Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

View Poll Results: CQB FULL AUTO?
NO 74 55.64%
Yes with restrictions 49 36.84%
YES 10 7.52%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johnstown, Ohio
Posts: 1,553
Blog Entries: 1
Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
iTrader: (26)
Absolutely not. I would prefer more Semi-auto only events. You can absolutely forget Full Auto CQB.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Head View Post
Airsoft is awesome...if I could eat it I would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
  #77  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Ultheran's Avatar
Ultheran Ultheran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 101
Blog Entries: 8
Ultheran is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Yes with restrictions. As said before only with 300FPS and some kind of face protection. Like full face mask, mesh face mask,mouth gaurd or even a balaclava.
__________________
"Ain't no thing like me, except me!" - Rocket Raccoon
  #78  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
ReverseFlank's Avatar
ReverseFlank ReverseFlank is offline
Interprets things far too literally....
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 307
ReverseFlank is a Private
iTrader: (12)
Four pages in and nobody has given a reason for needing full auto CQB. At least those against it have stated multiple well founded reasons.
__________________
But why do we bother doing anything that's pointless. What would Leonardo Da Vinci have done if a management consultant forced him to run a P&L on the Mona Lisa? He'd stab the son of a ***** in the eye with a charcoal pencil. Then he'd go invent the helicopter.

[Texx] 11:14 pm: giving Loki Neg Rep is like pissing on a forest fire...sure its fun and toasty but come on
  #79  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
jonahm740's Avatar
jonahm740 jonahm740 is offline
Space Wizard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Posts: 2,148
Blog Entries: 2
jonahm740 is a Private First Class
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseFlank View Post
Four pages in and nobody has given a reason for needing full auto CQB. At least those against it have stated multiple well founded reasons.
Funny, you noticed that as well .
  #80  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Torque's Avatar
Torque Torque is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 837
Blog Entries: 2
Torque is a Private
iTrader: (14)
And lest we forget, bin Laden was taken out by a well-placed double tap. Not a "spray the whole room".
__________________
Have an interest in running a British loadout?
O-UKSOC: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/group.php?groupid=356
  #81  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 PM
runner3's Avatar
runner3 runner3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dayton (home) Findlay (School)
Posts: 619
runner3 is a Private
iTrader: (10)
A lot of people are saying that it would work with the restrictions of

1. Full face protection (easily achievable)
2. Under 300 FPS (not easily achievable)

Think how many people have guns today that shoot just under 400 right out of the box (a lot). I agree that it is a good idea, but it just doesnt really make sense because no one has those guns. And the guns that do shoot under are guns like Maruis that cost a few hundred.

There are just to many factors and it would just be too complicated to accommodate to everyone, and it would be much easier to just say, no full auto.
  #82  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Radz's Avatar
Radz Radz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 388
Blog Entries: 1
Radz is a Private
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
And lest we forget, bin Laden was taken out by a well-placed double tap. Not a "spray the whole room".
Best argument yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Chaos View Post
Anything big I've missed?[in airsoft in the past few months]
All of the Ohio fields are closed. We play in the surrounding states now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
And lest we forget, bin Laden was taken out by a well-placed double tap. Not a "spray the whole room".
  #83  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:39 PM
cletus MaxmimusIII's Avatar
cletus MaxmimusIII cletus MaxmimusIII is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus and sometimes Canton OH
Posts: 152
cletus MaxmimusIII is a Private
iTrader: (6)
semi

I agree with semi only although I was reading the rules for steel city cqb in pitt and they seem to allow full auto but ''Please be courteous to players, keep full auto bursts at close distances to a minimum.'' Im curious as to how they have handled full auto. but semi is still safer and a big plus I realized is that semi will cut the cost of ammo as you will be more conservative with it as well people will have to be more tactical I know blade has run outdoor semi only games with success at springfield
  #84  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Baccarra's Avatar
Baccarra Baccarra is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 264
Baccarra is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner3 View Post
A lot of people are saying that it would work with the restrictions of

1. Full face protection (easily achievable)
2. Under 300 FPS (not easily achievable)

Think how many people have guns today that shoot just under 400 right out of the box (a lot). I agree that it is a good idea, but it just doesnt really make sense because no one has those guns. And the guns that do shoot under are guns like Maruis that cost a few hundred.

There are just to many factors and it would just be too complicated to accommodate to everyone, and it would be much easier to just say, no full auto.
There are plenty of guns other then Marui's that shoot under 300. Even then, a new M80 spring costs $10 and it's not that hard to put one in. People with guns right under 400 wouldn't be able to play anyways.
__________________


  #85  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Warpig07's Avatar
Warpig07 Warpig07 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 503
Blog Entries: 5
Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
iTrader: (0)
I vote this policy.

To each his/her own.
1.To anyone who wants to do full auto, there are fields that allow full auto play. go play there.
2. You may or may not agree with the decision the poll shows or miyagi makes. Honestly it doesnt matter. Miyagi knows more about the risks, benefits, and paperwork associated with running a field/ event. He'll do what he sees fit. If you do not like it, do not play there! Fighting, name calling, low-blows won't do anything but create mindless drama and waste of server space.

3. Don't feed the trolls (and yes, theres been some trolling here).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallets
everyone keeps repeating what everyone else says. everyone needs to "post less and read more..."
  #86  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Fat Rambo's Avatar
Fat Rambo Fat Rambo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 509
Fat Rambo is a Private
iTrader: (10)
i like the "yes with restrictions". In real situations, no body is going to limit themselves to semi, i would actually prefer full auto. BUT, in airsoft there should be a lower fps limit on full auto in cqb. i would say 320 be max fps, would be a good number for that. thats my opinion....... ohhh and a good reason for full auto would be that it increases your chance on landing a shot on your target :P
__________________

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Fat Rambo; 09-16-2011 at 02:46 PM.
  #87  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
I vote for bursts of 3. Fair for each sides of the argument.
__________________
  #88  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
Baron VonYolo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, OH
Posts: 5,939
Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Rambo View Post
i like the "yes with restrictions". In real situations, no body is going to limit themselves to semi, i would actually prefer full auto. BUT, in airsoft there should be a lower fps limit on full auto in cqb. i would say 320 be max fps, would be a good number for that. thats my opinion....... ohhh and a good reason for full auto would be that it increases your chance on landing a shot on your target :P
but..but....players have known for hundred of years that the maximum FPS limits for outdoor is 400fps at 99% of the field in the US and they still manage to show up with guns chronoing over!!!! Do you really think asking for 320fps is even doable?


__________________
No balls, no glory.



Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
  #89  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Flenner's Avatar
Flenner Flenner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In 2Tall's basement doing things
Posts: 944
Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
iTrader: (17)
No. It's unsafe for public events. Even if this is doable, private invite only would be the way to go. It's hard enough getting players to shoot under 400, much less 300.

If there are any more points brought up, I can add more.

-Flenner
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
**** you I'm Reed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
  #90  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Fat Rambo's Avatar
Fat Rambo Fat Rambo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 509
Fat Rambo is a Private
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
but..but....players have known for hundred of years that the maximum FPS limits for outdoor is 400fps at 99% of the field in the US and they still manage to show up with guns chronoing over!!!! Do you really think asking for 320fps is even doable?


That just comes down to people simply following rules. If you don't have a gun that is under the limit just don't go, and enforce the max fps limit as if it were capital punishable (I myself keep the piggy at around 370 for outdoor play) but i do understand semi only, and is not a problem for me. It DEFIANTLY is not going to keep me from the new indoor field in Cleveland! SO PUMPED!
__________________

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Fat Rambo; 09-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.
  #91  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
dubbs's Avatar
dubbs dubbs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 300
dubbs is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (2)
I think it should be yes, but with restrictions.
I like the idea of under 350, thats MUCH more easily found than under 300. A few stock TM's dont even shoot under that.
I also vouch for full face coverage so no one loses a tooth.

So under 350 with full face coverage.
__________________
Find me on steam and origin, username "dubbbs"-note that's 3 b's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
I'm not drinking your Koolaid.
INGINE: Just don't think about the game
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
INGINE: Just think of glorious boobage, games are for chumps.
  #92  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Baccarra's Avatar
Baccarra Baccarra is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 264
Baccarra is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
but..but....players have known for hundred of years that the maximum FPS limits for outdoor is 400fps at 99% of the field in the US and they still manage to show up with guns chronoing over!!!! Do you really think asking for 320fps is even doable?


Red ziptie a gun that shoots over 300. if a red ziptied gun is found being used on full auto then remove the user from a game.
__________________


  #93  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Panda's Avatar
Panda Panda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,467
Blog Entries: 9
Panda is a Private
iTrader: (0)
If I wasn't on Tapatalk, I would vote yes, since I see no problem with it IN CONTROL. Someone with a lipo'ed JG going 380 FPS personally would not be allowed near me in CQB, however, I think full auto adds a certain speed to the game that can't be achieved with trigger mashing on semi. I understand people have lost teeth from being shot in the mouth, but were they wearing face protection? Did they have hard plastic/metal (I don't mean some camo netting) protecting their mouth? In most cases, no. I believe that the mouth shots can be prevented with the enforcement of wearing full face masks or goggle/lower mouth protection combo. Mouth shots need not be worried about if you have mouth protection, which you should have anyways because semi or not if they aim at your mouth it goes in your mouth unless you have some Matrix power.

Another reason I support full auto is that most field on the east coast have no problem with it. Many videos from Airsoft GI and Tac City Airsoft show no issues with full auto in an indoor CQB course. Don't bring up "Oh, California guys are jerks" because that has no relation to the argument I am presenting. They can do it, why can't we?

Another reason people may say no to full auto is that they don't want to get hit 20 times. Honestly, unless you are standing still and this person is shooting lasers, you probably won't get hit 20 times. You signed a waiver to play a game that involves being struck by a or multiple BB's, just because you only want to be hit by 1 shouldn't be a reason, partly because you shouldn't want to get hit at all, and also because it is unpredictable in CQB.

However, I do want guidelines with CQB full auto. As I have mentioned before, I would only do full auto if I knew everyone had proper protection, which includes mouth/face protection. The fps limit should be under 350 and enforced with a steel fist. Under 300 is a bit drastic in my opinion. Lastly, I would like a proper briefing before each game to explain rules of combat.

Before any of you come at me raging or pissed because I support full auto, let me get some things straight. I am not "hard", "rough", or "gangsta". I wouldn't hold it against someone if I got hit with a full auto burst in CQB, because if it's a CQB game, I expect fast, in your face action, not MilSim at Springfield.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
__________________
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
  #94  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Locutus's Avatar
Locutus Locutus is offline
Airsoft Ohio Founder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Williamsburg, OH
Posts: 4,091
Blog Entries: 1
Locutus is a SpecialistLocutus is a SpecialistLocutus is a Specialist
Send a message via AIM to Locutus
iTrader: (1)
So what you are saying is, everyone should be forced to wear a paintball mask so you can pray and spray?
__________________



  #95  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Baccarra's Avatar
Baccarra Baccarra is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 264
Baccarra is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
If I wasn't on Tapatalk, I would vote yes, since I see no problem with it IN CONTROL. Someone with a lipo'ed JG going 380 FPS personally would not be allowed near me in CQB, however, I think full auto adds a certain speed to the game that can't be achieved with trigger mashing on semi. I understand people have lost teeth from being shot in the mouth, but were they wearing face protection? Did they have hard plastic/metal (I don't mean some camo netting) protecting their mouth? In most cases, no. I believe that the mouth shots can be prevented with the enforcement of wearing full face masks or goggle/lower mouth protection combo. Mouth shots need not be worried about if you have mouth protection, which you should have anyways because semi or not if they aim at your mouth it goes in your mouth unless you have some Matrix power.

Another reason I support full auto is that most field on the east coast have no problem with it. Many videos from Airsoft GI and Tac City Airsoft show no issues with full auto in an indoor CQB course. Don't bring up "Oh, California guys are jerks" because that has no relation to the argument I am presenting. They can do it, why can't we?

Another reason people may say no to full auto is that they don't want to get hit 20 times. Honestly, unless you are standing still and this person is shooting lasers, you probably won't get hit 20 times. You signed a waiver to play a game that involves being struck by a or multiple BB's, just because you only want to be hit by 1 shouldn't be a reason, partly because you shouldn't want to get hit at all, and also because it is unpredictable in CQB.

However, I do want guidelines with CQB full auto. As I have mentioned before, I would only do full auto if I knew everyone had proper protection, which includes mouth/face protection. The fps limit should be under 350 and enforced with a steel fist. Under 300 is a bit drastic in my opinion. Lastly, I would like a proper briefing before each game to explain rules of combat.

Before any of you come at me raging or pissed because I support full auto, let me get some things straight. I am not "hard", "rough", or "gangsta". I wouldn't hold it against someone if I got hit with a full auto burst in CQB, because if it's a CQB game, I expect fast, in your face action, not MilSim at Springfield.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Thank you Panda.

Locotus, neoprene masks, mash mesks, paintball masks all work as long as it covers the face and is hard.

What you guys keep doing is leaving out information on the full auto side. You say that it shouldn't be allowed because you get shot in the face and yet you weren't wearing face protection. You can just as easily be shot in the face on semi. Then you say that full face protection is bulky and hard to aim down sights, get a different form of it then, there are lots of great forms of it.

You, the people who vote for no full auto, are just saying its not safe and telling horror stories. Your being too broad and just saying full auto in CQB is dangerous. It can be made safe with the proper restrictions. You guys aren't letting us advance into a new age of airsoft. Imagine of TM wouldn't budge on building an AEG. What if they said "No AEG's won't work" or something like that. We would all be stuck with spring and the old gas design. we wouldn't move onto something better.
__________________



Last edited by Baccarra; 09-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.
  #96  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
Baron VonYolo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, OH
Posts: 5,939
Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseFlank View Post
Four pages in and nobody has given a reason for needing full auto CQB. At least those against it have stated multiple well founded reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
Funny, you noticed that as well .
Yeh, I am also waiting to hear that part of the whole equation.
__________________
No balls, no glory.



Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
  #97  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Baccarra's Avatar
Baccarra Baccarra is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 264
Baccarra is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Yeh, I am also waiting to hear that part of the whole equation.
Panda gave some good reasons.
__________________


  #98  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Red's Avatar
Red Red is offline
Pro Communitus
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Columbus
Posts: 2,746
Blog Entries: 6
Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
iTrader: (31)
No. Airsofters can't handle that kind of responsibility.
__________________

  #99  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
Baron VonYolo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, OH
Posts: 5,939
Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
iTrader: (3)
No, what he did bring is reasons for those saying FA should not be used.
Now, why should Full auto be used?
__________________
No balls, no glory.



Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
  #100  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Fat Rambo's Avatar
Fat Rambo Fat Rambo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 509
Fat Rambo is a Private
iTrader: (10)
gives you a better chance of hitting your target...
__________________

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help please; JG M4 carbine started shooting full auto on semi nfafan Electric Guns (AEG) 8 06-21-2009 08:26 AM
My KJW M9 FMV is firing full auto? necronomicon Gas Guns 2 08-03-2004 04:27 AM
Full auto pistols Sykosis Gas Guns 3 11-14-2003 11:42 AM
KJW m9 full auto leads to problems? SolidSnake1174 Gas Guns 8 06-20-2003 11:12 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Airsoft Guns, Tactical Gear, Military Gear, Ohio Airsoft Retailer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Airsoft Ohio