Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Cephalos

Rate this Entry

We 1911

Posted 10-11-2009 at 07:51 PM by Cephalos
I've had some bad airsoft guns but none like this.
I first purchased my WE M1911 single stack last year and it worked great, looked and felt even better.
But after a few hundred rounds the spring plug broke, putting more pressure on the barrel bushing.
two shots later the barrel bushing gives out, the recoil spring and spring guide fly off into my yard. my gun was then useless.

I ordered a new WE brand barrel bushing a few weeks later. Excited to get it working again I went to test fire it in my back yard. After only maybe six rounds the second barrel bushing bent out and snapped. again... useless.

Tired with the weak pot-metal WE crap i just recently ordered a real-steel barrel bushing. It only took minor sanding to fit nicely in my 1911.

Again, excited to finally have it somewhat permanently fixed, I went out back to test fire it. what breaks this time? the frame. Right where the knob on the barrel bushing fits into the slide. A chunk of metal broke off.
The barrel bushing no longer stays in the front of the slide.

My 1911 is now, once again, dead.
I think i am going to buy a TM 1911 next time.
Tags: 1911, fail, we tech
Views 5221 Comments 7 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old
    This is a fairly well-documented issue with the WE 1911 series. I recommend the Guarder steel bushing as a replacement. But personally, I went the other route - replace the outer barrel and recoil plug. The Hicapa Cone barrel and recoil rod set fits nicely.
  2. Old
    I'd suggest trying the kjw 1911s. They have a good reputation for being reliable.
  3. Old
    Texx, I would totally look into that except its my frame that is now broken.

Ninja Fish, I'll check them out.

Thanks, both-a-ya.
  4. Old
    I know a few people that have the standard 1911 as well as myself. I've not had a single issue nor the other individuals that i know that use them.

Sorry to hear you've had issues.
  5. Old
    I as well had the same issue. I went through 2 barrel bushings. So I said to hell with the WE and go a KJW tactical 1911 that runs on co2. Greatest sidearm purchace I have ever made.
  6. Old
    Does the Co2 version run alright in the winter time?
  7. Old
    It has been excellent so far when it has dipped into the 40s.