Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Wilk is a Private
make sure the cylinder is pushed onto the cylinder head enough if it is just a little to far back then the gearbox won't close
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Tactical Ginger has been Court Martialled
Okay I think everythings good! I tapped both end with a screwdriver and then it kinda worked into place just like that. Test fired it and everything seems good, I checked the bevel and pinion after that for any more wear and I couldn't find any.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Mechanicali98 is a Private
Great man! Enjoy

Airsoft Auctions
Old 04-28-2012, 12:44 PM

Okay naturally it doesn't work after I put over an hour into putting it back together. I'm concerned about the sound it's making when it shoots now, it's a higher pitched loud sound that just doesn't sound right. And by time I had it all together the safety didn't work and there was a few leftover parts (I used the Evike tutorial).
Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM

Mechanicali98 is a Private
The high pitch is probably coming from the motor. The motor height needs to be adjusted. There are probably tons of tutorials on doing this on an m14. As far as the safety is concerned, isn't that on the outside of the gearbox? If so, you won't have to take the gearbox apart again whew

Airsoft Auctions
Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
The grinding may be a result of numerous things.

1.) Gear cut pattern could be different between CA and G&P gears causing uneven surface contact and wear. This is typical between mis-matched pinion-bevels or bevel-spur gears.
2.) Poor compatiblity with bushings/bearings or a damaged bushing/bearing.
3.) Improperly set motor height.
4.) A serious AOE problem.
5.) Loose material in the gearbox.

You will need to experiment on your own to determine the problem. This should help you start.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM

Okay thanks a lot guys! I think I'm gonna see if some of my friends who know what they're doing wanna have a go at it but I'm staring to think it may be good just to order a complete G&P M14 gearbox for this thing. I'll probably just the rest as spare parts but we'll see.

As for the motor height adjustments
This is what the motor housing looks like (center) minus that black cap on the end, there is no way that I can see of tightening it.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 PM

Okay sorry for the necro post but I have a few updates..

New gearbox and motor came in, had issues soldering it but it went together fine and test fired fine. I get the body all put back on and when I got to shoot it on Semi it works like a dream besides a slightly tough trigger. Then on Full auto it will shoot as long as I hold the trigger in but after I let go it wont shoot until a few more trigger pulls. Earlier it was just shooting bursts on auto, then 1 shot, then a long stream.

It kind of varies I guess. I'm guessing this is a problem with the selector/trigger (since the trigger isn't as soft as it once was) it shoots like a dream though besides the full auto problem.

EDIT: it appears as though one of the springs working on the trigger isn't tight enough, but then the gun started to barely half cycle which then lead to the wires getting very hot and I didn't let it get further then that. Naturally I messed it up somehow but I'm not sure if my batteries blown now or if the gearbox is locked up or maybe the wiring/soldering is shot.

EDIT2: So it appears I put the wrong screw in one area (to long) and it went into the spring when when fired got it all caught and now the screw is stripped which leaves me with no visible way to get into the gearbox and get the spring on track and screw out.

EDIT3: I'm using the shell from my other G&P gearbox since there's a stripped screw sticking through the other one. Now I'm just having the same problems as before, the air nozzle doesn't have any tension and just sits there and the gearbox wont close.

Last edited by Tactical Ginger; 05-08-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Tags
contact, g&p, gearbox, m14, whurring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: