Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 AM

ArenZeFox is a Private
Help with VDV loadout.

Okay, I know some of these threads can fall apart fairly quickly and turn into a flame war so let me be very specific. I am looking to build a Russian VDV loadout focusing around the Flora pattern http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_591_Russian_Army_VDV_PARATROOPER_Camo_Unif orm_Suit_FLORA_with_Patches.html I currently intend to buy a helmet cover for my Czech M60.

The problem I am experiencing is with the H-Harness and pouch setup. I do know most use the SMERSH or other combat vests, but I'm trying to stick with the more popular H-Harness style for a lighter rig. If anyone knows what it is they use or where to find the Harness and pouches (preferably together) it would be much appreciated. Thank you all for your time and any suggestions will be appreciated.

PS: If you don't know what the VDV is, you probably shouldn't reply to this thread, thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:03 AM

Daxter is a Private
Your link doesn't work.

But besides that, I own an H-harness that was surplus 60's UK gear. It's similar to the Y-harness for ALICE belts. If you want, I can post up a picture. But I doubt you'll find them online. I found mine at a gunshow.

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 AM

IRONMAN is a Private
Check soviet-propaganda.com. They are one of the best and reliable places for Russian gear. Ebay isnt bad either if you are willing to do alot of searching.

I havent seen any old and complete H-harnesses. Really your best shot is with the SMERSH. I own one myself and have nothing but good things to say about it. Keep in mind that Russians arn't exactly uniformed when it comes to gear and will pretty much use whats available. Theres ALOT of vests/rigs to choose from.

Hope this helps

Last edited by IRONMAN; 03-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Spetsnaz is a Private
This is taken from user Hilbert on Red-Alliance.

From this thread -

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...p?topic=7601.0

But since not everyone has an account there - I will put the information contained here.

This is everything you want to know about a modern Russian VDV loadout.

Weapons:
The AK-74M is the official assault rifle of the Russian Army; however, among the Airborne Forces (and regular infantry), the AKS-74 (usually fitted with black plastic furniture) remains in use. Generally speaking, two members in each squad will have their rifles carrying a GP-25 or GP-30 under the barrel grenade launcher. Further, one member in each squad carries an SVDS, folding stock, modernized Dragonuv rifle; the PKM is the standard light machine gun and can be found with both wooden and the new plastic furniture. Traditionally, one (sometimes two) members of each squad of paratroopers will try to carry AKMS rifles fitted with PBS-1 Sound Suppressors; however, this is not always possible due to procurement reasons.

A golden tan two point sling goes along with the rifle; for all practical purposes, this outdated design has not been changed since the sixties.

It’s also worth mentioning that Russian troops, even paratroopers, often have a mixture of different magazines. For instance, a soldier might have six of the new black plastic AK-74M magazines, a single plum-colored magazine, and a single red Bakelite magazine.

The Makarov PM is still the main sidearm of the Russian Army and from what I’ve heard isn’t expected to be significantly replaced with the new Yarygin PYa Pistol until near 2009-2010. However, this doesn’t really matter much as pistols are typically issued only to officers and they tend to leave them in the armory, viewing them as “dead weight.”

Headgear:
Being Russia’s elite First Strike Force, the Airborne Forces are easily the best equipped service outside of Spetsnaz. Every paratrooper is issued a Kevlar Helmet and while officially the current issue is the new 6B26 Kevlar Helmet, many if not most paratroopers are still using the old 6B7-1 and P7.

Having berets on one’s person when going into combat is considered to be bad luck so paratroopers leave them back at the barracks.

Obviously, you’ll also find the good old kepi in FLORA and the newer cap design in FLORA being worn as non-combat field gear; watch caps are also common.

The green padded jump helmets are worn during parachute jumps but are immediately placed into the pack upon landing and replaced with the standard Kevlar Helmet.

Body Armor:
The 6B23 Body Armor in FLORA is the “Standard Issue” to all Russian Troops, however it’s going to be replaced by the new 6B33 MOLLE System Body Armor sometime in the near future. However, despite what it says about being standard issue on paper, the Airborne Forces is probably the only service branch wear being issued a 6B23 is all-but guaranteed; this is due partly to logistical reasons but more so to the fact that the factories cannot keep up with the demand; as a result, some Russian troops still use the old Flak Vests or commercially bought body armor.

Uniforms:
FLORA Camouflage Battle Dress Uniforms are the standard issue to all branches of the Russian Armed Forces; and in this case, it’s not just on paper, it actually is the standard issue. Although, you’ll still find some oddballs wearing VSR (AKA: Dubok) pattern uniforms. As per VDV uniform regulations, paratroopers cut the bottom two pockets off their BDU Jacket and tuck it into the trousers, which are held up by a Black, Leather Two Prong Belt (formerly the soviet officer’s belt). I will cover the appropriate patches and where they are placed later on.

Recently among the Airborne Forces, FLORA Camouflage Gorka suits, SPOSN Partizan suits, and SPOSN VDV suits have started to become a growing trend.

And, then there’s the infamous Blue Telnayshka Striped Shirts. Once purely a VDV Item, today the Blue Telnayshka is worn by many members of the Army, not just paratroopers. However, no paratrooper will ever be caught without one. And, if for no other reason than out of respect for the real paratroopers, don't wear the striped shirts on August 2nd.

Field Gear/Tactical Gear:
In the past, the 6Sh92 Assault Munitions Carrying Vest was the standard issue for the Airborne Forces and most units of the Russian Military. However, today it’s being replaced by newer, better pieces of equipment as the Russian Military itself modernizes into the twenty first century. Today’s Paratroopers are using Russian MOLLE (UMBTS) vests in FLORA, a mysterious FLORA camouflage MOLLE Harness (similar to the old U.S. ALICE Harnesses, but the design has been SIGNFICANTLY improved to something along the lines of the SMERSH rig), and many other vests; even so, you’ll still find a few paratroopers wearing various versions of the 6Sh92, usually in FLORA, although sometimes in VSR (Dubok). Another common vest worn by paratroops (and ALL branches of the Russian Military) is the 6Sh92-5.

And, no field gear section would be complete without paying special tribute to the good old RD-54 Airborne/Marine Rucksack. Today, the RD-54 is still seeing some use in the form of a FLORA pattern RD rucksack made out of a newer material; although, the old green and khaki one’s are still in use as well.

Patches:
In 2005, the Russian Armed Forces instituted a new patch system. This system consisted of circle patches depicting the Russian Eagle and color coded to represent various branches of service and specialties; in the case of the Airborne Patch, it’s colored Sky Blue (what a surprise egh?). These circle patches are worn on the right BDU shoulder pocket (where the unit patches used to be). Unit patches have been moved to the left shoulder.

Now, the situation regarding the two chest patches (Service Branch Patch and Blood Group Patch) is a little complicated. Officially, according to Russian Uniform Regulations, the two chest patches are to be worn on the field uniform; please note, the keyword here is “officially,” in practice it’s a whole different story. Chest patches today range from uncommon to rare depending on which unit is in question; for the VDV, it’s likely be rare as most of their members don’t wear either chest patch.

Boots:
Information regarding boots is presently unknown; I will update this when I have more information.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 AM

Spetsnaz is a Private
http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/al...ictureid=16756

This is my VDV loadout. Kit list as as follows -

6b7 Replica helmet.
Flora KEPI
Tan base "Mountain" Flora w/ VDV Arm patch.
6B13 Armor carrier. (No inserts. All of those would be heavy and pointless for Airsoft.)
6sh92 in Flora.
RD-54 in Khaki.

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/al...ictureid=13826

Lighter set up in VSR. Same kit but lacking the 6b7 and 6b13.

KILL TAN.
O-RUS

Last edited by Spetsnaz; 03-29-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM

ArenZeFox is a Private
Alright, thank you all so much for your input! I'm certainly going to get a 6sh92 with the Flora, I already have a dark khaki RD-54 and the cheaper metal helmet that I plan on getting a cover in Flora for. I appreciate all of your help on this matter and am more than excited to get this kit off the ground.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 PM

IRONMAN is a Private
Good to have another non SEAL/Delta/Ranger added to the ranks

Keep an eye out for the 6sh92. They've been harder to find since Russia switched from flora to digital flora a couple years back and stopped producing the 6sh92. Its all about the 6sh112 now.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
Anything modern you can likely use for VDV.

VDV are the elites for the Russian forces. They typically get all of the new toys first.

KILL TAN.
O-RUS
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
I'm planing on making a VDV load out this late summer to fall, but in the meantime, Regan and I will be aquiring AlpenFlage load outs.
MARSOC (WIP)
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM

ArenZeFox is a Private
Thank you all very much, I do plan to have this up and running by may (Assuming I get decent hours at work) but I'm keeping an eye on Ebay for a 6sh92, I also found a good way to keep my Hydration bladder in my RD-54 lol

Edit: If anyone is interested there is a decent condition SPHERA on ebay for 100 dollars right now, which is about 100-150 cheaper than you usually find them. I' pick it up but I don't have the money to drop on one right now, just figured this would be the right place for someone interested in it lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSIAN-ASSA...#ht_648wt_1031

Last edited by ArenZeFox; 03-30-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM

Spetsnaz is a Private
That's an actual Russian one too. Not a Ukrainian one for a change.

KILL TAN.
O-RUS
Old 03-31-2012, 01:46 PM

IRONMAN is a Private
And it weighs nearly 9lbs. My neck hurts just reading that...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: