Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 AM

Exterminator is a Private
New Airsoft field in Southeast Ohio

There is a new Airsoft course opening in Southeastern Ohio (Marietta, Ohio) and I'm trying to organize their first open event to get their field up and running. No date is planned as of yet, but I'm just trying to see how many people would go. The admission fee would be about $15 or $20 for the all day event and you can bring your own gun and ammo. Also, there would be some ammo for sale there and some guns for rent for any new comers who want to try it out. The field as of now is very bare bones but they are planning on adding more obstacles once we get this off the ground. Let me know if any of you would be interested in participating in this event. We want this to become a regular thing like open weekly or monthly.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
I would be interested in giving it a try. Do you happen to have, or plan to have any pictures of the place? A map or address so folks can look it up on googlemaps?
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:19 AM

sdk1968 is a Private
Marietta is also in driving distance for any of us on team TOG...

& we have lots of friends in the Pburg area who may want to try it out..

throw in pix..

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 PM

Exterminator is a Private
Rygar, yes the address is 1259 Hartline Rd., Whipple, OH. The place is called Magnum, Get Your Shot On! LLC. This is a real steal gun shop and shooting range and they are adding airsoft/paintball to their business. Right now, all the field consists of is some wooded acreage mixed with some open field and an old mobile home in the middle of the field which is going to be a base. The owner is planning on building some towers and obstacles around the trailer but as of this moment there is just the trailer. I live in Parkersburg, WV so this place is about 1/2 drive from my house. I love Fallen Warrior and this place is nothing compared to Fallen Warrior right now, but Fallen Warrior is also 2 hrs away from my house, which limits how often I can afford to play. So I'd really love to help keep this place going strong so we can have a field in my neck of the woods.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
MaM was the same kind of set up. RS firing range and paintball/airsoft together. The fields were separated safely, and other than the occasional customer at the range giving you a bit of a start when the RS shots go off, it was all good. sometimes, if you knew there was going to be some RS target shooting going on during the game, it kinda gave it a weird 'cool' background added realism to it.
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM

sdk1968 is a Private
yeah you just need to put out some more info/details...

what kind of size you talking about?

you've been to FW so come up and intro to us next time your there.

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Enough, consider this a warning guys, be civil.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:14 PM

kive33 is a Private
Is this field still under construction? I am new to airsoft and could bring around 8 people depending on what there doing to this field , we are from around Monroe & Washington county about 40 miles north of Whipple. We are interested in participating on this field sometime. We have are own weapons but we need some more ammo..This is the first time we've played on a field , we just do back woods airsoft now so it would be new to us. Plus I just bought a new AGM M14 to use. Is this field still alive , I don't see it on the airsoft fields ohio map. Thanks
-kive33-
Old 06-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Kive, normally I would PM this to you, but this might also help out newer folks in the future. Before you post to an older thread, which is called Necro-posting, do a little bit of research. Bringing up posts this old makes the admins and some older members grimace like an elderly person who slurped an old Ensure can that is five months past it's good date. The original poster to this thread hasn't been active on this forum since Nov. of 2013. I never heard anymore about this field since this was posted, so it's a safe bet that it never made it off the ground. Which is a pity....SE ohio could use a good field in the area. Love that area of Ohio, grew up there.

But, anyway, your best bet would be a choice of three places to play. FW field is probably the closest to folks in SE Ohio and sees a decent regular turnout for it's Opens and Op games. Springfield (Hidden valley Ranch) also has a good turnout usually. And, not sure exactly where you are, but some folks head north to a field that is technically in PA (Mercer is it?). I've never been there myself, so I can't give any info on that one.

This forum is sparsely populated now. It's not dead, but if it were a cat, I'd say it's used up a bunch of it's lives. Most of the activity, games listings, field sites, etc. are now on FB. The Airsoft Ohio FB page holds the same rules as this forum site does, as well as the AO classifieds group on FB. I'm sure once you get on there, folks can point you towards the various other field pages and whatnot to get signed up for. (FW, Springfield, Devils Playground, OOBI games)

Good Luck, Welcome to airsoft in OHio, and I hope to meet you on the field sometime!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:08 AM

kive33 is a Private
First off sorry if I broke the rules , I was excited about this field because I thought it might been up an active. Thanks for the help , looking forward to going to one of these fields sometime. Thanks!

Tags
airsoft, field, marietta, ohio, southeast

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: