Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Operation Blind Fury 8: Citizen Rising (08/27/11)

Operation: Blind Fury 8
Where: Hidden Ranch, Springfield, Ohio
When: 08/27/2011, 07:00 EST
Type of operation: Continuous military simulation event.
Event Details: Click for all details
Event Cost: Register now and get a 25% discount on regular admission of $65.00. FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY. First come first served.
Event Rules: Click for all Rule of engagements and safety rules
Event Waivers: Get your field and event waivers here.
Event Forums: Click here and don't forget to request private forum access.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Storyline:
Quote:
Location: FOB 10th division, 200 miles from Kreigers territories
Date: 05/10/2011
Time: 11:51:00

Hey Hon,

I just wanted to say Goodbye while I have the chance. With the upcoming deployment in few hours, the phone lines are overloaded and our internet as well. So here we go, the old fashion way =)

As I told you last time, this deployment should be very basic. We are only going there for few weeks. We just need to make sure everything is still under control. Col. Benjamin (the one you meant at the reception last month) asked me to re-organized the airbase. Looks like the new officers are not being appreciated so they are sending me to give couple taps in the back. The civilians seem to be happy right now even though they donít really understand why we are there. I will be honest, I sometime wonder myself. I have been in the forces long enough to know not knowing why we are there is sometime better.

If it is like last mission, we will just show up, show our firepower, clean the mess within few days and get out of there. So I should be back home before the summer start. XD

Anyway, I just wanted to say I miss you already and I hope the dog is ok with you and the kids. I will try to call you as soon as I will get on the airbase.

Bye, Love you

Col. J. Newland

Where is Blind Fury coming from?
- Blind Fury got created 8 years ago when a bunch of airsoft enthusiasm decided having a more physically and mentally demanding event would be a great idea. The rivalry actually started from another series way back before Hidden Ranch was even an airsoft field. We simply took the belligerent names and incorporated them into out Blind Fury scenarios.

What is the Blind Fury series all about?
- Simply said, the series is about one fragmented country with many factions trying to control it as much as possible. Alliances are created or dissected enough to the point where you never really know who is good from who is bad. The event is about shooting plastic bbs at each other rather than having a definite winner and call it done for the day.

Who can participate in the event?
- If you are willing to embrace the military simulation mindset where accomplishing for your team or your squad is more important than knowing how many guys you shot that day, this event is for you.

Is there an age limit to play the event?
- Yes. 13 years old is the minimum you can be to play. You also need to have a mentor or a parent/guardian playing with you if younger than 15 years old.

Do I need to read the event details before signing up?
- Technically, no but I can guarantee you that you will not have a good surprise to find out you don't have what you need to be part of this event.

What kind of restrictions does the event has?
- All sort. That is why reading the event details is so crucial.

Can't I just get there and start shooting at everything moving in my directions?
- You sure can. You will simply have a miserable time with us...and will most likely ruin the day for many other players. SO the proper attitude is the way to go.

Ok, ok I get it, I need to respect the event mindset and the players, where do I go from here?

- One easy answer: Access the event website

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft

Last edited by Blade; 05-10-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Updated the event details
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 PM

Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
Haha, thanks for the thread blade. I have sent you a PM already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Baron VonYolo

I got it. you are lining up with what I already have on the to do list btw...

Awesome videos;
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 PM

Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
Good you tailor this event to me. Blind Fury 8: The ballad of Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 PM

TommyTuba is a Recruit Private
However it turns out...it will be AWESOME!!!

I love the extended missions...don't get me wrong...I love to run and gun...but I like the tactical movements also!!!

Omnis Cedo Domus- Everyone Goes Home
Blind Fury 7, 8, OP: Hope, OP: Flashover
Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
If you need more staff and refs this BF let me know.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Baron VonYolo

As much as you all know what i think about refs and staffs in the field, this is something I need to look at this year.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 AM

Fanglor is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Fanglor Send a message via MSN to Fanglor
Refs WOULD be nice, if only in tight areas? That was where the most cluster was as far as I remember this year. Wouldn't require much staffing, and would reduce main areas of concern.

Such as Gold city, air field, etc.

Other than that, I really can't say. The only things I was weirded out about was the way pre game was handled is all.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Baron VonYolo

Fanglor, PM inbound.

Referees? not under my watch. Allowing referees to watch the event would be saying we are getting a bit closer to have a paintball mindset; No refs, no need to be honest. If I let the referees handle the players, that will mean I will have lost faith into the players. It will mean I can't count on the players honor and pride to play it the way it should.

That being said, it doesn't mean I am expecting every and all players to be perfect players, I KNOW, some of you out there will bend the rules and the occasions as soon as they get the chance. What I am saying is I am not worried about the cheaters because somehow, I have trust in this community and when such "problem" will occur, we, as a community, will be able to get rid of such nuisance. Last weekend proved me we can. We just need to get our heads out of the sand and start cleaning up what we let live for too long already.

As far as "pre-game", I am assuming you meant pre-deployment?!
Already something in mind to fix that.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-24-2010, 08:21 AM

nhviper is a Private
Send a message via AIM to nhviper
What about your "Field Official" thing you were going for at the beginning of last year? The one event in which they were used (that I was at) went really well I thought. Not so much as a ref system, but something in the back of players mind's. The thought of "Oh crap, I wonder if that is an official that shot me and I ignored the hit, better call myself out..."

"Airsoft isn't black and white, its more of shades of gray and then some damn fool throws a pink hello kitty into your pallet and you're left wondering 'where tha' f**k did that come from?'"
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Baron VonYolo

nhviper,

What you saw was just the beginning. By BF8's day, it should be 100% in use. So no Orange shirt much but rather hidden "referees" all over the field. The next few months will help tweeking the system now.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-24-2010, 09:10 AM

Torque is a Private
A radical idea:

Problem:
The Field is so big; so many players attending now.

Solution:
So how about 2 separate battles occurring simultaneously? I know, sounds crazy doesn't it. But hear me out.

4 Factions with 4 separate CoC. Two factions battling it out in the far East section. Another 2 factions battling it out in the West. What happens when these 2 battles overlap and bleed into each other? There could be common objectives around the airfield and a desire to control the middle ground at certain points during the event.

I think it could be interesting... and break up the massive TanFor vs. GreenFor stalemate that always seems to happen eventually. Just my 2c.

Last edited by Torque; 11-24-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Baron VonYolo

Sounds a little bit like Irene to me

Are you guys telling me the field is too big for real? and we did not even use half of it last year!!!

That being said, The more factions I put in place, the more difficult the logistical aspect of the event become complicated. 2 different "wars" at the same time means twice the event missions, preps, props, leadership needs, etc.

I am definitely not against the idea...it is just at a higher level than what I had in mind.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Torque is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers_blade View Post
Sounds a little bit like Irene to me
Believe it or not, unlike a lot of the rest of my team I've never been to Irene... so I wouldn't know if this has been done before. Need to slot that for next year.

Yeah, the field feels pretty big. The problem is b/c it is so big, it seems like you stare at players on your own side all day long, more than actually seeing the OpFor.

And there's pros and cons to the airfield as well. Pros are the buildings and tower play, really cool stuff. Cons are.... you see the enemy coming from 2 miles away. But AEGs only have an effective range of about 120'. So it nullifies any real strategic movement in that area. That's why to me, battles in the wooded areas seem to feel more 'fun', exciting, and tactical as compared to battles on the airfield. The trees give you some cover as well as the ability to get right up on the OpFor b/f engaging. Helps with strategic movement as well.

Again, this is my opinion only.

Last edited by Torque; 11-24-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Baron VonYolo

Torque, yep, you need to atleast get to one Irene in your life. On the ranger side though

As far as staring at each other, we have to realize that while I can have missions all over the field (I had mission this year 400ft from the owner's house), the leadership element will be the one telling you to go or stay at the same location all day! Regardless, I am working around this issue as we speak. I will do my best to make sure you will not stare at each other BUT I can't promise you will not be all around that 250acres this time

The airfield (I call it airbase now).... As much as it is a great feature in the field, it is also my curse. without it, you could not cross the field at all. with it, it is has to be big enough so more players can fit in but also more players can assault it. There are many ways to go around and in it but I can't blame the players for not knowing how

Good points btw Torque...

Awesome videos;
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 PM

ArmFA is a Private
PM sent, hope it helps
Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Joker_IMPACT is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Joker_IMPACT
Bit of a outsiders perspective so to speak here (Being from IN, but I bet I have been playing in OH before a lot of the residents LOL). From my end things went great. And I think the majority of the IN players on the Green team would also agree with me. We all had a blast and had minimal complaints. Other then some pre-deployment issues (which you have already addressed) the other problems are just out of your control and entirely up to the players in attendance. Their attitudes will ultimately make or break your event, and the same can be said for all events. I plan on having a talk with my guys prior to the event as a friendly reminder and to try to help smooth things out.

I spent the majority of last years game on or near the airfield. And the new additions (red kill houses) were amazing. Not only did it allow for some new ways to attack but also allowed the enemy to get that much closer to the tower and really kept us on our toes. Of course the use of vehicles was also a very cool element and I hope that is expanded on by players as well.

Ha. Guess I could have messaged you but I did not intend on writing this much when I started. All I really wanted to say was that my offer of helping you out with anything you need still stands, just let me know what I can do. I am looking forward to another great installment in this series.

~Joker out....

AIRSOFT INDIANA
Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 PM

Zink is a Private
How about a 2 day event with a night event also. Just stay away from the big hills and have both teams camp on the field and have cut off areas where people are sleeping so they dont get shot at.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Baron VonYolo

We started the series with 2 days but most of the time, we would end up with not enough players on the 2nd day. If you guys want to play 2 days in a row, I could figure out something but that would be out of the regular BF. Heck, players barely one full day as it is.

As far as night games, I am working on that. If I do offer it, it would most likely be in the airbase or other "safest" area of the field.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-27-2010, 02:53 PM

Peli is a Private
I enjoyed BF7
only thing I was disappointed with was the cannons where never set up or went off. and players dropping out early!

night games are fun but like stated people drop out ,only way I see a night game working is if the game starts 2 or 3 hours before dark.

we had a night game back a few months ago and around 11 pm people where dropping like flies and that game started around 7pm.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:59 PM

PC590 is a Private
One quick point on field officials: They should know and follow the rules themselves. There should be an equal amount on both sides (not just tan).
Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 PM

OverLord is a Private
pm inbound

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM

M0nk3y is a Private
Blade,

Just because the field is big, doesn't mean that it's always big at one moment. It always seems that at one point in time, everything surrounds one town, or one objective. Then you have everyone at that same point, and your HUGE field comes down to a couple Acres, at most.

I like Torque's idea on the multiple Factions and CoC. Then dividing the objectives accordingly and hoping for the best. Will there might be a huge cluster at one point...maybe. But when you have multiple CoCs, the chances might be on your side.

My .02 cents

Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Baron VonYolo

I will be totally honest with you guys, I design BF events to be a cluster anyway..so any and all chaotic ideas you guys make it even more better for me to plan
LOL

Overlord, will respond to you tomorrow.

Awesome videos;
Old 11-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Belt-fed doom

Hillslam is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
It always seems that at one point in time, everything surrounds one town, or one objective.
That's also subjective:

- at no point during BF7 was there only one battle happening at one town. There was always at least two fights occuring at two towns or objectives throughout the day. At most points it was 4 or 5. Typical BF. Yes some fights were bigger than others, and at times both COs seemed to send some forces to the same location, but at no time was it a giant battle of all forces around one objective.

- Add to that that objectives weren't always in towns or other points of interest.

- Add to that there were always concurrent objectives occurring for both sides continuously scattered all over, and often deep into each side.

- Add to that that there were recon, infiltration, covert, and just plain sneaky line troops manuevering completely around all those battles, slowing overall movement of all sides even in seemingly "Secured" areas.

All adds up to the size remaining a big factor for each CoC the entire op. And for the hosts: how do we get players all around the field without tiring them out before lunch, etc etc. The never ending dilema.

Sooner or later, karma catches them all.

Last edited by Hillslam; 11-28-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: