Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Rhyno

Rate this Entry

See what I've turned into?

Posted 07-30-2009 at 11:02 PM by Rhyno
The last month of being laid off has kept me pretty bored. I got myself into airsoft a while ago but since I've been home, I've immersed myself into it a lot more. Researching and being on AO watching and participating on what all is going on.

I have observed a lot, beginning to form my own opinions. And I have to say, you guys are a bad influence on me.

Not really bad like, "Hey, want to go get high?" bad. But more in that "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" bad.

Before i joined i lurked for a while. I had formed my opinions about the site/community. And honestly first impression is that most of you are douchnozzles and elitists.

But, i've been here a while, i've gotten to know people and i witness now what a lot of you vets are talking about when it comes to new people. I have tried to integrate myself into the community, offer less crap posts than i used to, once in a while (like when im on vicoden for my herniated disk) i still post some inane crap. And i get crap for it, but i let it roll off me at this point.

Anyway, the point is i feel like i am becoming part of a community. And when you become a part of something, you tend to pick up those habits and tendencies.

Now i am the douchenozzle. I have found myself becoming a hard arse on newbs the same as everyone else. Do i like what i see? not necessarily. is it necessary to do so? absolutely. Being a douche on here is basically justified by being on here often enough to see the waste that gets dumped here.

See what you've done to me? I'm assimilating...

At least im not an elitist... not yet anyway... Maybe i will be a hardcore echo 1 buyer, user, and promoter JUST so i can be all edgy and be part of the anticulture...

Till next time...

-Biggie
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4906 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old
    Welcome my brother, you too have been assimilated...
  2. Old
    I now find myself being a **** to new members that ask simple questions.
  3. Old
    I thought the same things as you, until I started paying attention, and read the same questions over and over again, then read the ensuing argument when an infraction is issued. It really is necessary to be a douche on here sometimes.

As for being people being elitists..... You can't really help that. Let them do what they want. It makes it so much better when you beat them on the field.
  4. Old
    That's why i am going to be the anti-culture... Echo 1's for me baby!

Actually the one i have in mind is the full metal stag 15 with the tightbore, 8mm gear box and mosfet system STOCK. hehe

But that's neither here nor there...
  5. Old
    You won't be a true elitist until you buy a PTW.

j/k
  6. Old
    I was going to mention PTW owners, but couldn't figure out how to fit it in without it seeming like I was going out of my way to take a stab at them.

I would get one if I could afford it, but I did just drop money on an ICS L85. It's impressed me so far, but that's neither here nor there either.