Out of the Box Industries proudly presents the first milsim event of the 2012 season, Operation Dark Horizons. The storyline is a prequel to the events of Operation Hope hosted by the Ruins Raiders.
Event Waiver is here:
Team pages have been created so that players can communicate and coordinate before the event so it is highly advised that you join them.
Green's page is here: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/group.php?groupid=374
Tan's page is here: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/group.php?groupid=378
0800 - 0930 registration, chrono and check in.
0930 - 0945 safety briefing
0945 - 1000 deployment
1000 - 1300 morning scenario
1300 - 1400 lunch
1400 - 1700 afternoon scenario
Scenario Special Rules
Please make sure you read and understand the special requirements for this event as there are several rules in place designed to enhance the milsim experience for players.
While the fundamentals of airsoft will remain the same, each side will have special rules that they may use in order to turn the tide of the engagement.
If you show up without having read and understood the rules it will limit the experience for not only yourself but your peers.
PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE SPECIALIST RULES. IF YOU SHOW UP WITH A SPECIALIST KIT WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH YOUR CO YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH IT!!!!!
Medics will be required to maintain physical contact for 30 CONTINUOUS seconds with the player to "diagnose" the injury and then tie three knots in a strip of paracord that will be issued to each player during registration. Once the player has had their cord tied they are able to rejoin the fight. Should they be hit again they are no longer able to continue on and must return to their re-spawn point.
BLEEDOUT IS SET AT 3 MINUTES UNLESS NOTED
If a a player returns to their HQ after being revived once they are able to untie the knot in their paracord, effectively buying themselves another respawn.
In battle, the presence of a specialist can often mean the difference between life and death and in the setting of Dark Horizons is no different. Each squad (10 players) may have 2 specialist players but may not duplicate specialties. For example a squad may have a medic and a support gunner but not 2 support gunners. The following are classified as specialist roles.
- May carry a support weapon
- May set/defuse planted explosives.
- Able to heal wounded fighters
- This specialty occupies both of the support slots for a squad and operate as a 2 person team in support of their squad.
- May use anti tank weapons such as rockets, mortar strikes or grenade launchers.
What squads have what roles will be determined by the commanders so if you plan on attending check with them first.
In order to simulate a more realistic combat experience the following steps will be taken.
1. Players will be allowed to carry up to 10 mid cap magazines onto the field fully loaded. Support gunners may carry 1 box magazine fully loaded. Heavy Weapon Operators may not have more than 5 projectiles of any kind be it grenade, rocket or mortar charge.
2. Players may ONLY reload if they are in their HQ or they are "re-supplied" by their commander. Each commander will be given a limited number of re-supply cards that may be given to a squad in the field allowing them to re-load as soon as the re-supply arrives.
3. IF A PLAYER CARRYING A RE-SUPPLY CARD IS KILLED THEY MUST CLEARLY IDENTIFY THAT THERE IS A RE-SUPPLY CARD PRESENT. The reason for this is that a real re-supply would be more apparent than an index card. The re-supplies are limited and may be captured by the enemy.
United Republic of Crapstackistan 14th Mountain
The men of the 14th mountain infantry division, or simply "men of the mountain" as they are known are among the nations best fighters who specialize in rugged mountain warfare. Elements of the 14th were the logical choice to act as security for the Russian oil talks and are well trained and equipped.
- Tan patterned BDU (DCU, Despat, ATACS, ACU, Multicam
- 40 + command staff
Specialized Fighting Force
- Each 10 man squad may have 3 specialist personnel rather than the standard two and they are not restricted to not duplicating personnel. For example, a 14th Mountain squad may have 3 support gunners, or 2 engineers and a medic.
- The Men of the 14th are supported by several helicopter gunships that can be called in for close air support. Armed with rocket pods for hitting hard targets or several gunner positions for killing infantry the helicopters can be the difference between life and death for the 14th.
- The men of the 14th are trained to operate as a single cohesive unit and while this allows them to operate at a high level it can also work against them as they can't be reinforced by regular troops to maintain their high level of combat effectiveness. As such the following rules apply after a player either bleeds out or is wounded a second time.
1. The wounded player returns to their HQ and becomes a "garrison" soldier defending the HQ. They player may not return to play until either their entire unit is wiped out or their squad leader elects to return to the HQ and can retrieve their wounded soldiers to return to full fighting strength.
2. Special events during the game may allow a commander to "airlift" reinforcements to any part of the field allowing players to re-join their squads without being retrieved.
Dawn Horizon Milita Fighters
- Civilian patterned clothing, Green Patterned Camo (Woodlant, marpat, cadpat etc.) or combination.
- 40 slots + command
- The Dawn Horizon are masters of hit and run warfare and making the most with limited resources. As such, Dawn Horizon players may re-supply if they are able to secure a specialist that has been wounded. To do this they must make touch the wounded player and maintain contact for 30 CONTINUOUS seconds. At the end of that time the player who maintained contact may re-load on the field.
- Sophisticated bombings and explosives are somewhat of a trademark of the Dawn Horizon milita forces. As such engineers may "booby trap" structures. The milita commander will have a limited number of explosive charges that may be deployed in buildings. If an enemy squad enters that building without first having an engineer secure it the explosion kills 1/2 of the squad that entered the building who must immediately return to their HQ as casualties.
- Unlike some of their more well known counter parts the Dawn Horizon is poorly funded and equipped. As such their medical supplies are poor and often a gunshot can mean death in the mountains. As such bleedout for militia members is set at 1 minute rather than three
Lunch will be provided for the price of 5 dollars and will include 2 chili dogs, chips, a drink and a cookie.
Hot Chocolate may also be available for purchase but I am not sure on that one yet.
Red Rags and a hydration source are a must for this event and it is HIGHLY recommended that players bring a spare set of clothes so you have something warm and dry after the event.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me at: