Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM

john is a Private
Namsoft

anyone in the area interested in vietnam based games?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
As stated in the previous thread on Namsoft, OOBI is putting together a Vietnam game next summer. The player pack is being put together now as well as determining era as well as how strict requirements need to be. That lovely balance between full immersion and getting enough players to show up to make it worth it.

I know the widowmakers out of Ohio have some of the coolest Vietnam impressions I've seen and I know I've talked to one or two of them about drumming up interest in namsoft.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM

john is a Private
Right, I was tryin to get more people interested in your efforts. I think i could talk a few sabre guys into being the vc.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM

Billybilly is a Private
I would be interested I have my tiger stripe and am working on getting xm177 or a m16a1
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM

SABER is a Private
Widowmakers would be interested in some 'namsoft.
keep me in the loop.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Space Wizard

I just saw this was in the NEO section . That'll teach me to browse AO on my phone lol.

What I can tell you so far is this.

1. The game is slated to be a 24 hour event unless you are playing VC. The VC will show up that Friday and deploy a full day before the US forces. They have the entire day to set up camp, plan ambushes, set traps etc. The VC have captured a CIA liaison in a remote listening post on the Cambodian border. The intelligence as well as the operative are critical to US operations in the area.

2. The US forces will deploy Saturday with the only exception being 20 or so players who have volunteered to set up the base camp Friday night. The forces entering play Saturday are a company sized element reinforcing the platoon at the FOB on suspicion of major VC activity in the area. They will hike the mountain to get to the FOB and set up from there.

3. For gear restriction we are limiting players to alice gear, EDRL (M81 woodland in a pinch), solid OD or subdued tiger stripe. Weapons will be limited to the M14 (full sized only), M4 with carry handle (simulating an XM-177), M16 (handguards a must) simulating an A1. Obviously period specific gear is a plus and those who come in full nam kit will get recognition or perhaps an in game perk. Ammunition and food will be delivered via "airdrop" at intervals during the game to the FOB. We are thinking 2 MRE's per player as part of the admission cost. We looked for C-Rats but I'm fairly sure they would kill you if you ate them .

4. Immersion is the name of the game for this one. While we realize there is a level of immersion lost allowing an M4 with handguards and a carry handle is not an XM177 or an M16A4 with a handle and handguards isn't an A1 we realized that allowing similar weapons would help encourage players to try out a new way of playing airsoft. We are planning a pyro budget, looking at surplus illumination flares etc as well.

Any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated .
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM

john is a Private
i realize that you want to have this game next year so that give plenty of prep time for players. But for more interest why not ease in the immersion so that people don't have to buy new guns for a newly forming theme of games.

Start with dress codes and allow non nam weapons. supply green dressings for people to cover their guns with in the event that someone has to bring an acr to play. people will get tired of this and buy the appropriate gear. Also putting these people on VC can help with immersion and its a great way for people to check out namsoft without diving into the full loadout.

i like your ideas of having the game being an overnight/ dig in mission.

What about limiting loaded ammo right from the beginning? provide stick loaders cut for 30/20 rounds.

Where is the proposed field for the game?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Space Wizard

I like the idea of weapon covers, allows players as you said to ease into it. The gear restrictions we were comfortable with as they are cheap and readily available at any surplus store. We are looking at a sponsor in that regard who would want to give discounts on impressions as well as possibly show up onsite to vend. If a lot of players show up in legit impressions and there is a guys selling the kit to get you legit for not a lot of money, win win.

As for ammo we toyed around with the idea of limiting players to 3 midcaps each or unlimited low caps. This would translate to roughly 13 magazines for M16 platform weapons or as many lowcaps as you can carry. Limiting the reloading to when you are in base or special ammo resupply runs in the field. It is a long way off to be sure but this is something we want to get it right.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM

Fat Rambo is a Private
i really want to play a vietnam game. i have so much money into my kit and im the only one

--------------------------------------------------

Old 08-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Mallets is a Private
would i have to cut my tattoo off since its a 90's pokemon??

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 AM

Ghost1186 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ghost1186
You'd know I'd be down, got an M14 and a Mossberg 500(stereotypical dark skin guy), that should work right?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 PM

Panda is a Private
I'd Namsoft so hard as VC so I can use my glorious Azn guerrilla tactics passed down in my genes, although I do have a full Nam-approved OD uniform and ALICE kit.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 AM

Fat Rambo is a Private
so sad this thread died

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: