Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-10-2013, 05:43 PM

79stang is a Private
Any idea on mission sets?

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 12-10-2013, 06:22 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
Any idea on mission sets?
Do you mean the objectives themselves, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:10 PM

79stang is a Private
Just an idea of the type and maybe tempo of operations. I know the field will physically limit the tempo because of size.

I know we will likely get full warnos on site, just looking for Intel.

Also is there a roster?

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Just an idea of the type and maybe tempo of operations. I know the field will physically limit the tempo because of size.

I know we will likely get full warnos on site, just looking for Intel.

Also is there a roster?
As far as objectives go: The HQ areas are going to be around 3/4 of the field apart from each other. Obviously, its not going to be constant trigger time. The first 3 hours or so will mostly be recon, getting bearings, building up patrol bases, etc. As it gets darker, the objectives will probably be conducive to more contact. Teams are going to cross paths. Late morning will probably have a couple big firefights.

As far as downtime goes, you're not going to have much while the game is going on. We're planning to have multiple objectives for each team at all times, and have added some extras for insurance. This doesn't mean constant fighting, though. Quite a few objectives don't necessarily entail fighting at all, unless you run into someone.

CO's are going to given a list of objectives, the day of the game, which go along with each period of the game. The admins will just let the CO's know when to start the next section.

Currently, we don't have a player roster, as registration hasn't opened yet. We've been going off of PM's and RSVP's to estimate attendance thus far.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 PM

Raziel is a Private
Couple questions:

1: Any ETA on player packets, faction forums, etc?

2: Will there be any of the amenities that we enjoyed at Artemis such as Norris' super-tent and troop transport?

-Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller
Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 PM

viper is a Private
I can answer question one for you, player packs will be sent out to those on the roster. How you get on the roster is you pre pay. Pre pay should be opening up here soon.

I do believe there will be a Rebels and a US group made somewhere once players start to register.

As for question two, I am going to say no. I was not there so not 100% on what you are talking about but I am still going to say no. You will be doing lots of walking. Or skiing if you like doing it that way in the snow.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Raziel is a Private
I'll just plan on paving the way with frozen tears.

-Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller
Old 12-12-2013, 09:14 AM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
I'll just plan on paving the way with frozen tears.
Just as a general note to everyone, if you have a vehicle you are thinking of bringing on to the field, you will need to get it approved by Mothman, as it is his field.

Someone asked on facebook whether they could bring skis to get around if there is snow on the ground. I don't think there is any reason you can't, as long as you realize you are responsible for the skis and the safety of yourself and others while using them.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Ruffy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed2014 View Post
Just as a general note to everyone, if you have a vehicle you are thinking of bringing on to the field, you will need to get it approved by Mothman, as it is his field.

That'll most likely be a event day decision. Also there is only one main path so vehicle use will be limited. I'd prep for walking.

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Would it be possible to update the first post in this thread with the name of the staff?! I see answers being given by several people and I am not sure if it is from legit staff/EO or by people who think they got the answer(s).

Thank you

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 PM

79stang is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
That'll most likely be a event day decision. Also there is only one main path so vehicle use will be limited. I'd prep for walking.

But the Jeep can go anywhere!

Seriously, pack light, but don't skimp on what you need.

"breaks out stair master"

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 12-12-2013, 12:26 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Couple questions:

1: Any ETA on player packets, faction forums, etc?

2: Will there be any of the amenities that we enjoyed at Artemis such as Norris' super-tent and troop transport?
Player packs are likely going to be out this weekend. We'll be sending them out to prepaid players and CoC members.

I think Neil Adamson is bringing one of those big surplus HQ tents, but is charging a food tax for people to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Would it be possible to update the first post in this thread with the name of the staff?! I see answers being given by several people and I am not sure if it is from legit staff/EO or by people who think they got the answer(s).

Thank you
Original listing edited. I don't think anyone has answered questions without authority.

Thank you for the concern.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 12-12-2013, 01:36 PM

viper is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Thank you
It is at the bottom of the first post in the tread.

Quote:
EO List:
Midwest MilSim Staff - P_y_r_o, BigRed2014, Viper, SZak416

Field Staff:
Midwest MilSim and Out of the Box Industries
Old 12-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Thank you guys.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 PM

viper is a Private
So there has been some confusion on the kit requirements for US. I am going to see if I can't clear this up. If you want me to do this for the Russians/Rebels let me know and I will.

If you are running with the US side.

Full BDU or combat set of Multicam, M81, DCU, Despat, Marpat, AOR1/2, or PCU's. Black, tan or grey cold-weather tops are allowable in conjuction with BDU or PCU bottoms.

I think everyone understands this. If you show up wearing a camo that isn't on this list and want to be US you will be turned away.

Plate Carriers - Ex. MBAV, EPC, SPC, CPC, JPC, 6094, etc. No tac vests.
Chest Rigs - Ex. 1961, RACK, RRV, etc.
Helmets- MICH, Ops-Core, ACH. May be substituted for a suitable ball cap or beanie if desired.

When we have this gear list, these are the real names of real items from companies like Crye Precision, Eagle Industries, Paraclete, London Bridge Trading, etc. We do not expect people to go out and buy this stuff. We are saying that wearing your Multicam with those Matrix TF3 High Speed Body Armor isn't going to fly. We did not restrict the gear to only the newest most high speed items, anything that is used by current US forces is good to go, and any brand works, it doesn't have to be one listed above. As long as it is not in the color black or a tac vest. Those are the two major things that are a serious no go.

As far as the helmets go, we are not saying you need a new helmet or must have one. If you want to wear one go ahead, if you only want a beanie or hat go right ahead. Or skin head if you feel the need.

If you guys have ANY questions about the gear, ask before you decide you can't go. I really do not mind to clear things up or answer any questions you have regarding this.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:17 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
When we have this gear list, these are the real names of real items from companies like Crye Precision, Eagle Industries, Paraclete, London Bridge Trading, etc. We do not expect people to go out and buy this stuff. We are saying that wearing your Multicam with those Matrix TF3 High Speed Body Armor isn't going to fly. We did not restrict the gear to only the newest most high speed items, anything that is used by current US forces is good to go, and any brand works, it doesn't have to be one listed above. As long as it is not in the color black or a tac vest. Those are the two major things that are a serious no go.
To emphasize this: Real, brand-name gear is not a requirement.

What IS required is at least a reproduction of a piece of gear in current use by the US military. This means Flyye, Pantac, Condor, etc. are all good to go as long as they at least resemble a piece of real gear. Very few pieces of gear will be denied, as long as they're the right color (basically not black), and aren't blatantly unrealistic. As a general rule, if it's MOLLE compatible, and made by one of the companies listed above, it should be acceptable. However, always PM one of the EO's if you have a question. Better to ask now then show up and have to borrow someone else's extra stuff.

This requirement will never change for our events, and we will always welcome players with reproduction gear. Not everyone wants to or can spend money on real gear. We understand this, and still value your attendance and want you to check us out. Alienation is not our goal here, despite what some may think.

However, what will change is in the future, we are looking into adding a more heavily regulated faction to each team to provide another level to our events, for those who wish to participate at that level.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 12-13-2013, 08:10 PM

jbart0852 is a Private
So........ Who wants to complete the man card challenge with me at this game? Build your own shelter and stay on the field all night?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:38 PM

79stang is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbart0852 View Post
So........ Who wants to complete the man card challenge with me at this game? Build your own shelter and stay on the field all night?
Bring a sleep system and you don't need to build anything. I'm bringing my tent as a luxury item.

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 12-13-2013, 10:26 PM

Ruffy is a Private
Quote:
Bring a sleep system and you don't need to build anything. I'm bringing my tent as a luxury item.
Didn't you have a sleep system plus Rygar's bag, a shelter and still nearly froze at Artemis?

Mothman and I building our shelter on the field and staying the night lol

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 12-13-2013, 10:46 PM

79stang is a Private
No I had a Walmart sleeping bag rated for 30 degrees. Hence why I bought one for this year.

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Didn't you have a sleep system plus Rygar's bag, a shelter and still nearly froze at Artemis?

Mothman and I building our shelter on the field and staying the night lol
Actually, I heard from the man himself that you and Jonah are going to be toasty in a Jeep the entire game.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 AM

Ruffy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post
Actually, I heard from the man himself that you and Jonah are going to be toasty in a Jeep the entire game.
Not if we're in my jeep. I run a wind jammer and bikini top year round. If you're decently knowledgable about jeeps.. You'll it's the exact opposite of toasty warm in the winter.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
My jeep is the warm one
Old 12-14-2013, 11:16 PM

Mothman is a Private
Your jeep is the fake one.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
But its warm

Tags
#kmartartemis, #russianbutthurt, actual milsim, allahu potat, bb war heroes, capitalism and democracy, cold, davai, fake jeeps, hato in ground, hato must die, i/g, many realism, midwest, milsim, much walking, nato stronk, panda is a sex monster, printer needs a tag, pyro loves panda, remove kebab, such milsim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: