Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 PM

Blackeagles Delta is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackeagles Delta
i had to leave early, it was just my first time out using a saw.i had alot of fun with the guys from 6MM Militia.

Last edited by Blackeagles Delta; 07-15-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 PM

Mullet is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Yahoo to Mullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rctaylor View Post
I had a lot of fun, running with Thiel's crew at the beginning- Whoever was medic knows sure seems like he's done it before. And the other guy (In the Marpat pants and tan vest-I had never thought to ask your name)--who helped lay some good cover fire on top of the ridge-- you are a good team player.
Not sure if this is directed towards me or the other guy with MARPAT on the ridge, but ditto this post exactly. The guy (you?) with the upgraded M16A2 and tan MOLLE gear and all-over MARPAT did an excellent job on the ridge and just all over.

(And thanks to bnag for getting me reloaded while I was proning on the ridge behind that tree.)

Great moments from the AO Chat room:
[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
of the opinion of seriousness of the topic of seriousness. I'm so serious...."
Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 PM

Silverback is a Private
Well, after having a few hours to sit back and assess the damage I guess today wasn't too bad even though our forces(US) got stomped pretty badly and with the few instances that people weren't making there calls when hit I had an OK time. Thanks to the 91st and thank you 6mm for letting me roll with you guys. I did unfortunately LOSE my mag to my TM P226. It has Sig Sauer 9mm stamped on the side. If someone by chance happened to find it, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PM me. It's less than a week old!

Last edited by Silverback; 07-16-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Disposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a Corporal
Yes, props to the hosting team for an excellent event, lets all remember the pros of the event, and yes, there were cons, but there are everywhere. I enjoyed running with you Disciple, meeting a few new guys, and watching Mr. Kong's obscene gestures when nobody was around....All in all fantastic day, worth every penny. Love to come back for a sequel or something of the sort. Easy to bribe the role players with "Gum Gum"....Great day.

The Disposed
Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Ghost1186 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ghost1186
Great game for the insurgents, sorry to the U.S. for the steam rolling. Had a great time seeing old faces, and meeting new ones too, RC Taylor welcome for rolling with us, its always nice having a bigger squad than 5 guys, bnagley on the "charge of the medics" that was me you lent your gun to and that was sweet until i got shot in the mouth by those sneaky US forces hiding in the tall grass. Evilhead thanx for bringing your squad around and stomping ours, special thanx to my rear guard for that 1, lol. Also sorry for lighting you up the second time i got you out, but you guy definitely paid me back. 91st great event i had a blast. hope to see you all soon!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 AM

lazybum is a Private
Good game everyone, I had a good time even with all the problems and good job to the 91st had some good ideas i definitely liked the bandage system better than the 1 minute heal. Sorry to the US team for getting steamrolled and good job to the US forces that remand to the end. Bnagley I'm actually Doc Team Ronins medic I was there with you when we took the US medics bandages from him that was funny and thanks for being a good sport to the US medic that we had captured near the end of the first mission.

Last edited by lazybum; 07-15-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:34 AM

Xenos 8 is a Private
The event was great especailly on the planning end. The things that went wrong were unforseen for the most part. I had a great time rolling with SPEAR in Charlie company and thanks for taking us in. One thing that hasn't been said that I'm gonna say is the IEDs. I was an EOD and I never saw one or got a call about one, perhaps they were hidden further into the woods where I never made it. I know Mobius saw 2, but couldn't disarm them. Any chance of me getting the ones I brought back? Haha no worries if not, they went to a great cause.

Thankyou 91st for puting on a great event

Thankyou especially to everyone who came, played fair, and made it fun

Master Chief's Face
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Rctaylor is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Rctaylor
There were a few IEDs near the factory, one had a silver cell phone taped onto a (Green gas?) canister of something. They were right off the trails, but the factory was pretty deep in the woods.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:09 AM

Windex is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Windex
haha, uuhh wow I think the only thing we should have done differently is either had a lunch break or switch sides with the US. Who ever saw me fall down the hill at the entrance to the field...haha that musta been funny to see. Fell right on my gun and a rock on my knee..that was nice. Who ever had the m249 above me at like 2pm..hehe hope ya had a good laugh with that.

Other then that it was alright, minor confusion through the game on psp's and targets.

civilian people in the village..hehe
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 AM

lttldude9 is a Private
I'd have to agree with everybody else. Great event, same cons for the us, but it was a neat and different type of warfare by being in that tall grass. Have never done that before. This was also my first time being medic, and I loved it; I like the medic system this time (hate 1 min). Thanks 91st for a great event, please make another. The cons were somthing you couldn't expect in a game until afterward.
Keep up the good work.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Yeah, the IEDs were deeper into the forest closer to the factory. There were a good 30 of them scattered around all along out there.

The whole fight was supposed to stay in the forest after the Insurgent objectives were taken. For the insurgents, there was no reason to really stay out in the field other than to shoot the people. MILSIM is usually directed at the objectives, and not the players, but that's what you get when a few new players decide to spawn camp and confusion sets in. It should have been clarified that the far half houses were the U.S. spawn, not a forward spawn point. THAT, is out fault.

I was talking to a few guys from S.P.E.A.R. who ended up disappointed at the end of the day, and they were saying "I wanted to defuse bombs, blow up factories and search for stuff today. It didn't happen, and that sucks. I was having a lot of fun when we found those few IEDs. I'm pissed that it ended up just a run and gun, it's unfortunate." These people had the mentality of a MILSIM airsofter, and I really hope that we can find people that dedicated to the MILSIM style of play instead of paintsoft. This was an objective based event, but it seemed that people weren't really into the objectives. Even if people say they like MILSIM, most of the time I've seen that when people get on the field, it's just shoot and take cover..

Lesson learned on this event; We're going to make the objectives a little more in-depth and we're going to place the objectives in the APPROPRIATE places.

It ended up being a paint-soft event, and we won't let that happen on our next one.

It's really disappointing to see that almost no one saw the IEDs. Some of them were really cool looking.

Last edited by Red; 07-15-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Names.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 AM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Hey, Followme, Paul gave you your radio back right, thanks for letting me use it for the day!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 AM

FollowMe is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Hey, Followme, Paul gave you your radio back right, thanks for letting me use it for the day!
Yes I got it back, and I want to say thanks to you and the Rangers that actually showed up.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Miku is a Private First Class
Firstly, I would like to thank the 91st for hosting this event. Overall I had a good day, I've never been more tired either, I don't think even BA2 took so much out of me. Had a great time running with SPEAR, Spartans, and Djackson. It as also great to meet a few of the "regulars" to the AO chatroom. As others have mentioned, I found almost no IED's, just two, but at that point the Stikers had pretty much taken the village and I was shot dead. It was also fun to finally get to be on the recieving end of a Strikers assault, it was quite different then leading it with them. Kudos to the US medic that was wearing a paintball mask, that I kept giving orders to, you did a great job.

To the roleplayers, you guys did a fantastic job.

I myself did take a few pictures, and I will get them up when I can.

Bones, you still get my best dressed award, and it was good to see you again.

Iron Maiden, I hope you are alright, I saw you having to use a cane at the end of the day.

Lu, I had a great time with you and Output as well. I'm sorry I couldn't come to dinner with you afterwards. I will next time definatly.

Last edited by Miku; 07-15-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 AM

Doc_Blaze has been Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to Doc_Blaze
I just wanted to say that I wasnt one of the campers that decided to rape the U.S. respawn. So once I found that out that the respawn was getting raped that's when it started to get boring because I was just waiting in the village and nobody was coming. Strategically speaking, it was a good thing what they were doing. Fun wise, wasn't very fun and I know it couldn't have been fun for both sides especially the U.S. side. I know I didn't have fun when they were camping the spawn.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 PM

1badmp is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to 1badmp Send a message via MSN to 1badmp Send a message via Yahoo to 1badmp
First I want to say thamks to the 91st for having us out, second thanks to all the Rangers who made it and fought a long hard fight. We may have lost but it was fun and I still got some kills. Overall not bad for my first major op.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM

AlphaSix is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
haha, uuhh wow I think the only thing we should have done differently is either had a lunch break or switch sides with the US. Who ever saw me fall down the hill at the entrance to the field...haha that musta been funny to see. Fell right on my gun and a rock on my knee..that was nice. Who ever had the m249 above me at like 2pm..hehe hope ya had a good laugh with that.

Other then that it was alright, minor confusion through the game on psp's and targets.

civilian people in the village..hehe
That was me Nah, I wasn't laughing, but it was good to see you were okay after that. You made a damned fine effort to stay on your feet, but when you went down, you got right back up and kept going..

+100 on that one!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:09 PM

TunnelRat294 is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to TunnelRat294
Well if i have anything to say about this OP is that...

A. i had a lot of fun regardless of the cons

B. I personally loved the bandage system, and i think with some tweaks it could be even better.

As far as everything else goes i just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out, it was a real learning experience for us. Although i was disappointed in the lack of "Dirka dirkas" i got from the insurgent side , as well as my team mate radar needing to get a "vendors licence" to sell some full throttles, because he was giving better deals than the springfield lady. (So does this mean that people one AO and people hold garage sales need licences??? ) But seriously i had a lot of fun and i really appriciate everyones responses. (not as grim as i had suspected!)

Maybe the event wasn't as good as it could have been because we were missing John Zorn?

To wrap up my thoughts of the day im going to say this...i got home at 8 o'clock from the event after cleaning, climbing, fighting etc. I fell asleep at 10 and woke up at 2, and i am still really tired!

Rat

Old 07-15-2007, 02:30 PM

lttldude9 is a Private
yea, when to bed at 11, woke up at 11. A good 12 hours of sleep. lol I was smart enough to call off of work the day after too.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 PM

Miku is a Private First Class
I tried taking a bath after I got home and fell asleep with the water on I was so tired. It flooded the bathroom and the kithen below got a bunch of water too. Not a good experience.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:44 PM
FatTek

The event was good. Unfortunately I was a terrible judge on how much I could take without water. I was walking back to the ridiculous respawn for the insurgents. I remember thinking OMG my stomach hurts and then the dizziness came on. Then I woke up looking at the canopy. I decided to go to the car get liquid and rest a bit but fortunately I had so much fun. Insurgents were awesome and unfortunately we (meaning the insurgents as a whole, not me ) found it in our best interest to take to strategical advantage and camp spawns which made it less fun for the US side. I think if I was a US member I would have still had lots of fun cause I wouldn't have let my self get in that situation. I am sorry for us making it not enjoyable. Nature of the beast I guess.

Very good event 91rst. I will defiantly enjoy coming to your future events if they where as good as that one.

I can't stress enough CAMELBAKS I thought taking water to my spawn and just going back when I needed it was an Ok Idea, NOT SO MUCH! From the field to the other side of the forest is a long Arse walk. Hence I almost had heat stroke.

I would like to know some of the people that I ran with. I am really bad with names so....

Some nice guy gave me some ammo in my clips when I was out so I didn't have to walk back to spawn, I wanna know who that was.

Not a bad job to Ominide as his first time being a CO for a side.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Highroller

Firefly is a Private
A lunch break next time for sure

Don't be afraid to be a prick and lay down the law

Use your power, its your event. ( a restart would of helped out the US side bigtime)

Make sure everyone knows there roll in the big picture (if the terrorist are supposed to defend, MAKE THEM DEFEND)

Just a few things I would of done, but it was easy for me to say.
Good luck next time
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Mullet is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Yahoo to Mullet
Ah yes, camelbaks. This event has reinforced my love for hydration carriers. I brought a 3 liter bladder with me and it was empty by day's end. Those things are a life safer and as essential a part of your gear as your gun and goggles.

Quote:
Insurgents were awesome and unfortunately we (meaning the insurgents as a whole, not me ) found it in our best interest to take to strategical advantage and camp spawns which made it less fun for the US side. I think if I was a US member I would have still had lots of fun cause I wouldn't have let my self get in that situation. I am sorry for us making it not enjoyable. Nature of the beast I guess.
Massive agreement.

Quote:
Use your power, its your event. ( a restart would of helped out the US side bigtime)
I'm pretty sure a restart did take place.

Great moments from the AO Chat room:
[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
of the opinion of seriousness of the topic of seriousness. I'm so serious...."

Last edited by Mullet; 07-15-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM

lttldude9 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius View Post
I tried taking a bath after I got home and fell asleep with the water on I was so tired. It flooded the bathroom and the kithen below got a bunch of water too. Not a good experience.
ha, i did same thing, but i turned water off before it happend. I didint even notice i fell asleep. It was funny, just proved how tired i was.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:06 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTek View Post
I think if I was a US member I would have still had lots of fun cause I wouldn't have let my self get in that situation. I am sorry for us making it not enjoyable. Nature of the beast I guess.
Please consider that this is unavoidable. It was the US primary respawn. Once players bleed out or have been healed more than three times, they were required to return to this spawn point. Eventually everyone would have to return to it at one point in the day for elimintion or resupply. Your objective was not to do as you wish. A milsim event has specific tasks that each team must perform in order for it to work. It may not have been clear as to what the insurgents role was. The US were told that the insurgents were to hold key objectives throughout the field and that the US was to bound from objective to objective. This was a milsim event and I don't think many of the players who participate in it were ready. Milsim requires more than just running a shooting.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Last edited by Evil Head; 07-15-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: