Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guns (AEG) (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Combat Machine decked out? (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41942)

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-25-2012 08:16 PM

Combat Machine decked out?

Alright, so this may be a bit far-fetched of an idea and I realize how expensive this could get, but I have a vision to turn my low cost Combat Machine into a airsoft weapon equipped to handle any battlefield situation I run into based on my mood, tactical advantage etc, etc... Here's what I want to do:
> I want to replace the plastic receiver of the AEG with a fully metal receiver for realism and just general durability.
> I want to replace the inner barrel with a new 6.03mm precision barrel that's 407mm in length
> I then want to replace the outer barrel system with a 16" barrel
> I then want to get a 12" free-floating RIS to put on the new barrel
> I want a vertical foregrip that doubles as a bipod in handy situations
> I want a new, more ergonomic pistol grip
> I want front and rear flip up, rail-mounted sights
> I want a Small-Medium scope to attach to the RIS
> And I want standard, high and a drum mag for it...

Alright, so I realize, like I said, that this would/is expensive. But I want to be ready for anything, all with one gun. In my eyes, these upgrades could turn my Combat Machine into anything, a assault rifle, a sniper rifle and a support weapon and all I'd really have to do is swap optics maybe and swap mags out. I'm probably not the first person with this idea but I think I could do it. So, you may be asking by now why I even bothered to post this, well it's because I'm still slightly feeling my way around airsoft and I need a little help finding the best "bang for my buck" in these parts. I appreciate any helpful comments, criticism and suggestions. Heres the parts I've been looking at:

> Bravo Steel 6.03mm High Precision Inner Barrel for M4 Plus 407mm - $50
> Madbull Daniel Defense 16" M4 Profile Outer Barrel - $46.56
> AMP 12" Free Float RIS for M4/M16 - $44.99
> G&G Metal Body for G4 and CM Blowback Series - $99.99
> Proud Spec Op Grip - $20
> UTG Reinforced M16 Series Pistol Grip (OD) - $24.99
> APS Catapult Flip Up Tactical Rear Sight - $15
> APS Catapult Flip Up Tactical Front Sight - $15
> Echo 1 2500rd M4/M16 High Capacity AEG C-Mag - $65

Any tips or suggestions on changing the parts I have listed to anything cheaper or slightly more expensive but better quality is greatly appreciated. I really do appreciate any and all help I receive on this project. Thanks for reading.

Winter 04-25-2012 08:19 PM

Definitely some gear box upgrades.

P y r o 04-25-2012 08:24 PM

No drum mags... You will get barbecued on the forums, and you can't use it on most fields.

Like Winter said, gearbox upgrades. Piston, Piston head, spring guide, and motor for starters. Plus shimming and regreasing. Also, a new battery would work wonders. Try a 7.4 lipo.

Winter 04-25-2012 08:33 PM

If you don't have experience with internally upgrading AEG's I would shoot a PM to jonezy on here. He is very polite and from what I've heard does outstanding work. I know just enough to get me by. But feel free to pm me and il answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

Pappy 04-25-2012 09:30 PM

I'm all for working on your gun (It's half the fun, IMO) but from my experience, it's very difficult to come up with a gun that does it all. That's why you see most experienced players have different guns for different situations and they let the event and/or squad situation dictate which weapon they carry. Of course personal preference plays a role in it also.

To be a support gunner, you will need a weapon deemed a support gun by the EO of the event you attend. Meaning more than likely one of the MK 24_ whatever SAW's, an M60, MG42, etc... 99% of them will not let you carry a drum mag for your M4 in case the opportunity to lay suppressing fire arises. You're either a support gunner or your not. If you want more than 400 fps to get that long range shot off as a DM, 99% of EO's will require that your weapon be semi only. Meaning full auto is disabled. So you wont be able to spray and pray on a rear guard action. What you can do with a limited budget is compromise by making a great field gun. Under 400 fps doesn't mean loss of range. The right hop up and barrel combination make all the difference in the world. A 9.6v NiMh or 11.1v lipo battery with a high discharge rate will give you a high rate of fire when covering and where you were going to carry that drum mag you can fit a few extra mid caps for support situations. And of course a pistol for CQB. As funds allow you can build that DMR and buy a support weapon. Good luck!

Panda 04-25-2012 09:40 PM

Pappy hit the nail on the head. Being able to do everything is being able to do nothing, it's much better to specialize your gun to a specific role than to try to make it fit every role.

Scrapper 04-25-2012 10:27 PM

Honestly.. if you're going to do that much to a combat machine, just sell it, and build a new one from the ground up with all your custom parts and spend the money from your G&G on a reinforced gear box, high speed gears, high speed motor, polycarb (ported) piston, metal piston head, metal cylinder head, air nozzle, and a m110 spring. You'll love your gearbox.

Rio 04-25-2012 10:41 PM

I'm as much of a fan of G&G as the next guy, but with all these upgrades, you're better off buying a KWA stock gearbox and putting all your upgrades together with that. It would save you a little money (buying only a gearbox and not a whole gun) and you would already have a gearbox suited for what you want to do with it.

Saffron 04-25-2012 11:43 PM

Pappy pretty much got it right. Build a strong gearbox and figure out what you really want to do because no one person does it all in a squad. I'd say range and accuracy are great things to shoot for in a build, get your gun to the range and accuracy that makes you deadly at whatever role you assume.

I started with a stock G&P 8mm Gearbox and ended up throwing all of this in it;

Systema Energy Cylinder Kit
Deep Fire Titanium Piston
Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Systema M110 Spring
Prometheus torque set
Modify 8mm Ceramic Bearings
Prometheus V2 Anti Reverse
Energy Motor

And it was worth it. I'm sure people here have good recommendations on parts but this combined with an Orga 6.23mm barrel and a prommy perfect hop really made for a nice shooting platform.

Texx 04-26-2012 12:22 AM

Since you're basically doing a complete build, why not just go ahead and build your gun from scratch and keep the Combat Machine for a backup.

Titann 04-26-2012 07:52 AM

Is it blowback? If it is, don't bother replacing it with a metal body because of a specific reason. First, I don't know if you can, but even still, you could buy and upper receiver, and make multiple drop in front ends for different situations, ie long, mid, and close range.

Kyo 04-26-2012 07:53 AM

If you are dead set on changing your combat machine though, try not to get the $100 metal body... any old jg/dboys/cheapchina will do they are just heavier than the big money bodies and with the extra money you could buy a set of gears and piston for your gun already.

Just as everyone said, work on the internals first, specialize your gun, because you aren't gonna achieve everything in one gun unless you break every single conditional rule set for aegs. It can be done but you just couldn't use it...

Jonezy offers work on guns, I do too! If you live in near Mt.Vernon. PM me if interested.

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-26-2012 02:32 PM

Alright, I've given it a decent amount of thought and since how money is always an issue with anything involving a hobby, I think I have a plan for this. I could go ahead and buy the metal upper receiver, the inner barrel, the outer barrel, the RIS and the sights and just install them onto the combat machine, then as that stands it will just be a combat machine with mostly external upgrades. Then once it's summer and I have money to dump here and there, I could buy each individual piece for the internals and by the end of summer I could have built my own M4. And I'm leaning more towards getting a 18" barrel now, so does anyone know where I can find a inner barrel that's a decent length to cover most of the inside of that? I know with a 16" a 407mm barrel would work fine, but I don't know with the 18". Anyway, anyone have suggestions as to what internals I should buy for the custom M4? I want the internals to be "common" in the respect that they aren't like Classic Army and don't fit in just that manufacturers weapons and equipment. I was leaning towards KWP, G&G, G&P or Echo 1 for most of the internals. And if I do that I need a higher powered battery, which I would also appreciate suggestions on. Thanks for the help guys!

P.S.: No my Combat Machine is not blowback, it's just the normal $140 tan one.

P y r o 04-26-2012 03:00 PM

No one brand is perfect, most people prefer to hand pick parts from different companies to build the best gearbox.

That being said, SHS makes almost everything great, and they're cheap as dirt. Locally, 321 Airsoft in Milford carries their products, as do Superior Airsoft and Airsoft Atlanta if you want to order online.

PS - Echo 1 and G&G Parts aren't really upgrade parts. They're just the stock parts for their guns. G&P makes decent stuff, though.

Edit: For the battery, get a 7.4v or 11.1v Li-Po. You'll need a li-po specific charger for those batteries as well. The Li-Po's 321 carries are alright, but you can get them cheaper other places. Do some research on your own, I'm sure you'll find some good parts.

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-26-2012 03:29 PM

I currently have my Combat Machine running on a 9.4v 2300mAH battery and I have a smart charger to charge my batteries. I've heard the 9.4v is too much for the stock Combat Machine but I wasn't able to get the motor to pull the piston back using a 8.4v 1100mAH Ni-MH battery in it. Thanks for your help P y r o.

P y r o 04-26-2012 03:35 PM

Assuming you meant a 9.6v, it should be no problem for your gun. Same with a 7.4v lipo.

I've had friends run 11.1v's on stock G&G without problems, but they're kind of lucky.

And if you get lipo's, you will need to get a lipo charger. Your smart charger will likely blow up lipos if you try to charge them with it.

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-26-2012 04:10 PM

Yeah I meant 9.6v lol. My bad. Anyway, is there a certain motor you recommend to put in this or the custom one?

ld513 04-26-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P y r o (Post 382520)
No one brand is perfect, most people prefer to hand pick parts from different companies to build the best gearbox.

That being said, SHS makes almost everything great, and they're cheap as dirt. Locally, 321 Airsoft in Milford carries their products, as do Superior Airsoft and Airsoft Atlanta if you want to order online.

Clandestineairsoft has a large selection of dirt cheap SHS/Lonex parts. It's basically a gun builder's dream come true. Shipping is like $2 most of the time. Only product by them you shouldn't get is the M4 nozzle. It's a few MM longer than stock ones and can cause feeding problems...

P y r o 04-26-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Lone Wolf (Post 382529)
Yeah I meant 9.6v lol. My bad. Anyway, is there a certain motor you recommend to put in this or the custom one?

SHS High Torque. $25-40, depending on where you buy. Gives trigger response and a higher ROF. Make sure you buy the long version.

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-26-2012 06:35 PM

I was looking at some and to be honest, if I'm going to build one, I figure I should make sure it's sort of high-end. I was thinking maybe the Systema Energy Motor. Would that be worth it do you think?

Winter 04-26-2012 06:38 PM

Dude. For the amount of money your about to spend building it "custom" you could buy a higher end stock gun and just add external parts. Like everyone else has said I'm all for working on your own gun. When you type it it sounds great. But once it gets to your house and you don't know what your doing? You look at is giant box of parts and go "oh s***." but hey it's still up to you.

Renegade Lone Wolf 04-26-2012 06:44 PM

Yeah, Winter. I definitely understand you. But I've always wanted to build my own, and despite the fact I seem a little inexperienced in airsoft mechanics and assembly, I'm pretty good and I have a friend that could do it in a heartbeat that will most likely help. And I'm probably going to buy the external parts for the "custom" gun first and attach it to my current Combat Machine so that I can still use my things and not have a pile of parts forever and when I gain the money, I could just buy the internals piece by piece. But I definitely thank you for your input, it's helpful and any help from the community is nice.

Cassius 04-26-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winter (Post 382564)
Dude. For the amount of money your about to spend building it "custom" you could buy a higher end stock gun and just add external parts. Like everyone else has said I'm all for working on your own gun. When you type it it sounds great. But once it gets to your house and you don't know what your doing? You look at is giant box of parts and go "oh s***." but hey it's still up to you.

Stop being a downer and let the man have his fun.Working on your own gun is part of the fun of airsoft.If something breaks that sucks,but now you know better next time.

Winter 04-26-2012 06:51 PM

I've definitely thought about building my own...btw if your looking to spend this much anyway....http://www.ohiomilsim.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=112 I know the idea of carrying an Hpa tank sounds bad but it's really not. There's a video of people zip tying the trigger down for 1,000,000 shots and it still runs fine afterward. Once I find a way to make some $$$$$ I'm gonna look into one.

Cassius 04-26-2012 07:02 PM

That's an insane amount of money,airsoft is fun but honestly that is just ridiculous.$450 just for a fusion engine? No thanks.PolarStar is cool and all but really is it worth it?