Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Rellim

Rating: 19 votes, 4.63 average.

Arm Bands + Bdu colors = easy identification

Posted 09-04-2012 at 01:38 PM by Rellim
Updated 09-22-2012 at 02:13 AM by Rellim
Alright, So I did some digging on the forums and found some threads discussing BDU colors and their respective teams. I understand that a standard has been set in the community (pretty good one) but I still know that there is a lot of confusion and lack of communication on the field. With the addition of ATACS-FG, it is getting increasingly difficult to pick out other "friendly" teammates from hostiles.
I know my squad is usually active away from the main fighting force or behind enemy lines. It is sometimes very difficult in certain situations like this to differentiate between Green or Tan.
So, I have a proposition. Why don't we use arm bands as well as bdu colors? Take the already existing rules regarding battle wear color and add armbands. For instance: Green wears a blue armband and tan wears a yellow.

It would prove to be one more thing that would help in enemy identification. Spotters could look for armband colors as well as BDU colors.

It's just an idea. Nobody likes to be friendly'd.
I saw a lot of friendly fire in the woods during BF9, so it got me thinking.

That's all
Tags: armband, bdu, color
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21776 Comments 62 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 62

Comments

1. Old
    I would attend either way, as long as the event insterested me.
  2. Old
    No! No Armbands. It would be armbands today, pink armbands tomorrow and then pink speedos with branding and advertisements on them the day after. Don't do it man.

It is a path to doom. It is following in the footsteps of PAINTBALL!