Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
AirsoftOhio New Acquisition Thread

Thread rules:

1. Posts should be, but are not required to be accompanied by a picture that you've taken of your newly acquired item.

2. It's highly encouraged to describe what you've purchased. This is an opportunity to give others an idea of your opinion on your newly purchased item.

3. Keep the "that's so cool!" posts to a minimum. If you have questions, by all means, ask away, but try not to clutter the thread.

4. Let's try to keep this airsoft related. As thrilling as it is to hear about your new xbox games from christmas, it's not necessary

Other than that, post your newly acquired stuffs. Have fun!

Last edited by Red; 08-10-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
Ranger Grey KMP9 from AirsoftSmith . I've already removed the bolt catch until I can get the edges smooth. The bolt catch on KMP9s actually cut into the bolt if not taken care of. Also there is a lot of packing greese that needs to be removed from the internals, then relubed with small amounts a silicon.

Now when I tore down the gun for cleaning, I lost part #72 which is a small spring that puts pressure on a small 'nut' that stabilizes the barrel. If you get one, watch out for that little bugger. Furthermore, I've already sanded the icky orange off

Surefire 9P flashlight: Uses 3 CR123a cell lithium batteries and is pretty powerful for such a small package. I can hit a building 200 feet away with this. Very sturdy and strong as it is made of aluminum. 105 lumens with a 60 minute run-time on the stock lamp (P90) or 200 lumens on a 20 minute run-time with the 'upgrade' lamp (P91). I LOVE the thing! I want more Surefires!

Firefield Green 5w laser: Rather powerful green laser. I would try to see how far it will shine (manufacturer claims 1,760 yards) but I live in the city :/ . It came with the rail mount and pressure switch in the box and had a constant-on button already installed.

Last edited by Italian; 12-28-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Clark is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Skype™ to Clark
Not super new, but well worth posting.

(20:17:00) Fox: I like to find issues, then choke the **** out of them
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM

Carnival is a Private
Is this like a christmas thread or more of a review thread?
I'm just wonder what it is and why it's here.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 AM

Italian is a Recruit Private
This is a year-round one I guess... Also for giving short summaries of the thing.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival View Post
Is this like a christmas thread or more of a review thread?
I'm just wonder what it is and why it's here.
In short, this is a "Show what you just got here" thread. It's pretty simple and self-explanatory. People like to see what other people are getting, and people like to show off what they've purchased. It's a good way to get a short opinion on something from someone who has some form of experience with the item. It's not for Christmas or any time in particular - it's an all-year-round thing. Kind of understand now?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Carnival is a Private
I kind of understand exactly what you mean.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM

Reaper is a Private
5.11 Gear from LA Police Gear

5.11 HRT Urban Boots from 5.11

Came with
5.11 Socks
5.11 Boot Knife
5.11 Mug
5.11 Boot Bag

They are extremely comfortable. More so than my gym shoes. I have been wearing them around to get them broke in.

They are a bit hot as they are waterproof, make sure you have moisture wicking socks.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Pro Communitus

To accompany your boots, Reaper...

New Merrell Sawtooths. Love these boots. First day with them, but they're comfy as all heck. They run a size small (I wear 12s, but fit in 11 Ms in these). Maybe that's just me - tends to be the way it is with boots for me. The soles are very comfortable. They're slightly cushioned but not enough so that it detracts from stability and the ability to have efficient control over your movement.

I like them a lot better than my 8" Belleville 390s. They both serve their purposes, but these offer both ankle support along with comfort, AND they're light weight. Something my Bellevilles can't say. Over all, I love both pairs - both well worth the $100 the each cost - but I'd prefer the merrells at the moment.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
Win Merrells are win, Red. Now I feel obligated to get something new so I can post!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 PM

Hawthorne is a Private
Hmmm, well there's airsoft stuff I actually received for christmas, and airsoft stuff I bought myself for christmas ........ but I'll post it all.

First is a G&P R500 flashlight with pressure switch. Great light, made entirely of aluminum, xenon bulb, super bright. I included a picture of it on my m4.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2014.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	3845

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	3846

Second is my custom Mk12 SPR. I already had the matrix m4 as the base, I just got the frontend, stock, tbb and other internals to finish it off. I still need to get a harris bipod and a raised scope mount though.

Name:	IMG_2006.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	3847

Third is a Hwasan Mad Max double barrel shotty. I am using it as my project gun and am converting it so it accepts Madbull co2 shotgun shells and am putting a full stock on it.

Name:	IMG_2017.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	3848

Last I got some madbull co2 shotgun shells, a Kwa 50rd. Glock mag and a G&P laser.

And that's pretty much it............

Last edited by Hawthorne; 01-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:46 AM

seals is a Private
i got a set of ABU (Airman Battle Uniform)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
ForceProtection Gear: FOR 65 Deployer USMC Replacement Sea Bag

Retail: $445
Color: Coyote Brown
Mid to Long Term Deployments
Dimensions: 30L" x 14W" x 14D"
Over 6,000 cu in. capacity

External Main Body: 1000 denier milspec Cordura
Category: Extremely weatherproof/waterproof qualities
Interior Main Body: Nylon Packcloth (easy to clean)
Bottom 1050 denier milspec Ballistic Nylon and 35oz. Hypalon with two unique rubber extruded runners bolted along the length of the bottom.
Includes two FPG Stainless Steel Wheel Housings that make the wheel system virtually indestructable.
MIL-SPEC Webbing (MIL W 17337)
#10 YKK Zippers
YKK W/R Zipper on side acces window
304 Stainless Steel Wheel Housings

The FOR65 collapsible loadout bag is a very durable piece of equipment designed to withstand physical and environmental abuse.
It's crafted with a tight stitch tolerance and bartacked in every stress area including all Molle strap systems
Every seam is covered by milspec binding tape to cover raw edges and minimize water penetration.

FOR65 Deployer is built with FPG's original 360 degree Foamtech design which utilizes 6 pound PE rigid foam construction providing padding and protection for your gear.

Built to comm air specs you can choose to carry it like a rucksack (10 pounds empty) with its detachable heavy duty shoulder straps or roll it around on it's unique wheel system, and unfold the unique FPG FoamTec interior walls and stowe in confined spaces.
The body of the Deployer is bolted and secured with nylon insert lock nuts and not with rivets that can break and are not easily repaired.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 AM

Rhyno is a Private
Ok, not much description needed, but here it is according to the rules of the thread:

Systema Revolution M110 for M4-A1 (wired to front)

Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
Ok, not much description needed, but here it is according to the rules of the thread:

Systema Revolution M110 for M4-A1 (wired to front)

Nice! What are you planning on throwing it in? Some brands have problems with the alignment. And make sure you align it right in the receiver - you can end up with a $500 paperweight, or pay a hefty sum to fix it.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Rhyno is a Private
I am trying to build a nearly 100% magpul PTS M4.

The big difference would be that im bulding this one from scratch using all Magpul brand items including the receiver and instead of the PTS MOE stock i am goign to get the UBR Stock...

Magpul doesn't make certain items, like the outer barrel, but i have the list compiled so far...

Edit: According to Systema it will fit 100% compatible with TM or Magpul receivers... so i shouldn't have too much trouble...

Last edited by Rhyno; 01-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Pro Communitus

Magpul receivers work well, yeah. You'll be alright with that. Just make sure it sits flush in there. Looks good man, great buy.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
I'd pick up a Systema Metal Hop Up Chamber for it as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 AM

Rhyno is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Magpul receivers work well, yeah. You'll be alright with that. Just make sure it sits flush in there. Looks good man, great buy.
ESPECIALLY since i picked it up for less than $300 brand new and shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMarine View Post
I'd pick up a Systema Metal Hop Up Chamber for it as well.
It's in the excel sheet list

Here's the official List:

Magpul on the Following:
MOE Receiver
UBR stock
MOE Handguard w/ rail addins
MIAD grip
MBUS Sights
Angled Force Grip

Internals:
Revolution (purchased of course)
Systema Hop up
Madbull Silicone Bucking with H Nub
PDI Stainless Steel 6.01 TBB

Other Externals:
Madbull Railed Gas Block
PDI Stainless Steel powder coated outer barrel
Aggressor Flash Hider
Delta Ring (purchased)

This thing will end up costing over a grand when im done, and one might ask "Why didn't you just save up for a PTW?"

Here's why:
1 - I know how to build and work on AEGs
1a - While i won't be working on the internals of the Revolution unless i ABSOLUTELY have to, i can still troubleshoot and work on the other parts...
2 - And this is a big one: Magazines. I have 16 mags for my current M4, even if i dropped to purchasing 10 mags i'd still be shelling out another $350+ for new mags for a ptw which would bring the total of a ptw close to or over $2k
3 - Magpul: I love the look of magpul's stuff, with the PTW i'd have to purchase real steal equivalent of the items and that would run me about 15-20% higher than the AEG ones.
3a - Not only would the gun with mags cost 2K, throw another $300 for UBR stock and MOE guard...

Now, i am kinda sad because i just found out and read some reviews on the '10 and up coming '11 Celsius CTWs and how much better they keep getting while keeping the cost way down and i think i could get an '11 CTW with mags for right around a grand... then it woudl just be a matter of getting the MOE Handgaurd and UBR stock and i think i would STILL be under the cost of a systema PTW, which is apparently harder to find these days....
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
The Revo is a great gearbox but it's a ***** to setup properly. Since you're doing it the same way I've done Revo builds, I don't see you having any problems. Depending on your magazines, I'd recommend a 9.6v with TM or PTS magazines. The Revo ROF is too much for cheaper magazines and can cause jams. If the Revo does fall or break, do not open it up. Sent it to Zshot and see if it will be warrantied.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Norseman is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Norseman Send a message via Yahoo to Norseman
"You're coming with me, dead or alive..."

It's a smexy KSC Robocop M93R Auto-9. Selective Fire between Semi-Full-3 round salvo. I found it on a craigslist listing for $50. It shoots like a dream. Great blowback while retaining CQB FPS. Pretty Unique gun, cannot wait to use it.

Til Valhall Nordiske Soldater

"All I hear is "BOOM", I look behind me, and Norseman is covered in flour from the mine he just set off, shouting "To Valhalla!" SAW
Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 PM

Rhyno is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMarine View Post
The Revo is a great gearbox but it's a ***** to setup properly. Since you're doing it the same way I've done Revo builds, I don't see you having any problems. Depending on your magazines, I'd recommend a 9.6v with TM or PTS magazines. The Revo ROF is too much for cheaper magazines and can cause jams. If the Revo does fall or break, do not open it up. Sent it to Zshot and see if it will be warrantied.
My mags are G&G steel mags. I actually had issues with these mags double feeding BBs they were so tense. We'll see how this works out though...

I do have a question for you though urban since you've owned one. I've slid the fire selector back and forth and i feel no mechanical unlock from safe to fire, and the trigger doesn't pull back any further no matter what position the fire selector is in, is the trigger a slight pull and the safe is electronic?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
I actually do RMA work on them, that's why I said not to open yours because it voids the warranty . The Revo is electrical like the PTW so you won't have the selector plate click like traditional AEGs. It's a little switch (Circled in RED) below the plate that toggles safe, semi, full.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM

79stang is a Private
@Hellraiser-YOU LUCKY #^% I %&*$ HATE YOU!!! Not really, that is one sexy a$$ gun. Love it.

I got a CA M16A2, DMR Project and a Motorola GP68 radio.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Norseman is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Norseman Send a message via Yahoo to Norseman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
@Hellraiser-YOU LUCKY #^% I %&*$ HATE YOU!!! Not really, that is one sexy a$$ gun. Love it.

I got a CA M16A2, DMR Project and a Motorola GP68 radio.
Hahaha Kyle. You can see it in action at Nightfall! It's a monster!

Til Valhall Nordiske Soldater

"All I hear is "BOOM", I look behind me, and Norseman is covered in flour from the mine he just set off, shouting "To Valhalla!" SAW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: