Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Life After Airsoft

What happens to you after airsoft. And a little bit of what happens during.
Airsoft in General General blogs pertaining to the airsoft world.
Old

Make Your Own: Choco-PB Power Bars

Posted 03-20-2010 at 05:57 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
Updated 03-21-2010 at 09:52 AM by gertrude (Conclusion/Results)
Iíve been playing with making chocolate-peanut butter power bars today. Iím not sure that this recipe is entirely the best recipe because of two main problems: The bars that taste good are somewhat sticky, and eating these on a hot day might not go so well. I tried three different recipes in evolution, playing with the amounts until I found something that tastes good.

So, the winner...
Views 3338 Comments 13 gertrude is offline Edit Tags
Old

Food For Thought, An Airsofter's Guide

Posted 03-06-2010 at 02:30 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
I have some maternal instinct in me. Itís why I shudder to think of a bunch of young guys going out early Ėearly- in the morning, with nothing on their stomachs, after less than two hours of sleep, running in the woods shooting at each other. I donít have any issues with most of those thingsÖ just the empty stomach part. So, for those of you who are perhaps new to airsoft, or maybe donít do what you should, here are some things you can do to make sure that you donít run out of gas in the middle...
Views 3319 Comments 15 gertrude is offline Edit Tags
Old

Zit-Faced Dance of Diversity

Posted 02-28-2010 at 05:41 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
(TL;DR at the bottom.)

Quote:
ď[The realm of diversity is] a realm where each of one is different from the other. Strikingly different, in fact, unfathomably different. I think a river cannot be fathomed. Once we try to measure it, it has already moved on. But I also think, or, Iíd say I wish to think, that all of us are here because we have this very human longing to be whole. This longing of the heart to merge, merge with our surroundings, merge with each other, but in the end, to even
Views 3606 Comments 9 gertrude is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Airsoft and the Dharma

Posted 01-06-2010 at 07:00 PM by gertrude (Life After Airsoft)
I want to talk about a question that has been bothering me for some time. I want to know if airsoft is violent. As a sort of lens, I'm going to examine it through my beliefs.

I'm a Buddhist. I was raised Catholic, and still see the beauty in Catholicism, but I don't believe there's a guy above me watching my every move. There are a number of other beliefs I have that preclude me from being Catholic, let alone Christian, but that's the big one.

Being a Buddhist means...
Views 6411 Comments 16 gertrude is offline Edit Tags