Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Milsim Philosophy - Overview

Posted 03-23-2011 at 02:17 PM by Oscar (Oscar's Blog)
Updated 03-28-2011 at 05:55 PM by Oscar (Changed the title.)
This is going to be the first in a series of posts about milsim philosophy.

Let's break the two words down into their components.

Milsim - Is an abbreviation for military simulation. The general definition, as it applies to airsoft, is simulating the real military as close as possible. What is the goal of military simulation airsoft?

Philosophy - The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek word philosophia, which literally means "love...
Views 4362 Comments 3 Oscar is offline Edit Tags

What Kills?

Posted 05-08-2010 at 11:42 AM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
There is a lengthy debate going on about the nature of violence. I have already talked about it in an earlier post, but this is a slightly different question. Where does the blame for violence lay?

I have recently become aware of a number of recent campaigns on craigslist to shut down the personals section. Craigslist is a website where anyone can advertise for anything (within the Terms of Use). It's like having a small wall to write on in your community to advertise for things...
Posted in City Life
Views 6680 Comments 11 gertrude is offline Edit Tags

Zit-Faced Dance of Diversity

Posted 02-28-2010 at 05:41 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
(TL;DR at the bottom.)

[The realm of diversity is] a realm where each of one is different from the other. Strikingly different, in fact, unfathomably different. I think a river cannot be fathomed. Once we try to measure it, it has already moved on. But I also think, or, Id say I wish to think, that all of us are here because we have this very human longing to be whole. This longing of the heart to merge, merge with our surroundings, merge with each other, but in the end, to even
Views 2768 Comments 9 gertrude is offline Edit Tags