TheAlbinoNinja is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy View Post
. echo 1 m16 *current condition Stock *
I will be doing some simple upgrades this spring,
* upgraded motor *
*upgraded spring * M120 or M130 your opinion
* tight bore *
Any opinions on weather to put a m130 spring in without gear upgrades, if so what would I need Im sure a m120 spring will work just fine. Going for field distance.
Q. What would you install in your gun if you wanted to put a m130 or m120 ? New bucking? etc.
A sorbothane pad would help the longevity of the gun. As to what spring, motor, etc, we would need to know your intentions, how do you want the gun to perform?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM

unholy is a Private
For long distance field scenarios I would say, 380-400fps.
Accuracy,distance,reliablity,more fps.

Im going to go with m130 and a 6.03 tight bore followed with some torque motor.Whats a good motor?
I believe that should shoot me in the 380-400fps range.
Also to still shoot through thick brush and to still carry .25 to .30 fair amount of distance with out the bb dropping so quickly.
any suggestions for a good hop up unit or bucking.

Last edited by unholy; 01-19-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: True intentions
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM

runner3 is a Private
Friend of mine just picked this up

Anyone know what it is? We couldnt find anything on it.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 AM

Kurt77 is a Private
Shotgun chrono question

I plan on picking up a gas shotgun in the near future for use in our local CQB field. However, the field limits you to (i think) 350 fps. The description of the shotgun says it chronos at 590-610 if you're firing a single shot, but they estimate that it fires at 330 if its firing full loads. Is there a way to get an accurate reading on the FPS for a multi shot shotgun?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 AM

Kurt77 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner3 View Post
Friend of mine just picked this up

Anyone know what it is? We couldnt find anything on it.
I'm no expert, but that looks like a James Boom grenade. I've heard good things about those.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 PM

runner3 is a Private
Ok guys, this is for the real steel guys. I have been reading up on real steel stuff and just want have a question about rounds.

Ok so correct me if I am wrong but a 5.56x45 means the overall length of whole round is 5.56 cm and the length of the case is 45 mm. Is that correct?

My next question is, a 9x19 parrabellum round means the bullet diameter is 9mm and the case length is 19mm. Is that correct?

So my last question is, why (if the above is correct) are some rounds measured in overall round length x case length and others are measured in bullet diameter x case length.

If I am incorrect could someone please fill me in. I know there is a lot to different types of rounds and all that, but I would like to figure this part out first lol

Thanks,

runner
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 AM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner3 View Post
Ok guys, this is for the real steel guys. I have been reading up on real steel stuff and just want have a question about rounds.

Ok so correct me if I am wrong but a 5.56x45 means the overall length of whole round is 5.56 cm and the length of the case is 45 mm. Is that correct?

My next question is, a 9x19 parrabellum round means the bullet diameter is 9mm and the case length is 19mm. Is that correct?

So my last question is, why (if the above is correct) are some rounds measured in overall round length x case length and others are measured in bullet diameter x case length.

If I am incorrect could someone please fill me in. I know there is a lot to different types of rounds and all that, but I would like to figure this part out first lol

Thanks,

runner
5.56x45mm. The 5.56 is the diameter of the projectile, not the length of the entire cartridge. Although the length of the entire cartidge, projectile and case, is close to 5 and a half centimeters.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 AM

runner3 is a Private
So that being said a 5.56x45 technically has a smaller bullet than the 9x19? Again I am an avid airsofter but still have much to learn when it comes to real steel.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM

79stang is a Private
Runner, bad grenade. Stay away.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Mothman is a Private
Quote:

With The Metric Dimensions of the cartridge (not the imperial, the imperial designation seems to be just a fancy name thats kinda close to the real diameter of the PROJECTILE) they are all the same, and refer to the casing, and the casing only, and say nothign about the projectile. For Example: 5.56x45mm NATO. 5.56mm Is the diameter of the INSIDE of the neck of the casing. 45mm is the LENGTH of the casing, WITHOUT the bullet. Same goes for 9x19. 9 is the diameter of the inside of the neck of the casing, 19 is the length of the casing. With .50 BMG, its 12.7mm for diameter of the inside of the neck of the casing, and 100mm (or 99, they can never seem to make up their minds) for the length. Get it?

Keep in Mind thought that these are NOT EXACT, just like imperial dimensions, just not as bad. The numbers that make up the name of the casing are really just a guideline. They're just there to give the casing a name.

Last edited by Mothman; 02-01-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM

runner3 is a Private
Got it! That helps a lot! Its so confusing trying to figure all this out. I do so much reading a d see different t things in different places. And then some guns are referred to in caliber like a .40 Cal while others are by measurement like the 5.56 mm...

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 PM

beatleszach is a Recruit Private
Really stupid question.
will a gun that shoots 405-410 on a 400 field be allowed
Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM

TheAlbinoNinja is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatleszach View Post
Really stupid question.
will a gun that shoots 405-410 on a 400 field be allowed
Depends from field to field. Some owners are lenient, some are strict and won't allow a gun shooting 401
Old 02-02-2013, 12:25 AM

For gear whores:

Need an adhesive for affixing non-sticky-back velcro to plastic/painted plastic. What get?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Torque is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
For gear whores:

Need an adhesive for affixing non-sticky-back velcro to plastic/painted plastic. What get?
E6000. Best stuff I have ever used. You can find it at Michael's.

http://www.amazon.com/E-6000-Med-Vis.../dp/B000XZTD14

Btw, I assume you mean for gluing velcro to a helmet. You have to let it fully dry overnight, but Velcro will not come off.

Last edited by Torque; 02-02-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
E6000. Best stuff I have ever used. You can find it at Michael's.

http://www.amazon.com/E-6000-Med-Vis.../dp/B000XZTD14

Btw, I assume you mean for gluing velcro to a helmet. You have to let it fully dry overnight, but Velcro will not come off.
Thanks Brian. Didn't know if it worked, glad to know someone has tried it.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:15 PM

WhiskeyCharlieJA is a Private
Does anybody know where I could find mags for an ASG CZ-75? I ordered it off of evike about a year ago and I didn't even think about finding mags for it. Evike is the only store I can find that carries the gun but they don't have any mags for it. It's the ASG CZ-75 P-07 to be more specific.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCharlieJA View Post
Does anybody know where I could find mags for an ASG CZ-75? I ordered it off of evike about a year ago and I didn't even think about finding mags for it. Evike is the only store I can find that carries the gun but they don't have any mags for it. It's the ASG CZ-75 P-07 to be more specific.
This what you're looking for?
http://www.amazon.com/ASG-CZ-Compact.../dp/B0094GEIJK
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM

WhiskeyCharlieJA is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
No, mine takes the CO2 in the grip not the mag. Thanks anyways though.

Last edited by WhiskeyCharlieJA; 02-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM

Styles is a Private
So I did a tad bit of looking but to be honest not a ton. I was curious of there is a thread or section of the forum where there are Ohio teams posting what their group is about.

For example of they are casual/hardcore, recruiting or not, requirements etc etc.

I'm sure a good deal of teams have their own websites so for example maybe a thread that lists websites?

If there isn't one should one be started?

Thanks for any replies
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Something like this? http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/gr...rouplist&cat=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles View Post
So I did a tad bit of looking but to be honest not a ton. I was curious of there is a thread or section of the forum where there are Ohio teams posting what their group is about.

For example of they are casual/hardcore, recruiting or not, requirements etc etc.

I'm sure a good deal of teams have their own websites so for example maybe a thread that lists websites?

If there isn't one should one be started?

Thanks for any replies
It is answering some of your question but otherwise, I never saw or heard any specific team going with a very specific recruitment/requirement pages/details unless on their own website, which again, I don't remember seeing anywhere lately.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Alright, so I recieved a PSG1 length barrel (590mm) and I threw it into my Upgraded A&K Masada. I have been firing it it semi and in full and have not noticed any problems. I get great range and accuracy with it.

My question is about Bore Up Kits. Do I need one? If I don't have one, will I notice any affects on my gun? Are they worth installing? Is it bad for my gun to run a barrel length that is over 1.5x longer than the stock barrel?

I have been looking for a while and everyone has something different to say about them.

Here is my previous barrel with my now PSG1 barrel (previous barrel is 363mm) http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2a22b5e.jpg
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Last edited by Vinvyin; 02-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM

Jonezy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
Alright, so I recieved a PSG1 length barrel (590mm) and I threw it into my Upgraded A&K Masada. I have been firing it it semi and in full and have not noticed any problems. I get great range and accuracy with it.

My question is about Bore Up Kits. Do I need one? If I don't have one, will I notice any affects on my gun? Are they worth installing? Is it bad for my gun to run a barrel length that is over 1.5x longer than the stock barrel?

I have been looking for a while and everyone has something different to say about them.

Here is my previous barrel with my now PSG1 barrel (previous barrel is 363mm) http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2a22b5e.jpg
If it were my gun, I would opt for the bore-up kit. You're on the verge of being undervolumed (think "undergassed") for that length of a barrel at a 1:1.54 ratio, assuming you can use the actual full capacity of a non-bore-up full cylinder, which you cannot due to the cylinder head taking up space and the piston head not drawing back fully. In reality, you'll end up under the 1:1.5 to 1:1.75 barrel to cylinder volume ratio you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
(pi)*(11.75^2)*72= 31,228.9mm^3 <--standard bore cylinder
(pi)*(12.5^2)*72= 35,342.8mm^3 <--bore-up cylinder

Divide the bore-up cylinder volume by that of the standard cylinder and you get 1.13, or a 13% difference, just like Flenner said in his post (note that manufacturers' tolerances are different and it could possibly deviate +/- ~5%).
What will happen as a result of not having the bore-up kit? Depending on your setup, it could be beneficial, harmful, or a mix of both. You could end up with a quiet gun from it being slightly undervolumed or you could end up losing muzzle energy and watching your accuracy suffer as a result of it being too far undervolumed. Once you start playing with >509mm barrels in AEGs, cylinder volume becomes exceedingly precious...

Why do you need the 1:1.5 to 1:1.75 barrel to cylinder volume ratio? Why wouldn't it just be 1:1? Simple: air compresses relatively easily. We're not working with hydraulics here. If you sit down and spend some time playing with different ratios and BB weights, you'll find that heavier BBs require a greater ratio than lighter BBs. Assuming this is going to be a DMR or something of the sort, you'll need the largest ratio you can get because those heavy BBs will push the limits of the system, which is not nearly as perfect as it looks on paper. Madbull barrels have subtle outward tapers in the bore, compression parts bleed air out in weird ways sometimes, nozzles sometimes fail to seat against the bucking correctly and bleed air, heavy piston assemblies may not reach full forward position every stroke and waste air, air slips past the BB in the barrel, and all sorts of other things most people overlook add up to lost air. Don't let this scare you, though - at least you're only using a 590mm and not a 650mm or an 800mm
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
I figured you would be the first one to say something Jonezy. I always love your input.

As far as getting a bore up kit, what would you recommend? It's an A&K Masada, firing around 380 FPS.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 PM

slowridn73 is a Private
Not knowing what size cylinder you have I can say that an M60 uses a 590mm barrel with the standard type 0 cylinder and has great range and accuracy (keeping in mind that I only ever ran .2g BB's). I dont think it is a "necessary" upgrade depending on the weight of the ammo being used, that being said I had a bore up kit from systema in an old TM M16vn with a 550mm 6.03 barrel and that thing was a laser beam with great distance. If you can afford it do it, the worst that will come of it is you'll have more air than you need (nice pop with every shot), no negative effects as far as performance. Also the o-rings sucked for them back a few years ago (2003 or so) so make sure to check it for fitment and possibly get a better seating one before buttoning everything back up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: