Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > BIRDSTRIKE

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Cause and effect

Posted 03-28-2010 at 09:29 PM by BIRDSTRIKE
Ladies and gentleman of AO.

I have noticed something in the last week or so. We have had what I precieve as a massive uptick in "Wut ams t3h Bestust gunz/Storz" and "iz ttthis gunz suer 1337 enough for x" type posts. I am interested as to the cause.

My first hypothesis is that it has something to do with, the time of year. Spring and warm weather being around the corner.

Or, could it be that in the three months since Christmas all the kids who got springers have finialy had a chance to either save up some cash for a clone or talk their folks into buying them a "bettuh gun to pwnxor" with?

Or can we blame it on modern warfare 2? (I don't remeber if there was a spike when MW1 came out so I have nothing to compare this spike to.)

Or perhaps I am wrong and there has been no major uptick. Perhaps I am just starting to notice (and be irritated by these posts) when before I just ignored it.

As a scientifically minded young man I would be interested in getting to the bottom of this mystery. Perhaps we could ever predict floods of bad posts in the future...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5887 Comments 11 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old
    It turns out that blogs are not immune to this phenomenon:

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/blog.php?b=408
  2. Old
    I think it is because it seems like there have been alot of new people(n00bs!) joining AO. If you look at most of these post are coming from brand spanking new people to the forum.
  3. Old
    This is nothing new.
  4. Old
    I would have to agree with Texx, this is nothing new, and in fact happens just about everywhere. Every fall all of the new bloods get to their units from basic training. Every fall new freshmen start at college/high school. New people who suck at online gaming after a new blockbuster game is released. It just happens here every spring because warm weather=airsoft weather.

The flood of the FNG can never be avoided, you will see it everywhere you go for the rest of your lives. The only real question is whether or not your blood pressure can take it...
  5. Old
    This is absolutly nothing new, happens every year. My guess is springtime, warm weather, people get into new hobbys around this time.
  6. Old
    Hodde, I am trying to read your blog, but I crack up every time I see your pick of you coming out of the gas chamber with the bio guys, and the ominous guy without proper clothing during military training!

I bet that guy is a noob as well!
  7. Old
    I was on Airsplat the other day, looking for bulk boxes of magazines, that was when I saw something that made me tremble. We all know that most "Newer" players purchase guns from Airsplat. This is because of their cheap prices (Not saying I'm against a good price, but in turn comes terrible costumer service) and exaggerated FPS amounts. Airsplat also knows this. What I saw was a feature in which a costumer could select a video game (BFBC2, MW2 etc.) and it would display all the guns from the selected game and their Airsoft counterparts. Without knowing more than "It g0tz the 13373sT power" they could purchase a gun they may not even know the name of. This was an intelligent sales idea from whoever designs the website, but something about it gives me a peculiar feeling.
  8. Old
    Yeah, I've seen that too. Evike did something similar: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=30622
  9. Old
    I do not know how I feel about video game sections on airsoft retail websites. It could be a good way to keep the new guys from buying "sniper riffles" like they see in movies and get AEGs instead.

Thank you for your comments. Again I am not complaining about the new kids and their bad posts, (the mods will take care of them) but curious as to where they are coming from.
  10. Old
    I don't know if this has anything to do with the blog, but the key words i saw were: Noob and MW2. And i was in Amped Airsoft (located in PA), and this 13 year old came in and asked if they had any SCAR's in. And the owner was like "yea......they're about $400" and the kid turned around and left.

Point is - MW2 opened up the eye's of the younger generation, more ppl interested is a good thing. But if a video game is why you want one, and then you get it, and never play with it. Stick with the V-GAMES!
    Posted 04-04-2010 at 11:50 PM by ILikeOddCamoColors ILikeOddCamoColors is offline
  11. Old
    Conners and I were at Toledo Airsoft a few months back, and there was this sheet of paper with a bunch of guns listed on it. I asked the guy what it was, and he said some mom called and said her son wanted those guns for Christmas, and that they all came from MW2. We all just laughed. I never followed up on that story to see if the guy actually got his guns or not,,,