Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

I started playing airsoft in early 2004 as a new recruit to a team that hadn't hit the scene yet. The name of the team was Blackeagle. I was an active member of the team between 2004 and 2008 and through hard work and dedication rose from the bottom to the top, becoming second in command. Blackeagle has attended most of the major events in the state since 2004 and is known for hosting the Black Aurora series. I was an active and contributing member until 2008, when life took a different turn for me and I left the team. I still hold the team dear to my heart and have the highest respect for milsim philosophy and of course the real military. I am still and always will be Blackeagle. I remain semi-retired.

In this blog I will be posting my own opinions and ideas on milsim topics and philosophy. What I post here is in my own words and is in no way affiliated with Blackeagle. My goal is to help the serious milsim enthusiast through my own personal insights, garnered from four years of participation in the Ohio milsim scene and as part of a serious milsim team.
Old

Milsim Philosophy - Overview

Posted 03-23-2011 at 02:17 PM by Oscar (Oscar's Blog)
Updated 03-28-2011 at 05:55 PM by Oscar (Changed the title.)
This is going to be the first in a series of posts about milsim philosophy.

Let's break the two words down into their components.

Milsim - Is an abbreviation for military simulation. The general definition, as it applies to airsoft, is simulating the real military as close as possible. What is the goal of military simulation airsoft?

Philosophy - The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek word philosophia, which literally means "love...
Views 4024 Comments 3 Oscar is offline Edit Tags