite brightly with the clouds forming a strange repeating pattern of circles in the sky moving on forever to the horizons. Archon Bearcat sat alone while contentedly carving the symbol of The Power into some newly acquired rifle rounds while blessing each in turn. Wrath of The Power sat idly next to him after he had lovingly cared for it, but he could almost hear a faint cry of frustration as it had not been able to cry out in the name of The Power. The Valley of the Light had proven to be something of a mixed blessing in his estimation. Bishop Link had been able to gain many converts to the faith, but agents of darkness still survived. The Illuminator felt as if there had been a leash put around his neck at some points, but he had been promised that he would gain his chance to purge the darkness soon. There were other, more important things to focus on. Archon Bearcat would acquiesce to the orders of Bishop Link, who was the blessed of The Pope - The Power’s Chosen One!
What glorious news one of the new disciples had given them, truly they were walking in the service of The Power. For specific directions were given to the Point of Corporealization, merely six miles down a derelict road from the Valley of the Light, how utterly amazing! Several months of wandering and searching were coming to an end. In addition, Archon Bearcat felt that he might have stumbled across the Black Book, for it talked about some God-Emperor and clearly full of tainted words and darkness. It had been a good couple of days.
He finished carving the holy symbol into the rounds, and slowly began loading them into a magazine while proclaiming the prayers of faith and conducting the observances of duty. He glanced down the path he was sitting in the middle of, it was a nice even path hewn straight out of a dense copse of trees in a forest. Bishop Link had taken the new disciples into a clearing to continue their instruction in the ways of The Power (Blessed are those who serve The Power!) and the cleric was tending to several of the sick and wounded elsewhere by a stream, and though alone Archon Bearcat was never truly by himself as he had his prayers and devotions to keep him company. He was glad for the chance to prove the strength of The Power to many of those in the Valley of Light, they had heard the words and more importantly witnessed the way they could defeat the darkness literally and spiritually. They led a procession in the ritual of Purging the Darkness, a symbolic cleansing in whatever region they were going to be in for any length of time, surrounded by agents of Darkness who were too timid in their fear of The Power to even look upon them. He had found an artifact of illumination that surprisingly still worked, clearly a gift from The Power which he dutifully gave to Bishop Link. Truly amazing for those that did not believe, that must explain the number of conversions.
He slid the magazine into his rifle and loaded a round in the chamber. He felt the spiritual weight of his Soul Jar, plenty of room. He set his pauldron with the purity seal shifting in the gentle wind on his shoulder. He knew, from experience, that there would always be some of the newly converted that would stray back to darkness almost immediately, and that was why he was on this path. It was the only path out from where Bishop Link led them. Almost as if on cue a half-dozen of the new disciples came down the path cautiously, alarmed to see him sitting there. Archon stood up, gathering up Wrath of The Power and glared with something like a smile upon his face he spoke, “Those that embrace the light only to turn to darkness are heretics, as such there is but only one verdict. Your actions have forfeit your souls to me, I judge you full of darkness.”
One of the disciples tried to plead, “But is not final judgment reserved for The Power?”
Archon Bearcat spoke easily, “Clearly you have never met an Illuminator…”
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Killjoy is a Private
Grrr... dammit Wrath lol. We probably would of completed most of our objectives if we would've gotten that stuff. oh well, the end was still a victory in my book

Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 PM

Stingar is a Private
Yeah, the NAC and O'rielys may have won in objectives, but if this is what losing feels like, I'm happy!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Space Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingar View Post
Yeah, the NAC and O'rielys may have won in objectives, but if this is what losing feels like, I'm happy!
I don't think anyone should walk off the field thinking that they didn't do their part or somehow they weren't an amazing part of a great event. I don't know that there are bragging rights inherent in a "win" but rather in this case the victory simply serves to further the storyline .
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
The Real Arms Dealer with the Fake Mustache

Agent Spencer is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spencer
Well, I have to say, despite my moderate to high skepticism about returning to the field after a several year hiatus, I am happy to say it was well worth it.

Jonah, excellent event. I have to say your enthusiasm, drive, and professionalism definitely built a fantastic stage for the event to play out upon. It's great to see an event organizer who has such a zen-like balance of laid-back calm, and managerial/administrative decision-making focus.

While I don't speak for the O'Riley's (I'm sure you guys will get some rootin' tootin' cowboy-esque post from Duo soon enough), I must say the event was great.

Stovers, I remember walking up to the game briefing and realizing that we were about to enter into a feud with a busload of guys and we really were more the nO'Riley's than O'Riley's. Had a great time doing some negotiations with you guys as well as trading some plastic. Killjoy it was fun shaking your hand and telling you I'd go look for the lock when it was sitting in my coat pocket. I have to say the night time firefight was a blast, and the sportsmanship between both sides was exemplary, when CQB night-fighting presents a huge opportunity to cause incidents and tempers to run high. I know a bit of disagreement and "hot" CQB fighting occurred during the final showdown, but I still think it was overall handled well, both by the players and Jonah.

NAC, I know I kept calling you guys the NCR out of habit, so apologies. Really enjoyed hanging out with your forces in the annexed-O'Riley village. Your numbers helped keep us from being BB-fodder all weekend. Ruffy, watching you calvary charge with a musket and tomahawk definitely gave me a laugh right before I got shot up.

Jackals, you guys were great too. Great loadouts, and roleplaying. Wish Bishop Link would have let me sign his big 'ole book, but mid-combat autographs are decidedly inopportune I suppose.

Slavers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath the Furious View Post
The ice-cold tone of the O-riley's when we finally encountered them at night set my mind and I immediately returned to you to solidify an alliance.
This was directly a result of several of you guys (Sky and two others) rolling up on several of our family members on the hill in between the Stover and O'Riley homes about 2 hours into the game and shooting them in the back with no hello's or introductions. Even our blood-feuding nemesis, the Stovers, talked to us before shooting, so we figured you were out for blood (which you managed to draw, heh). And Wrath, you kept reminding me of Josh Brolin (probably as Jonah Hex) most of the weekend, killer loadouts. Hope you don't hold me plugging you in the back, after the Jackals healed us, against me.

Sidd, Rygar and the Merchants, was quite a bit of fun doing business with you, even though I always half-thought Rygar was going to ask for my kidney or firstborn every time I went to trade with him.

Mercenaries, hate to say it, but I didn't trust you gents at all, ever. You lot seemed like you were lying the whole time and I kept waiting to get a BB in my skull as soon as I turned away. Don't know who you were working for, but I'm comfortable that we kept our distance from you guys. Just can't trust a guy who's allegiance is to money and not blood.

As far as the conclusion of the game, noone ever found our still, which ran for 8 hours continuously, in the forest. What I can say is that after abandoning our newly NAC-annexed ancestral home, we decided to occupy the old NAC base and ended up finishing the game with both the booze and the guns. And I can't think of anything else we could possibly need.

TLDR: We have no home, but we have booze and guns. And those are the essentials.

Cheers,

Spencer.

Last edited by Agent Spencer; 09-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: