Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Baked Juice is a Private
AAR: Open 27

Thanks S.P.E.A.R. for hosting another fantastic game at Red Dragon!

I had plenty of fun, even though my SCAR went down roughly 15 minutes in. It was great being a medic, especially during the "Blackhawk Down" scenario, where I became part of the green team while I was wearing tan.

Jack, thanks for shooting Scortch with my 203, one of the many highlights of my day.

Edit: Just realized EH got some footage up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5iV...&feature=feedu

"You seem like the person who wants, no needs, a Mk46..." - 001

"I don't call 9-1-1. I call SAM."

Last edited by Baked Juice; 05-29-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Video
Old 05-29-2011, 11:17 AM

OverLord is a Private
Thanks again to Spear for another great day. You guys kept the day running smoothly. Weather was very nice and for the most part, people kept their cool. Good missions all around. Legion, nice seeing you guys again. Spectre thanks for helping me figure out what was wrong with my gun. Italian and kitten nice playing with you guys as usual. SOL, your comments kept me laughing throughout the day. To my brothers on tan, great job all day. Green nice job out there too.
End of my rant, see you all at the next one!

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 PM

seals is a Private
yesterday was awesome. had lots of fun but it was hot. To whoever fixed my weapon thank you. you probably saved me 50 bucks.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 PM

Warcat is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Warcat
Thank you SPEAR.

All said and done, I had fun. There were some honor/sportsmanship issues that disappointed me, but other than that I think things went well. Teams were numericaly balanced, most games didn't stalemate for very long and tan seemed to be annoyingly aggressive. Thank you, and kudos to the Tan medic who became a green medic for the black hawk down scenario and kept a strike team of green active behind enemy lines. It was interesting to watch you unload a magazine on a tan fireteam (unfortunately missing) but also not drawing their attention while you sat beside me healing, and then they strolled right by us.

To my brothers on Team SWORD, always fun running with you, so often we seemed alone. Great job. I'm looking forward to Hell's Basin Open Play next week.

Thanks again everyone.

-SARCASM - one of many services I provide, free of charge!

See my latest books:
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Comm
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Tactics
Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
I had fun. Thanks everyone for coming out, without you our events would not be possible.

Btw the two helmet cams meshing into one video is pretty legit.

And one more note: KEEP YOUR FREAKIN' GOGGLES ON AT ALL TIMES ON THE FIELD! This is a warning to everyone. Too many instances were had yesterday where people took their goggles off without proper authorization. Listen freaks, this is for your own personal safety. You may not like having two eyes but our insurance and the field owner really likes it when people come with two eyes and leave with two eyes so LEAVE YOUR GOGGLES ON UNTIL YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO REMOVE THEM OR ARE IN THE STAGING AREA!!!
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM

Ultheran is a Private
Had I great time. my first Red Dragon. I also unfortunetly see some sportmans ship issues. But all in all a great event.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM

Kitten is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Liberty View Post

And one more note: KEEP YOUR FREAKIN' GOGGLES ON AT ALL TIMES ON THE FIELD! Listen freaks, this is for your own personal safety.
- Dboy Jr.

Had fun, was another great event. Glad i could be back, it was a good release from the stress from the week before. (Colossus, you know what i mean) All the scenarios were fun and were clear cut with plenty of trigger time. Thanks SPEAR and to everyone else who came out and made it possible. We'll all miss Colossus and Dboy this summer so it's a good thing we got one last game in.

SOL, you're crazy.

From a place you do not see comes a sound you will not hear.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Thanks to all the players who made it out and played hard. Special thanks to Caleb who really stepped up to run a smooth organized set of scenarios. Hopefully everyone who participated in the last two weren't upset by the lopsidedness, the tri-fort force reached the objective way to quickly both games.

A few notes:

First, I understand sportsmanship issues can be a problem no matter what game you attend. However, I failed to receive any complaints from anyone about any sportsmanship issues while on the field. Please report them to a game operator if they arise at the game. We will sort it out as fairly as possible right then and there.

Secondly, as Liberty mentioned, keep the goggles on until you are told you can remove them by game operators or you have reached the staging area. This is not an option. I caught WAY to many people removing goggles despite the fact that they where informed at the safety briefing never to do so. Guys, we're not doing this to be ********. An injury such as a shot out eye can cost us our field or worse. This applies to shooting glasses as well. They are not permitted, period. Just because you don't have full seal goggles doesn't mean you may enter the field regardless. You WILL be removed from play.

Third. MED's. We still observe the basic MED distances. 350-400 FPS must observe the 25ft engagement limit. We had one particular person injured from being shot too close with a 400FPS rifle. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLord View Post
Thanks again to Spear for another great day. You guys kept the day running smoothly. Weather was very nice and for the most part, people kept their cool. Good missions all around. Legion, nice seeing you guys again. Spectre thanks for helping me figure out what was wrong with my gun. Italian and kitten nice playing with you guys as usual. SOL, your comments kept me laughing throughout the day. To my brothers on tan, great job all day. Green nice job out there too.
End of my rant, see you all at the next one!
Hopefully the issue is what I think it is and an easy fix!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
I'd like the record to show that I am not crazy
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 PM

Archer is a Private
sounds like i missed a good one.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Utah goat rapist

Rowdy is a Private First Class
Thanks SPEAR, it was nice playing against you guys again. Scenarios were very well coordinated given the team balancing.
Saw a sportsmanship issue, but it was handled quickly following the game. Tan, you played very aggressively, and it kept things interesting. Great scenarios.
Team SWORD, it was nice working with you guys.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:09 PM

INGINE is a Private
Probably the best one ive been to yet, cant wait until next time. The best part of the day was when me and my friend both lit up a guy behind a tree. Thanks to everybody on S.P.E.A.R. who organized it and kept it going smoothly.

"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." -Anton LaVey
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Bearcat is a Private
It was fun. I haven't gotten trigger time like that in a while. Thanks to SPEAR for putting the event on. Thanks to GreenFor for being great opposition most of the day. I encountered a lot of great players and hope that everybody else did too.

I would like to apologize to Cowboy for shooting him so close in the hand, but it was reactionary.

My only complaint (and not a great one at that) would be I was friendly fired more than I was actually shot by Green. I was not a big fan of that because friendly fire is anything but.

Mostly, it was a spectacular day.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Warcat is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Warcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

My only complaint (and not a great one at that) would be I was friendly fired more than I was actually shot by Green. I was not a big fan of that because friendly fire is anything but.
Bearcat, you sure it was unintentional 'friendly' fire?

-SARCASM - one of many services I provide, free of charge!

See my latest books:
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Comm
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Tactics
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Baked Juice is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Liberty View Post
I'd like the record to show that I am not crazy
The floor recognizes that SoL is NOT crazy, he is only slightly unstable.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:45 PM

stonewall is a Private
Another great day and game at Red Dragon didn't really have any major issues thanks again to SPEAR for putting it together I guess the only down side if there is one for me was the attack of the ANTS
glad your okay Scorpion that whole strip tease dance while running through the woods was a sight to see........ hats off to Colossus and D-Boy you'll be missed have fun this summer see you guys when you get back thanks to everyone hope to see ya at the next one ohhh Son of Liberty....... we good, I'm good hahhaha and glad to meet ya Red
Kitten hang in there glad you where there under the circumstances, well everyone have a great Memorial Day along with a safe one I/we (Legion) will see you on the field again soon.............
Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I would like to apologize to Cowboy for shooting him so close in the hand, but it was reactionary.
Rough day for him, I got him there too. Sorry plumb thumb!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM

Fenton is a Private
Thank you, to Colossus for a great event. I had a great time. Thank you to all that came out and played hard.
I think the only thing that will help with the sportsmanship problems, is to have player/refs. I think that,i.e., every S.P.E.A.R. team member should be a player/ref at their events. This goes for every team that hosts events. Some veteran players might also be asked to be player/refs. These player/refs can handle anything that they see, as the day goes on. This is an old idea, that is worth following through with.
I was shot twice by friendly fire. We all need to be more careful about target section. I said we, that means me too. I'm glad me rounds fell short on a contact I engaged.
I was shoot several times in the head. This happened because that is the only thing they had to shot at. It hurt, but that is part of the game. I'm not angry with anyone that shoots me. It is my fault that they shoot me. People need to stop getting so angry about being shot. This is how the game works. Pain is involved. You either give it, or you receive it. If you don't like getting shot, get better or stay home. I hope you choose to get better, because we need everyone to show up, in order to make this work.
It is up to all of us to make this situation better. I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I'm seeing things spiral out of hand.

Family Motto- Gwell angau na gwarth
translated- Death before Disgrace
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 PM

Fenton brings up a good point, all SPEAR members on the field are active refs. We are all clearly marked with SPEAR patches and nametapes. If anyone has an issue we are there to help. If there are problems don't just bring them up in the AAR, bring them up to us in person!

Also everyone please pay attention during the briefing. This is a crucial time to hear game rules, regulations and objectives/what's going on in game. So please shut your mouths and listen up to whoever is talking. Your little conversation or witty comment is not more important than safety.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
First off great game Colossus, I had lots of fun Saturday. I went swimming, too

I would to bring up the fact that if you are hit, and you are possibly in a line of fire, sit *** down. There was one instance where an older (30s) pitched a fit because he was getting hit when he was already downed. Was it his fault? Pretty much. He was choosing to stand in a line of fire, and pitched a fit on tan players because of his decision. In short, if you're hit, play it safe and sit down. It makes your, and still-active players' job easier.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Scorch is a Private
Quote:
Hopefully everyone who participated in the last two weren't upset by the lopsidedness, the tri-fort force reached the objective way to quickly both games.
You have me to thank for that. I had to defend that fort both times and both times I had an all-out sprint with the box to the fort right away. Not to mention a few others joined my both times.
That last scenario of the day was amazing too. By the time I heard someone yell "30 seconds!" A saw and a few others had me pinned down behind my only window.
not to mention getting shot in the @$$ by Juice's an EGLM made me lol...especially after running through stinging nettles a few minutes before...BB stings plus burning/itching...woo!

Last edited by Scorch; 05-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 PM

WhiteRook is a Private
I went Green ... played against my SPEAR team memebers. However, I had the best time yet because I felt challenged.

Great time and thanks to alll that help put this event on.

See you all again soon.

Until then, play safe!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:54 PM

SpecialOp7 is Currently being Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to SpecialOp7
I had a great day
Thanks Spear, as always a great event, Caleb and Jack, gonna miss you guys!

Best part of the day was when firefox, twin1/2 and myself, after the ceasefire, sprinted across the bank took out everyone and the brothel and by mere seconds managed to get in between the tan forces with the bomb to get it back to the wedge fort.

All in all, great day, main thing I saw is exactly what Italian was saying, people, if your getting hit and yelling about it, look at where you are at. At one point guys behind me who were dead kept getting shot at and got extremely angry, they started cursing and I told them to move out of the way because they are shooting at me. Anyways, game play was great, would've enjoyed little bit more extensive mission but alas, it was only an open

Thanks everyone for coming out and making it a great day and SPEAR for hosting it.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:44 AM

Teddy Bear is a Recruit Private
had a pretty fun time. I didn't run into much un-sportsmanship either,I just want to say, when somone is yelling cease fire, you damn well cease fire. No exceptions. I also was fired upon by my own tan friends haha, they shot me right in the bum. pretty good day though.

When I grow old and tired, I want to move to Scotland to see the Penguins and live where the Palm Trees grow.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Baked Juice is a Private
Who's got pictures? Anyone?

Tags
aar, open 27, spear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: