Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > WhiteOut

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

New Camouflage Types

Posted 05-23-2012 at 08:14 PM by WhiteOut
So I've seen a few new camouflage concepts come out inn the past few years that are very adaptive. Some of them are:
GhostEX Kilo-1
ATACS
ATACS FG
Pencott
Multicam
US4CES
AOR1 and AOR2
NWUTYPEIII

Post what you guys think is the most adaptive camouflages that have come out recently and why you think it is. And please no hatred or flame wars.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16165 Comments 33 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 33

Comments

1. Old
    Multicam isn't really new.
  2. Old
    Newer as in the last 4-5 years?
  3. Old
    SURPAT...by far.
    Digital Flora
    M05
    MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern)
    Wüstentarndruck der Bundeswehr (desert camouflage of the Bundeswehr)
    M07

And OD of course.
    Updated 05-25-2012 at 11:30 AM by IRONMAN
  4. Old
    Mmmmmmmm SURPAT, I like that.
    And MTP, that is really nice.
    Updated 05-25-2012 at 02:14 PM by WhiteOut
  5. Old
    It really depends on the environment. Anything that claims it can blend in any cannot. Those universal solutions tend to fail harder.
  6. Old
    I must say though that ATACS does a very nice job of blending just about any where. I have confused people for green so many times I can't count that where wearing regular ATACs the stuffs amazing. Unless you are in snow environments then everything sucks
  7. Old
    Actually look up the Pencott snow, it is the best, or SnowPAT.
  8. Old
    Or go inside a log cabin and let the other guys walk around in the snow and freeze to death
  9. Old
    In Ohio, nothing beats actual USMC MARPAT, not that Tru-Spec **** that looks like garbage. Or solid OD/Khaki

I don't like all of this new camo bull****, it makes distinguishing people difficult. And to those of you that wear stuff like ATACs, you're all dicks because when I think you're green you're tan and vice versa.
    Posted 05-26-2012 at 05:31 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  10. Old
    The same can be said with multicam. Confusing as can be from a distance..

Temperate CADPAT is excellent for this time of year btw.
    Updated 05-26-2012 at 06:13 PM by IRONMAN
  11. Old
    Honestly I like CADPAT the best for Ohio in every season except winter.
  12. Old
    hey SOL whats wrong with True Spec?

Also thats the point of ATACs is to be more versatile and thats the point of camo is to blend in better so people using ATACs are using camo correctly; but yes it does suck when you confuse it for green... btw I don't know why the military hasn't pick up on it and started using it.
  13. Old
    Surprisingly, ATACS is still considered digital. And the British just started using a Multicam look alike to replace DPM.
  14. Old
    Why? Because.
    A. Money (billions for new uniforms, gear, etc. in that camo pattern)
    B. Time to transition to the new pattern
    C. It isnt truely needed. Multicam works well enough in the multi-terrain Afghan environment. Why fix something that isnt broken?
    Updated 05-28-2012 at 01:13 AM by IRONMAN
  15. Old
    Legit USMC MARPAT FTW!
  16. Old
    Key words "well enough" which not as great as it could be; why use second rate than first class. That's what companies do. Why use a well enough working production line when we can get a more efficient one that would save us time and money. I would like to know that im being given the camo that will help me best. Not the stuff that just works. Also while MC may work great in Aghan it doesnt work perfectly every where else there needs to be a long term view because the next war isnt guaranteed to be in the deserts of the middle east. The transition to a new camo pattern wouldn't be that difficult considering most everything the military would need to buy is already in production on some level. All they need to do is the same way they did when they made a new dress uniform issue it to the new guys and give it to the old ones when they are due for replacements and if the want it sooner they can buy it
    Updated 05-28-2012 at 10:45 AM by MGD
  17. Old
    "Why use a well enough working production line when we can get a more efficient one that would save us time and money."
    It seems you missed my first two points...

"I would like to know that im being given the camo that will help me best."
    While I can agree it doesn't work that way. You use what the military (your branch..) issues you. The uniform may not be to your sense of fashion or liking but you use it because it's standard protocol. And for further reading.... http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ifle-mags.html

"Also while MC may work great in Aghan it doesnt work perfectly every where else there needs to be a long term view because the next war isnt guaranteed to be in the deserts of the middle east."
    Yeah....and another war in the near future isn't guaranteed. And NOTHING is perfect. Every pattern that have ever been created has had it's advantages and it's flaws. The challenge is to figure out which one excels in the environment that your force is most likely to be/already engaged in and how it performs in other environments. And Afghanistan isn't just a desert. It has a mix of arid environments as stated plus mountainous highlands and grassy lowlands.

"The transition to a new camo pattern wouldn't be that difficult considering most everything the military would need to buy is already in production on some level. All they need to do is the same way they did when they made a new dress uniform issue it to the new guys and give it to the old ones when they are due for replacements and if the want it sooner they can buy it"
    Yes but here's the issue...money. The total cost for both testing and then re-equiping the entire force with new uniforms and gear would be in the billions, a cost that could be used towards other projects the military and DoD deems more important. Of course UCP, Multicam, MARPAT, ABU and NWU will be replaced eventually. The question is when, with what and how much?

Personally, I'm more worried about our country's own diplomatic relations with rival/unfriendly countries rather than not being issued the latest military fashion Crye, LC Industries or Ghostex has released.
  18. Old
    +1 for issued marpat.

I'd love to see marpat vs multicam as defaults for green vs tan
    Both work great in ohio: marpat more towards the end of spring and summer, and sometimes fall - then multicam for early spring, summer, and fall.
    For winter; black carhartt bibs and jacket. For this past year snow wasn't much of an issue.
    Updated 05-28-2012 at 02:03 PM by Searcher (wish i could type on this phone.)
  19. Old
    I hate that the Army and Marines banned PMAG'S and EMAGS
  20. Old
    Wait when did that happen?