Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-14-2012, 05:37 AM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Teddy View Post
Hey Irish I think this is a great idea I you can figure out the what you wanna do I'm sure my team <----- WASNT AWARENIT WAS YOURS?.........would be glad to help you out.

@whiteout just for you I'll start planning it out might not be till mid summer but I'll start writing stuff out, as I understand it berk doesn't live to far from me and I've never seen him at a game yet and that disappoints me so, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Jackson, I don't think we even HAVE 3 fields in NWO.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 PM

FightingIrish is a Private
I'm willing to write a backstory and designate fields, if anybody decides to go though with this. I'd just need a list of fields and, it would really helpful if I could get a map of most of them. I know that's not the hard part, but I don't have any connections with any of the fields. I don't know who would plan any of the operations though.

"Если не я, то кто?" -Spetsnaz moto.
"Servitas Vitæ!" -G.I.G.N. moto.
"Do you have enemies? Good.
That means you've stood up for something in life,"

-Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 PM

T271 is a Private
I kinda like what TRT said, was talking to a friend from Norway about how they have week long events there over fields that are miles long. Of course, we don't exactly have that here but I was kinda looking at it as a game over a week where people win at a field and move to another etc. But again the tough part would be getting all that time off and everyone getting to the next field (anyone got a troop transport?)

Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Teddy View Post
Hey Irish I think this is a great idea I you can figure out the what you wanna do I'm sure my team would be glad to help you out.

@whiteout just for you I'll start planning it out might not be till mid summer but I'll start writing stuff out, as I understand it berk doesn't live to far from me and I've never seen him at a game yet and that disappoints me so, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Are you at BGSU? If so, could you guys make a trip to Springfield? No way I could go up to BGSU area.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM

TRTRook is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by T271 View Post
I kinda like what TRT said, was talking to a friend from Norway about how they have week long events there over fields that are miles long. Of course, we don't exactly have that here but I was kinda looking at it as a game over a week where people win at a field and move to another etc. But again the tough part would be getting all that time off and everyone getting to the next field (anyone got a troop transport?)
I might be able to get my hands on some 15 passenger vans, although a deuce and a half would be sweet too!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 PM

Regan is a Private
I get the odd feeling this is actually gonna happen...

ANYWHOOZLE, a week long event would best be held in the summer. Since school is out for high school and college, which is some majority of our players.
Granted I still think every one under the age of 18 should have their own mode of transportation so it does not have un-supervised (by a parent or legal guardian) kids mixing with adults, especially in over night events... (need I say more?)
Basically you catch my drift... So I think the week long experience of over night and our "public transport/ troop transport" should be limited to 18+ y/olds or 18- accompanied with an adult during the overnight part and transportation part at all times. If you are under 18 and cannot be accompanied by an adult but still want to participate, you have to go to the events as if it were an individual Saturday/Sunday event. You get there with a consent form, play for the day, then leave. Leave the overnight/public transport for the campaign to the 18 and up and parents supervising their kids.

Sent from my TI-84 texas instrument.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

chang2012 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope View Post
For an example, each team could have one "move" per month to challenge or defend areas. Now of course this is highly improbable, but if it were to be done, it would without doubt stimulate the sport in our state(and possibly others).
so basically a giant game of risk, I am so in. Logistics will be a nightmare, but Ill chip in to help any way I can

Last edited by chang2012; 04-16-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 AM

Regan is a Private
So would this incorporate some sort of bracket system??

Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Spaniard is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post
Maybe you could divide Ohio into smaller theaters? Each theater would have, say, three fields? Example... Red Dragon, VC, Springfield. This would make it easier for a group of people in one area to attend all the events in a series, if they were spaced out time-wise.
^ This i agree with
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
People seem to like this idea - but as is usually the case with these kinds of forum threads, there is a big difference between liking the idea of something and actually liking the thing when it happens in the real world. You guys have already mentioned the possibility of having "brackets" and having "competitions" for various local fields across the state. How is this any different than an airsoft tournament with some story thrown in? I love back story, and even an active/persistent story during airsoft, but everybody has seemed to gloss right over my point about creating too much incentive to win. This idea has inherited all of the very fundamental criticisms that have been aimed at competitive airsoft in the past. When people start playing to win - and I mean actually winning something (official field bragging rights, special "powers" in the next game, what have you), it changes the player makeup drastically. I would not be surprised to see breaches in sportsmanship & hit calling - the two things that are most integral to the sport - all so that players would want to succeed in this tournament. The reaction from an organizational standpoint will then be to implement a stricter referee system, which will in turn a demonstration that we no longer trust our players to follow the rules. I'd rather not adopt a competitive model around the actual playing of the sport that will almost certainly corrupt the very basic procedural elements that make the sport functional in the first place. I've got no problem with having more coordination between organizers, but that is something that can be achieved with positive results without introducing a competitive model.
"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
Mmmkay I got half way through and I had to through in an idea. It incorperates all the ideas so far and make this type of game really possable. just like another day at the field. I understand everyone likes the idea but it would be to complicated to control yata yata yata. HOWEVER, I got a new idea. Say every field on the same day holds an event that cordinates to the same overall challange(solves logistic issues and still incorperates original idea). Each field owner would dictate challanges and would control the event basicly (solving blades issue brought up). Howeverrrrr. There would be a scorekeeper (again incorperating original ida. Odd number of fields to make sure no tie insues) that counts the wins/loses of the sides at each field. The team with the most wins at the end of the day wins? like tan vrs green. IDK just and idea.

Edit: This would not allow a bracket btw. More like capture the territory, then once a month you meet again and again you fight for the territory. Again you score. At end of year you take over all score? Idk just another idea that spured in my crazy creative mind.

Edit 2: OH another idea to those who wanna go deep into. winner gets to defend that fields idea of a fortress. Attacking team gets simulated airstrikes(smokes refs/hosts call out like at) you get a time limit to take(evens out technical odds of the force multiplier[fortress] saying all men are equal in their talents). HOWEVER there are other objectives to hold and take that effect the take of the territory. All for points. If the attacking team fails to take the fort but captures all the outpost the attacking team wins the match and inturn takes control of base for next round to DEFEND(Again ballencing things out, making things possable to easy switch hands if not paying attention). This spures team work and a greater sense of team communication to work towards the common goal of winning round.

Idk again things spuring. (Like defending airfield but having to defend the outpost at springfield) It's super difficult, but possable.

Edit 3: another idea after typing to Rio. Instead of all in one weekend. Y not stagger them? so maybe you can go to more than 1 month. So like from cinicinatti to C-bus there is what 4-5 large field that we could use(no include i-70, not a good size). Then say we number them 1-4, 2 and 4 go the first week. then 2 weeks later 1-3 go. or vice versa. Point being. people could attend more than one field and help effect the turnout of said "Campaign" or mass war of what ever you want to call it.
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene

Last edited by Brenden45424; 04-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 PM

Rio is a Private
Why not do Ohio vs another state?

OP Night Archer 4, 5, 6 (SplatterPark)
OP Braaaaaaaiiiiinssss I, II (Springfield, Chillicothe)
OP Dark Horizons (Chillicothe)
OP Moonlight I, II, III (SplatterPark)
OP Calamityville (Fairborn)
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
Because if you read any of this thread you'd understand the impossable logicstics and time frame that would be. it would rivel the size of op Irene and would only turn out to be which state is better which we dont need.

Lets think logically now ladies and Gents
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene

Last edited by Brenden45424; 04-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Fun idea, but I doubt plausible due to lack of coordination between states. If Im not mistaken; Ohio's own Airsoft Ohio , is one of the most well run forums out there, thats why we have people from other states contributing to our boards and even others countries. We would have to assume also that their forum (other states) is just as well run and organized to actually be a fair fight and well run event. In my opinion, we are VERY privledged to have this forum, where most other states (from what I know, I may be wrong) do not have such organization and community.

This isn't to say that the idea is IMPOSSIBLE, just improbable seeing as airsoft is still in a form of infancy in other areas... But I would throw a vote towards that idea if it were plausible!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 PM

Rio is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden45424 View Post
Because if you read any of this thread you'd understand the impossable logicstics and time frame that would be. it would rivel the size of op Irene and would only turn out to be which state is better which we dont need.

Lets think logically now ladies and Gents
I was only kidding... As of "which state is better?" What the hell do you call real sports???

Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Quote:
What the hell do you call real sports???
Competitive sports. Something I am loath for airsoft to become. If I am mistaken about my misgivings I would certainly like to hear some reasons from the other side.
"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 AM

Rio is a Private
I didn't ever mean it to become something competitive (I don't play to win, I play for fun), I just thought it would be fun for the community of Ohio to be apart of the same team for once. I know a lot of people who only run tan, and I only run green, so I have not had the privilege to play with them. But I suppose this is something that really doesn't need to happen. I will still enjoy the sport, and I'm sure all of the rest of you (correct me if I'm wrong) will not quit the sport if none of this ever happens. But enough of my opinion.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private
I am guessing from the posts that many of you have never written hosted or planned an event on your own. Trust me guys had you 99% of what is being tossed around would probably go by the wayside . What sounds great on paper often turns into a nightmare when you try and implement it with real players.

This needs 1 overseer who writes, plans and controls the events at every field they attend. This needs a storyline that is not only believable but can draw the players into the world. Otherwise it turns into your traditional Tan v. Green and you are just playing at different fields and you have defeated the purpose. This event needs to have the outcomes or story flex based on who completes their objective at the event prior so you have a "campaign" feel or a again, you are just playing airsoft on different fields.

It doesn't need to be complicated, that complexity comes in the world the writer creates.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM

TRTRook is a Private
Running an event is akin to herding cats, yes I said cats! Next to impossible because while some actions are predictable most are not. I applaud anyone who is willing to plan an event and will help however possible to make this type of an event happen. I share the same fear and don't want it to turn into some extremely competitive, but a little bit of competition is a good thing. However when it crosses the line from fun to vengeful retaliation rivalry then there is a problem.

I think the concept is doable but it would just take a massive amount of leadership from one person and cooperation of several others.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned

derp is a Private
this is absoluting genius i hope this happens so bad because you could do springfield, splatter park, roseville, i70, battlefront, valley creek, and red dragon this would be magnificent
Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Screw it, FALLOUT game Now that would be fun.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private
Whiteout we already have a running post appocalyptic game in Ohio . See Daybreak in September.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Yup ;D haha. I mean like actual Fallout missions, since I have New California Republic Branch Tapes, and a NCR Ranger patch. You could say I'm obsessed...hint hint, look at my avatar.

Last edited by WhiteOut; 04-19-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Derp moment NCR, not NRC
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Spaniard is a Private
Quote:
because we are a 14,000+ strong force of ohioans and I dought there's a state that can beat us.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
because we are a 14,000+ strong force of ohioans and I dought there's a state that can beat us.
California

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: