Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Atlas is a Private
Support Guns

i have a question about 'support guns' (i.e. support gunners, SAW's, e.t.c.). So, here it is: 1) in general, what do most fields consider a 'Support Weapon/SAW'? 2) what are your opinions about what a 'Support Weapon/SAW' is?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Bronco is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
i have a question about 'support guns' (i.e. support gunners, SAW's, e.t.c.). So, here it is: 1) in general, what do most fields consider a 'Support Weapon/SAW'? 2) what are your opinions about what a 'Support Weapon/SAW' is?
Anything that is considered a suppor weapon in real life. This means slapping a box mag on your M4 doesn't count whereas an M249 or RPK is good to go.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM

DrenneR is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
A a new player, you should take your gun to chrono at an airsoft shop BEFORE you go to a game. If the gun is shooting high, they can help you downgrade to the velocity you need to play at. Waiting to chrono at the game, means if you are shooting high, you likely won't be able to play.

Or, maybe just buy your gun from the shop in the first place...
only shops around here are at the fields, but will take into consideration.

edit: got msot of my BDUS today im so happy

Last edited by DrenneR; 01-05-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:33 PM

Rabiddawg is a Private
I have read through all the posts in this thread. My sons are the ones that will be playing airsoft through their school JROTC classmates.
I am sure I will be having many stupid questions in the near future.

We are searching for camo right now. we have watched some youtube videos and cannot decide which will be best for the central ohio area.
I am think just the regular old woodlands or the new mapart woodland digital.
what have you had the best luck with or seen.
thank you
Old 03-14-2014, 03:23 PM

mac50 is a Private
Woodland is probably the best for Ohio
Old 03-14-2014, 03:56 PM

Phoenix is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabiddawg View Post
I am think just the regular old woodlands or the new mapart woodland digital.
what have you had the best luck with or seen.
thank you
If you are looking for darker camos those two are the best for the price point, especially since both can be found in surplus stores or online (such as eBay).

I wear Multicam more often, as I have found it to work better in my opinion. Although I still own MARPAT pants and two full sets of Woodlands, and still wear them every now and then. Can't go wrong with the classic woodland.

Namaste
Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM

evanwormer is a Private
If you want to be awesome get some AOR2
It's a woodland camo but it's a bit lighter and works well in these areas
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM

Rabiddawg is a Private
evan... I do like the AOR2 but needing to dress 2 kids with it its out of my price range.

They are going to their grandpas this weekend and there is a fairly large military presence there and he said they actually have some uni's at the thrift stores. hopefully they can find some stuff there for the cheap.

another question that i have is my one son is only 5'3" and about 75lbs. almost all the vests I have found are one size fits all. they do not fit very well at all. I have a hard time believing they do not make sizes especially for military issue styled ones.
do they actually make a small size... I have seen the one for kids but I am afraid they will be too small for him
Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 PM

evanwormer is a Private
Correct me if I'm wrong, but plate carriers are sized by what the plate size they carry
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM

ld513 is a Private
That's how most are sized, some have two sizes though (one for cummerbund, one for vest) so you can get a really good fit ie Mayflower APC.

You might have better luck with a chest rig or small PC like a JPC (even that might be too big) with an elastic cummerbund (see skdtac.com for the PIG elastic) and a pontoon set (again PIG on skd I think)...

Last edited by ld513; 03-20-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM

rofbiaof is a Private
Quote:
do they actually make a small size... I have seen the one for kids but I am afraid they will be too small for him
I know 321 Airsoft in Cincy had carried small size crossdraw vests for some time though i'm not sure if they still have them, if you're close enough you can check it out. I also know that condor makes a small chest rig that you could tighten down to fit. My younger cousin had used one of these and it seemed to fit well enough so long as you don't plan on carrying copious amounts of magazines.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...ducts_id=10916
Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM

Preacher is a Private
Rabidawg I had that same problem when I started. In order to make the vest fit better tighten it up to fit him and then place cardboard in the plate pocket of the vest. And most Airsoft vest are 1 size fits all because we don't need SAPI plates. Real ones like eagle are sized for small to xl sized SAPI plates. Flyye also sizes the plate carries small to large. Your best bet would be to get him a small or medium Flyye platter carrier and stuff the inside with cardboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Crazysniperman is a Private
YouTube

Hi everyone I am Crazysniperman I would just like to recommed my youtube channel to anyone interested in reviews of airsoft guns, real guns, knives, tactical gear and all kinds of other "Manly" things you might like. I also do game footage from local games such as Blind Fury and smaller games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crazysniperman
Old 06-04-2014, 03:52 PM

kismet is a Private
Quote:
evan... I do like the AOR2 but needing to dress 2 kids with it its out of my price range.

They are going to their grandpas this weekend and there is a fairly large military presence there and he said they actually have some uni's at the thrift stores. hopefully they can find some stuff there for the cheap.

another question that i have is my one son is only 5'3" and about 75lbs. almost all the vests I have found are one size fits all. they do not fit very well at all. I have a hard time believing they do not make sizes especially for military issue styled ones.

Sorry sir i do not know if you have already solved this problem or not but I had the exact same problem for a while and came to a conclusion. Chest rigs zip down pretty small I would recommend the Gryffin Golem or a Condor one. From my experiences with a bit of work they will fit anyone.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:53 PM

ThePIGI King is a Private
I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer on Google. I'm starting to get more into Gas Guns and learn about them, and I see a lot of spare Co2 Mags, but I can't find the Co2 version of the gun. My question is, can gas guns take either Co2 or Green gas interchangeably, or do you need a specific gun to take a Co2 mag and a specific gun to take green gas mags? Thanks in advance,

PIGI
Old 06-20-2014, 09:08 PM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
what's the general opinion on tanks/halftracks/tracked vehicles?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 PM

Phoenix is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfacethe3rd View Post
Like real real? Or bbwarz real?

Namaste
Old 06-20-2014, 09:36 PM

viper is a Private
Assuming you are talking about airsoft it's a cool idea but every gun shoots 6mm bbs no matter what. Unless you get a nerf football. And the fact that a tracked anything will cost a pretty penny.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfacethe3rd View Post
They are cool when used in a responsible manner. Blizzard, the team I am on has one of the best vehicles in Ohio and it is very effective.

I personally would love to see more vehicle ops in airsoft as modern militaries are generally mechanized forces. Basically we play airsoft as armies in the 1930s-WW2 would have done, heavy basis on infantry.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 06-21-2014, 01:11 PM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Like real real? Or bbwarz real?
like this, but with tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
They are cool when used in a responsible manner. Blizzard, the team I am on has one of the best vehicles in Ohio and it is very effective.

I personally would love to see more vehicle ops in airsoft as modern militaries are generally mechanized forces. Basically we play airsoft as armies in the 1930s-WW2 would have done, heavy basis on infantry.
do you have any pics of it? I would love to see it.

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"

Last edited by epicfacethe3rd; 06-21-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Interprets things far too literally....

ReverseFlank is a Private
The video of the tank you linked to was used in events hosted at Red Dragon in SW Ohio years ago.

It is absolutely useless.
But why do we bother doing anything that's pointless. What would Leonardo Da Vinci have done if a management consultant forced him to run a P&L on the Mona Lisa? He'd stab the son of a ***** in the eye with a charcoal pencil. Then he'd go invent the helicopter.

[Texx] 11:14 pm: giving Loki Neg Rep is like pissing on a forest fire...sure its fun and toasty but come on
Old 06-21-2014, 10:03 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseFlank View Post
The video of the tank you linked to was used in events hosted at Red Dragon in SW Ohio years ago.

It is absolutely useless.
what ever happened to that tank? Did it die or was it just sold?
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 06-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Moldybeaverbones is a Private
Why does it seem that on the older side of airsofters, they have 0% tolerance towards children? I know that there are some brats that play that never call their hits and other crap but what about the kids that don't do crap, I think it would be better to give the good kids a chance
Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 PM

Yost93 is a Private
Because change is bad to a lot of people. If you go the extra mile to prove to these people that you're a competent player then it won't be an issue. However, you really shouldn't care about other peoples' opinion of yourself and there are plenty of veteran players that would love to take a younger player "under their wing" so to speak, you just gotta talk to people and find which ones are willing to do that.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:56 PM

kismet is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldybeaverbones View Post
Why does it seem that on the older side of airsofters, they have 0% tolerance towards children? I know that there are some brats that play that never call their hits and other crap but what about the kids that don't do crap, I think it would be better to give the good kids a chance
If you put your best foot forwards and they dont except then they are not worth your thought time. Anger is like letting someone else live rent free in your head. Just ignore them or smile and wave. The older ones who will teach you will except you as you are. I have met some of the nicest people at airsoft and i have also some of the worst. Be the better person and hold the moral high ground. Show them that some of us are not just better than those of us the same age but also better than some of the older ones. Age is no measure than maturity so be sure to prove that. You could also just think nasty things. That is at least my opinion on it but others differ.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: