Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Regan is a Private
Talking Closing an AAR: Thread.

Hey just thought I would pitch this idea out there. But maybe when an AAR: thread is over (around a few days after the event/ a week) someone could come by and collect up all the links in the thread for people to quick reference? I noticed it was quite convenient for even me, when I posted it for a buddy on a thread. Just food for thought!
Thanks
Regan
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 AM

Diesel is a Private
Great idea Regan, searching through AAR's for specific links I.E photos, and videos just sucks.

Btw, Ms. Donoghues class last trimester sucked even moar. XD

-Rob, Diesel
Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 PM

Fat Rambo is a Private
i support this, I also hate searching for that stuff

--------------------------------------------------

Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM

Rygar is a Private
Great Idea Regan!

I nominate you as the person to do that for the threads so the rest of us won't have to search anymore! Darn good idea!!

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I don't think anyone likes searching the threads, so much so, that you will be hard pressed to find someone to volunteer to search the threads and compile it for everyone else. But, it is a good idea, and thank you for doing that in the Dark Horizons AAR thread.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Regan is a Private
Actually: I'm more than willing haha. In all seriousness too, I mean it'll be a community service of mine, atleast to the games I go to! Hopefully it'll catch on
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
What about leaving the event organizer to post the first thread about the AAR or simply collect the info in his own first reply?
I would assume all organizers will like to read about what they did right and wrong so obviously will go through all the comments, collecting links to photos and videos, then could paste them into the first post of the thread.

Another option is who ever start the thread actually collect the info

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Vinvyin is a Private
I like this Keeps me from asking stupid questions haha. I like the idea of whoever posts the AAR could go through and edit the first post with all the information to pictures, videos, and even positives and negatives of the game. That being said, I also think that whoever does make the AAR know what they are getting themselves into haha.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
....and even positives and negatives of the game. That being said, I also think that whoever does make the AAR know what they are getting themselves into haha.
I would not go that far. Posters should know better. Don't post what you don't like to read from others. There are just no ways someone will summarize 8-10 pages of comments and butt rubbing awesomeness into one single post.

Although I have to admit, if players would truly title their pros and cons properly, I would not mind making list on my own AAR. Precise, short and straight to the point should be the only way to gather the pros and cons.
Examples:

Pros:
stayed on schedule
missions well balanced
Sportsmanship

Cons:
not enough players
field too small
sportsmanship

If I have to read 2-3 lines to figure out what is the intent of the text (being a pro or a con), I will naturally skip through it. Player can obviously develop on their pros/cons but that should be done separately.

Awesome videos;
Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private
I have to agree with Blade here on this one. Editing an AAR kind of defeats the purpose of having one. When an AAR has criticism it is an EXTREMELY valuable tool for the organizer to see what they need to improve on in order to make the next event a bit better.

The way I see it an event isn't for the organizer but rather the players that have chosen to give their time, money and family lives to run around in the woods/fields/buildings etc. and take part in the story you have set up. When I write events the first thing that is on my mind is "will this be enjoyable for the players who attend?" When I run the events I try to make sure that everyone is doing okay and that problems can be addressed. After the event the AAR is the players way of telling me what they liked and didn't like. Editing or sanitizing an AAR is counterproductive to not only the player but the organizer as well. If you didn't like something, you need to let us know so we can fix it.

If all of you tell me how much you loved THE GAME and how it was the bestest ever to win brownie points but are grumbling to all your buddies all it does is keep me from evaluating and making changes to something that obviously isn't working. I would rather have someone give me the honest truth about what they didn't like rather than sugar coat it because they think it makes for nicer reading. Believe me ladies and gentleman I know that not only myself but Strikers, Stormblade, S.P.E.A.R., S.W.O.R.D., Ruins Raiders, Rygar and so on and so on understand what it takes to host events and that thick skin is part and parcel to the territory. If you are more worried about hurting our feelings then having us correct what you didn't like then you deserve a sub-par game at your next outing .

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up

...and I approve his message

Awesome videos;
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
butt rubbing awesomeness.
Something to add into my dictionary...

I agree with Blade and Vin; a good event organizer would post them in the original post
(Maybe post on the thread:
"PM links and videos to me, instead of adding them to the thread."
So collecting them isn't as much a chore just my .2g)

And keeping a simple easy pros/cons list is easier for the organizer to quickly read through and summarize. PM them if you really want to get more into depth about it, and how to fix it.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan View Post
And keeping a simple easy pros/cons list is easier for the organizer to quickly read through and summarize. PM them if you really want to get more into depth about it, and how to fix it.
Private message should be kept when you need to name players (due to infraction, bad conduct, etc). Otherwise, the best way to fix things is to talk about it. For instance, if you would email me saying I should not allow grenades in buildings, that doesn't mean the other 99% of the players will agree, which is why I will most likely not "fix" the problem that you think is one.

As Jonah said, here is how I personally read your posts in an AAR;

- Find the real pros and cons.
- Find pictures and videos (mainly to see how awesome you all are - That is butt rubbing awesomeness right there) to hopefully see if anyone cheated on camera
- See how the possible issues are being discussed.

While I like to hear your great moments during the event, I personally can't focus on little bob who ambushed a full squad and killed them all with his uber walmart pistol. Nice to hear indeed but not relevant to my event's AAR. So the less filtering I have to do to get a true idea on how the event went, the better it is for my next event.

Awesome videos;
Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
If all of you tell me how much you loved THE GAME ...
I see what you did there.

Yeah, I lost. :/
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 AM

Regan is a Private
So if I am following this correctly, the event organizer should be the one to create the small compiled list (Pros/Cons) that he reads, collects the links to photos/videos, and view how people discuss the issues (reverting him back to the pros/cons list)? All edited to the original post? (sorry if I'm making this confusing, just trying to get it straight.)

Im all for this, and I know Blade, you put A TON of effort into the airsoft community (My official "thank you" ... Jonah too )

so IMO: if an organizer is willing to do this, then I mean all power to them! Its got my approval and thanks for showing the effort.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:56 AM

Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
Can't find links?

Protip: Ctrl+F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 AM

sticks is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloiiiitems View Post
higher priced components of Warcraft can seem like an not possiblebuy wow gold
activity, particularly when you're looking with a number of number amounts. This particular sales opportunities many people to get precious metal are the real deal funds, yet there are alternate options.buy wow gold
After some persistence, there are several feasible, legitimate approaches to earn rare metal amongst people. Here are several ideas to acquire the heroes on their way to your comfybuy wow gold
revenue.
Seems legit, you really need to work on your American. Without propergrammer no one will take you serious.

Pretip: dont be a lazy.

sticks

Tags
aar, event, links, pictures, videos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: