Out of the Box Industries Milsim Open Play, hosted by Jonahm740 at Fallen Warriors Airsoft, CHILLICOTHE OHIO
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A MILSIM STYLE OPEN PLAY AND AS SUCH THINGS WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. The idea for the day is to give newer players an introduction into milsim events as well as to allow the vets a chance for a day of solid objective driven operations. Players MUST have a full uniform to attend as well as it being strongly suggested that you have a radio.
Fallen Warriors Airsoft Field
6985 Egypt Pike. Chillicothe, Oh 45601
$15/person, $20/person with lunch
11-12 (with participating parent/guardian) 13-17 (with parent/guardian signed waiver)
Maximum FPS AEG:
Maximum FPS Support Weapon:
Maximum FPS Semi-Auto Rifles:
Maximum FPS Bolt Action:
550 (with 50ft MED)
Required Safety Equipment:
full seal ANSI z87.1 rated goggles or facemask, death rag. If you are under 18 you must have a mask with full face protection. YOU MUST HAVE A DEATH RAG TO ENTER PLAY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 1 DOLLAR.
Recommended Safety Equipment:
mouth guard, gloves with knuckle protection, hard soled boots and anti-fog wipes
Over 140 acres with multiple villages, an ammo dump, internment camp/chow hall, slums and more natural features than you can shake a stick at.
The day will be broken into two separate scenarios, the results of the first having some impact on the results of the second. Because this is a learning experience I would ask that players who are willing to step up and act as mentors for newer players PM me. The only way that new players can learn is by having great teachers of which there are plenty in the community.
0900 - 1000 Setup, Registration, Chrono, Safety Briefing
1000 - 1300 Morning Games (sweep and clear as well as other objective based games)
1300 - 1400 Lunch/R&R
1400 - 1700 Afternoon Games (scenarios with objectives)
When you pay you will submit your waiver (we will have plenty onsite if you need them and receive a wristband signifying you have paid. After you have checked in bring any guns you plan on using that day to the chrono station WITH AN EMPTY MAGAZINE. We will supply .2g madbull match grade bbs for the chrono.
- Following the trend of our events the following patterns will be reflective of sides.
3 Color Desert, Despat, Digital Desert, Multi-Cam, ATACS, ACU
Woodland, Marpat, Tiger Stripe, OD, Digital Woodland, Flektarn, Cadpat etc.
Contractor/Event Staff - Solid Tan Bottoms, Black Tops
DO NOT WEAR TAN BOTTOMS AND BLACK TOPS UNLESS ASKED BY EVENT STAFF. THESE PEOPLE WILL HAVE SPECIAL ROLES FOR THE DAY. IF YOU SHOW UP IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING WE WILL USE YOU AS A FORCE BALANCER AND YOU WILL BE PLAYING ON WHICHEVER SIDE NEEDS YOUR NUMBERS THE MOST
- As this is a milsim themed open midcaps are preferred. As we are trying to introduce milsim to those who may not have experienced it before, players will alternately be able to use 1 high cap magazine if they have no midcaps.
- BB projecting grenades are acceptable
- Thunder B's are permitted
- M203/M79 type bb projecting grenades are acceptable
- Cold smoke grenades are acceptable.
- Hand or 40mm grenade ricochets count as hits
- Do NOT pick up other players grenades unless instructed to do so
Grenades must project BB's to count as a kill with one exception. Grenades that detonate in a building kill all players inside. Special grenade rules exist for the 2 story compound and will be covered in Briefing.
Minimum Engagement Distance
- 0-10ft "SAFETY KILL/BANG BANG" rule goes into effect, this is for player safety. ALL PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THIS RULE WITH NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!
- 25ft 400fps to 449fps
- 50ft for bolt action snipers over 400fps
- 75ft 450fps to 499fps
- 125ft 500 fps and up
POLAR STAR RULES
If you are using a polar star these rules are to be followed at ALL TIMES. These rules are in response to several issues that have arisen out of confusion and lack of understanding of equipment. Violation of these rules will result in dismissal from the event with no refund. NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. When registering and chroning in the AM, you will be required to play with that set up for the duration of the morning play. If you choose to play with a DMR setup you MAY NOT switch to a full auto setup (via any method including a receiver swap) and vice versa. Officials will tag your gun as either DMR or Auto set up and if you are found switching it prior to the break you will be asked to leave with no exceptions.
2. At lunch, you may choose to adjust your set up in the presence of an official and re-chrono and log your settings. This is the ONLY TIME that you may make adjustments to your set up outside equipment failure which you will be required to resolve off the field.
Each medic will be given 1 or 2 rolls of tape. Each time a player dies the medic will wrap tape around one arm. Once the same player dies a second time the medic will wrap tape around the casualties other arm. Once the same player dies a third time that player must respawn at their teams closest spawn point.
There are currently two full villages and other fortifications around the play area that we will be using. When inside the bounds of the villages fire is SEMI AUTO ONLY. Players in violation of this rule will be warned once. A second violation of these rules will result in your being removed from the field. Support weapons need to be used with extreme care due to the nature of close in engagements.
- All players MUST bring water and carry it on the field. It is recommended you bring at least 1 gallon. Any containers are allowed as long as you do not leave it in the field after usage.
- It is recommended you bring snacks/food as well. The field owners will have lunch available at ridiculously reasonable prices.
Rental packages are currently available through Fallen Warrior Airsoft and can be reserved here: http://www.ohio-airsoft.com
. The rate includes the fee for the open and rentals must be reserved ahead of time as supplies are limited. Additionally Fallen Warrior Airsoft now has a full service pro-shop onsite that carries guns, bbs, gear and repairs to meet all of your airsoft needs on the spot.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 AND NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A LEGAL GUARDIAN YOU MUST HAVE YOUR WAIVER NOTARIZED.
Waiver can be found here: http://www.ohiomilsim.com/files/paintball_waiver.pdf
Field Map can be found here: http://www.ohiomilsim.com/files/WintergridV3.jpg
WARNING: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE EVENT FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING WEATHER. WE WILL BE PLAYING IF IT RAINS AS LONG AS THE WEATHER IS NOT TOO SEVERE.
Post any questions you have and one of the OOBI staff will get back with you shortly.