Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-14-2010, 03:52 PM

OverLord is a Private
AAR: Operation Righteous Cause NOV 13th

No one has started one yet so i guess i will..Once again thanks to SPEAR for a fantastic event..Thanks to the event organizers Son of Liberty and DBoy. thanks CY6 for the props (which are still the best props i have seen to date).
Malestrom...very well done representing Makarov's terrorists. Thanks to all who came out to the event and made it a great time. greenfor (ultranationalists) way to be you held your own against the loyalists (tan) and TF141. tan well done other than a few issues good game. hope to see you all at the next open.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:15 PM

snipe is a Private
Send a message via AIM to snipe
Had fun, good op. Cheating was a little ridiculous though. Please people realize that helmets are NOT bb proof and if its hit you are out. Ran into issues with that multiple times. Overall though it was a good day and the first scenario was good and well thoughtout. Definately had fun
Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 PM

SpecialOp7 is Currently being Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to SpecialOp7
hahaha snipe, "Wow there's two helmet kids, wait no three, ok where the **** did all of those helmet kids come from there's like 6" good times
Anyways, great day, no major complaints other then at one point at the night game a kid on greenfor ran up to Xac's, Timnis and my position and grab Xacs pistol and pushed it down so he couldn't bang bang him...other then that and the usual great day

Jack and Matt, thanks, I think ray said there was 123 people there way to handle/manage everything along with matt getting in a car wreck the night before, wow.

Snipe, Blackhawk, Clark, sooth, and others, as always its great running with you guys.
Timnis/Phoenix, nice meeting you guys

And to the person that had the spare battery that i put into my ess' thank you so so much!..i think it was haystack?

Anyways, no major complaints from me, thanks everyone for the great time.

Last edited by SpecialOp7; 11-14-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM

Scorch is a Private
good event. I agree it seemed like nobody called their hits, i watch little kiddies running around the antique store through my stream of bbs and kept running. (I know they were hit mind you, since they would say "ow", grab their shoulder ect.) The Mini-OP was fun too, although the story cinematic sorta ending was a little confusing with how the nuke supposedly went off. The Night-OP was a ton of fun though. the Bang-bang rule was being abused a ton though. I recall me and about 10 other tan people outside the store next to the tower where the body was (our objective) hidden with about 6 greens in there guarding it. Horrible use of bang bang rule here. If link hadn't shown up with his grenade i was about to go and shoot them all. The high point of my game was right after this happened and i walked into the building where a green person was hiding under the counter with the body . I said your dead, he walked out and a tan guy walked in, and said "whats going on here?-woah..." as i had the body over my shoulders.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Musket_Ball is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Musket_Ball
Great event. Totally worth the 4 hour drive down. Thanks a bunch to SPEAR for putting it on and Link for chatting for a little bit. The bang bang stuff at night is the only problem i had at the event. It was ridiculous. And to the guy on SPEAR i had the conversation with, thanks for being so cool, and good shot again. =)
Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 PM

Carnival is a Private
It was great to see 123 People at double whammy.
Awesome event. Thank you SOL and D-Boy for coming up with back story and making the objectives. Thank you S.P.E.A.R. for putting this together and running it. Thank you Gary for donating the pistol for the raffle and for letting us play at Red Dragon.
Thank you S.T.A.C.C. for letting me run with you guys. Your a great group to play with and sing Journey with. Even if our voices weren't the best.
Reaper, I was worried you were gonna get popped when you were CO.
Thanks to Maelstrom for showing up and playing the bad guy routine once again. Fenton, Bearcat, Badger it was great seeing you guys again. Mouse girl, I'm sorry but I wasn't scared by you during the zombie game. You gotta step your scare tactics up.

Scenario game was a good change of pace keeping units in conjunction and COC. I think it helped introduce mil sim to a lot of the casual players. T141 and Makarov's troops was a great way to let S.P.E.A.R. and Maelstrom play as well as help guide the teams.

To CY6.
You guys are awesome. The props you make just add a whole other effect to the game. Also, by having physical objects it helps reinforce the objective intensive play and negates the "killsteak" mentality. Loved the UAV as well as the Rapier Missile. The Rapier Missile's accuracy always amazes me.

In Regards to all of the "cheating" that was going on. It happens, some people might not call hits or follow the rules all the time. Don't let it bother you too much just take the walk to respawn as time to cool down. I know I was ragin a few times out there and it was pointless.
The one thing I would like to address is Respect. Especially for the event organizers and refs. Please, Please, Please, Please, don't shoot the Ref's. It should have been very easy to distinguish them at night since they were wearing constant green and red chem-lights.
Most importantly, Listen to the event organizers and do what they say.
Granted there was 123 people at this event but, everyone should keep quiet once an event organizer starts to talk. It's always for your benefit and the benefit of everyone else.
Also, If you are told to stop what you are doing by a ref or organizer then Stop what you are doing. I was appalled to hear some people talking back to organizers and referees. To the group of players in the second story of the tower during the zombie game, I have lost all respect for you. If I ever happen to run into you again I will tell you how I really feel about you.

Randomness.
To Timnis you are not 14. And Battle Buddies Help each other out... over... there..
To Phoenix "Don't Stop Believing" unless your name is Kitten and you forget the words.
To Robo Scout your lucky I'm not epileptic, but the strobe did help.
Evil Head I like your glow in the dark bb's too. They were shiny.
Knightmare, I like how you got sniped by snipe.
Colossus. You da man.

Also, my balaclavas are very stupid looking. They will not be worn any more. Thank You Jack for letting me know that.

To everyone else who came out. Thank you for playing! It was really an amazing event thanks to all who came out.

To SOL, Reverse Flank and Colossus I'm glad everyone of you remained unharmed from the accident. I found it amazing that everyone of you showed up and played yesterday.

Till Next Time.
- Zach

Last edited by Carnival; 11-14-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Grammmmmmmaa'ss grammer.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 PM

D-Boy is a Private
Send a message via AIM to D-Boy
Thanks for coming out. The team decided that since it was going to be the last of the good weather that we try something new and put on a 1.5 length event and have a story. Well I apologize for the complexity and confusion, we lost a lot of planning time and logistics the night before which led to a rough start/delay. Aside from that, good job keeping up through the day. We had a record crowd for Red Dragon opens. Thanks to Gary and donating a MEU pistol for a raffle. Everyone played well. We try to provide a fun mini op for part of the day instead of doing standardized games. It was also my first time ever for putting together a mini op. Thanks to my team, Spear for all the help and thanks to the players for supporting the game.

Jack

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. Ron Swanson

Last edited by D-Boy; 11-14-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:30 PM

BlackHawk97 is a Private
Thank you SPEAR for a fun day of play. Good game pace throught the day, definatly wore me out. Definatly some clerity needed with the "bang bang" rules, but other then that a great time.

Matt, realy glad to see you ok after that wreck.

Snipe, Clark, Spec, always great playing with you guys. Had a blast watching "the helmet kids" get shot over and over and over, some of the comments made where the funniest I have heard in awhile, no one getting mad, just joking, GREAT sportsmanship.

Greenfor and Tanfor, good game and hope to see you all back on the field.
"Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket that is fired, signifies, in the final sense A THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower-
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 PM

Panda is a Private
Had a great time, even when about 7 green were stuck in the creek after the tank broke down, including me. I don't know if it was me, but during the last op before dinner break I can swear on my life tan wasn't calling out. But then again, what's the news there?

Thanks SPEAR for an as-usual AMAZING game!! Probably most fun I had was either the post-lunch mini-game or when tan tried to assault the city during the first scenario.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 11-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Fenton is a Private
It was truely a great day. Thank you to SPEAR for another well run event. No one does it like you. It was great seeing everyone. The play was hard, and honorable. Thank you to my Maelstrom brothers and sister. You all made my day. I was glad to meet some new teammates, also. I hope you had fun in the night game. Thank you to everyone who came out and played. We can't have fun without you. Sure a bunch of us could shoot each other in the staging area, but it wouldn't be the same.

Family Motto- Gwell angau na gwarth
translated- Death before Disgrace
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 PM

stonewall is a Private
thanks to SPEAR and everyone at red dragon........my son and me had a blast this was our second event and having been the one who won the pistol it was really worth it.............like everyone one else there were occasions where hits weren"t called out but hey it was still a blast and i look forward to returning.............met some great people ........................

(CRY HAVOC!.......and let slip the Dogs of WAR)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Kitten is a Private
Everything that i could say has been said, thanks to SPEAR for another great event.
The only issue was comm organization for the morning op. Communication is crucial, so if you have a radio in your squad and your CO and XO is calling for you, ANSWER IT! This is what caused most of the confusion as to what was happening.

MED's need to be respected too. I was in the comm tower for an afternoon defense op and took a bloody one to the lip from about 10 feet away. You did not get fall camo for the headshot xD

Bang bang rules need to be defined more clearly aswell. There were alot of incidents that involved it. Bang bang is for courtesy, and does not necessarily need to be honored if there is any possible way the target could react. Unless you are right behind somebody, do not call bang bang. If they move to shoot you after you call bang bang, you should be ready to take your shot anyway BECAUSE YOU HAVE CONTROL of the situation. If you had control they couldn't have been able to turn to shoot you.

Just take the shot, aim for the chest/gear and respect MED's. Especially if they have a gun pointed in your general direction. It takes care of the argument that follows.

Sorry to SoL, Colossus and the others involved in the car crash the night before, i can't even imagine.

Thanks to Colo for helping me with a spring swap and thanks to S.T.A.C.C. for letting me run in your squad, it was an honor.

To roboscout, need moar strobes.

I also recommend people look at this thread:
http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ight=bang+rule

From a place you do not see comes a sound you will not hear.

Last edited by Kitten; 11-14-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
(Everything Carnival said)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOp7 View Post
Anyways, great day, no major complaints other then at one point at the night game a kid on greenfor ran up to Xac's, Timnis and my position and grab Xacs pistol and pushed it down so he couldn't bang bang him...other then that and the usual great day
That was ridonkulous. I was forreal mad bro.

Other than this, the day was great!

As always, SPEAR puts up a great game whether or not it is thrown together at the last minute! Keep up the great work gents.

Thank you Gary for donating the pistol for the raffle and for letting us play at Red Dragon.

Carnival, it was great to finally meet you and we kicked ***! I am glad we have the same sense of humor.

SpecialOp7, I was glad to finally meet you and you are a great player. We kicked butt while it lasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA_X-Ray View Post
I don't know if it was me, but during the last op before dinner break I can swear on my life tan wasn't calling out. But then again, what's the news there?
Make sure your mags are loaded and your hop-up is correctly adjusted bro.

Last edited by Swimmer; 11-14-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: 14 year-old GRAMMAARRRR!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 PM

Soothsayer is a Private
Overall it was a great game, I had a lot of fun rolling with squad bravo. The organization was great and the flow of the game was near perfect.

On the subject of calling hits, I know in quite a few instances, bb's were falling short of their targets by only a few feet when the shooter did not know this. This caused the shooter to believe that their target wasn't calling their hits, and this happened a lot.
Another frequent occurrence was that someone would get shot, but they would either not call their hit loud enough, causing them to be shot more, or they would not get their rag out fast enough. Both caused confusion, and both caused them to get shot more.
Point is that if you get shot, call it loud and get your rag out pronto. I don't like shooting someone more than I need to.

(09:54:52) sticks: i am the straight booty warrior

(14:36:21) Agent_Spencer: I mean I was helping old ladies cross the street by punching them.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 PM

Bearcat is a Private
The game was fun. Thanks go out to SPEAR and to everybody that showed up to play. Everybody seemed to be having a good time and the sportsmanship was excellent. I can, however, only speak for what I witnessed myself. I will speak on behalf of my entire team in saying we enjoyed the heck out of being the terrorists, and the times we worked with green directly it seemed to go well.

For those that are complaining about people not calling their hits, it happens... on every side. Best thing to do is to call your own hits, you are the only person you can control, and if everybody does it then nobody has anything to worry about.

My only complaint was that we needed not even five more minutes on the night op... Oh well, that can be the one that got away.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 PM

Panda is a Private
Who was the guy that got volleyed by about 10 greens (including me) around 4:50? he was tan and he tried to do something that involved crossing a large amount of open ground. I'm pretty sure everyone took out their frustration on him. heck, I almost pulled out the 203 shell, but that would have been overkill... plus he ran back screaming like a hyena priceless.

I didn't know anyone was in a car accident, thank God they were okay.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
Thanks to everyone for coming out, we can't keep hosting events without you guys. We will make it more clear during the briefing next time to make sure these issues don't keep happening.

On that note, who were the guys I crawled up on behind the Grocery store and tower during the first night mission? I saw some extremely poor hit calling. Just know that I can hear it smack your chest when I shoot you, just because you don't know where someone is, doesn't mean you don't have to call it.

But I'm ok, Colossus is ok and Reverseflank is ok after the accident. We're all good to go.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM

colossus is a Private
Send a message via AIM to colossus
Thank you to all who came out and made this a great day(and night) of Airsoft! It is true there was an accident that Son of Liberty, ReverseFlank and Myself where involved in. Everyone including the other driver came out with no more than a bruise or scratch. However we did not let this keep us from going to this fantastic game!

Thank you to Jack not only for coming and picking us up but also for Planning and organizing this game. You're amazing bro!

Thank you to Garry for having us out again and for donating the pistol, it's always a pleasure to come out to red dragon!

Timnis, Phoenix, Zach, Kittens, Roboscout, Haystack. Great seeing you guys again and thanks for the many lulz.

As far as game play went, I did encounter some cheating. I had those people who do not call their hits, granted I understand some may not always realize when they are actually hit. However what I encountered was just ridiculous, not only did these guys get hit and react to the bb's hitting them, but you either shot back, just walked away or just ignored it all together. There was also the instance where I hit a player and they actually called their hit, pulled their red rag and walked behind a building "spawned" then came back out and shot me. For those of you who don't know or maybe have not taken the time to read the rules proper before a game. THIS IS NOT OK! Airsoft is a game of respect and honor, with out honor for the game and the others playing there really is no point in playing. So please follow the rules and honor those who play.

-Albert Einstein

WARNING! Sarcasm in use.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 AM

Lurch is a Recruit Private
thanks to spear for hosting its always fun and thanks to CY6 for me run with you guys and for useing the saw.best thing of the night was bang banging 2 tan in the 1st flore of the com tower.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Diesel is a Private
fun game. i couldn't see a thing during the night ops though lol
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
Great game S.P.E.A.R! The mini op. in the morning was very fun, even though my gun was shooting funky I guess I just needed to get all the silicon out of my mags considering it shot fine in the second part of the day.

@ X-Ray: Blackhawk and I also dealt with some tan not calling hits. We even saw a BB curve and hit the guy in the crotch, then he flinched, grabbed his junk, moved behind the coms tower and tried to return fire again. I will admit that you can see the BBs coming and move, but when its that obvious, come on!

If anyone was near (or down range from) me when I had my Multicam QD suppressor on my gun and heard it fire, I would love to know how quite it was! Any info would be great!

Overall great game! I can't wait for the next! Will the next be in-between Black Ops and Call of Duty 4?

Last edited by Italian; 11-15-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Assassin_Mouse_Girl is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival View Post
Mouse girl, I'm sorry but I wasn't scared by you during the zombie game. You gotta step your scare tactics up.
Haha You know why your weren't pissing your pants? It's because I didn't even get to be a zombie since I was of the last survivors. I was only a zombie for a few seconds T_T

Twas a sad day at red dragon when mouse made no boy cry.

By the way, I had a lot of good times at Double Whammy! As I always do at Red Dragon. A shout out to my Maelstrom brothers! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCHES XD!!!!! What a great day we had just making things harder for other teams. Though we were hiding out in a trench in the dark for what seemed like ever we still got some very good laughs out of that one. And anotherone in the creek trench as Tans were walking right over us wondering why we were there?
Tan Kids: Are You guys dead
Maelstrom:No, Are you?
Tan Kids: No.
Maelstrom: *All guns point to them* NOT FOR LONG!!!!
Tan Kids: *Run like hell*

Oh my favorite moment was the very end of the night at the zombie game. Me and Raptor were camping out in one of the buildings, still alive and a zombie dude peeks his head over the window, I point my gun and yell BANG BANG! but he ignores my statement and shoots Raptor. I say "Hey dude I bang banged you!" The guy retaliates looking and talking to Zach. "You're across the room!" Then I wave my hands around as I'm siting on the floor hidden in the shadows. The guy looks down and then states. "Oh wow I'm sorry you were like crouching tiger hidden dragon on me! I was wondering why the dude was talking like a girl!"

And a shout out to "guy with grenade launcher" Dude you are my hero. Just watching you run around the field getting shot at trying to work the launcher yelling "THIS IS NOT WORKING!" Was the highlight of my day!

And yes agreeing with other posts on the calling your hits issue and bang bang rules. But as long as your following the rules the game should go great!

Last edited by Assassin_Mouse_Girl; 11-16-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Natron is a Recruit Private
good times were had by all

and if someone doesn't call their hits, i don't get mad, i get to shoot them more!!!!

Future Medic's weapon:
http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1199...rsoft-gun.aspx

Multi-Scam!

Formally Medic, but now Natron, but I'm still Medic... I'm the guy formally known as Medic, "in a very real, and legally binding sense"
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM

ilvfly is a Private
Send a message via AIM to ilvfly Send a message via Yahoo to ilvfly
Had a blast. Twas amazing to see snipe, who i havent seen since my first years of airsoft. Maelstrom was amazing as always. Some of you guys go to UC correct? we need to party. And def wasnt expecting an invite to join a baller team. So great day. Good people. Good event. I LUFF YOU GUYS!

HOOT
"when I get home people'll ask me,'hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?' Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand it's about the man next to you, and that's it. That's all it is."

---1st Sargeant Norman Hooten

Rangers lead the way. All the way!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Kitten is a Private
Are there any more pictures from Saturday?

From a place you do not see comes a sound you will not hear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: