Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 AM

LEATHERNECK is a Private
ACM Aimpoint Comp M4, Anyone have experience with it?

In the market for an aimpoint comp M4 replica, has anyone had experience with the aimpoint comp M4 replicas? How was the quality? Life of the reddot sight? Any issues after some use? Is the reddot bright enough for a sunny day of airsoft use? Thanks for anyone who can answer my questions!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 AM

Texx is a CorporalTexx is a CorporalTexx is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
I have two ACM M3s and have used their M2 and ACOG replicas. They run off the button size hearing aid batteries. The biggest issue was with the knob to turn them on and adjust their brightness settings. On one of my M3s, the set screw wiggled out of place and fell off. I fixed this with loctite and it never happened again. However, one of my friends had an ACOG that shorted out - bad contacts and a faulty switch. Luckily, the seller ebairsoft sent him a replacement.

If you order them stateside, make sure its from a seller who will offer you a no DOA policy.

I'm interested in the M4 as well, but pricing tends to be somwhat fluid on them. Have seen them for for $35 on eBay, but they usually disappear quickly.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM

LEATHERNECK is a Private
Nice commando gif, watched that like 5 times before I read your post haha. I've also heard about the faulty switch problems. Brightness is the biggest question for me, are they visible in board daylight? I've been looking at primary arms for there reddots
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 AM

Texx is a CorporalTexx is a CorporalTexx is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
If you check out my blog I have almost the entire movie in gif form.

http://texxsblogofwinning.blogspot.c...mated-gif.html

With a fresh battery when I bought them (3 years ago) I was able to use them all day, leaving them on. I believe there were 6 brightness settings.

On the Red/Green dot version, I think there were 4 settings, I don't remember to be honest. I can say the kill flash does help but I've never had an issue seeing the dot even on lower settings even in direct light. The dot is pretty small, though. If you get a decent mount on the replica, on an M4/M16, you should be able to cowitness the scope with the sights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: