Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Regan is a Private
What are the restrictions to being allowed to have a vehicle? Cause being 17 I imagine I'd have to wait for another year at least?

IF this is posted somewhere else in this thread, I apologize. With as many pages as there are, and being on an iPod touch its a bit tedious... Especially while I'm at work

Thanks!
Regan

Sent from my TI-84 texas instrument.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 AM

PC590 is a Private
Just hope the squad you get stuck with has the ability to take out the "light armored" vehicles, so start planning now.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 AM

nhviper is a Private
Send a message via AIM to nhviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
My opinion is if no one on your side brings one, why should we be pentilized for it? That would be like saying "Well you have more grenades, support weapons, or M203's then the other side so you cant use them." Why should we be pentilized because we are more prepared and organised?
Ok, you make a valid point. But that seriously takes away from the game. There is a point when it becomes unfair and then team A gets angry at team B and the whole thing goes downhill.

While its great team B brings 7 jeeps/trucks, if team A only has 1-2 or even NONE.... It's not fun for team A! Team B will just roll around with 9 guys in the back of each vehicle and mow A down, over and over and over. Even if A has a ton of rockets, we all know it doesn't work well (vehicle rules that is). People don't follow them. Shoot the driver and he still drives off. Make way more strict rules for vehicles and their operators and find a way to enforce them. Or, in my opinion use vehicles for transport only. Or better yet walk and leave the vehicles in the parking lot unless they are actual military vehicles.

"Airsoft isn't black and white, its more of shades of gray and then some damn fool throws a pink hello kitty into your pallet and you're left wondering 'where tha' f**k did that come from?'"
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
Or invest in vehicles and stop whining? Not our fault as posted before. Green always has player size advantage every year anyway. And I mean many more. So it's only fair we have more vehicles to act as a handicap to even the odds. If u don't like either option don't come. Less players I have to hear whine the better. Life isn't fair.
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Don't worry guys, Looks like if tan is showing up with 7 vehicles (just guessing), Green might have the "TANK" on their side this year .....

and yes, rules will be different than last year.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM

nhviper is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden45424 View Post
Or invest in vehicles and stop whining? Not our fault as posted before. Green always has player size advantage every year anyway. And I mean many more. So it's only fair we have more vehicles to act as a handicap to even the odds. If u don't like either option don't come. Less players I have to hear whine the better. Life isn't fair.
Why don't you listen to both sides of an argument before you start bashing in thread.

Maybe the other side would like to have fun at the game as well.

"Airsoft isn't black and white, its more of shades of gray and then some damn fool throws a pink hello kitty into your pallet and you're left wondering 'where tha' f**k did that come from?'"
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Ok, so obviously I have some vested interest in making Tan team as prepared as possible, but here's a few thoughts.

nhviper, assuming that vehicle drivers won't follow the rules is a poor reason to give in claiming that vehicles are so powerful. Ruffy and I (ok, just Ruffy) have been coming with safety procedures and reasonable vehicle destruction rules such that it is reasonable for a squad positioned off of the beaten path to disable a jeep and potentially stop the whole convoy. Foam rockets on your m203 are not hard to get, and neither are pvc-powered nerf launchers. The biggest issue is the noise of the vehicle and the driver understanding that a hit has taken place. If you nail the jeep with a rocket and yet is still moves, be a gentleman, put on your red rag and notify the driver that the hit has occurred. Passengers in the vehicles should also be on the lookout for rockets and will notify the driver accordingly as well.

Now, the more basic issue at play here is the issue of what players get to do with their own private property when they attend a game. They are certainly not staff members, though at the same time I understand that we all want to have a fun time, and one team completely destroying the other has the potential to effect how players enjoy the game. Ruffy and I have been operating under the assumption that he gets to use his own jeeps for whichever team he wants. Ruffy is not a staff member or event organizer for Blind Fury. He is a member of tan team and wants to use his jeeps that he has dedicated a ridiculous amount of time fixing... and has also spent time with G2 vehicle training ops precisely so that he can be the best asset to Tan team as he can.

Proposed solution: There are more ways to limit the combat effectiveness of the vehicles than transforming them into transport staff props or telling the vehicle owners what they can or cannot do with their very expensive toys (safety rules aside obviously). I suggest that Green team (if they do indeed end up with a significant vehicle disadvantage has the ability to deploy "road blocks." These will be very obvious props (something that looks like a tank stopper with a red flag on it?) that they can place on the roads. Tan will be forced to stop, dismount, and remove the obstacle (maybe include a timer so they have to hold it for 30 second or a minute before moving the prop) before they can continue on that path. Perfect time for a Green ambush, wouldn't you say?

With this solution, I think everybody wins. Thoughts? Improvements?

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Side note: Blade, I think my solution is more reasonable than giving Green a "tank" since rules will stay consistent for all vehicles and there will be less player confusion.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 AM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
I suggest that Green team (if they do indeed end up with a significant vehicle disadvantage has the ability to deploy "road blocks." These will be very obvious props (something that looks like a tank stopper with a red flag on it?) that they can place on the roads. Tan will be forced to stop, dismount, and remove the obstacle (maybe include a timer so they have to hold it for 30 second or a minute before moving the prop) before they can continue on that path. Perfect time for a Green ambush, wouldn't you say?
I think that is the perfect solution to the problem of "unfair" vehicle distribution. For the many reasons that it still allows people to right to use THEIR personal property the way THEY choose, and it's realistic, to a gorilla force facing an army. This is a milsim right?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM

nhviper is a Private
In no way am I assuming people won't follow the rules Sky. But I have been around long enough to know that the more rules you give people the more rules they don't read. Hopefully this Blind Fury will prove me wrong though and more than 60% of the people will even glance at the packet that Blade provides.

And yes I do like the rule for the "road block".

And just one more thing to clarify, I don't mind the use of vehicles just as long as the rules are followed and there absolutely has to be a change to them before Blind Fury (driver hits, amount of passengers, shooting from, shooting into, etc...) Cover everything so that there aren't any questions to what happens next when scenario X occurs to a vehicle.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhviper View Post
Ok, you make a valid point. But that seriously takes away from the game. There is a point when it becomes unfair and then team A gets angry at team B and the whole thing goes downhill.

While its great team B brings 7 jeeps/trucks, if team A only has 1-2 or even NONE.... It's not fun for team A! Team B will just roll around with 9 guys in the back of each vehicle and mow A down, over and over and over. Even if A has a ton of rockets, we all know it doesn't work well (vehicle rules that is). People don't follow them. Shoot the driver and he still drives off. Make way more strict rules for vehicles and their operators and find a way to enforce them. Or, in my opinion use vehicles for transport only. Or better yet walk and leave the vehicles in the parking lot unless they are actual military vehicles.
Viper your point is valid and speaking with my EO hat on (obviously not for this event) vehicles add a killer dimension to the game as well as concerns. Overbalance does make green work harder and there it may make the day more difficult but I am under the assumption that with a field the size of Springfield and the ability to use vehicles to enhance the realism of the game why would you leave those behind?

The storyline for Tan if memory serves is the Tropicos with no country and so they are invading the Green areas right? Just following the story it would make perfect sense for Tan to have lots of mobile assets.

I also have to agree with Sky in that the players bringing the vehicles for the event are bringing their own private property with the expectation of being able to control it. It is like telling a PTW user to leave their gun at home because it outdistances the other Echo 1's on the field and makes it unfair. Just my .02
Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM

Wrath the Furious is a Private
Might have to bring my m203 with 6 grenade rounds. Looks like I will need two or three anti-vehicle rounds

Fuhrer King Bradley (Wrath): "It's almost poetic...two nameless men, fighting to the death."
Ain't no rest for the wicked, till we close our eyes for good.
OSU Airsoft / Team T.O.A.S.T.

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 05-09-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM

LastPatton is a Private
I would have to agree that mobile vehicles should be allowed regardless to which side their on to participate as long as the specific rules are defined and followed involving vehicles, drivers, passengers, and respawn distance/time.

Im not going to go into what I think the rules should be for vehicles since this is not my event but I will abide by them no matter what side I'm playing on. I believe this should be the attitude of all players on the field.

Last edited by LastPatton; 05-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 PM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
Havent been to a Blind fury since 4 and 5. Definatly looking forward to this, the canadian sure knows how to throw a party.

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Tankleader is a Private
All, when can we expect the link for payments for the event to appear?

Tanks
Andy
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM

Ruffy is a Private
This is supposed to be the premier event in Ohio, this isn't a run of the mill open play... your paying good money to be here. Prepare for it. Already this year I've spent money and time to prepare my guys and vechicles to be top notch, to a have safe and fun time. If you can't prepare to be at the calibre of play that should be Blind Fury, you shouldn't be there and complaining about the people who do. I understand that airsoft is fun and should be. Do I enjoy beating the opppostion mercilessly, no. I much rather fight tooth and nail knowing that I did what I could to prepare for it. No matter how you spin it Airsoft is a combative sport, the more skills and assets you have the better you'll do. Instead of complaining about how unfair it could be and trying to limit the others so you can have a fair fight.. how about preparing for what you might encounter?

As I said before Blind Fury is labeled as the biggest annual Milsim event in Ohio. People come from all over the Midwest to play in this event. Quit worrying about what the other team does and start preparing your own.

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Myth is a Private
Im under the opinion that IF green side is outnumbered on vehicles it falls to poor planning and recruitment from your CO. I was approached AT LEAST 2 or 3 months ago asking to be on the tan side by Sky. I ALWAYS leave my options open until im asked for that exact reason. Just my .02
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
-Helen Keller
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM

HardLock is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to HardLock
Don't worry Green Team. I'm bringing the "Equalizer"
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardLock View Post
And for tan I shall bring the "Splenda-lizer"!! Haha

Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM

PC590 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardLock View Post
We were never worried
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 AM

A Man Named Lurch is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan View Post
And for tan I shall bring the "Splenda-lizer"!! Haha

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel...

I'm psyched for this, I don't care whats thrown at me while i'm there,I'll prep myself and my gear & I'll fight as hard as i can.

Now offering: Noob-Tube
"Nepoleon BlownApart"
ver.3.6
Base 2013 Models starting at $179.99!!
Options include Molle hook! 20mm Rails! Folding Grip!
Same great product in a smaller more portable size!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:31 AM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
Bring in the Bear Cavalry!

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Karma is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
Im under the opinion that IF green side is outnumbered on vehicles it falls to poor planning and recruitment from your CO. I was approached AT LEAST 2 or 3 months ago asking to be on the tan side by Sky. I ALWAYS leave my options open until im asked for that exact reason. Just my .02
I don't think it's the green CO's fault that everyone wants to stack on the same team as their friends. There's a reason tan team always fills up 3x as fast at BF.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Myth is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
I don't think it's the green CO's fault that everyone wants to stack on the same team as their friends. There's a reason tan team always fills up 3x as fast at BF.
If the green CO would have asked me then actually I would have probably gone over there. We commonly play against each other, makes it fun that way...
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
-Helen Keller
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 PM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
And Viper. I have heard both sides. and im not bashing. I saying that its not our fault we planned farther ahead, had the bigger/better toys, and are using them to our advantage. There are many solutions to get around our vehicles as Sky suggested. But Do not go around whining about the other team having more than you do. I doesnt make me want to sempithize with you because thats what my 7 year old brother and sister do.
Come up with a valid arguement besides its just not fair and I will consider your arguement valid. I'm only looking at this logically and in the full picture of the matter. I am in no way "bashing" or anything. Just stating the facts of life and the matter which you seemed to not comprehend besides we had more than you. My $.02 Im done now.
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene

Tags
green has no vehicles, green lies, green will get trashed, my groin is big target, panda is a sex monster, tan cheats, vehicles are big targets, when does narwhal bacon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: