Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM

SgtRoc is a Private
G3 upgrades

Before anyone says ewww a JG G3, I like the G3 platform. I know I should have gone with a CA or TM but I didn't.

Now on to my question I have a JG G3 and I want to make it a good shooting gun, as of right now it hits a soup can 3 out of 10 shots at 100' with a few fliers, but for the most part it is pretty much around the target.
What should I upgrade to make it a better gun?

Also any insight from other JG G3 gun owners would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Roc
Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 PM

Jables is a Private
First off, buy a couple of extra G3 mags. JG's mags are...pretty freakin' stupid. Secondly, replace the mech shell. Might want to throw a tightbore in it for better results. Trust me, it shoots far, but no one feels it.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM

Black_Bird is a Private
Hey there's nothing wrong with a JG G3 especially since TM and CA G3's are getting harder to come by. I currently own a TM G3 and have dropped more money than I care to think about into it over the years. For a clone gun usually the first thing I would replace is the hop up bucking. They generally aren't all that great and it can usually make a big difference in performance. Beyond that I would recommend looking into parts improve the consistency. So a nice cylinder set(cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head) and new air nozzle that has an o-ring.The better the air seal the more consistent your FPS will be between shots and the tighter the groupings will be. If nothing else a good cleaning and greasing of the gearbox doesn't hurt. They tend to over grease the gearboxes.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Jables is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Bird View Post
Hey there's nothing wrong with a JG G3 especially since TM and CA G3's are getting harder to come by. I currently own a TM G3 and have dropped more money than I care to think about into it over the years. For a clone gun usually the first thing I would replace is the hop up bucking. They generally aren't all that great and it can usually make a big difference in performance. Beyond that I would recommend looking into parts improve the consistency. So a nice cylinder set(cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head) and new air nozzle that has an o-ring.The better the air seal the more consistent your FPS will be between shots and the tighter the groupings will be. If nothing else a good cleaning and greasing of the gearbox doesn't hurt. They tend to over grease the gearboxes.
I actually owned one of the JG G3s. I literally told him to replace everything that broke on my gun.

I forgot the mention the hop-up. And JG G3s are as bad as people say they are..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: