Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

An argument for stock "boring" guns

Posted 05-04-2012 at 10:00 PM by BIRDSTRIKE
This blog is meant to address the "uniqueness war" going on here on AO and facebook. Its also a love letter to my one and only primary weapon "Switch".

I own an Echo 1 G36C. It's the only gun I have ever run for going on six years. I have been around long enough to be a "vet" but I still rock out with a "clone" I got back in 2007. I do this because it works.

I have a G36 instead of an AK or M4, or obscure foreign gun for a...
Views 4330 Comments 9 BIRDSTRIKE is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Advice for people in training programs

Posted 10-26-2010 at 01:07 AM by BIRDSTRIKE
In case any of you have missed the latest AO drama. There has been some serious business about misrepresenting oneself as a member of the military or public safety communities by trainees. I have decided to weigh in on the whole occupation thing. People in initial training are not police, or firemen nor are they truly "in" the military. A cadet is a cadet. A recruit is a recruit, and so on. As a former cadet (like 4 months ago former) I have some advice.

If you are in fact...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2816 Comments 11 BIRDSTRIKE is offline Edit Tags
Old

Cause and effect

Posted 03-28-2010 at 09:29 PM by BIRDSTRIKE
Ladies and gentleman of AO.

I have noticed something in the last week or so. We have had what I precieve as a massive uptick in "Wut ams t3h Bestust gunz/Storz" and "iz ttthis gunz suer 1337 enough for x" type posts. I am interested as to the cause.

My first hypothesis is that it has something to do with, the time of year. Spring and warm weather being around the corner.

Or, could it be that in the three months since Christmas all...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2225 Comments 11 BIRDSTRIKE is offline Edit Tags
Old

SPEAR and their sweet avatars

Posted 12-07-2009 at 02:26 AM by BIRDSTRIKE
I would like to take a moment and congratulate SPEAR for having (in my opinion) the coolest looking avatars. Good work guys. That is all.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6055 Comments 27 BIRDSTRIKE is offline Edit Tags
Old

Doing my part to further safe legal play.

Posted 07-25-2009 at 01:55 AM by BIRDSTRIKE
The other afternoon while unloading my truck from Operation Savage Seas, I saw a most troubling sight. A young man from my block and his pal were walked down the middle of the street with paintball masks and airsoft guns. They were on their way to play in the cemetery two doors down and were actually cutting through my neighbors back yard. Neither had their replicas in bags or cases, and the cemetery is a historical site and city land.

I stopped them and informed them that playing...
Views 2617 Comments 10 BIRDSTRIKE is offline Edit Tags