Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > 330_deadbolt

Rate this Entry

judt a random rambling at 1am

Posted 04-06-2013 at 12:11 AM by 330_deadbolt
So im going through Facebook and come across a post made by airsoftgi and it got me thinking when do we say enough is enough.... As players and collectors we spend a great deal of money on our sport or hobby which ever you prefer to call it. We spend upwards of 3-4-500 dollars weekly, monthly, yearly... But when I seen what I did all I could think was this thing had better be the best damned gun on the market or this marked price is a typo... Know mind you I've seen guns for far more such as systema and such nut this takes the cake.... I have been playing airsoft for nearly 11 years but by no means do I know everything.. So if you read this please take a look at the link that follows and tell me am I crazy and missing something, or that im right and its complete bull**** they are trying to charge this much...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/AIRS...APPA_357_C.jpg
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12514 Comments 7 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old
    Btw, sorry for all the typos... I use my phone and the touch screen and auto correct hate me.
  2. Old
    This is a CNC Aluminum gas revolver, hence the price. In other words, its machined in much the same way a firearm is made. The other replica of this gun is made by Tanaka and I believe it is extremely rare. Iron Airsoft makes limited run guns, so the price is not surprising at all.

You'll see guns come and go, but a custom GBB is gonna run you at least a grand - I'm not talking about putting new grips on your KWA and calling it custom - a fully custom gun - complete custom body, replace the internals, inner barrel, and gas system, and fine tuning - easily a grand. If you're basing it off a high end gun - Western Arms, Marushin, Maruzen, Tanaka, etc, expect $1500 or more.

You get whatever you put into this hobby. Some people want a working gun to skirmish while others want to display piece. A limited run gun can often times be an investment. Even at $700-$800, when this production run is done, you may see collectors easily pay more to get one or you may end up seeing them all go on eBay for $50.
    Updated 04-10-2013 at 05:02 PM by Texx
  3. Old
    Tanaka had a 600fps 8mm setup that ran $2500-$3000.
    Smokey's U.S. M1 Garand is $1500

Asahi M40s (Holy Grail of airsoft M40s) have gone on the traders market for $2500.
  4. Old
    I just can't justify spending that much money on airsoft... As much as I love it I just can't do it. I have a family and kids, I just can't believe that they charge that much for airsoft guns and accessories and people actually pay those prices.....
  5. Old
    Well, when you have dependents, spending so much on a replica gun is hard, but if you're someone like Phil who has no responsibilities, you can spend frivolously and use your 50 dollar AOR1 grenade pouch to wipe your tears away as your credit card bill comes in....
  6. Old
    I understand Airsoft is a hobby....But it's not worth paying that much...Granted, I've paid quite a bit of money on it, but come on...I thought a PTW was pushing it, but $720 for a little pistol? So what if it's gas and CNC. I could buy a REAL pistol for less than that. Yeah, it'll probably be low caliber and garbage, but I could.
  7. Old
    Some people can't own guns in their country. This might be the closest they get to shooting stuff. Then you gotta think that there's people here on AO who go crazy for stuff like this and wouldn't mind paying the price. Just a matter on how much you're willing to spend on your hobby.

Personally, I play airsoft for the fun of it. Not to out-fab my opponent with the latest gear and camo.