Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Airsoft Events (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OOBI Milsim Open 3/16/13 (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47118)

jonahm740 02-24-2013 08:55 AM

OOBI Milsim Open 3/16/13

Since we are about three weeks out I figured I'd start this off. This game is designed to be an intro into Milsim Airsoft that will help introduce new players to Milsim as well as give veteran players a day of objective driven Airsoft.

Coalition forces have begun to push back the Purple Cobra militia forces in Anwall Province, Crapstakistan. Intelligence suggests that the purple cobras have been collecting and stockpiling weapons at several locations in preparation for a major offensive. Coalition command has authorized any means necessary to root out and destroy the Purple Cobra threat in the valley.

1. Uniforms are MANDATORY for this event as it is a Milsim open. That means approved BDU's such as woodland or tri color desert. (Full list on the event listing) as well as boots and a radio. Remember, the purpose is to introduce players to Milsim so it's a good excuse to get some BDU's or boots ;).

2. I would like to ask for volunteers for both Coalition and Purple Cobra command roles. Additionally if are willing to step up in a mentor role to newer players let me know. You would be responsible for taking a squad of newer players as your charges and showing them the ropes.

3. The morning scenario and the objectives will link into the afternoon. Expect some sweep and clear objectives, intel location and more.

Any questions let me know :)

jonahm740 03-04-2013 10:41 AM

Hey guys, we are a little less than two weeks out. If you were at Nomad this weekend as a first timer or have never thought about milsim airsoft I would encourage you to give it a try. This won't be a super hardcore event as the aim is to give a basic introduction to story based, objective driven play! We will have vets who will be willing to mentor you in the ways of milsim to help make the experience an enjoyable one :).

Lucky226 03-06-2013 07:54 AM

Let's go guys, let's get some attention on this one! Winter ends and spring starts just four days after this game. The average temp for the 16th is in the mid 50's, that is perfect spring weather for a game.

snakey 03-06-2013 09:45 AM

Looking forward to it. Yes, should be some fine weather for slinging plastic at each other..

Sent from my SAMSUNG - Note using Tapatalk 2

Boxer3 03-13-2013 06:13 PM

How strict are the uniform regs? Is it mandatory matching tops/bottoms, and is non-issue gear cool(patterned Underarmor and the like)? Also, I saw it was on the list, but I just wanted to double-check: fleck is cool, right?

Deuce 03-14-2013 05:41 AM

Boxer,

Your gear color doesn't matter.( you can run tan bdu with green vest and still be tan) matching camo is okay as long as both your top and bottom are the same.

Fleck will be okay to run.

Boxer3 03-14-2013 11:02 AM

Cool. I know some people are kind of anal about gear restrictions, so I just wanted to double check.

Will there be any limit on the number of midcaps one can carry on the field?

jonahm740 03-14-2013 11:16 AM

Not this game :). Bring as many as you like!

jonahm740 03-15-2013 02:49 PM

Weather may be kind to us tomorrow. May be wet so extra clothes may not be a bad idea :)

Bushmaster16 03-15-2013 03:21 PM

I can't wait to try out my new gun, first time I have come as green too.

snakey 03-15-2013 03:33 PM

Rain or shine, I'm ready to sling some plastic...

Lucky226 03-15-2013 04:01 PM

Been 6 months, here comes the catapult.

funnyman 03-15-2013 09:16 PM

soo anyone have any deans wired batteries? i have this new gun i got in a trade but its deans...

G.I.JONES 03-15-2013 09:21 PM

Message "fallen warrior airsoft"(Tokey) I'm sure he'd have something in the proshop.