Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Airsoft Ohio Co-Founder

Wallace is a Private First Class
AAR: Operation Blind Fury 10

Just got back in town, great game and glad to see a lot of new faces while meeting up with old friends!

I am still uploading images but this one takes the cake, so here it is!!

(Note: Don't try this!!!!!)

W.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Airsoft Ohio Co-Founder

But thank god all is well thereafter...

Cheers!!

W.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Mallets is a Private
This game sucked, oh wait I didn't go...

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Airsoft Ohio Co-Founder

Photos are now on our page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=99dce39d91

Also, Tag yourself and all your friends! You have to "Like" ZShot's fan page before you can tag photos, but after a couple week we plan to randomly pick a few lucky guys from the tagged photos and send out free gifts. ;-)

Now get to work!!!

W.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 PM

Jonezy is a Private
It was fun.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 AM

The_Gecko is a Private
Ditto. Green was the king of sneaky effin' ambushes.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 AM

79stang is a Private
I had a blast, more to come.

Ok here is my AAR...

First off I had a blast! This was my second Blind Fury and I honestly think it was more fun than last year (of course this year my garage didnt burn down this year). I had a great time running with Willis and all of Blizzard. Thanks to Blade and Strikers, you did an awesome job as always.

A special shout out to the rest of Blizzard, it was my first time running with the team as a member. You made Willis and I feel welcome and you guys know how to fight hard and play harder. The vehicle you all put together was epic. It was very functional, but it also had the super cool factor. My only question is, when are you going to build another?

I was rocking the Blue Jeep and was basically a transport running Tan CO around all day. I wanted to build a crow system, but maybe next year. Green you did a good job at using rockets, also because I was basically defenseless we got hit a few times, but not as much as last year. I will say that if you hit a vehicle with a rocket, you hafta be willing to walk up to the driver. We got hit twice (first hit so we were moving) and I literally had no clue. Also, on the air field we were doing loops around and you guys have got to watch your six. Tan CO was rocking the M60 for that and he got a lot of people because you didnt get behind cover. If you were watching us, we didnt put the window down to shoot. So you learned, but it took a while.

The night game was epic. I loved my tracers, but if you dont have one, you need one. After seeing Faxon NVGs, my Gen 1s are nice, but I need 2+'s. Command broke down and hit calling was an issue, its the nature of the game, but we did take the Airfield before endex.

The day game was pretty similar, command seem to break down and it didnt help that we were out numbered by 80 people. As a note for admin, I might have changed a faction (didnt even know there were) or a vehicle to even out the game. There was plenty of hit calling issues, but any issue I had I was able to talk out pretty easily.

So, in closing I had a blast. Could the event have been better? Yes. I think the players mindset is what makes or breaks an event. The admins can only do so much. Its up to us. Do we change the age limits? I dont think age matters because Willis was 14 and had more of a milsim attitude than older members. I would like to see a voucher system. I would also like a 24 hour event.

A special shout out to Faxon. The power steering pump pully exploded as I was about to leave on the Jeep and he towed my *** back home, an hour out of his way. Plus he had the Roll Back to tow the Jeep and even disconnected the drive shaft to get me home. I was screwed without him. When we dropped the car off he even refused payment for fuel. Great guy, great team mate, and I truly thank him.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS

Last edited by 79stang; 08-25-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Ozone T20 is a Private
Shout out to those guys I walked with for an hour to flank and killed one guy! Still a great weekend!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 AM

55555 is a Private
Really fun and those who I encountered were great players.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
I will be the first "negative nancy" here on the replies. Dang...

First, I want to thank Franc and the several staff members (Yes, Chief, that means you!)for making this event happen. I also want to personally thank a few players and teams that helped my significant other and I keep our cool throughout the day. 79Stang, The BGSU team, members of LEAD, Shawn Zak, Phil Engler, Team Blizzard, and Team HOG. Thank you for all of your support.

Our team was having payment issues to start, and a couple staff members still let us through the night before. The event was very well thought out, and seemingly planned very well. Our timing and planning couldn't have been better. The drive was absolutely wonderful, and all was very well to start. Unfortunately, things went downhill in my experience very fast.

Please skip down to below if you would not like to read.

Starting with the night game, the Tropicos team was more than disoriented. They were uninformed, unplanned, and unable to effectively do much. A few team members and I were not correctly IFF by my own team and were FF 3 times in less than 20 minutes. Intel stated "capture airfield", and there was nothing told about any nuke, although half of us saw the event staff transport a large container of glowing liquid down to the Manibian base of operations. No two fireteams or platoons communicated, except for yelling (as well as myself being unable to locate, or even walk to, my own squad)

The first "real" unsportsmanlike conduct I had approached this night was many of the opposing firing through the top of the buildings. Whether they knew, or didn't, we experienced it and yelled for a ref for around 5 minutes or so. Unfortunately, one never came, and I was forced to get their attention some other way. Several of us cracked our green chems (for clearing rooms, of course...) and tossed them through the roof back at the direction of fire. Sure enough, a field ref came over and let us know that we were not allowed to toss any green chems, but ignored our complaints about the unsportsmanlike conduct. Fortunately, another field ref finally went up and let them know about their rule breaking. It was around 2320-2350 when this entire shenanigan happened, so a few of you may know. After this night game, I was a little frustrated and finally found my team. Lost a few things and also found out my gun was broken in the morning. Real bummer, but I shrugged this off, hoping the next day would be better.

Next day: Game on at 900, was more like "sit around and watch two entire platoons stand around for an hour". 2nd plt leader did not show up, and I also was voluntold to be 4th plt leader. I do understand mil-sim is NOT about trigger time, (or planning for that matter..) so I let it go. Now comes some frustration. The entire 4th plt and a couple stragglers from 2nd seemingly walked into Brown and commandeered the hospital with no resistance, and a small firefight broke out between a scout squad around an hour later, but that was the entire amount of action most of us saw all day; up until 1130 when a Manibian technical and some forces showed up. Here comes some more negativity.

This defense of Brown with only one, less effective AT proved fatal, and we (at least I) expected to lose Brown quickly when our only AT broke. Several members started complaining of some ground forces by the technical unable to call their hits, and I said to shoot them more, and to my dismay, witnessed the conduct just after a rocket came into 2nd floor and killed everybody. While our team assembled to get downstairs, several Manibian forces kept laying fire on our floor while players were getting up and putting rags on, and we all yelled we were dead (exiting hospital) like we should do. What still happened for the remaining 20 minutes? We were out of play, south of the hospital continuously getting shot while all of us were "waiting for respawn" with our rags on. I think I get shot more with that on, than off!

After this engagement, many of us decided to take a breather and head to lunch. Somebody up there has been practicing her cooking! Thank you for the three burgers I ate throughout the day.

Anyways, around 1300, a few of my squad members were transported into Gold City to meet up with 4th plt by 79stang. We met up, received and shared our intel, and ultimately started to make our way to the airfield to re-take it. Long story short: an entire platoon and two vehicles were held up for 20-30 minutes by 4 Manibian forces in a treelins (to where I can not attest for, but state that many members said hit them, and didn't call) There was more unsportsmanlike conduct coming out of my team, than I had previously expected. A few players tanked for a bit until we had to call them out ourselves.

Moving on, we attacked the airfield and lost (of course), but the entire 4th tan plt just kept getting pelted while waiting for bleed out. Many of us were shot from an easy 25-50 feet (face and upper torso) with plenty of BB to fill a bag. We were not alive and the Manibian force would not come upto clear buildings, but just pelt it. I also had a question about a full auto Fat Rambo firing at players located around a corner on other side of building with SAW. Allowed? Was not aware, and forgot to ask if it was.

Close to the end of my day, many of my plt members were making their way back to spawn, fired upon by more Manibian forces with no attention to red rags. We can't call our hits if we are already dead, and I had just about had it. After respawn, the BGSU and fragments of LEAD made our way to try to attack the airfield from South treeline before Endex, but were ambushed after some members fired upon some unsuspecting Manibians (who were supposedly "tanks" and shot at our dead members plenty of times) I had enough, and started back to spawn. Not ten feet walked, I was shot by a couple rounds and stated I was dead and clearly had my rag on. I was shot more times only a couple seconds later, only to turn around and clearly yell, "I am dead! Stop shooting in this direction, I am the only one here!" The third time, (yes, I was shot again!) I screamed the same thing, and was shot in the upper torso and face with at least half a magazine to a full magazine of BB from the trees. This conduct is not appreciated by any means, and I would like to know who would do something like this.

I had to quit the rest of the day (15:00) because I was already too irritated to experience this type of conduct, and would not like to experience it again. I expected much more out of this event, and normally the expectations are met, but not this time.

Skip to here:

As a disclaimer, these are not final examples of any kind by me, or others, so please keep butthurt to a minimum. Please ask me about more if you are interested

This event was by no means a large scale operation, but more of an open play with 500 players. The amount of effort put in by staff was amazing, and I have never had problems with Franc or STRIKERS, but the event conduct of players was exceedingly low and almost feral at some points in time. I come to play airsoft events like this for the community, and to have a good time, but my bad experience was just hopefully a misunderstanding by me towards event conduct. If not, I hope the community is happy about what this sport has become, and I will have to change to another hobby where there are honest people. (Yes, such an important player, lost, right?) Younger and younger kids are coming into this sport like it is paintball, and that needs to be changed by the veterans. To be able to change that, the veterans also need to set an an example for them. This was also my girlfriend's (Squirt) first large scale OP, and even she was surprised by the event conduct.

Overall, I would have had more fun at OPS like Crucible, due to the higher morality and honesty of players, along with the higher structure of missions and tactics. I am unhappy with the event experience in itself. Veterans like 79Stang and the entire STRIKERS team are desperately needed to play the example in what this sport is really about. I am just extremely happy to have Franc as an event organizer, because he's very understanding and is very individual and down to earth with what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things

Last edited by Flenner; 08-25-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Fat Rambo is a Private
i came, i saw, i kicked ***, chewed some bubble gum and took names. can be said for all of team RONIN!

--------------------------------------------------

Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 AM

Daxter is a Private
I will for sure be there next year. I haven't been to BF since Blind Fury 8

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 AM

BadgerTwoActual is a Private
i had fun no doubt me and 3 guys manged to sneak up on the entire green command there vehicle and tower by crawling threw brush that was my highlight.
thank you blade and staff for making this event happen i had alot fun!

but as terms of milsim this felt way more like a open play.
as of other things here some things id like to point out.

1. people(not everyone but alot) in tower on BOTH teams were being unsporting by shooting thru roofs, not taking there hits after people hit them in the face more time than we can count.* an official should pay WAY more attention to this since it affects the airfields play dramatically*

2. maturity and honor kinda went out alot peoples heads, shooting dead people when there kill rags are clearly on and not taking there hits are some examples.

3.the whole planning thing at beginning was good but execution was terrible.

4.toward mid late game people were alot people completely were ignoring the mil sim side (IE command structure, teamwork, objective focus, etc, etc)

5. night game friendly fire was everywhere. never doing a night game like this ever again.

6.action was good the amount of people showing up was good (thank you good sporters!)

7.the flied was great the pyro Technics and booms going on was badass

8. people who respected the milsim side I thank you!

9. we need more officials watching airfield play. and we need more players especially veteran players and older players to show more maturity towards the game friend and foe. it makes it a much better experience for everyone.

Last edited by BadgerTwoActual; 08-25-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM

Mallets is a Private
This seems like a bummer, open plays are fun but not worth ~¥30000 lol . Milsims need to be simulated military operations. And open plays are not that. I'd like to see well executed large scale milsims but every participant needs to be willing to be at the top of their game and follow rules and maintain moral. Blah blah blah. Everyone knows this but I feel like things don't change.

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Old 08-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Nforcer is a Private
i had a great time met alot people played with alot of different teams and like Blade as mentioned before many times, that field will wear you out! Only problem I had was with our leadership. I was on tan, when we got there friday night, we started gearing up and the green XO walking around greeting their guys and telling them where and what to do. Nothing like that on tan, I was wandering around with my son when I saw Blade and asked him what we were supposed to do. Apparently tan was meeting in the woods by the camping area for the briefing. we got there as the squad were heading into the AO and we joined up with squad 2-4. heading into the airfield in pitch black, intense... lots of FF, no one knew the challenge words, people got lost from their squad. I joined up with 2-1 for a bit then then some people from 1st pl. Saturday was much better, ran with Steppes and his guys on 4th platoon got overrun in browntown. after lunch we went to Gold City, I love playing in the gold city area, joined up with a new squad, can't remember their names. but it seemed by saturday afternoon, either everyone's radios had died because no one knew what was going on and with only about 45mins left we tried to make a push for the airfield.
I didn't see alot of obviously bad sportsmanship. but I did get hit alot with a red rag on and so did my sqadmates. game officials seemed to be around fairly frequently to check on us.

thanks Blade/strikers volunteer for letting us experience this awesome field at night and for all the prep work you guys put into getting it ready for providing me with a target rich environment
Old 08-25-2013, 01:48 PM

BioStare is a Private
I had a bunch of fun. I didn't really have any gameplay complaints from what others already said, (e.g. People just shooting and shooting and shooting, whether you were dead or not) except for one thing. It seemed, on Tan at least, that half of the forces had a Milsim attitude, and the other half more of an Open Play attitude.

Most people act as how the people around them are acting, so gameplay varied largely, from Squad to Squad. Regardless, it was super fun. I had no problems whatsoever with the staff, and they were on top of things and always ready to help. Thanks Blade, Team Strikers, and whoever else were staffing! I enjoyed a nice weekend of Airsoft.

So thus, BioStare means...absolutely nothing.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nforcer View Post
i had a great time met alot people played with alot of different teams and like Blade as mentioned before many times, that field will wear you out! Only problem I had was with our leadership. I was on tan, when we got there friday night, we started gearing up and the green XO walking around greeting their guys and telling them where and what to do. Nothing like that on tan, I was wandering around with my son when I saw Blade and asked him what we were supposed to do. Apparently tan was meeting in the woods by the camping area for the briefing. we got there as the squad were heading into the AO and we joined up with squad 2-4. heading into the airfield in pitch black, intense... lots of FF, no one knew the challenge words, people got lost from their squad. I joined up with 2-1 for a bit then then some people from 1st pl.

i agree with that should been more checks and rechecks, information given out, and more clearer leadership for the Friday game.

one of things that sucked about the night game is half of the leadership on tan team didn't even show up! how ya gonna plan if no one plans it? or some one plans it and dose not pass it on? next time there needs to be a little more information spread before anything gets going and not right as it begins or during.

Last edited by BadgerTwoActual; 08-25-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 PM

Ghost1186 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ghost1186
My fellow Kreigan and Manibian Countrymen, I am proud to announce that we are now free from our Tropican invaders. My brave Company was able to remove them from our lands, that being said many soldiers paid for your freedom with their lives and from this day forth we will remember August 24th as Kreigan/Manibian Independence Day!!!!

All that fluff outta the way, it was truly an honor leading the greenfor. All the teams that helped me and actually worked with me I am in your debt and the day goes to you for winning this game, not me. Team HOG, Urban Warrior, Raptor, STAT, SABRE, Phoenix, Ronin, 86th Ohio, the ENTIRE 2nd Platoon (all your crazy a$$ Indiana guys), Amped, ODA 502, TF-150, Thunder,Cougar,Falcon,Birds(thats 1 team...), Squad Leader Osprey (for taking all the stragglers and making an effective force), and a special thanks to the 2 Mod Squad guys that kept my a$$ alive during the night mission, that names I never got, you are all the reason why we won Blind Fury 10.

Now that being said onto the negative, every team whether on Tan or Green, that paid and showed up and disregarded the COC, you all disgust me and I hope you all stick to your little backyard games and open plays, because you are the ones who ruin the game for the people who actually care.

Flenner as for the SAW shooting in the airbase, the rule was amended ONLY for support weapons to be allowed to shoot full auto out of buildings, as long as their barrel was visible out of the building, now I do not know if Rambo was doing this properly, but none the less the rule did exist.

Being that I was in the airfield for most of both of the days, people were shooting into the roofs of buildings, but for what I saw only because we were being shot at from them, which is unfortunate and wrong for both sides, but during the night mission when I saw my guys doing it I told them to stop and the ones I was with did, and we passed it down throughout the tower.

I loved and hated the amount of people on the field, was it an amazing feeling to be in charge of an actually company? Yes, however I only had about 100ish outta 200+ people that actually listened to me, which made deployments and taking objectives difficult, but luckily for me those 100 people were da bomb...

I'd really like to see smaller games again, that have more experienced players playing against each other, just like in the good old days. 200 vs 200 is really cool, but we needed people to follow the COC, I hated giving an order to a group of guys, to have them stand there and look at me like "who the heck is this guy?" and one group I told to move out 3 times and the XO told them twice and thank God, the tanfor rolled in and shot those F-mooks which honestly made my day, because they were standing in the open when I told them to form a perimeter (I hope you idiots read this and take it to heart).

OK almost done ranting.... Now the thing that kills me most is why do people go to a big milsim game (main word milsim), and disregard COC? I remember the last event I hosted (Outbreak 3, gotta throw a shoot out) I heard people complaining about being zombies... and I was baffled that they came to a zombie event where in the first few lines on the rules I put everyone will be a zombie and WILL be shot a lot... Now how can we solve these issues gentlemen? Milsim games people don't like to follow orders so should we leave these games strictly to veteran teams? Or only allow small groups of new teams in and basically test their ability to follow orders?

Wow, that was the most I have ever typed out on AO....

Thank you Franc and all event staff you guys rocked, thank you Joker for picking me up and letting me get that water down to the field, you honestly saved 6 of my guys from severe dehydration.
Kurt and the Amped group thank you for letting me ride around in your awesome Humvee, which I enjoyed being a mobile Commander.
I will be back for the next series for sure.

Almost forgot.... BadgerTwoActual you guys were the closest to capturing me all day and I think I may have pooped myself when you came outta that tall grass.

Last edited by Ghost1186; 08-25-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Giving praise to some good tanfor
Old 08-25-2013, 03:18 PM

The_Gecko is a Private
I'd like to take a moment and talk a little about the difficulties/issues of running a SAW: Volume & Volume.

Volume: SAWs are loud. It's hard to hear something other than the motor whine + piston pounding. Some SAW gearboxes move the motor out of the handle and into the body: it's closer to your ear and therefore seems louder. My SAW generates a high pitch whine that is somewhere near the frequency of someone yelling "HIT!". I often have to depend on my team mates (who shoot less than I) to tell me when a non-visible target has yelled "hit".

Volume: We carry 1K to 5K rounds in our magazines. We are expected to send a volume of rounds towards the opposition; it's in our job description. My gun also doesn't have a semi-auto mode. Sometimes we can see the opposing forces and sometimes we can't. If my NCO tells me to put 300 rounds into a cloud of smoke or pile of brush because someone is dug in like an Alabama tick and keeping us from moving down the road, then yes sir. I was given those orders several times by Gunny from Indiana Spartan Airsoft.

This is not an excuse for poor trigger control and situational awareness. If I can see you take out your red rag or lower your weapon, then of course I'm going to stop shooting at you, but Springfield Hidden Ranch has some very dense brush.
* I shot at my own teammates because I couldn't identify their camo through the brush.
* I shot at the opfor that were wearing red rags because I saw movement, could identify the camo, could identify them as opfor, but couldn't see the red rag because my view of his head was obscured by low-hanging, thick-leaved, tree branches.
* I was stationed at the a southern corner of Gold City as a sentry. I took fire from a densely-foliaged hill side. Someone sent 10 rounds in, I answered with 100. I didn't know how many opfor were on the hill, so I sprayed rounds in that general vicinity. A teammate of mine told me to stop shooting, that he called himself out. The newly dead member of the green team came down off the hill and we discussed what just happened. He was extremely angry. I explained how loud my gun is, that I could not hear him yell 'hit'. I explained that his green camo blends in with the landscape really, really well; that he was for all intents and purposes, invisible. I explained that I could not identify how many green players were on the hill due to the thick foliage and good camo. He left my presence much calmer than when he walked off the hill to begin our discussion. ...Not two minutes after he left, his teammate, who was still on the hill, quiet and invisible, opened fire on me. I got him too.

In closing, I hope that everyone who has ever been on the receiving end of a SAW knows that we aren't trying to be d!cks; we just seem to be because it's our job.

Something I saw and didn't agree with: inappropriate dead rags. Someone on Tropicos had a bright green dead rag. Someone else on Tropicos had a dead rag that was red/black checkered like a shemagh. Both are highly inappropriate choices because they are not very noticeable when everyone on the field is taught to look for a red rag.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM

T271 is a Private
First Blind Fury I have been able to attend, and it was a lot of fun. I have the first bit of my video from the game up and will have a full 2 hour video tomorrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyYvH...ature=youtu.be

Airsoft music videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/09kesler/videos
Old 08-25-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1186 View Post
Now that being said onto the negative, every team whether on Tan or Green, that paid and showed up and disregarded the COC, you all disgust me and I hope you all stick to your little backyard games and open plays, because you are the ones who ruin the game for the people who actually care.

I loved and hated the amount of people on the field, was it an amazing feeling to be in charge of an actually company? Yes, however I only had about 100ish outta 200+ people that actually listened to me, which made deployments and taking objectives difficult, but luckily for me those 100 people were da bomb...

I'd really like to see smaller games again, that have more experienced players playing against each other, just like in the good old days. 200 vs 200 is really cool, but we needed people to follow the COC, I hated giving an order to a group of guys, to have them stand there and look at me like "who the heck is this guy?" and one group I told to move out 3 times and the XO told them twice and thank God, the tanfor rolled in and shot those F-mooks which honestly made my day, because they were standing in the open when I told them to form a perimeter (I hope you idiots read this and take it to heart).

OK almost done ranting.... Now the thing that kills me most is why do people go to a big milsim game (main word milsim), and disregard COC? I remember the last event I hosted (Outbreak 3, gotta throw a shoot out) I heard people complaining about being zombies... and I was baffled that they came to a zombie event where in the first few lines on the rules I put everyone will be a zombie and WILL be shot a lot... Now how can we solve these issues gentlemen? Milsim games people don't like to follow orders so should we leave these games strictly to veteran teams? Or only allow small groups of new teams in and basically test their ability to follow orders?

Almost forgot.... BadgerTwoActual you guys were the closest to capturing me all day and I think I may have pooped myself when you came outta that tall grass.
tell me about it! during the night game i tried to step up and take 1st platoon(what was there at least) and 3rd attached(to the phantom guys in 3rd thanks for being badass) but i had same situation people just in total disregard to people like "i dont know why hes yelling to me to move up, but im gonna sit here and watch what happens."

as for that ambush thats why teamwork rocks and have good noise discipline(im looking at you night gamers!)...And that guy who transitioned to his pistol and reacted by shooting me in the face that was badass to even tho it hurt like a *****.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 PM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1186 View Post
Flenner as for the SAW shooting in the airbase, the rule was amended ONLY for support weapons to be allowed to shoot full auto out of buildings, as long as their barrel was visible out of the building, now I do not know if Rambo was doing this properly, but none the less the rule did exist.
I did just get some clarification after reading the rules to the N', and would like to apologize for any misunderstanding. I was not aware of the rule change, and commend my previous team-mate Rambo for following the rule closely. He did do exactly what was said. I even remember him stating "I am allowed to use this SAW, and I am also not afraid to!" Thank you for clarifying that, but like I have stated before..I think many of us are on the same page on the other things I stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 PM

Vendetta is a Private
First time at this event, i was pleased with the overall function of the event. Everybody i ran in to acted professional and with a mature attitude. Most conflicts i witnessed were quickly resolved by staff or other players. Really the only gripe i had was people firing on dead ragged players. Personally while walking to lunch unarmed dead ragged and hands up, i received a heavy spray from somewhere in the woods. But it is all good, there was low vision through the brush. I Enjoyed every second of it though (except the night game because Tinted ESS lenses+Poor vision as it is+flashlight mount broke=no fun) but i enjoyed every blister, scrape, and scratch i got throughout the day fighting with my airsoft brothers. It was an honor gentlemen.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:43 PM

Yost93 is a Private
Had a great time with both the night and day game. At the start of the night game my six guys got split up on the SouthWest portion of the airfield and we ended up just running with whoever was around us and clearing building. Everyone I ran with were professional and willing to help whenever needed. However, I had the best time during the day game holding back tan assaults with Wrecking Crew and a couple other groups on the SouthEast side of the airfield. Great group of guys that converged to our position with each failed Tan Assault. Overall, had a great time and it was pleasure serving with my fellow GreenFor and under Ghost's command.

@The_Gecko, that was my guy you had the discussion with about the SAW firing. When he explained the situation to us, he was much more understanding and relaxed so no bad blood there or anything.

@Ghost, after going on the ghost-proclaimed **** mission to FireBase Alpha and crawling through a couple hundred feet of undergrowth to get into recon position we have changed our name to the much shorter Team Septic.
Overall fun event and definitely not our last.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:54 PM

Fowler is a Private
The Widowmakers were tasked with a set of Tier 1 special operations. Tier 1 consisted of an SAS element (2 squads, Widowmakers and 6mm), German KSK, Canadian Special Forces and North Korean Special Forces all operating independently. Each had no official side although slick tactics got us almost everything we needed.

Mission: Gather intel and ultimately find components for a tactical nuke. The morning mission had us working with the 6mm SAS squad to find and deliver unknown ordnance from the Tropicos to the Kriegers. That mission was nearly a failure as the Tropicos didn’t want to give us the package. There was lots of “playing both sides to the middle” to quote Saber.

The afternoon had us hunting for the nuke and it’s components. Without all 3, the bomb was useless. Along with the Canadians, we were able to locate the nuke but it was missing the detonator and the cable interface. Upon further intel, we learned that the North Koreans might have what we needed but that it wasn’t going to be easy. They were working for the highest bidder and well, that wasn’t us. After a long fire fight and some pocket stuffing, they finally gave up the cable interface. Upon some further prodding, the North Koreans informed us that they did indeed know the location of the detonator but unfortunately, we were short on cash and they wouldn’t take a cheque. Guess the Queen’s credit wasn’t good enough... Endex.

Smmary and final thoughts.
The day mostly consisted of patrolling from one end of the field to the other, then back again with little trigger time. It was a different twist on how to get other elements involved besides using the usual contractors and mercs. While we would have liked a little more action, we appreciated what Blade was trying to do. With the intel from this operation and a little more planning, we are hoping that this could develop into something pretty cool. I could see us excelling at this type of subterfuge.

Last edited by Fowler; 08-25-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Tags
panda is a sex monster, remove other tag

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: