Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > Other Retailers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 181 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Universe View Post
A winner. Or the very thing that destroys this sport.
Explain? I see no problem with this. The thing that will destroy our sport are idiots on Fox robbing banks with cheap Walmart guns, not a high quality airsoft gun tethered to a tank.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 10-05-2011, 05:40 AM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
Quote:
^what panda said or your very attitude towards new issues will kill the sport.
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Mothman is a Private
I just think that this thing may make airsoft too hard to get into. I mean, this thing is already cheaper than building a sniper rifle. I see this becoming just like the PTW (just not crappy). Everyone that can afford a 450 dollar drop in kit will consider it, or if they didn't to begin with they will after its starts to catch on. You'll end up with an elite few who will completely outclass everyone with a mechanical gearbox. Already this thing outclasses the mech box in overall cost (for the performance), FPS, ROF, Reliability, and trigger response. Not everyone wants to carry a tank either, but if this starts catching we may just have to... and it just got a whole lot more expensive to get into, like the old days all over again.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Quote:
I just think that this thing may make airsoft too hard to get into. I mean, this thing is already cheaper than building a sniper rifle. I see this becoming just like the PTW (just not crappy). Everyone that can afford a 450 dollar drop in kit will consider it, or if they didn't to begin with they will after its starts to catch on. You'll end up with an elite few who will completely outclass everyone with a mechanical gearbox. Already this thing outclasses the mech box in overall cost (for the performance), FPS, ROF, Reliability, and trigger response. Not everyone wants to carry a tank either, but if this starts catching we may just have to... and it just got a whole lot more expensive to get into, like the old days all over again.
You know, there was this quote I saw on another board by a Marine who plays airsoft in CA. I like it, a lot, so I think I'll use it in this particular instance;

"Amateurs always talk hardware. Professionals talk software."

Read into that quote and think about what it means, and how it can better your play. It bettered mine.

I don't think this gun is going to revolutionize the sport as we know it.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Red I think you raise a very valid point. The thing to consider as well is that I can give a moron a 700 dollar gearbox to drop into a rifle and that in no way guarantees he/she will use it in a competitively advantageous way. Simply he can waste bb's faster, farther and scream louder that his super awesome pownzor rifle of doom like totally hit me man .

Think about Old Spice and his 99 dollar UTG M14. That thing shoots 190 feet if it shoots an inch, is dead on accurate and is one of the most feared weapons in the Raider's collective arsenal. Part of that is the range and accuracy, but more of it is the hands that guide it. Just some food for thought.

Panda and Brenden I will disagree that resistance to things such as this will kill or contribute to the downfall of the sport. Attitude on the field is what kills the sport, not a legit discussion on the boards .
Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 PM

sdk1968 is a Private
range and tactics KILL.

a new gun is exactly that... a new gun.

wasnt too long ago when people said these new fangled AEG's would never work.

then they said it about the gas guns..

and now this set up.

nothing wrong with it if its in your price range. just like owning any other high end gun out there.

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Your view on the game is what changes it, the changing equipment can effect it, but just because those guys can shoot 100 yards, does that REALLY mean they are better? Superior tactics, team cohesion, and marksmanship combined will win the game (which I just lost... back to seriousness). What matters is how you play the game, not what you use to play it.

(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Torque is a Private
Also, even though they claim hitting 100 yards @ 420 fps, I'm still incredulous on that claim.

The only gas guns I'm aware of that can pull that off around that same fps are the classic Asahi or Kokusai Crimebuster guns that were super-tuned and had custom LRBs installed.

But with an AEG style hopup and inner barrel though? Maybe 500fps+, but not that low.

Last edited by Torque; 10-06-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Panda is a Private
that's a football field away, I don't know. It sounds impossible, but when you are 100 yards from something it seems plausible. That may be my CC brain, but I don't know..
Quote:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
But if I can shoot 300ft and you can only shoot 200ft, I have a distinct advantage over you. Think about muskets vs rifles, its the same idea.

Not saying it will make you uber awesome, but there is a reason why we all upgrade our guns.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Mothman is a Private
I don't. Unless a 203 is considered an upgrade.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
But if I can shoot 300ft and you can only shoot 200ft, I have a distinct advantage over you. Think about muskets vs rifles, its the same idea.

Not saying it will make you uber awesome, but there is a reason why we all upgrade our guns.
And I agree wholly, but as far as I'm concerned I'll make sure they're in my range so I can fight back. I'm pretty sure as we speak Italian is in some dungeon of his house upgrading his G36 to shoot that far with that ROF...

Quote:
I don't. Unless a 203 is considered an upgrade.
Well, upgrading your gun may solve some range and ROF issues...

Quote:
Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 PM

IRONMAN is a Private
Quote:
Or improves it...

At least we won't see an MP5 outrange this on the field. Much more "realisic" if you ask me. Of course there has to be proper rules enforced if this is allowed on the field with that setting(semi-only, MED 50 feet, etc..). 420fps with .4s means this gun will shoot .2s well over 550fps, maybe 600fps. Thats VERYY hot...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I'm pretty sure as we speak Italian is in some dungeon of his house upgrading his G36 to shoot that far with that ROF...
ROF for now. Range when I have the time, and a spare AEG, to experiment with various other forms of applying hop to the BB.

Also, the dungeon has been taken over by two, yes two, college girls. Wether this is good or bad? The world may never know...
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian View Post
ROF for now. Range when I have the time, and a spare AEG, to experiment with various other forms of applying hop to the BB.

Also, the dungeon has been taken over by two, yes two, college girls. Wether this is good or bad? The world may never know...
just like with the boyfriend blog, we'll need pics.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 PM

Mothman is a Private
Quote:
Well, upgrading your gun may solve some range and ROF issues...
Did I say at any point I have range or ROF issues? No. Its why I don't upgrade my guns. I do just fin with them the way they are. Yeah, 30 BBs a second is cool, but when your gun blows up every other game that kinda sucks the fun out of it. While all these high speeds are sitting in the staging area screwing with their guns all mine still work as intended, and I do just fine with them. I never once said I had a problem with performance now. However when you need to put several hundred dollars into a mechanical gearbox just to get it to compete... then we'll have a problem.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpig07 View Post
just like with the boyfriend blog, we'll need pics.
BRB setting up cameras.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM

slim. is a Private
I better be invited over soon...
Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Pro Communitus

As funny as some of this has been, remember to keep it on topic guys, Lol.

Torque, they were shooting .40gram BBs at that FPS, just like Berk mentioned.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
So video of this magical gun, or it didn't happen.
^This, 'nuff said. Some video proof to scare away the haters/nonbelievers/me.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 AM

Torque is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Torque, they were shooting .40gram BBs at that FPS, just like Berk mentioned.
Oh, they mean't 420fps after the .40g bbs were factored in? Got it, somehow I misread that part.

So that does mean they were at something like 600fps. Yes, in that case 100 yrds would be doable. But then that could be true for any high quality, well-tuned AEG with a good hop up.

Last edited by Torque; 10-06-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Thenowhereman42 is a Private
Very interesting gun. To me it is basically a paintball gun that shoots BBs. Not so much in function, but in application. Back when I played paintball, I never had my tank on a tether because it annoyed me less to have it attached to the gun. So with this gun I would rather have the tank attached to the gun. Which makes it a lot worse than an AEG.

HPA tanks are also expensive, costing over $100, and they go bad every few years. I have two of my current AEG, one with a broken body I purchased for $30 to use as a parts gun. My AEG has been going for over 3 years and I've never spent more than that $30. In contrast, I would have had to spend over $100 on upkeep if I owned a Polarstar, because HPA tanks are only good for 3-5 years. And that is not including possible repairs to the gun.

Also, you have to make sure not run out of air while you are playing. This means you are going to be aware of how many shots you are putting out. Which is the exact reason I left paintball in the first place (expensive paint, try to conserve ammo). I don't know about you guys but where I play it would take at least an hour to go refill my tank and get back to the field, so running out of air would essentially mean the end of the day.

I don't think that people being able to quickly adjust FPS with this AEG will be a problem, but the solution offered by the reviewer was not appropriate because in paintball there is actually a big problem with people getting chrono'd and then adjusting FPS higher afterwords. In the tournament scene this isn't a problem, but just at the local recreational field it can be. That's why paintball refs carry chronographs with them on the field. But only dicks turn up their FPS and I don't think there are many dicks in airsoft seeing as the whole sport is basically run on the honor system. Plus airsoft BBs don't hurt even at 500FPS so who cares.

Very interesting idea, but I'll be passing on this one. Plus it costs over double what I usually spend on an AEG, so I could actually get two for the price of this gun. That RPS put out by the non-production model is absurd though.

EDIT: Oh and first post, you got a nice forum here I've been lurking for years.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:32 PM

dubbs is a Recruit Private
Very nice first post! I see much in store for you.

Now I think $100 just for upkeep is a stretch. A higher end hpa tank will last for 5 years and cost around $150, so thats 30 dollars, just like a normal aeg.

If you spent 100 dollars on upkeep on a hundred dollar tank, you would be buying a new tank practically every year or so.

But if you ask me, any upgrades would be with the hop-up chamber and various external attachments.
I'm not drinking your Koolaid.
INGINE: Just don't think about the game
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
INGINE: Just think of glorious boobage, games are for chumps.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Thenowhereman42 is a Private
Actually I was saying that I would spend $100 every 3-5 years on a new tank, and over the last 3 years I have spent only $30 total on upkeep for my AEG. And I won't spend any more money on upkeep for the foreseeable future. So after 5 years with the polarstar I would be looking at $100-$150, plus if the tank does last for 5 years then I spent about $40 testing it at the 3 year mark, as opposed to $30 upkeep over 5 years on my standard AEG.

Last edited by Thenowhereman42; 10-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenowhereman42 View Post
Actually I was saying that I would spend $100 every 3-5 years on a new tank, and over the last 3 years I have spent only $30 total on upkeep for my AEG. And I won't spend any more money on upkeep for the foreseeable future. So after 5 years with the polarstar I would be looking at $100-$150, plus if the tank does last for 5 years then I spent about $40 testing it at the 3 year mark, as opposed to $30 upkeep over 5 years on my standard AEG.
I don't think Polar star will replace the standard AEG technology with their product. You bring up decent points, but I have to ask, do your guns perform the same way (we're not talking which is better, but statistics wise, does your gun do what the polar star gun does)? It won't ease of use wise, but it may get similar performance for 1/2 of the cost. What is it worth to you? This is ultimately the question.

This point is brought up every time an expensive gun is introduced or popularized. PTWs were before this (quite frankly the polar star is cheap compared to the PTW by several hundreds of dollars).

The performance I was seeing out of Moses' PR15 was quite nice. I saw it last weekend, and honestly, what REALLY made me like it was how quiet the dang thing was. He didn't have it at an insane ROF or FPS, and it fired consistently. Apparently he had some user issues getting it running in the early AM, but it ran fine the rest of the day.

I personally would want to back up Polar star for the fact that they're made in the USA. It's nice to see an airsoft gun made in the USA. But I wouldn't want to own the product because you're right - filling tanks could become a hassle if you run out at the wrong time or place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: