Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:47 PM

sehret2010 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to sehret2010
Problems feeling hits

My friends and I enjoy playing some classic CTF along with some other variations, but we always seem to run into a problem when it comes to the flag-carrier:

They run. Thus, they cannot feel any BBs hitting them (to call themselves out & drop the flag) for a variety of factors, unless the shooter is point blank, which is just plain dangerous.

What we've come up with is they can't feel being hit because of adrenaline, movement of clothes acts as a shock absorber, and many times the flag carrier is running in the same direction as the BBs are flying (meaning much less energy transfer to the body = less/no sting). Also, you can't really rely on hearing a BB hitting you because of wind from running and whatnot.

Anyone have any suggestions how to still be able to play fast paced games like CTF, but still being able to keep it calm enough to feel (or at least hear) hits?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
1. what kind of guns do you use?

2. aim for the head

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 PM

sehret2010 is a Private
Most have CO2 pistols firing 350-400 FPS, I have TM G3-SG1 firing at 385 fps.
The rest have springers for now (but not feeling those isn't what I was really talking about).

And maybe I'm just a horrible marksman, but I think it's somewhat difficult to to hit a relatively small, erratically moving tarket with airsoft guns at any sort of range (even 30-40 ft.). I wholeheartedly agree though, they'd definitely feel headshots haha.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM

jeffdk06 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffdk06
Maybe have the flag carrier wear just a T-Shirt instead of a coat or what not? that would make it hard to NOT notice a hit, you would just have to be careful to avoid close range hits.
Jeff

AO Chat room:[Sidd] 6:40 pm: i will reach down your throat and rip out your nuts

www.Bladeforums.com
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 PM

Dante is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Dante
Sidd you should know this by now, you dont shoot for the head unless its the only thing showing.

you could try limiting the flag carrier to only walking or a slow jog. this would increase the need for protection around the carrier and it adds a twist to the game where tactics come more into play. thats the only thing i can think of, save taping a water balloon to their back as a target. one shot and the guy is wet.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
Yeah, this is a definitely a problem with airsoft, and I have yet to find a practical solution.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Atomic is a Private First Class
I am not so sure that not feeling them is the problem. I think that running definitely decreases your ability to feel shots, it's just sometimes they don't register for a couple seconds. I have had this happen to me, and I just call myself out, even if it is 5 seconds later, and say "hey, I think you got me."
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM

sehret2010 is a Private
Slowing the game down would be fine with me, I love the tactics and planning. Unfortunately, some of my friends' attention spans resemble that of a gnat's, and they are all about the fast paced run 'n gun CTF.

Thanks for the input though, maybe something like the water balloon idea could work.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM

Lutenit_chihuahua is Currently being Court Martialled
actually I was at dunhams just a week ago and they sell little paintballs used for airsoft guns maybe u could use those that way there is no arguements over whether he was hit.

but I have just started airsoft so I dont know if they jam or anything.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM

British is a Private
Send a message via AIM to British Send a message via Yahoo to British
NEVER put those in your gun. 1. it will void the warrenty on most guns. 2. it will jam the gun. and 3. this is airsoft. not paintball.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Lutenit_chihuahua is Currently being Court Martialled
ok. like I said I'm a noob to airsoft so it was just a suggestion. but thanks for telling me so now I won't buy any.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 PM

Snake Eyes is a Private
While this can be a problem, most people that have been playing airsoft for a long time know there is a distinct sound that you will hear when the BB hits you. Listen for that. If you play with trustworthy people, and everyone plays by the rule "If in doubt, call yourself out", you should be fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Evanish is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Evanish
This is when the trust of your other team mates around you comes in play. A true sport would tell the runner they have been hit. We always stress the importance of calling hits before each game and have never had a problem. I myself have been hit but not known but a team mat let me know which I raised my hand and called "out." No sport is fun when you cheat.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 AM

If worst comes to worst shoot the guy again.

and it he cheat habitually dont invite him back to play

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 AM

sehret2010 is a Private
We have only had problems when people are running because they literally don't feel or hear the hit, I wouldn't say anyone is deliberately cheating.

Having teammates help out is a great idea, I will definitely suggest it next time we play. If I as the shooter can see the BBs hitting and falling, I'm sure a teammate could as well.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 AM

I ask before

what kind of guns are you using

if you are just using cheap walmart style gun then i am surprise you can feel the hit at all, but if you are blasting some one with an upgraded AEG and they are saying they cant feel it then my friend they are a liar and a cheater

Old 07-06-2007, 10:14 AM

Tricky is a Private
He said previous in thread Most have CO2 pistols firing 350-400 FPS, He TM G3-SG1 firing at 385 fps.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Well if you guns are really shooting 350-400 then i dont see a reason why they wont feel it.

the rule I have always used was "keep shooting till they put their hands up,yell Hit , or you see a red rag"

also instead of body shots maybe tray legs or arms since they are less likely to have bulking gear

Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM

sehret2010 is a Private
C'mon Sidd, if we're mostly only playing with CO2 pistols, do you really think we have a ton of gear? At most, they might be wearing a camo jacket. But I do see your point.

I really don't think anyone is deliberately cheating though. With the adrenaline rush, unless the shooter is less than ~40ft away, even at 400fps, it's quite possible to not feel the hit (see above posts).

We could just make everyone play naked. Cups optional. That would solve the problems haha...
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
Yeah, I think it's legitimate to keep shooting until they feel it, as long as you're not doing it maliciously.

For example, in Blind Fury 3, a guy was yelling, in my direction, to call hits. Later I realized he was talking to me, at which time I discussed it with him and found out he had only fired one shot at me. -sigh- He said he saw it bounce off a mag pouch, so that's probably why I didn't feel it. He could have saved himself the stress, and me the apology, by firing a few more shots. I'm not saying he should have aimed for the ear or anything, just fired a few more shots to give me a chance to feel it. It would have saved him all that yelling.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Apok is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Apok
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBanker View Post
Yeah, I think it's legitimate to keep shooting until they feel it, as long as you're not doing it maliciously.

For example, in Blind Fury 3, a guy was yelling, in my direction, to call hits. Later I realized he was talking to me, at which time I discussed it with him and found out he had only fired one shot at me. -sigh- He said he saw it bounce off a mag pouch, so that's probably why I didn't feel it. He could have saved himself the stress, and me the apology, by firing a few more shots. I'm not saying he should have aimed for the ear or anything, just fired a few more shots to give me a chance to feel it. It would have saved him all that yelling.
Thats generaly what my group does when we play. We have one person that gives us problems so we just shoot him till he finally calls out. This would also be the same person that doesnt observe MEDs.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM

Caleb Schuster is a Private
Heavy Flag?

I like the idea of having the flag runner having to slow down but it would make the game even less realistic to say that you can only walk with the flag; in the last game where I stopped a flag runner 165 rounds from a bb shower shell did the trick, but he was not that far away.
If you are shooting at approx 50ft or so make sure you lead them a little, it really can be hard to hit a running target at a distance. Upgrading to .25 bb could also help.

One more idea to add is using a larger object say a full cooler or somthing else large and heavy in place of the flag.
I'm also looking for help with this project Let me know if your interested.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:24 PM

sehret2010 is a Private
CTB... Capture the Beer, any takers?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM
FatTek

you could look into using .25's in your gun and. If they don't feel the first one, hit them 50 or 60 times... Eventually one will hit a tender spot and when they say an obscenity very loudly that's usually a result of lots of pain
Old 07-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Gjorndian is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Gjorndian Send a message via MSN to Gjorndian Send a message via Yahoo to Gjorndian
If they are using springers then this rule wouldn't really apply because it wouldn't be useable.

But what we do is fire 2 shots at least. Just like in SWAT, on the PD, and in the Military..they train you to fire 2 shots..that way you know the guy is dead.

Although he may complain that he is out and your second shot hit him (bonus bb? lol). You at least know you did get him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: