Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Airsoft traders gone bad (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40701)

Kymedic 02-26-2012 04:26 AM

Airsoft traders gone bad

Is there a place to post deals gone wrong or people who have taken your money/items without living up to their end of the "deal"? I would like to warn others, as well as be warned of risky people to deal with. I dont care about posting their names/callsigns, as they shouldn't have ripped us off to begin with. So, if there is a thread about this, can someone kindly point the way?
Mods, I would think this a helpful sticky thread in the classifieds forum to be easily accessible.
Anyway, here are my 2, so far, deal with them at your own risk!!

Marshmister20: stiffed me on $50 he agreed to send with a trade. Stopped all communication once I inquired as to why.

Zebra Cakes: bought a mk23 mag for $20- won't return any attempts at contact after I sent it through paypal as "gift" (over 3x weeks ago) so he wouldn't have to pay fees. Thought he was a cool guy, thought if help him out that way...I was wrong.

Bells 02-26-2012 04:34 AM

Marshmister also screwed me outta 30 bucks and I threatened him with legal action and he returned like 15 of it to my paypal and no item. That guy is a POS.

Texx 02-26-2012 06:47 AM

Itrader is the current system we use. Leave feedback once a transaction is completed. It's a decent system. Otherwise, there really isn't anything set aside for trader feedback. There have been a few attempts, but it usually just never goes anywhere.

fury 02-26-2012 07:27 AM

Texx is right, iTrader is what we currently have and I think it works just fine. A few things I have learned are: Never send money via paypal as a gift, the 3% fee is worth it, look at the other person's iTrader (if you would have looked at Zebra Cakes you would have noticed some negatives), if you still want to deal with someone with bad feedback ask them to do the deal in person or to ship the item first if they dont mind, and always be polite and understanding. Stuff happens, try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Kymedic 02-26-2012 08:33 AM

Yeah, I forgot about itrader. Duh! I still give people the benefit of the doubt cause I dont know the situation at that time. Guess I'm lucky it was only $20. Still, disappointing when someone seems cool through emails and they turn out to be dirt bags.

Pappy 02-26-2012 09:50 AM

The "gift" on PayPal. That's exactly what it is because there's nothing you can do about it if you don't get what you paid for. If the seller is honorable, he'll have no problem doing the math to figure the fee into the asking price.

ReverseFlank 02-26-2012 10:18 AM

Gifting on Paypal is kind of funny, the only way you get out of the fees is if you are sending money from your paypal account straight to their account or straight from your bank account, paying from credit cards are still charged the 3% or whatever. So in the long run you are better off just paying the fees and getting the protection since a majority of the time, at least for me, I am paying with a credit card.

OverLord 02-26-2012 10:31 AM

I traded with Zebra Cakes a while ago and all i can say is that things went very very smoothly. I would give him some time to respond, chances are something happened (phone computer ect) and he just cant get to you.

eviljoe 02-26-2012 11:29 AM

I got stiffed twice on "gifting" through paypal. I'll never do it again.
I just told somebody not too long ago that I wouldn't do business with them because that's all they did for transactions.

Pope 02-26-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymedic (Post 373469)

Zebra Cakes: bought a mk23 mag for $20- won't return any attempts at contact after I sent it through paypal as "gift" (over 3x weeks ago) so he wouldn't have to pay fees. Thought he was a cool guy, thought if help him out that way...I was wrong.

I know Zebra Cakes personally and I can assure you it is just a mistake. He probably just forgot, or has some sort of trouble on his end. He ships out in a week and his mind is probably just focused elsewhere. Whatever the reason might be(right or wrong), he obviously still owes you. If you don't hear from him in a week, PM me and I will personally reimburse you.

Kymedic 02-26-2012 01:45 PM

I've messaged him with pm's and I've messaged him on his personal page WHILE HE WAS ONLINE and posting messages, with no response for weeks. Once or twice I can forgive as a "mistake" when it looks like you are deliberately avoiding and ignoring polite requests for an answer, thats just wrong and dishonorable. If he's a friend, I'd let him know he's messing up his good name with his apathy.

jonahm740 02-26-2012 02:09 PM

We have a system, please use it. Locked.