Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM

mac50 is a Private
I have a G&G F2000. It was close to $400 but I am very happy with it.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABGAMER View Post
This is a stupid question, but I am trying to get an highish end gun around $200-$250, and I was wondering who has had experience with ICS and G&G, and which internals are better (as in more reliable, and overall quality). I am just now getting into the high mid level- high level guns so if anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated.

And YES, I have done research but I would like more opinions.
I love my G&G Raider, really solid gun with good performance out of the box. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap gun with a rail system.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Be smart y'all.
"I like balls"-Panda
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Yams is a Private
Having exclusively used ICS guns, I can say that their quality is on par with a mixture of G&P and G&G. I think all new ICS M4s are being shipped with their upgraded pistons. Sure, ICS has some proprietary parts (upper and lower receivers, hop-ups, air nozzle, gearbox), but it's completely upgradeable nonetheless. I just prefer the split gearbox. Makes it much easier to work on.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM

nickb45502 is a Private
I'm with Panda, I love my CM, just make sure it's tight
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Whats the difference between a normal Hop-Up and an R-Hop?

Thanks in advance gents.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM

Jonezy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sfg View Post
I would recommend G&G out of those two, And for a little extra cash I really recommend G&P.
I echo this advice. The only drawbacks of G&G AEGs that I can think of are the stock aluminum barrels being sub-par, the problems with the trigger switches seizing (most stores will correct this under warranty), and the gearbox shells aren't very strong. Even with these few problems, it's still a relatively good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Whats the difference between a normal Hop-Up and an R-Hop?

Thanks in advance gents.
A normal hopup uses the bucking to impart backspin and seal against the air nozzle. The R-hop separates these two by having the R-hop patch impart backspin while the bucking serves only to seal against the air nozzle. It allows you to apply more consistent hop to BBs and apply enough hop to lift heavier BBs, leading to better accuracy and increased range. It also eliminates the need to change buckings since the R-hop patch doesn't wear out over time and the bucking will last practically forever.

Last edited by Jonezy; 12-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM

MistaOrange is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
A normal hopup uses the bucking to impart backspin and seal against the air nozzle. The R-hop separates these two by having the R-hop patch impart backspin while the bucking serves only to seal against the air nozzle. It allows you to apply more consistent hop to BBs and apply enough hop to lift heavier BBs, leading to better accuracy and increased range. It also eliminates the need to change buckings since the R-hop patch doesn't wear out over time and the bucking will last practically forever.
Where could I get R-Hop units? And for roughly how much? I've heard about them from a friend, and if I remember right it's a single guy that came up with the idea, but I've never seen anywhere to get them.

Thanks

Op's planned; Op: Chimera, Op: Cold Hard Truth, Op: Sidewinder

"Nobody has ever defended anything successfully. There is only attack, attack, and attack some more." -George S. Patton.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaOrange View Post
Where could I get R-Hop units? And for roughly how much? I've heard about them from a friend, and if I remember right it's a single guy that came up with the idea, but I've never seen anywhere to get them.

Thanks
I don't think they are for sale anywhere but I know that there are many tutorials on how to DIY and there are many other people, Jonzey in particular, who will install one for a small fee. They are definitely worth every penny.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:58 PM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Quote:

Thanks
You can purchase them from Hunterseeker5, who is a rather well known tech and a prominent member of the AirsoftMechanics.com forums. You can purchase R-Hops from here: https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmo...s-and-services along with other goodies and services.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Jonezy is a Private
Quote:

Thanks
Clandestine Airsoft stocks them for the lowest prices I've seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
They are definitely worth every penny.
I beg to differ
Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
I beg to differ
Does this mean you are working on something new.... *prepares wallet*
Old 12-21-2012, 03:57 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Alrightm so I finally broke down and now I'm diving into the world of GBBR. Well I'm having a little trouble getting the hammer lock in the right spot. Does anyone know of a good assembly guide or something along that line so I can correctly install the hammer lock?

Pictures may help as well. Thank you!
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 AM

runner3 is a Private
Looking at getting a PDW - Probably the dboys. I personally hate peq boxes. Does anyone have experience with one. Could I fit a small lipo into just the hand guard, since that is where the wiring is coming from anyway.

Thanks,

runner
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner3 View Post
Looking at getting a PDW - Probably the dboys. I personally hate peq boxes. Does anyone have experience with one. Could I fit a small lipo into just the hand guard, since that is where the wiring is coming from anyway.

Thanks,

runner
Quick, someone call bnagley!
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Be smart y'all.
"I like balls"-Panda
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Warhorse127 is a Private
JG advice for future build...

Looking to eventually build my own platform but the learning curve to do the mods I am looking to complete lead me to think an inexpensive AEG is the way to go as I am 'experimenting' and probably messing stuff up. Until that time, I still want to be competitive in field play so I am leaning towards a JG (which will eventually be my shell holding all the goodies together) based on price. The JGs I have fired seemed to hold their own with decent accuracy and range. RoF isn't a big deal for me as I like hanging out in semi or using three round burst. I also prefer around 350-400 fps however many of the JGs are shooting super hot these days so not sure how that will pan out. Anyway, here are my questions:

1. Are JG AEGS still junk or is that bias carried over from years ago when they were bona fide crap?

2. Can anyone recommend a JG platform (prefer M16 variant, but open to ideas on a future build) that provides good accuracy and range out of the box?

Looking forward to open, honest feedback. Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse127 View Post
Looking to eventually build my own platform but the learning curve to do the mods I am looking to complete lead me to think an inexpensive AEG is the way to go as I am 'experimenting' and probably messing stuff up. Until that time, I still want to be competitive in field play so I am leaning towards a JG (which will eventually be my shell holding all the goodies together) based on price. The JGs I have fired seemed to hold their own with decent accuracy and range. RoF isn't a big deal for me as I like hanging out in semi or using three round burst. I also prefer around 350-400 fps however many of the JGs are shooting super hot these days so not sure how that will pan out. Anyway, here are my questions:

1. Are JG AEGS still junk or is that bias carried over from years ago when they were bona fide crap?

2. Can anyone recommend a JG platform (prefer M16 variant, but open to ideas on a future build) that provides good accuracy and range out of the box?

Looking forward to open, honest feedback. Thanks
If you are looking to go with a JG (good choice, by the way), the best one out of the box is their G36. They are really good for the money, probably the best value of any gun in that price range. I personally have 3. They use all TM-spec parts, and you can make some really fun stuff with them. If you want to learn how to tech/do advanced upgrades, it is a great platform to learn on.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Jonezy is a Private
The JG G36s are really hard to beat right out of the box. You get strong gears, a solid gearbox shell, a neodymium magnet motor (most times), and a decent tappet plate. The rest has room for improvement over time but you will be quite satisfied as-is.

The hype about JGs being horrible still hangs around even after all these years of Echo1 rebranding and selling them. They are honestly a good deal for the most part, except for their AUGs. The AUGs still have crummy internals...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 PM

Warhorse127 is a Private
Thanks Big Red and Jonezy. The feedback is very much appreciated. One quick sidebar...which would you suggest or do they all share basically the same internals?

http://www.airsoftstation.com/jg608-...essed-aeg.html

http://www.airsoftstation.com/jg608-...-in-bipod.html

Last edited by Warhorse127; 01-09-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added links
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM

Jonezy is a Private
If it were me, I'd get the G36C simply because it'd be easier to manipulate in and around buildings without needing to have the stock folded. Battery space could become an issue with the G36C but you could use a PEQ box or KV stock if you had to.

*edit* They all share the same internals for the most part. There are batch variations but the differences are hardly noticeable.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 PM

steelfallenangel is a Private
Felt this may be a safe place to ask this. But why is their such adamint hate for KWAs in some other forums?

I just mean that I recently responded to another thread (not here) where some guy was asking what the best M4 he could get for just 200$ was. I told him the two best options were the KWA CQB M4 for 160$ (price after 20% off coupon) or a Lonex M4 from Clandenstine Airsoft for $220. I got flipin railroaded by multiple posts telling me never to mention KWAs to anyone.

I know that some have their issues. But it seems all the top brands have one big problem or a another, VFCs self shimming gears, G&P a design flaw with one of the gears, KWA the stock motor.

So why is there often such bile associated with them that isn't levied on the other top brands?

Last edited by steelfallenangel; 01-12-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 PM

runner3 is a Private
My question is, with all the recent talk about the new ww2 aegs coming out, will the BAR be considered a support weapon. Ie can it use high caps at events. I could be wrong but from what I understand they are only making high caps for the BAR aeg.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM

79stang is a Private
I would say yes to a bar with hi caps. It's a BAR.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM

Poody is a Private
The hi caps also only hold 180 rounds, my mid caps hold 190 so it would be stupid if you cant
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Tactical Ginger has been Court Martialled
Does anyone know if it's possible to get an RIS for a A&K MK43?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM

unholy is a Private
. echo 1 m16 *current condition Stock *
I will be doing some simple upgrades this spring,
* upgraded motor *
*upgraded spring * M120 or M130 your opinion
* tight bore *
Any opinions on weather to put a m130 spring in without gear upgrades, if so what would I need Im sure a m120 spring will work just fine. Going for field distance.
Q. What would you install in your gun if you wanted to put a m130 or m120 ? New bucking? etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: