Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 PM

FMJ Full-Auto is a Private
Question KWA Gearbox in Ares G36

Hey Airsoft Ohio,

I just made this account because I'm Dying to find out some feedback and suggestions about an Idea I have. I have an Ares G36 (Long Version) that I had bought from a friend, it was doing very well until the gearbox started having issues. I found out that my tappet plate had broke. I sent it to my shop and had it replaced with a Systema energy tappet plate thinking that will fix it. I get it back and it shot like crap compared to what it once was. Today nothing will feed into the barrel and if anything bbs will just roll out if I'm lucky. I called up evike.com and I explained my problem to them and they're saying that the Ares G36 uses a proprietary tappet plate, is that true? So now the gearbox to me is useless and I'm either going to have to find a shop that sells the tappet plate and have it installed. OR simply put a brand new gearbox into it. I'm wondering if I purchased a KWA g36 gearbox (from the pro shop) will it work as a drop in gearbox or will I have to modify it to fit. If you guys can help me out before I buy something I may regret I will really appreciate. THANKS :D I'm Open to any other suggestions as well!!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
G36's use a version 3 gear box so I assume that your Ares G36 is compatible with any version 3 gear box. However, you may need to make sure the selector plate will fit.

Sorry I can't provide any more advice. I'm sure there are others on here who know more about G36 gear boxes than I do.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
G36's use a version 3 gear box so I assume that your Ares G36 is compatible with any version 3 gear box. However, you may need to make sure the selector plate will fit.

Sorry I can't provide any more advice. I'm sure there are others on here who know more about G36 gear boxes than I do.
careful there, KWA gearboxes are slightly different. it uses the 2gx gearbox which i believe is slightly fatter than a marui gearbox.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Ah then disregard what I said. You may want to go into a store that sells the gear boxes (maybe call around the stores here) and see if they have a KWA Version 3 gear box and compare it to yours.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 PM

Yeah I live by Cleveland so there's no airsoft shops by me. If there was closer shop then yeah I'd compare the 2. How about a JG Gearbox? They're way cheaper and not as thick as the 2gx shell. ASTKilo23 did it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmukW...eature=g-all-c. Then again he's a technician, I'm not.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ Full-Auto View Post
Yeah I live by Cleveland so there's no airsoft shops by me. If there was closer shop then yeah I'd compare the 2. How about a JG Gearbox? They're way cheaper and not as thick as the 2gx shell. ASTKilo23 did it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmukW...eature=g-all-c. Then again he's a technician, I'm not.
I feel you on that, i live in medina and the trip down to columbus isnt one i take frequently

from my maintenance experience, most gearboxes are as simple as dropping them in. look on youtube for G36 disassembly, thatll show you the process
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM

beatleszach is a Recruit Private
KWA's gearbox's are bigger in general. A KWA 2gx wouldn't even fit in a normal body, because of the reinforcement in the front, but if you want to shave a little of your g36 KWA's gearbox's are amazing.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 PM

Jager is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Jager
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ Full-Auto View Post
I put a CA V3 box in my Ares G36 after having a crap load of problems. If a CA one works a JG/Echo1 would also work.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM

Which Ares G36 do you have and how's it taking the CA gearbox? Did you have to modify it to make it work/fit correctly? If you did, what did you do?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 AM

Jager is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Jager
I have the C version. I just did a direct gearbox swap with a small mod in the back of the GB and i swap out the hop chamber with a metal one i got from evike.com. Somehow air nozzle and the original hop chamber wasn't producing enough air seal. Oh the charging handle can not be pull back all the way anymore just only enough to get to the hop chamber.

Forgot one thing. Wiring that is what i have the most problem on. I am not the great a soldering so that took the most time. Original wiring is too short that needs to be extended just a bit so it can reach the handguard where the battery is located.

Last edited by Jager; 02-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Tags
ares g36, compatible, gearbox, kwa g36c

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: