Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM

alecmclovin is a Private
Thumbs down Aeg gearbox issue

Hello all you techs out there. I am a noob when it comes to gearboxes and wiring. I have no idea what I'm doing. I was installing a moe grip and did everything correctly. Next I was trying to fix up some tape on some wiring because the tap was loosing all the sticky. So I pulled off the back stock and somehow pulled out a wire. I reattached the wire and thought everything was okay so I went to put the battery in and the thing started shooting full auto while the gun was on safety! I have no idea what I did. Hopefully the video below showes what I'm trying to explain well. All help is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNSJF6CU8uU&sns=em
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM

Wilk is a Private
just finnished fixing this same issue on another gun if I may guess it was the black wire? your mosfet is probbly fried

Last edited by Wilk; 04-15-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 PM

Mechanicali98 is a Private
Video helped in diagnosing. The black wire is the ground and isn't the lead cause of this issue. When the trigger is pulled, the "circuit" is complete and the gun cycles. Something is causing the gun to cycle without the need for the trigger to be pulled. Id check to see if there are any wires crossed.

Airsoft Auctions
Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Jonezy is a Private
I'm going to point my finger at those yellow gate wires as being the cause of your problem. You should NEVER have exposed wire like that, ever. Check to see if there's anywhere that they're touching each other or any other wires as that could also cause it to fire like that. Whoever did your wiring job still has much to learn about electronics if they sent your gun back to you like that...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
...time to re-wire.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM

alecmclovin is a Private
How much would it probably be to have someone re wire it? Also is anyone going to be at operation moonlight that could see first hand?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:36 PM

CheEzZy is a Private
$50 - $80 range (maybe more)
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 PM

absorbedsponge is a Private
Send a message via AIM to absorbedsponge
Here's what I think. There are 4 wires leading to the gearbox from the mosfet. A positive wire and a negative (RED and BLACK wires) and two more wires (Yellow). The positive and negative wires lead directly to the motor. The other two wires lead to the trigger (which acts as a switch). When the trigger is pulled the circuit is closed and the mosfet reads that and sends the motor power (basicly). I think the wires that lead to the trigger are contacting causing the circuit to close before the trigger is pulled. Which would cause the full auto on safe. If I were you and if I didn't have much money I would see if I could cover the wires where they are exposed.
Cover them where they are exposed so that they cannot contact anything. You could do this in various ways the best way IMO is to use that "wire shrink wrap"(think thats the name of it) else electrical tape will work as well. I'm surprised you didnt have major electrical problems before with electricty traveling from the wires to the metal on the gun and going elsewhere...

I would be very surprised if the above isn't the problem.

Best of luck. Great idea on the video!
I dont think it needs a re-wire, just a "wiring cleanup".
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

Mechanicali98 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by absorbedsponge View Post
Here's what I think. There are 4 wires leading to the gearbox from the mosfet. A positive wire and a negative (RED and BLACK wires) and two more wires (Yellow). The positive and negative wires lead directly to the motor. The other two wires lead to the trigger (which acts as a switch). When the trigger is pulled the circuit is closed and the mosfet reads that and sends the motor power (basicly). I think the wires that lead to the trigger are contacting causing the circuit to close before the trigger is pulled. Which would cause the full auto on safe. If I were you and if I didn't have much money I would see if I could cover the wires where they are exposed.
Cover them where they are exposed so that they cannot contact anything. You could do this in various ways the best way IMO is to use that "wire shrink wrap"(think thats the name of it) else electrical tape will work as well. I'm surprised you didnt have major electrical problems before with electricty traveling from the wires to the metal on the gun and going elsewhere...

I would be very surprised if the above isn't the problem.

Best of luck. Great idea on the video!
I dont think it needs a re-wire, just a "wiring cleanup".

It definitely needs rewiring and I have high doubts on your theory. The yellow wires are from his AB MOSFET. The yellow wires don't even connect to his motor; the red and black do.

Just have it rewired, it is undoubtedly needed.

Airsoft Auctions

Tags
aeg tech

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: