Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-18-2013, 11:33 PM

Fat Rambo is a Private
Arrow WE AR type open bolt weapons

ok, so i have been looking into getting the WE XM177. i have been noticing in alot of videos and people just straight up saying that bolt does not always lock back. this would deter me from buying this gun. (i mean thats half the realism right there) does anyone own or have experience with these rifles and can inform me on this, and if there are ways to upgrade this. i am very aware that there is a switch on the magazine for these riffles that alow it to dry fire and not lock back. but i still believe there is a problem with the locking when the switch is turned on

--------------------------------------------------

Old 12-19-2013, 01:14 AM

HardLock is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to HardLock
I have a WE M4 CQB. You are correct that the mags have a "switch" for lockup/non-lockup. The problem that I have found with the gun not locking after firing the last round is two fold: 1. The switch itself has a tendency to move out of position after firing due to the LARGE amount of recoil. 2: The material of the locking latch on the mag itself is cheap metal and tends to round off a little after much use. I have not investigated a fix for either occurrence, but the overall FUN of shooting the GBBR more than makes up for it. IMO, don't let the possibility of a non-lockup bolt influence your decision.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:09 AM

79stang is a Private
On my King Arms (wa system, I know). It also has an issue of the bolt not locking back 100%. I say this is an issue, but it only happens 1 or 2 times out of 20 mags. I think the problem for mine is if the bolt lock isn't in the correct spot to stay locked back.

Honestly I think its simply from recoil. I wouldn't worry about it, the realism makes up for any small defect.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS

Tags
ar15, bolt catch, gbbr, m16

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: