Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (
-   Electric Guns (AEG) (
-   -   Deans to Tamiya (

N8Fla8to 02-21-2012 02:59 PM

Deans to Tamiya
Ok so im ordering a G&P m4 and its wired for a deans battery, well b/c i don't want a new battery i want to switch to tamiya I know i need a "Male Deans to Small Female Tamiya Adapter Cable" and i think i need a "Deans T-Connector Set for RC / Airsoft (One Male One Female) - Small Type"

Both those items are on if you want to look for yourself

Thanks for the help

Desert-Fox 02-21-2012 03:01 PM

I highly suggest just buying female Deans plugs instead and rewiring the battery connector. As long as you as familiar with soldering, it's not too hard at all! Plus you enjoy the benefits of deans!

Yawger20 02-21-2012 03:16 PM

keep the deans..... its a better connection! Soldering is easy!

N8Fla8to 02-21-2012 03:19 PM

ok so should just get a deans battery to save the trouble and i dont know how to solder. Also will i need a special charger for deans?

79stang 02-21-2012 03:25 PM

One, you really should learn how to solder. You take a soldering iron, it heats up, melts the soldering, you use the hot metal to connect two metal pieces. Easy.

Two, a deans connectors are super cheap to buy individually. Then you can change your other guns, batteries, and charger to deans.

N8Fla8to 02-21-2012 05:18 PM

Im so lost can someone lite explain in more detail i don't understand

Vinvyin 02-21-2012 05:24 PM

What don't you understand?
They are saying that you should buy the deans connections and rewire the tamiya to deans. It really isn't that hard. You use a soldering rod (the tool used to melt solder, which is a soft metal that hardens quickly) to connect the wires to the deans connector. If you really don't want to do that, yes you can just buy the adapter. And all you need is a deans adapter for your charger (tamiya female to male deans) to charge a deans battery.

Here is what you should by if you are going to try to rewire the batteries to deans.
You only need the female part so these work too.
One of these for your charger.
And here is how to do it.

If you don't want to rewire, then you have to buy one of these for your gun.
The charger doesn't need an adapter then

In the end it's your choice considering the connection type is an opinion. Deans are easier to use but tamiya is already there.

darkside 02-21-2012 08:34 PM

You can take the battery to most hobby stores and they will solder the female deans on for you.

Desert-Fox 02-21-2012 10:25 PM

I sent you a PM before checking back on this thread. After reading through, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just take it to any hobby shop, doesn't even have to be an airsoft shop.

GeneralPatton 02-21-2012 10:29 PM

You can get a soldering iron and some solder for like $10 .. but since you seem really lost, I'd highly recommend just going to your local Hobby store (search Hobby stores in your area in Google if you don't know of any) and bring your Battery & Charger to them.

Tell them you want the Tamiya connectors converted to Deans connectors and they'll just solder on the deans for you right there for like $10.

A Man Named Lurch 02-22-2012 12:40 AM

Hobby stores are great, but if you have a local "Batteries Plus" store, they can do that for you as well. If you bring them brownies, they might just teach you how to solder.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Airsoft Ohio